Type keyword(s) to search

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

On 1/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, DearEvette said:

The trial ended in March. So my guess is that Miles sent the order for five boxes to be made way before the trial and before Andi was no longer part of the 'Disruptors.' There is no way for him to have one made and sent to Andi after he killed her to establish alibi because he wouldn't have had enough time to do it.  Whiskey's birthday was May 9th.  Andi sent the emails on May 11th.  So Miles had to have killed her sometime after May 11th.  They got the boxes on May 13th.

Oh they said her birthday? I just heard that she was a Taurus, and didn't know they said her actual birthday. I was trying to figure out a timeline myself based on the date of the email and Helen talking about her sister's death "two days ago." Since they got the boxes on Wednesday, May 13th, do you think they went to Greece that weekend on Friday or Saturday? Is that enough time? Or did they wait another week? Cause I thought Whiskey said her birthday was two weeks ago? If they waited until late May, Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd, that would give more time for Blanc and Helen to read the journals and get ready.

On 1/4/2023 at 11:06 AM, shapeshifter said:

I too noticed Miles’ misuse of technical terminology.  
Was that obvious to most viewers?

I was an English Major in college (but that was 20 years ago) and I noticed Miles  misuse of certain words but I just hand waved it because a lot of people (including me at times) use the wrong word.  

On 1/7/2023 at 9:04 AM, shapeshifter said:

Isn't it just all part of the bits of dialog that tell us Miles doesn't even have a grasp of the language of technology, much less any knowledge of how the technology works?

Its little crumbs dropped bit by bit through the movie.  Some you notice on first viewing others you might not.   The movie puts the actual date everyone gets the boxes but everyone just kinda equates it to being smack in the middle of Covid but instead putting the month/day/year is important because Whiskey is a Taurus.  

On 1/6/2023 at 7:44 AM, MissAlmond said:

I agree! I enjoyed both movies but using vomiting as a huge plot point in the first was something I could do without. 

Ironically what turned me off the first movie is I didn’t like the main character.  I don’t mind “awful people” when they are supposed to be awful people but when the hero of the story is just bland except for the vomiting thing I found her…..bland.    Helen in this was actually interesting and I found the idea that the drunker she got the more forceful and angry she got was a better “thing”.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
On 1/1/2023 at 9:05 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

Is the fax machine thing one of those guys or someone else? Because when I saw that my first thought was remembering Trump saying he never sends anything important by email and only uses registered mail or couriers to send documents.

This post reminded me of the movie Strange Brew. Brewmeister Smith taunts Pam "Unfortunately, We find the mail system unreliable here, so we use private couriers!"

6 hours ago, Cress said:

Oh they said her birthday? I just heard that she was a Taurus, and didn't know they said her actual birthday. I was trying to figure out a timeline myself based on the date of the email and Helen talking about her sister's death "two days ago." Since they got the boxes on Wednesday, May 13th, do you think they went to Greece that weekend on Friday or Saturday? Is that enough time? Or did they wait another week? Cause I thought Whiskey said her birthday was two weeks ago? If they waited until late May, Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd, that would give more time for Blanc and Helen to read the journals and get ready.

Yes. it is sometime after Duke died because she explicitly says it and I remember her mascara being all messed up. 

Also, IIRC, during Helen's meeting with Blanc, he said he could pull some strings and delay the news of Andie's death by a week.  So I think they got to the island the following weekend after they got the boxes. 

• Useful 1

My husband and I had this on our Netflix lists along with Bullet Train, we decided to watch Bullet Train one night. I actually expected this to be really good based on what I have read, which is partially why I had agreed to watch it 2nd. We both loved Bullet Train.....but boy was this boring. I actually had to keep going back because I would miss chucks of dialogue when I lost focus. It look me almost twice as long to watch the entire thing. 

It was completely predictable that it was Miles from the get go. The twin "twist" was so tedious, I spent most of the movie hoping something surprising would happen and that it wouldn't be Miles, or that Andi maybe had faked her death and was pretending to be her sister...there just had to be more to it. 

I'm insulted that they had Kathryn Hahn in this movie and gave her basically nothing to do. 

The only really memorable role was Kate Hudson, and it pains me to say it because I'm not a fan of hers in general. The whole sweatpants email bit was pretty hilarious. 

We finally watched it last night (late to the Benoit Blanc train, but now happily aboard!). We still enjoyed it, but liked the first one much better.  I loved his reactions to Miles’ malapropisms.  I loved how he described the invitation box as a collection of easy children’s puzzles, though I wondered why he said that when the box he saw was just a bag of splinters.  I loved his solving the murder mystery game.  I didn’t like his skulking about the property eavesdropping and his dumping so much of the dirty work onto Helen.

• Like 2