Type keyword(s) to search

Real Girlfriends In Paris - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That dress with the curved cut-out that resulted in a FLAP of fabric? Horrid.

Jenny is going to deplete all of her savings (from working as a stylist), and this endeavor is going to tank. She sacrificed a lot. Plus, she probably didn’t freeze her eggs. A late marriage is practically the kiss of death, if you really really really want to be a mom. 😔 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz

I love Anya for explaining that you don’t show that barely “upscale” brand at the Meurice. The venue upstaged the collection. She knows her s- - -.

Jenny and Victoria completely impressed me with how calm they were.

Yoanne showing up with the guests. I wonder what his salary is. 

• Love 1

I hope Adja is not actually self-conscious about her size. She’s beautiful, sexy and clothing hangs really well on her.

But Anya was correct: no one wants to wear diaphanous, white, short, I-mean,-really-short, shorts. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow. I’m surprised how many 20- and 30-somethings hope for Disney princess weddings.

Is it just me? I have always been too sensible and practical. I wanted to opt out of the wedding reception, but the groom insisted. And then I bought my ivory dress on sale from J. Crew for $90. 

Thoroughly-researched real estate, in my opinion, is the only justifiable big ticket purchase. 

• Love 3

Oooh! Did you notice the continuity gaffe? 

Margaux approaches her friend/partner’s flat carrying a bright royal blue angular handbag.

The friend/partner opens the door of her unit, and Margaux’s bag is a pale pink oval. 

ETA: Of course, Romy & Michele  (thank you, witty Adja!) have matching oval handbags.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope Adja is not actually self-conscious about her size. She’s beautiful, sexy and clothing hangs really well on her.

I agree. Well. except for the cut of the dress she wore to Victoria's event AND the fact that her tatas need way more support than she's giving them.

Going back to the smack talking. While I agree that what was shown with Victoria overhearing them in Cannes wasn't bad, Adja, Emily & Anya have been throwing shade amongst themselves and in their interviews since the trip. It makes me wonder if more was said in Cannes or if Victoria/Margaux simply felt excluded.

IMHO, they're playing the role of mean girls all of sudden. I'd hate to think that it's producer driven/assisted because the early vibe of the show was much more enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2022 at 2:50 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Margaux interned AND studied fashion in college/university but didn’t know that there are dozens, perhaps in the three digits, of different fabrics that are silk?!?

Margoaux’ dream is designing slip dresses, yet she knows nothing about fabrics, designs, sourcing?   She just had a vision, I guess.  The final products were fairly unimpressive and the fabric was wrinkled.  

I like Anya and Victoria.  

I don’t even remember the others’ names.   

if it weren’t for the Paris cinematography, I would have stopped watching after two episodes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, snarts said:

IMHO, they're playing the role of mean girls all of sudden. I'd hate to think that it's producer driven/assisted because the early vibe of the show was much more enjoyable to watch.

I really hope the mean girl acts are producer driven because the one thing I like about this show is that they do seem to be friends and are supportive of each other. Which is why if there is a second season I hope they don’t bring back Yoanne and his bitchiness. He didn’t even know Margaux and tried to start shit with her. 
I have stopped watching other reality shows with women, looking at certain Real Housewives shows, because of the fighting and meanness, I’d hate for this show to go down that path. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The Catherine O’Hara character in Beetlejuice would have bought everything that night.

So too would Moira Rose ( her character in Schitt's Creek!) She would have LOVED that lobster fascinator, lol!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

"You don't need a stylist.  Today."  Bahahahaha!

shade-tamar.gif

If I didn't massively dislike Yoanne, we would be friends. Lol!

12 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

WTF with the lobster fascinator?  I can't with this girl.

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Which one? I missed it. 

ETA: I see. I think she might have been wearing it ironically?

It was based on one of Salvador Dali's artworks, so very on theme for the event. 

image.thumb.png.f88a75a4e5dd0673324ee6cabc241cab.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

Anya's business model is ridiculous.  She's looking for an upcale venue to sell costume jewelry, lipstick, and titty cakes?  Sign me up.  /s

But  - vegan and gluten free costume jewelry!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Adja - Her boyfriend was totally not into her. That was an immediate NOPE on long distance. And the kiss on the forehead - ugh. Like he was giving her consolation prize or something.

Victoria - Even though the fashions looked terrible, she works really f*ing hard. Girl who works like that will ultimately be successful, it's just a matter of time.

Margaux - I thought her fashions looked better than Victoria's; at least they had color. But that's because she paid someone else to do everything.

Anya - The real life Mrs. Maisel is by far and away the best person on this show.

Emily - She doesn't get enough air time for me to get a feel for her.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Ok, were there more clothes that Victoria designed? The entire fashion show was 6 or 7 outfits. What exactly was she working on around the clock? I did think her mom was very sweet and I love how proud she was of Victoria. 

What is up with Yoanne? Does he actually work for this company? If yes, Jenny needs to fire him immediately. 

Anya's event was interesting. But she only makes money if people buy stuff right? Meaning, she has to invite people with deep pockets who will actually be interested in buying and not just looking around. 

On 10/25/2022 at 3:35 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

But Anya was correct: no one wants to wear diaphanous, white, short, I mean, really short, shorts. 

I agree. I'm not even as big as Adja but she was right, those clothes will only fit people of fork size. I like the team-up of Anya and Adja. They both seem like they would be good friends to have in your corner.

I meant to say this after the Cannes episodes but Kacey was not missed. I'm surprised we haven't seen a Kacey cell phone video "I'm here in CA, just wandering around, I tried making an appointment with the French embassy to get a visa but the online system was too difficult and the phone wait time was 5 minutes and nobody wanted to help, waaaah!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Meaning, she has to invite people with deep pockets who will actually be interested in buying and not just looking around. 

I have a suspicion that besides the vendors she brought in (the wine merchant, the jewelry lady, the makeup seller), that there was costs for some of the food, flowers etc. She mentioned that two people were interested in the Dali melting clock sculpture. Hopefully she will at least break even. Since the place where it was held in was also up for sale, what profit can she expect from that? To the realtor that’s like a bonus open house, but would they be willing to share their commission? Just wondering. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Ok, were there more clothes that Victoria designed? The entire fashion show was 6 or 7 outfits. What exactly was she working on around the clock?

It sounded like there were 10+ outfits, but they were only able to fix the 6-7 that were showcased between the samples getting screwed up and her awful boss continuously asking for changes up until the models started to walk. 

I liked the designs. They certainly weren't high fashion, but they were cute (not sure what the aesthetic of the company is supposed to be) and shows Victoria actually has decent talent. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I appreciate properly installed drapery but did it really take an entire family to travel the world in order to put up four sheer curtains?

And what kind of drapery company flies from the States to Europe without first asking how many* windows there are? No one asked for photos of the windows? No one asked if the window frame or sill was wood? Maybe Kacey is one of the owners.

They don’t move the racks of clothing away from the drilling?

* Okay, I guess Emily told her mom, but still. Frank asked Emily in her apartment, “How many windows are there?”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, wallies said:

Adja - Her boyfriend was totally not into her. That was an immediate NOPE on long distance. And the kiss on the forehead - ugh. Like he was giving her consolation prize or something.

I agree. I half-expect us to learn that he was shtupping someone else in Adja’s home while she was in Cannes, and that’s the only reason he tidied her apartment (well, the bedroom and maybe the kitchen, anyway; he had to launder the sheets, so, heck, why not actually make the bed properly?).

Every time he appears on camera, he does/says the bare minimum, in order to maintain the sex supply. And to make sure she keeps cooking for him. 

He says, “I love you,” which is playing dirty, in my opinion.

I wonder what he said to his mother. Did he lie to her, too? Or is she willing to send that postcard, to pimp for her son?

Are we going to learn that he’s like Ron Carlisle/Tootsie? 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, weaver said:

if it weren’t for the Paris cinematography, I would have stopped watching after two episodes.

It's all about the cinematography. It's certainly not about the women. 

Does Emily not know anybody in Paris that can hang curtains? 

The only thing more irritating than Victoria's voice is Victoria's upset, yelling voice. 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sure, Victoria is a bit self-centered but Emily sure seemed to be jonesing for mean girls take down pf her.  The way she sat there smirking was little off-putting. Anya & Adja appear to be good hearted people who wanted resolution on the riff but the jury's still out on Emily. Plus, I'm sick to death of hearing about her family business.  If it's so great, stay in Texas and work there. 

I was a little sad for Margaux. I thought the dresses were pretty and she just wanted her father to be proud of her.

Maybe it was Paris but I enjoyed this season for the most part.  Will there be a reunion?

• Like 3
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, snarts said:

I enjoyed this season for the most part. 

Same here. I’d rather it not devolve into screaming matches like the Housewive’s shows. Just simply follow the girls as they explore the food, scenery and fashion of Paris. I do not need controversy for entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, MaggieG said:

Ok, were there more clothes that Victoria designed? The entire fashion show was 6 or 7 outfits. What exactly was she working on around the clock? I did think her mom was very sweet and I love how proud she was of Victoria. 

What is up with Yoanne? Does he actually work for this company? If yes, Jenny needs to fire him immediately. 

Anya's event was interesting. But she only makes money if people buy stuff right? Meaning, she has to invite people with deep pockets who will actually be interested in buying and not just looking around. 

I agree. I'm not even as big as Adja but she was right, those clothes will only fit people of fork size. I like the team-up of Anya and Adja. They both seem like they would be good friends to have in your corner.

I meant to say this after the Cannes episodes but Kacey was not missed. I'm surprised we haven't seen a Kacey cell phone video "I'm here in CA, just wandering around, I tried making an appointment with the French embassy to get a visa but the online system was too difficult and the phone wait time was 5 minutes and nobody wanted to help, waaaah!"

She was SOOOOO not missed nor even mentioned after she left for the States. I hope she doesn't return if there's a second season, which I hope there will be. Don't love the show, but it's still kind of fun and, of course, Paris!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I really liked the show, even if I didn't like every single moment. I hope we get another season, and I actually hope Kacey is there. I thought that she represented a lot of twenty-somethings that I've known--sweet, a little flaky, making plenty of dumb mistakes as she figures things out. Not everyone is a type-A like Anya, Adja, and Victoria (all of whom I also love!) In fact, Margaux is a bit like Kacey--nice girl, but really unfocused. She just has the benefit of not having to worry about money yet. I can understand where her father was coming from: I'm sure he was happy for her effort, but I suspect he's seen a lot of her big ideas flash and fizzle. 

As for Emily and her mother's business, I can't help but wonder why anyone in Paris would need to use a fabrication workroom all the way in New York? I mean, it's Paris-- I can't imagine there aren't plenty of top-flight fabrication shops there! Maybe they're aiming to be the go-to for Paris- companies doing work in the US. Emily didn't make it clear, and I was head-scratching wondering why her mother and two brothers needed to fly all the way to Paris to hang sheer drapes?!

I'll be interested to see how Victoria's path with the Chloe Colette is progressing. But that one has got to tone down the histrionics. I thought she was going to start tossing drinks at Emily.

And Mama Anya to watch over them all. Would love to see her get married!

And most of all, more Paris!

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The only thing more irritating than Victoria's voice is Victoria's upset, yelling voice. 

Vocal fry, like, vocal fry, like, giggle, giggle, giggle.

The poor dogs nearby with their extra sensitive ears…😢

In my opinion, Victoria’s response delighted Emily. This was one of the only times, if not the first time, she was able to mean-girl someone so pretty.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And what kind of drapery company flies from the States to Europe without first asking how many* windows there are? No one asked for photos of the windows? No one asked if the window frame or sill was wood? Maybe Kacey is one of the owners.

It doesn't make them look very professional.

Also, I have those curtains and I got them from Amazon.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, TVForever said:

As for Emily and her mother's business, I can't help but wonder why anyone in Paris would need to use a fabrication workroom all the way in New York? I mean, it's Paris-- I can't imagine there aren't plenty of top-flight fabrication shops there! Maybe they're aiming to be the go-to for Paris- companies doing work in the US. Emily didn't make it clear, and I was head-scratching wondering why her mother and two brothers needed to fly all the way to Paris to hang sheer drapes?!

The only reason I can think of is that Emily offered her mom's business to hang the drapes and Sonja Rykiel agreed since she was an intern. Maybe Emily's mom agreed to do it for free? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1