Type keyword(s) to search

Real Girlfriends In Paris - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bonjour, mes amis! This show is fun so far. I’ll keep watching (which is more than I can say for Dubai and some of the other shows on Bravo).

Edited by rlc
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Wow, not a lot of activity here. Was hoping for more. Don’t know what to think about this show. They all seem a bit extra. Sure is a love letter to Paris though. None of the trash and filth evident. T

To be fair, there wasn't a thread available right after the premiere! Maybe there'll be more activity after the next episode. 

I liked the first episode and then was a little bored by the second, but I'll be tuning in next week anyway. I think Anya will provide endless snark potential and the others seem like they'll be fun. I could see it being a French version of Gallery Girls. If nothing else, it's nice to see the scenery and hear people talk in French. I enjoyed that subtitled scene of Adja and her aunt. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am enjoying this show.  Will continue to do so until they begin screaming at each other like cats on a hot tin roof.  They are a good representation of women taking a great chance in a foreign country and more or less making it work.

• Love 4

Wayment. Did this nasty heffer just put her dog in the shopping basket at the grocery store!? Oh, no ma'am. The whole time they were shopping, I kept thinking of excuses for why I could not possibly eat whatever she was cooking. The Friendsgiving food did look nice, though I noticed no one really ate.

So far, it seems kind of manufactured. But, I guess all Bravo shows are. Lots of good eye candy with the scenery, hair & makeup & fashion--- Anya's shoe collection was giving me Carrie Bradshaw in the Vogue closet.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I love Paris and I love silly women so I like this show, haha. Anya and her fiancee seem like real "characters." I like them how weird and mannered and somehow genuine they seem.

The younger girls seem so YOUNG and it's funny to me how they think they're saying profound things like "In Paris, no one knows me from college so I can be myself" Yes, this is a normal feeling after you move to a new city post-college! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, rlc said:

I love Anya and I loathe Anya at the same time (which makes me love Anya even more).

Adja definitely describes herself as a Samantha.

She's trying to be so classy drinking her martini at Harry's Bar. She's just a little off in everything she does. The dog is probably named after the glamorous Zsa Zsa Gabor...who is Hungarian not French. Also, she held up her martini and said "Here's *to* looking at you..." It's supposed to be "Here's looking at you"...tm Casablanca. This girl's trying too hard. I love watching it in a Gallery Girls sort of way also! I can't knock her side hustle though, she was smart.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Watching episode 3, and this Jenny character has her shirt unbuttoned down to her belly button for a business meeting with her side boob showing it is hilarious. Yoanne could not have given less of a shit about that meeting.

• LOL 4

Kacey's work situation and visa issues are an interesting topic. Will they ignore the fact that appearing on this show likely gives her the required full time position needed for an extended visa?

I liked Anya a bit more this episode when shared her fiances' struggles with changing careers and how their present positions do not support the lifestyle they aspire to. 

Still annoyed by Adja's constant "look at me" personality. Unfortunate because her corporate remote work/life situation is the one I find most interesting.

Sometimes I find Victoria absolutely stunning and other times she looks so harsh with way too much makeup. I appreciated that she was supportive of Emily and gave her some solid advice when she could've just been bitter.  I still don't get Margaux but she was spot on about Yoanne.

Curious if any of them actually knew one another before filming started.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m very old-fashioned: I was happy to see that many of them are in search of a true connection with any potential boyfriends/girlfriends. I had read not too long ago that girls/women thought Friends with Benefits and casual oral sex were satisfying enough. 

It is refreshing to see this.  I have been reading so many articles recently written by women who were young/in college in the early 90's (the height of "sex-positive feminism") who slept around without having relationships and now regret it and wish they had treated themselves with more respect.  I know this is a nuanced subject and I don't want to get off topic, but I think it is a good thing that young women today are valuing themselves and not just sleeping around. 

*I can say this because I was sleeping around without relationships

3 hours ago, snarts said:

Curious if any of them actually knew one another before filming started.

Yoanne is a prickly little pear. he is being sneaky but maybe he is just trying to get screen time.

I am still trying to figure out who everyone is, there are too many people on the cast.  Victoria and Margaux look alike to me.. also Margaux and Emily look alike... I do not like Adja, I do not like Victoria.  Kasey I think I like.  I DO like Anya - she is trying too hard but something about her endears herself to me.

Why are we watching  Margaux and her struggle to find her passion?  Who cares?  The rest of them seem to have interests/drive.

I get the vibe that they did not know each other before filming.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It is refreshing to see this.  I have been reading so many articles recently written by women who were young/in college in the early 90's (the height of "sex-positive feminism") who slept around without having relationships and now regret it and wish they had treated themselves with more respect.  I know this is a nuanced subject and I don't want to get off topic, but I think it is a good thing that young women today are valuing themselves and not just sleeping around. 

Thank you for posting this. I think that there are certainly a few exceptions:  some girls/women can have sex, and it means nothing other than, “That was a pleasurable experience.”
But I was worrying about girls/women who felt pressure to treat it casually, simply because that’s what a “cool” girl/woman does, or that’s what guys prefer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

FINALLY … a thread on this show.  Took a while!  My first impression was “Valley Girls in Paris”!  I see that someone else noticed that too!  I like the fashion and the scenery and I’m hoping against hope that this doesn’t go the way of the Bravo housewives shows which have turned into boring repetitive regurgitations of petty arguments.  UGH!  I had continued to watch only the Beverly Hills and NYC housewives just for the fashion, but now all they wear are obnoxious designer logo prints on EVERYTHING and there’s nothing original about THAT!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yoanne is a prickly little pear. he is being sneaky but maybe he is just trying to get screen time.

I am still trying to figure out who everyone is, there are too many people on the cast.  Victoria and Margaux look alike to me.. also Margaux and Emily look alike... I do not like Adja, I do not like Victoria.  Kasey I think I like.  I DO like Anya - she is trying too hard but something about her endears herself to me.

Why are we watching  Margaux and her struggle to find her passion?  Who cares?  The rest of them seem to have interests/drive.

I get the vibe that they did not know each other before filming.

I definitely think he's trying to integrate himself into the show if he's being a stylist for Kacey and reaching out to Margaux to style her. 

I felt for Anya during that conversation with Kacey because it seemed like she was trying to give her some good advice but Kacey was just giggling and being spacy. 

Now I want baguettes and cheese.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, these guys all seem to seesaw between whatevs and annoying, which is a big improvement on my hate-watch of so many other Real shows… I can definitely stick with this one to hear the French and see Paris and burn with jealousy once a week! At least until the seesaw comes down more on the annoying side…

I’ll fully admit *I* am crazy jealous of the more financially blessed of these guys - darn it, why didn’t I have a Paris apartment bought for me or a fashion internship fall in my lap? Also, for F’s sake, Emily, put your freaking mask over your nose in a work situation… sigh

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I feel for Anya’s fiancé. She wanted the Ritz for Christmas and he meekly said the Hyatt as her pressure to have the best, wear the best, and be seen at the best is strong. At least she’s trying to afford it herself. I’ve spent too much time trying to figure out why her €500 tour of the Louvre could be worth it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The one with the visa issue- Kacey?- her frantic energy is annoying to watch & when Anya told her she made her nervous, I totally get why (and good for Anya for being direct with her). The woman seems very flighty and lost; I certainly wouldn’t hire her to teach my kids (by the way, that private tutoring session in the earlier episode was a joke. I’d be so mad if I was that kid’s parent).

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I freaking love this show. Also, Victoria's a bloody nut job.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, rlc said:

I love Anya and I loathe Anya at the same time (which makes me love Anya even more).

I've stopped questioning my Anya love. I've just accepted it as part of who I am. Also, she baked Andy a dirty martini challah which is so much more than he deserves.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Agreeing with all of you right now.

I came prepared to hate this show, but I love it. Wait, what?

Yes, these girls are a little extra, but they're twenty-something expats in Paris. I'll cut them some slack.

I love all their individual quirks, even (or maybe especially) Hen Mother Anya. She's a hoot!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

They don't always reveal the speed dating results like that, do they?  Felt for Adja & Kacey when they realized they were both being played by the same guy after adding him on instagram.

I'm enjoying this show primarily because every week my opinions on each of them change as they reveal a bit more about themselves. I was completely on Victoria's side with Yoanne until she threw her drink at him and made such a complete scene at the restaurant. Plus, she knocked out her ex? WTF? Tell me more. 

Finally, utterly shook to realize that Victoria is the sister of Dustin Zito (Real World Las Vegas 2)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, politichick said:

I read that two of them knew each other before filming, but can't remember which two.

I think babe and babe, err Victoria and Margeux (who seems like she’s on cough syrup).

What an asshole Victoria is, throwing a drink on a man.  He was so embarrassed.  I don’t even like him but that was horrible.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 9/14/2022 at 10:22 AM, snarts said:

Sometimes I find Victoria absolutely stunning and other times she looks so harsh with way too much makeup

Ugh....Victoria.  I think she has a split personality and the evil one comes out with that particular greased down hairdo she sports with the poorly done winged eyeliner and nasty lip liner.  Her whole face looks different with that look.  She lost me when she made the scene with Yoanne in the restaurant.  This comparison is very stretched and really one doesn't have to do with the other but I really felt for him in that moment.  As a flamboyant gay man, I am certain there have been times in life when Yoanne has been treated poorly.  When she humiliated him like that, I don't know, it just felt really yucky.  And then I couldn't help but think how she needed her "safe space" to be cuddled, hugged and clucked over for being SO BRAVE (and apparently the first person ever) to have maybe a teensy crush on a *gasp* GIRL!! 

I also think Yoanne probably loves that fabulous coat and she threw what looked like the equivalent of a Hawaiian Punch Cosmopolitan all over it!!

I think we've all been around a girl like Adja behaving how she did at the bar with the hand ball players.  Me, me, me behavior.  Emily called it out and I can't stand being around people like that.  No thanks.  Now it's all I can pick up on in her scenes.  Very self focused.  Loved her Aunt though.

Emily has the most beautiful hair and her teeth also constantly look like she just finished a bottle of red wine.  Maybe she has 😆

Anya - I want to be annoyed by how she appears to be such a carefully crafted "character" but she comes across as a lovable old Jewish lady trapped in a young woman's body.  And despite the crafted look, she conversely seems very genuine.

Is Kacey on drugs?  Have major hyperactivity/ADD?  She seems like a good egg but my Lord, the energy and scatterbrained demeanor is a bit much.  I also wouldn't hire her to teach my dog, let alone my child.

For some reason, I like Margeaux's vibe!  She seems funny, laid back and like she'd be a good time to hang out with.  What I cannot stand is the boo-hooing over the stress of doing NOTHING.  Girlfriend, you don't have to be a major entrepreneur.  Go work at the corner cafe or bookstore.  At least do something.  Poor girl, imagine those who actually have work stress, have to pay their own rent, etc.  

• Like 3
  • Love 10

That speed dating was a bit hard to watch, especially all the guys picking Victoria. I felt bad for the other girls. 

I would not be able to spend more than 5 minutes with Kacey, she's way to scatterbrained for me.

Victoria should have stuck to her talking points with Yoann because the issues she had with him are legit. He seems to not take his job seriously at all, shows up whenever he feels like it and acts like he has no idea what's happening at the company. But then she also mentioned that Yoann was talking crap about her on Instagram? And these two are supposedly really good friends? The wine/fries throwing was not ok. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 5

I really like this show but I just cannot stand Kacey.  I find her lazy and expecting others to help her with her visa crap.  She does nothing all day and they show her not trying for her visa except for once.  Send her off.  I don't find her that great to the group.

I do love Anya.  Sure she is different and wants to be this french lady.  I find her endearing and think she wants to help.  I did like that she didn't hide that she wasn't all rich and that her and her boyfriend need to get more money.   Love her.

Adja is my fav.  She knows what she wants and I am shocked she didn't have  more in the speed dating.  I think Victoria got more but the guys were flakes and didn't want to date her.  Look at the one who wanted the other girls LOL

The one who does the social media and getting the girls for photo shoots and is late for meeting.  Bye baby!  How was he even hired?  He was late did nothing and worked to get clients of his own.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3

Kacey gives me Landon (Southern Charm) vibes, with her annoying mannerisms and scatteredness. 

Anya and her fiance come off as a fussy, tepid dom/sub pair. His expression while eating the dog's leftovers was . . . odd. I enjoy them both.

I don't love her putting the dog's filthy city paws on the restaurant table. 

Margaux is being played by a young Joan Hackett. 

The most interesting thing about Emily so far is how she's so plain at certain angles and so pretty at others. 

Adja seems like the most sympathetic character so far.

Victoria is physically appealing, but is too young to fully realize how much she gets away with just from looking the way she does. The fight with her friend was awful. I can only hope they staged it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, MyMaui said:

I do love Anya.  Sure she is different and wants to be this french lady.  I find her endearing and think she wants to help.  I did like that she didn't hide that she wasn't all rich and that her and her boyfriend need to get more money.   Love her.

She admitted they are broke and buy their designer clothes at thrift stores and live beyond their means. It takes guts to admit that on camera which makes me love her, too. 

I don't get why the other girls say Victoria gets all the guys. She's pretty but so are all of  the other girls. I'm tired of all those gold chains she wears with every single outfit. I also get a snobby vibe from her. 

I was distracted by manic Kaceys green eye shadow in that one scene with the girls and in her confessional. French women for the most part are very simple. Nice, tailored clothes, very little makeup and they don't do much with their hair. If you get Netflix I recommend "The Parisian Agency" and you will see what I mean. It's a fantastic series about a french family of father, mother and sons selling real estate in Paris and the countryside. Beautiful scenery and the family is awesome. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The housekeeper threw out the foie gras and caviar?!?!

I genuinely didn’t realize that people still eat foie gras.  Without shame.  So put off by that.

Victoria isn’t some unworldly beauty, why are these guys falling over themselves for her?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I genuinely didn’t realize that people still eat foie gras.  Without shame.  So put off by that.

Oh, to clarify, I agree: I do not support the foie gras industry in any way, shape or form. It’s completely cruel, barbaric and unnecessary. I now only eat poultry and seafood/fish. I would like to be vegan, but I have to cook for my 13-year-old son. I think cooking vegan would be EXTREMELY challenging for me, although I admire my friend who cooks for her vegan son. And I am not a very good cook, to begin with.

But it’s disappointing to learn that after she purchased the foie gras, which must have been expensive (and those poor ducks or geese), he discarded it. He misunderstood her. Ugh, I am also very opposed to waste. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, to clarify, I agree: I do not support the foie gras industry in any way, shape or form. It’s completely cruel, barbaric and unnecessary. I now only eat poultry and seafood/fish. I would like to be vegan, but I have to cook for my 13-year-old son. I think cooking vegan would be EXTREMELY challenging for me, although I admire my friend who cooks for her vegan son. And I am not a very good cook, to begin with.

But it’s disappointing to learn that after she purchased the foie gras, which must have been expensive (and those poor ducks or geese), he discarded it. He misunderstood her. Ugh, I am also very opposed to waste. 

Oh no, yeah I wouldn't expect that anyone with a brain would support foie gras.  Maybe the gals on the show do not know much about it.  Hoping they know now.  

Not to get too off topic but I am doing exactly what you are doing!  Would love to be vegan but oof.  We only do turkey, chicken and fish too, one day hopefully give that up.

I have to say, that thing about people smoking more when people on tv smoke is proving true... I am dying for a cigarette when they go to light up.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1

I don't care for Kacey. She doesn't want people to tell her it's all going to be ok, but then when people (Anya) offer her genuine help, she acts spacey and doesn't seem to take any advice. Then when the girls tell her "Hey, sign up for this class", she starts whining about what school and "can you sign up for me?" I'm glad Adja called her out in a talking head. So far all the girls have been pretty helpful to her with tips on what to do about this visa situation, yet she still doesn't seem to have it sorted. 

While I understand what Victoria did to Yoann was out of line, is the Chloe Colette owner going to address Yoann's work issues? He was showing up late and didn't seem to know what was going on at all. 

Edited by MaggieG
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7