Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Ouroboros

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Johnny and Chozen together is beautiful. I like how their one-upmanship  went from "I did this to Daniel" to "I saw Daniel do this badass thing." I liked how Johnny immediately wanted to jump into the dojo when he saw Devon was a student there. I loved Johnny's confusion and taking offense at being mistaken for Daniel. Seriously, though someone should've shown the senseis a picture of the guy or at least given a description including hair color.

I was not expecting Young Johnny to be in the therapist chair. It looked pretty good, but it sounded choppy. I'm guessing they blended together some old audio.

Daniel getting a reverse intervention to get him back into karate. I'm glad he and Robby talked and were able to heal things a little. That end scene was touching.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 7

Daniel brings things on himself at times but the last scene in the episode was touching with Johnny and Chozen behind him and all the students he helped along the way.

Sometimes all you need is a little help from your friends kind of thing 

• Love 3

Poor Tory, in deep cover behind enemy lines and seeing herself as Devon follows the path that had her and got Kenny. Sensei Kreese still has her heart from saving her from a rape but like Johnny then takes a step backwards when he was okay with La Russo being taken out.

Kids were backing out when Johnny first restarted Cobra Kai, I guess since the 50th tournament karate became a big deal in the valley again. Those kids from Topanga didn't bat an eye when Sensei Kim started caning her champion to force her to go full contact with Devon.

• Love 1

This show is usually pretty cheesy but the part with Daniel and Amanda in Mr. Myagi's bedroom was really well done.

I also thought it worked really well having Young Flashback Kreese take over the prison fight worked well too.

The stuff with Silver is pretty funny though, like your karate empire is so big and important that you are flying in Asian karate masters to take over little strip mall dojos you are buying. And just a side not Topanga karate guy, when you get bought out, if you don't want to get fired make sure you put that in the purchase agreement. Especially when your buyer is a guy who looks so obviously evil.

Also I don't know karate,  but I would think that having one eye would make it really hard to be good at it. Like wouldn't not having any depth perception mean you would be constantly missing your targets?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

This show is usually pretty cheesy but the part with Daniel and Amanda in Mr. Myagi's bedroom was really well done.

I also thought it worked really well having Young Flashback Kreese take over the prison fight worked well too.

The stuff with Silver is pretty funny though, like your karate empire is so big and important that you are flying in Asian karate masters to take over little strip mall dojos you are buying. And just a side not Topanga karate guy, when you get bought out, if you don't want to get fired make sure you put that in the purchase agreement. Especially when your buyer is a guy who looks so obviously evil.

Also I don't know karate,  but I would think that having one eye would make it really hard to be good at it. Like wouldn't not having any depth perception mean you would be constantly missing your targets?

He met Silver at his temple. But then Silver won't be the last villain to use someone's faith community brotherhood against a target.

As for the sensei, "if you can't do, teach."

Edited by Raja

Johnny and Chozen were amazing together, I loved them bonding over all the things they've done to Daniel and all of the crazy stuff they've seen him done. This was possibly my favorite episode of the season, so many great moments. 

Kreese seeing all of the major figures in his life while in therapy was really cool, especially younger Johnny. 

"Your more of a...blunt instrument."

"Thank you." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

First great episode this season.  Johnny and Chozen teaming up, CGI Karate Kid Johnny, and then those villains.  Kreese was badass.  And Silver, what a terrific villain.  I don't know whether to hate him or love him.  I always enjoy his screen time.  And the showdown I want to see at the end of the season isn't Daniel-Silver, it's Kreese-Silver.  Everything going on in the present with Silver is really about the two of them.  It needs to end with the two of them.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

What on earth does this guy do again?! How does he have so much free time to flit all over the Valley, machinating?

Agreed, first great episode.

• Like 1