Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Don't Take Me For Granted

• Start Topic

Angela entertains a new suitor. Jenny questions Sumit's loyalty. Shaeeda attempts a peace offering. Kim lays down the rules for Usman's second wife. Jovi and Yara confront his mom. Liz questions Ed's intentions during a photography lesson.

First Look: 9/9/22; TLC: 11/9/22; Discovery+: 11/9/22

• Love 1

Another hour of 'goodness', followed by a Single Life first look (which I am recording).

The annoying cackle is back. Ange is trying to take a yoga class but is not particularly good at it. We then see her complain about Mykull and she's talking to some new guy named Billy, who is from Canada. He has an interesting past and she is excited about visiting Canada to meet him. More braying, more bad habits, more of.... the same.

We get more of Sumit and Jenny. She apologizes for yelling at him. Um, he has had two years to get his parents' permission. I doubt that Mama Sumit will be all Norma Desmond and be dramatic and actually *do* anything except manipulate her son. Jennikins, at 63 years old, you should be well aware that manchild Sumit will not let go of his mother. Some may be cultural and some is that he needs to develop a spine. You could be a gorgeous 25 year old woman and Mama Sumit still may not like you. She will tolerate 25 year old you because you are malleable and she can teach you to cook and clean to meet her standards. Accept that Mama Sumit is not going to like you - ever. Decide if you want to be with the manchild. I suppose some is sunk fallacy in that she spent so much time on him so nothing will stop.

Kimbaaaaly is packing and getting ready for her 25 hour flight to Nigeria. Jamal is not happy for her. Guess he has been around with the broom and dustpan ready to help her sweep up the relationship failures. Don't think he sees this one working out.

Jovi and Yara meet up with Mrs. Gwen.  Don't know if it is a cultural thing, a family thing, a sense of entitlement. Anyhoo, Mrs. Gwen did not appreciate being treated as a semi full time nanny for Mylah. Yara goes on about things being different in Ukraine and that the grandma helped out a lot with the baby and pretty much was a semi fulltime unpaid nanny. Yara makes some comment about people are different. Uh, Yara and Jovi, did you actually talk with Mrs. Gwen about her helping out or the extent of helping out that Yara 'expected'? Mrs. Gwen does have her own life, she is a three hours' drive away, and she certainly is not at Yara's beck and call. Yara is responsible for her own baby. If she has an online business, she has plenty of time to do her job and also look after Mylah. Not sure she actually wants to and maybe wants to spend her days going out and shopping. It is up to Yara and Jovi to find a part-time nanny and pay the nanny and not to expect free childcare from Grandma 24/7. Anyway, they seem to patch up this most likely fake drama.

We go back to Kimbaaaaly arriving in Nigeria. Useman has spent some time at the hotel cleaning up. He plans to introduce her to his family plus bring up the second wife. If no one is at the airport, he may think about kissing her. Guess his yammy needs yammying so that is his plan. He brings her two stuffies. Uh, not many women in their 50s want stuffies. I still remember my supervisor giving me a collectible teddy bear and to this day, it is on the couch and I am planning to find someone to give it to. He does kiss her and she thinks this bodes well.

To close out the hour, we then get you guessed it, Ed and Liz. She wants to hear about his meeting his friend Rich. It didn't go too well. Don't know if they truly deserve each other or it's a case of hello codependency. The next day, she brings Ed to some restaurant to meet her friend Barry. I don't think Barry liked Ed.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He brings her two stuffies. Uh, not many women in their 50s want stuffies.

A penguin and a panda that looked like he won them at the county fair. Not exactly an even exchange for a PS4 and a MacBook! How many guys on this show think plush toys are a good gift for a grown ass woman? The only person who seemed excited about one was when Paul gave Karine a plush poop emoji. 

Ugh! Last night I watched a rerun of one of the worst 600 Pounders EVER, the despicable drug addicted Angie. Tonight I was subjected to another equally awful Angie! So new beau Billy is a “painter”, huh? If that monstrosity in the background is any indication of his artistic talent...maybe she meant he’s a house painter. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

she is excited about visiting Canada to meet him

Sorry, Ang, you can't come to Canada (1) without being vaccinated, and (2) with your conviction for DUI.  

Byeeee

• Applause 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Sorry, Ang, you can't come to Canada (1) without being vaccinated, and (2) with your conviction for DUI.  

Byeeee

Love your post. Sadly she can come to Canada if she 1) gets a  Temporary Resident Permit entry waiver and 2. i think they are waiving vaccination requirements now.

Why didn't she go looking within her own circle of people down there?  We don't want her. And honestly, if you Americans want to take the Skipper as well, you can have her.

ETA. Oh for Pete's sake. I just googled and the idiot is from Toronto and he's one of my people (aka Greek).  His name is Bill Sotiropoulos.  

Edited by greekmom
i hate google. it makes me find out things i dont want to know
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Sadly she can come to Canada if she 1) gets a  Temporary Resident Permit entry waiver and 2. i think they are waiving vaccination requirements now.

This was filmed ages ago, when vaccines were still required (and there is actually no talk of changing that requirement). And to get around her criminal record, she would have to apply for Rehabilitation.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Quof said:

Byeeee

I would guess production took care of this issue well in advance of filming. Or maybe it's going to be the focus of the new season (although I can't imagine them focusing on her DUI. Then again, none of them, especially Ange, have any shame.) We've already seen the Conviction Monkey Wrench play out with couples trying to get the foreign fiancé here. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Quof said:

Fortunately Production couldn’t “take care of this”. Canada takes its immigration requirements seriously.  

What I mean is, they might have directed Angela as how to take care of the necessary paperwork for waivers and Rehabilitation to gain entry to Canada herself. 

Are we sure she hasn't been vaccinated? She does seem the type not to be, but she has been traveling all during COVID and it was a requirement for the airlines. 

Anyway, if she DOES get to Canada this season (maybe this fling with Billy isn't going to work out) WE DON'T WANT HER BACK! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

2. i think they are waiving vaccination requirements now.

Very recently they weren’t letting in unvaccinated American baseball players.

Boy the wrinkles on Angela’s lower face at the yoga studio were extreme.   It must be the chain smoking.  She looked 80.

I’m sure if Angela can’t go to Canada the geriatric stripper can come to Georgia.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Jenny is opining that Sumit is her husband and needs to act like her husband. If she remembers correctly, in the not too distant past, he was his first wife's husband as well and he did not act very much like a husband to her and Jenny had no issue with that. In fact he was living with Jenny when he was married to the first wife and her only problem with that was the fact that his in-laws came and took him away.

No fool like an old fool.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

No one saw the invasion by the in-laws though, so I'm wondering if it happened.   Actually, I believe nothing Sumit the catfish scammer says, after all he lied to Jenny and his parents a lot of times, lied to the first wife, and his former in-laws, to quote Judge Milian of The People's Court, " I wouldn't believe Sumit if his tongue was notarized".   

Did Mama Sumit have some over the top acting lessons for this episode? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2022 at 11:50 PM, Frozendiva said:

Another hour of 'goodness', followed by a Single Life first look (which I am recording).

The annoying cackle is back. Ange is trying to take a yoga class but is not particularly good at it. We then see her complain about Mykull and she's talking to some new guy named Billy, who is from Canada. He has an interesting past and she is excited about visiting Canada to meet him. More braying, more bad habits, more of.... the same.

We get more of Sumit and Jenny. She apologizes for yelling at him. Um, he has had two years to get his parents' permission. I doubt that Mama Sumit will be all Norma Desmond and be dramatic and actually *do* anything except manipulate her son. Jennikins, at 63 years old, you should be well aware that manchild Sumit will not let go of his mother. Some may be cultural and some is that he needs to develop a spine. You could be a gorgeous 25 year old woman and Mama Sumit still may not like you. She will tolerate 25 year old you because you are malleable and she can teach you to cook and clean to meet her standards. Accept that Mama Sumit is not going to like you - ever. Decide if you want to be with the manchild. I suppose some is sunk fallacy in that she spent so much time on him so nothing will stop.

Kimbaaaaly is packing and getting ready for her 25 hour flight to Nigeria. Jamal is not happy for her. Guess he has been around with the broom and dustpan ready to help her sweep up the relationship failures. Don't think he sees this one working out.

Jovi and Yara meet up with Mrs. Gwen.  Don't know if it is a cultural thing, a family thing, a sense of entitlement. Anyhoo, Mrs. Gwen did not appreciate being treated as a semi full time nanny for Mylah. Yara goes on about things being different in Ukraine and that the grandma helped out a lot with the baby and pretty much was a semi fulltime unpaid nanny. Yara makes some comment about people are different. Uh, Yara and Jovi, did you actually talk with Mrs. Gwen about her helping out or the extent of helping out that Yara 'expected'? Mrs. Gwen does have her own life, she is a three hours' drive away, and she certainly is not at Yara's beck and call. Yara is responsible for her own baby. If she has an online business, she has plenty of time to do her job and also look after Mylah. Not sure she actually wants to and maybe wants to spend her days going out and shopping. It is up to Yara and Jovi to find a part-time nanny and pay the nanny and not to expect free childcare from Grandma 24/7. Anyway, they seem to patch up this most likely fake drama.

We go back to Kimbaaaaly arriving in Nigeria. Useman has spent some time at the hotel cleaning up. He plans to introduce her to his family plus bring up the second wife. If no one is at the airport, he may think about kissing her. Guess his yammy needs yammying so that is his plan. He brings her two stuffies. Uh, not many women in their 50s want stuffies. I still remember my supervisor giving me a collectible teddy bear and to this day, it is on the couch and I am planning to find someone to give it to. He does kiss her and she thinks this bodes well.

To close out the hour, we then get you guessed it, Ed and Liz. She wants to hear about his meeting his friend Rich. It didn't go too well. Don't know if they truly deserve each other or it's a case of hello codependency. The next day, she brings Ed to some restaurant to meet her friend Barry. I don't think Barry liked Ed.

I let my daughter and husband go to dinner and watched their two little boys.  After two hours, I was sweating and counting the minutes until they came home.  Playing and watching them is two different things.  I couldn’t wait to go home.  Now, I remember MY mother saying she would only watch my kids for a funeral or wedding .. not for pure enjoyment.  She was right.  I watched the first four a lot, but the last two were too much.  Yara seems to think grandparents have no life, but to watch their kids, like it’s an honor.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I feel for Jamal - he's so over Mommy Kimmy's antics and her love for Usman. Speaking of Usman anyone notice his car? I wonder if that's the one that he scammed some woman out of. I remember some posts floating around last year. Plus his music is all auto tune. It basically sucks. Kim says she doesn't buy his affections? Ohhh sweet summer child, your whole relationship is transactional.  Anyone else notice when Usman took his top off he has a bit of the "beer gut"?!?
Jenny and Somemeat - meh. Not as fun without Mama and Papa Summit yelling and insulting them.  I would still love to know what the heck happened with the first wife and why Summit couldn't make a go of it since it would have kept Mom and Dad happy if he tried. I can't believe the love of Jenny was that strong.
Angela's face looks horrible. I've said all I've said about Angela's new ex-stripper man friend.  Nice to see Lou again.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Very recently they weren’t letting in unvaccinated American baseball players.

Boy the wrinkles on Angela’s lower face at the yoga studio were extreme.   It must be the chain smoking.  She looked 80.

I’m sure if Angela can’t go to Canada the geriatric stripper can come to Georgia.

Now, she looks topsided.  She needs boob reduction.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It's one thing to auto-tune your singing. Auto-tuning your RAPPING??? I have no (non-autotuned) words.

Notice how it's just not us who are endlessly annoyed by Angela? Her Yoga teacher looked she wanted to strangle The Cackling One. And I think her painter either needs eyeglasses or a better screen. He could do SO much better than Angela, and she needs to lay off the Botox.

Jovi's mom is right. She deserves to live her own life. Can anyone reading this confirm or deny Yara's assertion that all Ukrainian grandmothers are unpaid 24/7 nannies?

ETA: I don't think that was Usman's actual parking space. Notice how, as he was driving off, two guys came out of the left door and started angrily gesturing at his car?

ETA Part II: I loved Angela trying to use the lawyer as an ad-hoc therapist, and the lawyer saying "Nope. Not going there."

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It's one thing to auto-tune your singing. Auto-tuning your RAPPING??? I have no (non-autotuned) words.

Notice how it's just not us who are endlessly annoyed by Angela? Her Yoga teacher looked she wanted to strangle The Cackling One. And I think her painter either needs eyeglasses or a better screen. He could do SO much better than Angela, and she needs to lay off the Botox.

Jovi's mom is right. She deserves to live her own life. Can anyone reading this confirm or deny Yara's assertion that all Ukrainian grandmothers are unpaid 24/7 nannies?

One kid and she needs help?  Give me a break.  What’s she complaining about?  She now goes out with the friends and he watches the baby.  I think they are influencing her.  She goy a new car, had her top lip puffed up, now wants new boobs.  WTF?  Jovie feels guilty as he’s gone on the job a long time.  But, he makes lots of money.  He bought her a new car, so she can go places now.  What’s her problem?

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

I would still love to know what the heck happened with the first wife and why Summit couldn't make a go of it since it would have kept Mom and Dad happy if he tried.

Maybe the expectation with the first wife was that Sumit hold down a job and support them. He doesn't seem to like work very much. To date myself, he's like the Maynard G. Krebs of India.

Not as fun without Mama and Papa Summit yelling and insulting them. 

Also not as much fun now that J&S are married and he doesn't have to constantly come up with new lies as to why he couldn't do that. I was deeply inspired to guess what his next like was going to be. Those were the days.

• Love 5

It saddened me to see Miss Gwen ignore Myla.  Whatever Jovi said to her appears to have cut her to the core.  Yara is very entitled.  Unlike in the Ukraine, most grandmothers in America only see their grandkids on occasions.  So, she can miss me with the “grandmas are supposed to help raise their grandkids” bs.  I’ve already raised my three kids and I will be damned if I am going to raise someone else’s.

It also saddened me to see Shaeeda grovel to Bilal, when Shahida was the one who went off the rail.  "You are not being a good Muslim woman." I thank G-d that I am an Episcopalian, because no one has ever accused me of not being a good one.  

Jenny and Summit appear to be living in luxury.  Which begs the question, how can they afford two apartments and expensive clothes, when neither one of them is gainfully employed?

• Love 7

My heritage is Ukrainian but I have no idea what goes on in Ukraine.

None of my Ukrainian relatives were basically raising their grandchildren. They spent some time with them in terms of visiting but that is about it. Maybe if they were still in their 40s and 50s and could reasonably help out a bit in terms of after school care and such. But otherwise, nope. There are exceptions. One of my cousins and his wife are looking after their grandchild because the mom has drug addiction issues. That is the exception. 

Yara just comes across as a bit entitled. Mrs. Gwen can choose if she wishes to help out and how much she wants to help out. Yara should not expect her to be part of Mylah's day to day life and schedule. She and Jovi can interview prospective part time nannies if Yara needs a break for X hours per week. Or a dayhome or whatever. But it seems that Yara gets her own way and Mrs. Gwen can and should put her foot down.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Poor Jamal, he could barely conceal his embarrassment as his mother was sitting next to him and braying along to that “make your body vibrate” song.

But Kim and Usman are carrying this season for me! I absolutely lost it when Usman was trying to decide whether or not he would kiss Kim at the airport, and then eventually said “it depends how many people are around”. Maybe he and Jamal can bond over how embarrassing it is to be seen with Kimbaaaally.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My heritage is Ukrainian but I have no idea what goes on in Ukraine.

None of my Ukrainian relatives were basically raising their grandchildren. They spent some time with them in terms of visiting but that is about it. Maybe if they were still in their 40s and 50s and could reasonably help out a bit in terms of after school care and such. But otherwise, nope. There are exceptions. One of my cousins and his wife are looking after their grandchild because the mom has drug addiction issues. That is the exception. 

Yara just comes across as a bit entitled. Mrs. Gwen can choose if she wishes to help out and how much she wants to help out. Yara should not expect her to be part of Mylah's day to day life and schedule. She and Jovi can interview prospective part time nannies if Yara needs a break for X hours per week. Or a dayhome or whatever. But it seems that Yara gets her own way and Mrs. Gwen can and should put her foot down.

Yara is full of crap.  My Mother was from Ukraine.  Ukrainian women work and don’t have time to be nannies for their kids.  Only for an emergency .. not a good time.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Angie's behavior at the yoga class! Oh my fucking god. "Ah cain't hardly dew these crazy thangs, haw haw haw!" And after WLS, she should not be drinking soda. The only thing that gives me solace is that I hope her Canadian flame will soak her for every penny she has and ghost her. 

Jenny? Beyond pathetic. What does she do all day? Why, after all this time, does she need Sumit to be at home with her all day? They have a nice place--her Social Security goes a lot further in India than it would in Palm Springs. 

I'll just throw in a "Fuck you, Bilal" here. You all know why. His treatment of Shaeeda is despicable. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

One kid and she needs help?  Give me a break.  What’s she complaining about?  She now goes out with the friends and he watches the baby.  I think they are influencing her.  She goy a new car, had her top lip puffed up, now wants new boobs.  WTF?  Jovie feels guilty as he’s gone on the job a long time.  But, he makes lots of money.  He bought her a new car, so she can go places now.  What’s her problem?

I get it. She only recently made friends but it seems that she doesn't have many. When Jovi is gone, she doesn't get any break at all from the baby. None. That's a lot. I mean - does she shower when the kid naps? Or after she goes to bed for the night? Because now that Myla is mobile, I would think that you need eyes on her whenever she is awake and moving around. Money is nice and I'm not implying Jovi should quit his job, but I can see that Yara is exhausted and dying to get out of the house on her own when he gets home.

She needs boob reduction.

She had one! She needs more.

13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I get it. She only recently made friends but it seems that she doesn't have many. When Jovi is gone, she doesn't get any break at all from the baby. None. That's a lot. I mean - does she shower when the kid naps? Or after she goes to bed for the night? Because now that Myla is mobile, I would think that you need eyes on her whenever she is awake and moving around. Money is nice and I'm not implying Jovi should quit his job, but I can see that Yara is exhausted and dying to get out of the house on her own when he gets home.

She needs boob reduction.

She had one! She needs more.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Angie's behavior at the yoga class! Oh my fucking god. "Ah cain't hardly dew these crazy thangs, haw haw haw!" And after WLS, she should not be drinking soda. The only thing that gives me solace is that I hope her Canadian flame will soak her for every penny she has and ghost her. 

And she's STILL smoking them Marlboros! On the episode thread, a knowledgeable Canadian said Angie wouldn't be allowed to enter Canada due to her DUI conviction unless she jumps through several administrative hoops, so I don't think this meeting with Billy is actually going to take place. However, she has been seen in previews over in Nigeria confronting Michael, so maybe she took that trip instead. 

I noticed she's no longer wearing the Michael necklace and appears to have gotten a "Mother" tattoo on her wrist since we last saw her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

She only recently made friends but it seems that she doesn't have many.

Cymphony (ugh, that NAME!) has twins. Why can't Yara hang out with her and her kids during the day instead of clubbing at night? Or, if those kids are too old to be playmates for Myla, why doesn't she find a Mom's Group? There's no reason for her to be home all day with just Myla's company. I was reading that many Covid Babies are behind in their socialization but small groups meeting outdoors should be do-able. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Judging from the size of the chest, I'm guessing after the reduction she had a lift and implants.   

I'm pretty sure the surgeon said that was the plan. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I get Yara’s sense of isolation. She is not the only one. Military wives have a similar issue. So do other moms.

Did she ever hang around with any of Jovi’s friends or their girlfriends or wives? Make any attempt to get to meet new people and make some friends?

She is heavily in to social media. Did she check out Facebook to meet folks with similar interests - i.e. Ukrainians in Louisiana, young or new moms, whatever she likes in terms of hobbies? We’re there any mommy and baby exercise classes or yoga classes she could take? Take Mylah for walks in the nearby parks? Surely there are folks in the neighborhood with small kids. Does she interact with them? I don’t get the sense that she is warm, friendly or approachable.

Yara cannot rely on Ms Gwen to drop everything and run to her when she needs someone and babysit. Gwen may be a nice lady but folks do tire of unconditional giving. Maybe drop by once a week to see how she is doing and spend time with her or spend time with Mylah for a couple of hours. Even help her find a part time nanny or regular babysitter. Not all grandmas want to spend their days with the grandkids. But then again, all of this could have been avoided if Yara mentioned what her expectations and hopes were and she and Jovi could figure something out. Their baby. Gwen is not responsible and has every right to say no.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I get Yara’s sense of isolation. She is not the only one. Military wives have a similar issue. So do other moms.

Did she ever hang around with any of Jovi’s friends or their girlfriends or wives? Make any attempt to get to meet new people and make some friends?

She is heavily in to social media. Did she check out Facebook to meet folks with similar interests - i.e. Ukrainians in Louisiana, young or new moms, whatever she likes in terms of hobbies? We’re there any mommy and baby exercise classes or yoga classes she could take? Take Mylah for walks in the nearby parks? Surely there are folks in the neighborhood with small kids. Does she interact with them? I don’t get the sense that she is warm, friendly or approachable.

Yara cannot rely on Ms Gwen to drop everything and run to her when she needs someone and babysit. Gwen may be a nice lady but folks do tire of unconditional giving. Maybe drop by once a week to see how she is doing and spend time with her or spend time with Mylah for a couple of hours. Even help her find a part time nanny or regular babysitter. Not all grandmas want to spend their days with the grandkids. But then again, all of this could have been avoided if Yara mentioned what her expectations and hopes were and she and Jovi could figure something out. Their baby. Gwen is not responsible and has every right to say no.

But all of that would require more than 10 seconds of thought & there is no way she has that ability from what we've seen. I mean it's so much easier to live where you want & have everyone come to you no matter how far it is whenever you call, as they should when you're as precious as she is.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
On 9/10/2022 at 12:46 PM, magemaud said:

Are we sure she hasn't been vaccinated? She does seem the type not to be, but she has been traveling all during COVID and it was a requirement for the airlines. 

I've never been asked for proof of vaccination in order to fly.

19 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I let my daughter and husband go to dinner and watched their two little boys.  After two hours, I was sweating and counting the minutes until they came home.  Playing and watching them is two different things.  I couldn’t wait to go home.

Many of us have done it as parents; as grandparents it's very different. I adore my (3) granddaughters, all under the age of 4. At this age, it's a matter of keeping them alive and making sure they aren't doing something that will result in injury, a meltdown or a huge mess. Last time I had all 3 I'd get caught up in chasing after 1 or 2 only to remember I had to check on the baby. It is very different!

Some observations from this episode:

Ed is a "fer-tographer," he did "fer-tography" for 15 years. But he can't pronounce the word. He also goes "potty" and rewards his dog for peeing in the house. He is so unlikable, and therefore I find his relationship with Liz to be fake and purely for TV bucks. It's amazing how people will humiliate themselves for the TLC paycheck. 

Kimbaallee, you are not in junior high so you need to stop with the ripped jeans, fangirl t-shirts, matching bracelets, nicknames for genitalia and little drink-throwing rages (another one forthcoming!). To top it off, you are one of those obnoxious women who love to carry on about how FIERCELY INDEPENDENT you are; how no man is going to tell YOU what to do, and jut out your chin in defiance when your Nigerian "boyfriend" talks about a future wife #2, which you agreed to in order to hang on to your fantasy about being a fan-turned-wife of a supposed "rap star." And another thing. We really don't need you to refer to him EVERY TIME you say his name, as "Usman, AKA Soja Boy."  So, so cringeworthy.

I understand where Yara's coming from regarding grandparents; however, she likely came from a family where Granny lived next door and extended families were all near one another. That's a far cry from living hours away from Gwen (and that was Yara's choice, as you recall- she picked that apartment precisely because she wanted to be far from the city and Jovi's insatiable appetite for nightclubs, strip joints and unlimited alcohol). Suburbs are not cities; she can't expect to have a flourishing social life if she is isolated and she can't expect Grandma to avail herself when she is hours away. I live 5 minutes from 3 of my grandchildren and still am not expected to be there for them at any waking minute. If I were in Gwen's shoes I would likely plan a visit for several days during Jovi's travel weeks. And, as others have said, Yara can certainly reach out to other moms in her apartment complex, join a mommy and me class, etc. I think a lot of this was just TV drama.

Angela is just gross and riding this train as long as she can. And she should know that lawyers charge a lot of money for consultations and think carefully about asking for (non-legal) "advice" about missing phone sex or worrying that Michael isn't asking to look at her boobs via FaceTime. For F's sake. 

Jenny really, really could use a neck lift. I hate to sound catty, but they film her from the most unflattering angles. I laughed out loud at the preview during which Sumit says "Jenny wants to live the retirement life but I am still young and productive." Productive how? And please, Jenny- "we can't only see each other one day a week!!!" She seriously acts like she's 12. My husband has traveled weekly for pretty much the entirety of our marriage and I just don't understand why she (and Yara, too, come to think of it) thinks it's a necessity to have a spouse in her presence every single day. People work. People travel for work. Honestly, it's like they are so insecure that they can't bear being alone, ever. When my kids were small and he was away during the week, we had breakfast for dinner, I took them on play dates, and I enjoyed having the TV remote to myself in the evenings. It's all about perspective.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The only thing that gives me solace is that I hope her Canadian flame will soak her for every penny she has and ghost her. 

My hope as well. She certainly has a lot of confidence to ask this decent looking guy if they could meet in person. What exactly could he say? Angie has no idea how horrible she comes off. Her loud mouth, demeanor, her constant cackling. And this is her good behavior.

I only saw the one hour preview, so I will only comment on that. I feel a little bad for her. Next week will be another story and my hatred and disgust will come rushing back when her histrionics come into full play (if it wasn't shown yesterday). She had her teeth worked on to try and improve her appearance, then lost all that weight. All very commendable. But then. Losing that weight made her face look twenty years older. You do all that work and then it doesn't pay off; in fact in makes you look terrible! Smoking doesn't help either.

Let me add I think she's dying from loneliness, that's why she's reaching out to this guy in Canada. Michael really isn't interested in this miserable woman who is old enough - and now looks old enough to be his grandma. It'll be interesting to see what shenanigans she tries to pull with Canada man in future episodes. He's so, so out of her league. Yet she probably thinks they are equals in looks, class, age and demeanor.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Cymphony (ugh, that NAME!) has twins. Why can't Yara hang out with her and her kids during the day instead of clubbing at night? Or, if those kids are too old to be playmates for Myla, why doesn't she find a Mom's Group?

She does absolutely nothing to try and look at a solution other than getting Grandma to come over. Apparently Yara doesn't want the type of friends (or maybe its the activities) who go to parks, play groups, etc. She seems to just want to go to clubs to try and get attention from other men. Grandma Gwen has every right not to devote the rest of her life to babysitting. Who wants that? I still don't get the problem with finding a babysitter.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Breedom said:

My hope as well. She certainly has a lot of confidence to ask this decent looking guy if they could meet in person. What exactly could he say? Angie has no idea how horrible she comes off. Her loud mouth, demeanor, her constant cackling. And this is her good behavior.

I only saw the one hour preview, so I will only comment on that. I feel a little bad for her. Next week will be another story and my hatred and disgust will come rushing back when her histrionics come into full play (if it wasn't shown yesterday). She had her teeth worked on to try and improve her appearance, then lost all that weight. All very commendable. But then. Losing that weight made her face look twenty years older. You do all that work and then it doesn't pay off; in fact in makes you look terrible! Smoking doesn't help either.

Let me add I think she's dying from loneliness, that's why she's reaching out to this guy in Canada. Michael really isn't interested in this miserable woman who is old enough - and now looks old enough to be his grandma. It'll be interesting to see what shenanigans she tries to pull with Canada man in future episodes. He's so, so out of her league. Yet she probably thinks they are equals in looks, class, age and demeanor.

She does absolutely nothing to try and look at a solution other than getting Grandma to come over. Apparently Yara doesn't want the type of friends (or maybe its the activities) who go to parks, play groups, etc. She seems to just want to go to clubs to try and get attention from other men. Grandma Gwen has every right not to devote the rest of her life to babysitting. Who wants that? I still don't get the problem with finding a babysitter.

It doesn’t help when Yara’s friends puff her up by saying she could get any man.  Um no.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I've never been asked for proof of vaccination in order to fly.

I was asked for proof and a negative test to fly out to the States in May. To come back into Canada you have to fill out the ArriveCan app and there are vaccinations questions. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

It doesn’t help when Yara’s friends puff her up by saying she could get any man.  Um no.

That's so stupid. How? Like she's an ultra hot commodity, she snaps her fingers and they come running. Give men some credit. I think that was what we used to say way back when I was in high school.

• Love 4