Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Moody Monthiversaries

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t think Binh knows how to navigate a relationship.  Morgan is too tough for him.  Ok, he went to friends for an opinion .. he didn’t kill anyone.  She’s too harsh with him, and will always be right.  I don’t think he has a chance for a successful marriage with her.  He has no idea what to do with her, as he’s totally confused.  Where are the experts to help him out.  Where is Pastor Cal?  Hiding?  The guy needs help.

Maybe the producers tied him up in the closet so that Binh would have to go to the others for advice.  I think they love it when the couples all blab to each other and form sides and factions because it's all about the drama for them, not really helping anyone have a successful relationship.  The experts used to step in and be available more when the couples needed someone to talk to or to get advice from but for the past few seasons it's become all about shit stirring and gossip.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, kikicat said:

We don't really know much about Binh. But I'm pretty sure he didn't commit an unforgiveable sin.

I kind of see both sides here.  Morgan is way too severe and unforgiving and I don't like her at all, but he's pretty clueless if he agreed not to talk about their relationship then does several times anyway behind her back and then lies to Morgan about it every time.  And we still don't know what kind of "dirty laundry" he was airing with Justin that maybe Morgan didn't want anyone knowing.  If we knew that maybe we might sympathize with her a little more.  I think both Justin and Binh are pretty clueless and immature to be honest but Morgan's reaction was way over the top to the point of leaving me wondering what her real motivations were.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Even if I accept that Morgan has a justifiable reason to be angry, she handled it badly. She walked out, saying she didn't want to talk to Binh about the problem but throwing things over her shoulder like "Alexis told me everything." Then when he met her on monthaversary day she would not let him speak and then goes on about how she will give him ONE CHANCE to explain and own up. But I don't really see her owning her part in any of this. Maybe, Morgan, give some thought to why it's so easy for your husband to talk to a friend and so impossible to talk to you?

Also, from Morgan "I want you to remember and know how much you have hurt me EVERY DAY." Good lord. That is just vindictive and petty and wrong on so many levels. 

What was weird about the scene where Binh hands her the flowers and she throws them on the ground is I thought they were already on the outs so why would she get all dressed up then and go meet him for that romantic setup?  Something about that didn't add up at least not in the order we saw it.  The whole scene felt rehearsed and set up if you ask me.  

And when she walked off in that other scene it looked to me like if she had her druthers she would have went from there to pack her things and call the whole marriage off, but suddenly they cut to the producer catching up to her and the next thing we know she's back and issuing that vindictive statement about staying around just to make him remember how much he hurt her.  Somehow I think they cut out the part where the producer reminds her that unless she wants to forfeit some undisclosed large amount of money she has to stay there and see the experiment through.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Stacia and Nate took great pains to look stunning and dressed to the nines in designer clothing at that group meal.  Then I noticed her earrings, which read from left to right looked like they said "Nel" and "Cha".  I was like WTF is THAT?  Then it came to me, it's probably supposed to say "Cha and Nel" for Chanel, LOL.  She was wearing them in the wrong ears!!!  She probably put them on to look right in the mirror, but that's not what the people looking at her see, LOL.  Wah Wah.....(record scratching noise).  That's almost as bad as last season when Olajuwon drank wine out of the carafe and not a glass, LOL.  🤣

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Also, from Morgan "I want you to remember and know how much you have hurt me EVERY DAY." Good lord. That is just vindictive and petty and wrong on so many levels. 

I would hate to see how she would react if someone cheated on her.   Someone you’ve known for 1 month gossiping about you is not a lifetime of hurt.   Her level of anger and spite was not healthy.   She definitely showed the world why Bihn might have talked about his relationship issues with other people instead of her.   She cut him off every time he tried to talk and was very passive aggressive with her arguments.   I don’t think she would have been very receptive if he had come to her with concerns.   

For all of Alexis’s talk about regulating emotions.   She seemed to be the one with that problem at the dinner.   She’s another passive aggressive person in fights, which may be why she and Morgan connect.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

For all of Alexis’s talk about regulating emotions.   She seemed to be the one with that problem at the dinner.   She’s another passive aggressive person in fights, which may be why she and Morgan connect.

Alexis and Morgan are two peas in a pod. They are, hands down, my two least favorite people this season. They both think they’re perfect and need to teach their inferior husbands how things are done. It must be nice to be so perfect! Justin and Binh are both people pleasers, so they put up with their wives’ superior, “my sh— don’t stink” approach to marriage with more tolerance than many others would. As a viewer, it’s draining to watch these guys accommodate and apologize 24/7 while Alexis and Morgan remain perma-pissed. 

I wish they would try to match at least one grounded, healthy, drama-free couple every season. I enjoy watching a true love story unfold rather than watching a bunch of fights and “juicy drama” (to quote Rudy Huxtable) week after week.

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6

Another laugh fest with FF. Don't get me wrong, it's leaving a trail of broken (as played on TV) victims in its wake, but seriously, experts better stop defending their process. Several of these contestants/victims should have been screened and given a hard pass. Oh wait, that's only if you were trying to match strangers for marriage. They've had a handful of successes over how many years?? So take it for what's it's worth. And don't forget to snark it up. 

Speaking of, LOL, Alexis! Somebody's auditioning for something. Don't miss the look on Afterparty.

I was so excited when Krysten finally went with the Snap Alert! Mitch had a decent response, but the jury's out on whether that's legit. Or he's capable.

I understand Morgan's hurt over what she considered a breach of trust. But her response to the producer's off-camera reality check was perfect. Sure, I'll stay, and torture the fuck out of my hapless husband. I finally felt sorry for Bihn. Whoever said Morgan should have gotten Johnny? *chef's kiss*

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe because they all know that the stuff on camera is production-driven and when they talk off-camera, it is probably sharing REAL thoughts?

I still think Morgan went overboard but I kind of get it via the afterparty. If you talk about the bad stuff to someone on the show, it's going to come back. So, talk to someone outside of the circle. BUT, is it really better to go to friends and family so they can possibly have a negative opinion of you?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I was like, is this a threat? Don't stay just to be vindictive. She's been out since the honeymoon. Fuck outta here. She's really just more concerned with being an independent badass.

I don’t think Bihn has ever shit on Morgan behind her back. I think he has went to others for advice on how to handle issues.

Also, lets be fair. Morgan has spent the first part of their marriage making him pay for his mistake and walls up. How was he really going to have good conversations with her with that going on?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Binh is waiting for Morgan.  He is dressed neatly in a crisp white shirt and pants.  In stomps Morgan all sweaty and looking like she just crawled out of a trunk.  This picture did not match.  Binh had taken time with his appearance for Morgan.  Morgan did not care and was just angry and wanted to get even for whatever the latest thing she suspected Binh had done or said.  

Binh was wrong if he kept talking to Justin about Morgan.  But Alexis was also wrong for jumping in the middle of it.  I suspect Alexis and Morgan spent their time discussing their husbands too.  They both act like they think their husbands are not good enough for them.  Justin and Bihn appear to be afraid of their wives and saying or doing the wrong thing.  I am sure they find comfort in talking to each other about this shared feeling.  Alexis and Morgan do not give them a chance to talk things over like adults.  But where is Pastor Cal and Dr Pepper?  Isn't this their job?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, buttersister said:

Another laugh fest with FF. Don't get me wrong, it's leaving a trail of broken (as played on TV) victims in its wake, but seriously, experts better stop defending their process. Several of these contestants/victims should have been screened and given a hard pass. Oh wait, that's only if you were trying to match strangers for marriage. They've had a handful of successes over how many years?? So take it for what's it's worth. And don't forget to snark it up. 

Speaking of, LOL, Alexis! Somebody's auditioning for something. Don't miss the look on Afterparty.

I was so excited when Krysten finally went with the Snap Alert! Mitch had a decent response, but the jury's out on whether that's legit. Or he's capable.

I understand Morgan's hurt over what she considered a breach of trust. But her response to the producer's off-camera reality check was perfect. Sure, I'll stay, and torture the fuck out of my hapless husband. I finally felt sorry for Bihn. Whoever said Morgan should have gotten Johnny? *chef's kiss*

Morgan is like a drill Sargent.  She’ll never be a soft woman.  The other one (Alexia) wants to be an Actress, as she’s auditioning.

15 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Binh is waiting for Morgan.  He is dressed neatly in a crisp white shirt and pants.  In stomps Morgan all sweaty and looking like she just crawled out of a trunk.  This picture did not match.  Binh had taken time with his appearance for Morgan.  Morgan did not care and was just angry and wanted to get even for whatever the latest thing she suspected Binh had done or said.  

Binh was wrong if he kept talking to Justin about Morgan.  But Alexis was also wrong for jumping in the middle of it.  I suspect Alexis and Morgan spent their time discussing their husbands too.  They both act like they think their husbands are not good enough for them.  Justin and Bihn appear to be afraid of their wives and saying or doing the wrong thing.  I am sure they find comfort in talking to each other about this shared feeling.  Alexis and Morgan do not give them a chance to talk things over like adults.  But where is Pastor Cal and Dr Pepper?  Isn't this their job?

Morgan is the “Crabby” Nurse at the hospital.  There’s always one.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I hope Binh says No on Decision Day.  Morgan is an overworked Crabby Nurse, and will never change.  She takes her job home with her.  Binh is clueless about women, but I hope he finds a sweet girl who appreciates him.  After this exposure, I think he will.  I just wish the show would change course and have some happy unions.  We need corny sappy things right about now.  Not mismatching and fighting.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

So who here believes that Morgan’s outburst on the phone when he was at Alexis’s and Justin’s apartment was the first time she’s ever yelled like that, as she claimed when she was retelling the story to her friend????? (Bueller?…..Bueller???). My thoughts: there is no way in a million years that that was the first time in her life she’s ever exhibited that kind of an explosion. No chance. Zero. Zip. Zilch. I think after she calmed down she realized that Justin’s apartment camera presumably caught the whole thing on film so she couldn’t deny it. The best she could do was try to save face and claim that that behavior was abnormal for her. I’m not buying it. In the scheme of life, Binh confiding in someone about his relationship can’t possibly be the worst thing that ever happened to her, meriting her supposed first ever explosion. No way. 

I agree with others here who said Binh is just inexperienced and needs guidance and a sounding board. Would it have been better if he’d talked to someone else? sure (experts? Ohhhh, experts….where are you???), but her reaction was so over the top (and don’t get me started on her rehearsed speech at the dinner complete with the overly dramatic flower drop…she even said “binh doesn’t know what’s coming” ahead of that dinner, with a self righteous smirk on her face - she deliberately blindsided him…what a gem she is).

Side note: Morgan seemed to expect full forgiveness about lying to production that she wasn’t done with school, yet she is remarkably unforgiving about Binh opening up to his “friend” (albeit a new friend) about that lie. Give me a break. Some of the women this season clearly feel superior to their partners and they have no problem showing it. That lack of balance in a relationship is usually a one way ticket to divorce. 

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Just to add my few thoughts. . .So, Stacia finally gets her word that she has been hammering Nate for. He tells her he loves her and does she kiss him? No. She just goes on to her next stupid question about the damn scale. I thought the scale was about love, so there was need to ask him. Even if that was producer driven (not that they would do that!), it was awful. Stacia has not an ounce of warmth in her entire body. She didn't listen to anything her mother said. She is cold and inflexible and just because they got tattoos - which SHE scheduled - that doesn't mean anything, other than they are both stupid. However, they both looked amazing at their dinner.

Poor Miguel and Lindy having to take a boat ride wearing winter parkas! How cold was it? It didn't help that they appeared to be in the middle of a storm. I did have to laugh when Lindy told Miguel that he hasn't seen the worst in her and to buckle up. When he said he was scared, I believed him. She kept reminding me of Noi when she kept saying that everything was "cute." I hated that. I guess every season has to have an immature person - she is it.

I am so over Justin and Alexis. She is horrible and so condescending to him and refuses to listen to what he says. He may not be the best communicator, but her way of chastising him when he tries to explain is horrible. It is not her job to teach him to communicate. It is her job to listen to what he says. That outfit was jaw droppingly hideous. I wondered how she would eat and was glad that the gloves came off.

Yay for Krysten finally remembering herself. It wasn't the appropriate place to do that, but, again, production instructions. Mitch does not deserve a seemingly normal woman like Krysten.

OMG - Morgan! She clomps onto the screen and delivers her carefully rehearsed speech, after dropping the flowers. Then she clomps out, but comes back to deliver another rehearsed speech. She refused to listen to him when he was trying to explain. I agree with those who say that he has zero relationship experience and was seeking advice from a friend. I don't know what he told Justin that made her so mad, and maybe there wasn't anything other than production hi jinx. I don't think any of them are good enough actors, so I think that Binh was totally blindsided by the show. He had no idea what hit him.

It looks like next week, they all meet with an expert. That may be too little too late for some of them. Another really bad season.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Alexis's pink skin tight jumpsuit....OY!

with matching gloves!!!! does she want to look like a pink female Gumby?

while I'm at it, Morgan walks like a lumberjack.  For someone who is athletic, she seems so uncomfortable and joyless in her own body.  Agree with everyone else who said that she was way too hard on Binh.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

OMG - Morgan! She clomps onto the screen

One or two episodes ago she was bitching about Binh not paying her enough compliments or something, and she said "I'm your wife, not your bro," but she gives off bro energy. Like if she were a guy, she'd be a total bro.

The thing that gets me about Morgan's insistence that Binh not speak to anyone about their marriage is that they're on a TV show about their marriage. The show requires its participants to talk about their marriage with each other, with the other couples, and with the experts, in a fair amount of detail. There have been a few instances where people have kept stuff private (usually about sex), but this show has been on for long enough now that you know going into it that you're going to have to talk about personal stuff on television. All these couples outings where the men and women split up are entirely designed to get them talking about their marriages. Stacia isn't going to ask Krysten how her day at work was; she probably doesn't even know where Krysten works. They only know each other at all because of their marriages, so of course they're going to talk about them.

To be fair, we don't know what was said and there is a line to be crossed where you say too much or tell something too personal, and if Binh crossed it, that's a problem. But the idea that Binh should never talk about their marriage at all to anyone, especially within the context of this show, is crazy. Like don't friends talk to each other about stuff?

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Alexis's pink skin tight jumpsuit....OY!

while I'm at it, Morgan walks like a lumberjack.  For someone who is athletic, she seems so uncomfortable and joyless in her own body.  Agree with everyone else who said that she was way too hard on Binh.

Alexis has reached new heights of passive-aggression, smugness, and narcissism on this episode.  Her behavior at the dinner was appalling--you're so wonderful because you choose (unlike your "passionate" husband whom you treat like a child) to "regulate yourself" and say nothing.  But as was discussed at the After Party, you communicate volumes about your contempt with your facial expressions.  Then when your husband pushes you to speak, you make yourself the victim and start crying about how you're HURT and it STILL HURTS.  A bravura performance!! Her smug apology for shit stirring at the After Party was so self-congratulatory and made me stabby.  Justin is no prize but she is torturing him at this point.

I may be alone in this but I think Mitch has made some progress.  His reaction to Kirsten's complaint at dinner was surprisingly mature.  At the after party he was showing some real self-awareness and seemed genuinely regretful.  He was also impressed by Kirsten standing up for herself.  I have hopes for these two.  I also think Mitch has a great sense of humor and a quick wit, when he is not on his soapbox, and I find that very appealing.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Bwah ha ha!!!!!! For some reason, my mind went to a pink Grinch, but that works too.......I think I am only sticking with this now just to see what atrocity Alexis dons in the next episode! I swear, does this woman own ANY normal clothes????

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I did have to laugh when Lindy told Miguel that he hasn't seen the worst in her and to buckle up. When he said he was scared, I believed him.

She is so fixated on acceptance for bad behavior, I think we are being set up for a bat shit crazy explosion from her, although I'm not sure she can top Elizabeth's table flipping, or Michaela's furniture throwing, or Lindy in the bowling alley bathroom last season. So far just some sulky F bombs.....bring it Lindy!

Is Bihn just walking around with a bloody stump at the top of his neck? Because I am pretty sure Morgan bit off his entire head in this episode. He seems so befuddled. When you are describing your relationship as a "nightmare" it's time to bail. She is extremely hard and unpleasant, and her rage at him talking to Justin - um hello, has she ever seen a reality show???? I don't know what Bihn was supposed to do - is he not allowed to talk to anyone about his marriage, or just other participants? His ideal woman is his mother - this gal is not that. Run Bihn.

Aaaaand there it is - FINALLY Krysten speaking some truth to that bald lady sandal wearing pencil she's married to! I knew she was going to snap at some point! Let's see if old Mitch can compromise, or if any time he doesn't like what she wants he's "triggered" by her trying to "control him".....

Stacia and Nate are fine. When you are getting matching tattoos it's going to be a yes. Her mom is so pretty.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Spectator said:

Side note: Morgan seemed to expect full forgiveness about lying to production that she wasn’t done with school, yet she is remarkably unforgiving about Binh opening up to his “friend” (albeit s new friend) about that lie. Give me a break.

I re-watched their rose ceremony.

It was finally made clear that the problem wasn't that Binh told Justin that Morgan hadn't actually finished her BSN.  What he told him was that Morgan was lying about being a nurse, which is a lot worse, and obviously not true.

He told her, "We cleared that up.  You're working on your BSN, but you're officially a nurse."  So apparently what happened was that Morgan told Binh that she hadn't finished her BSN, and told him not to tell anybody.  Not only did he go tell someone, which she specifically asked him not to do, he got it wrong and told Justin that Morgan was lying about her actual occupation. 

So I can see how she wouldn't want him talking to any of the other couples about any of their issues, especially if he's not even going to go to the trouble of getting his allegations right before running off to talk to other people.

What got me was that Binh told Morgan that the guys would talk about their problems, but that he told them, "Out of respect for my wife I'm not gonna talk about our issues"  And then talked to Justin about their issues, even though she asked specifically that he not go to any of the other couples with their problems. 

And interestingly, she said she'd never gone to any of the other couples about their problems, and his reply?  "I'm sure you talk to Lindy."  Well, no she doesn't.  And even if she did, how does that make Binh talking to Justin turn into Binh not talking to Justin?  It doesn't.  And then he said he talks only to Justin, but then she brought up Miguel and he said he had indeed talked to Miguel, but that was in response to something about being a people pleaser.  So does he talk to only Justin, or has he also talked to Miguel? 

The fact is that she asked him not to talk to any of the other couples, and he did it anyway.  But he has his reasons.   And because he has his reasons, he didn't do anything wrong.  But the question isn't whether he did anything wrong; it's did he do it?  And he indisputably did.

Yet he told Morgan he didn't.  That's where Morgan's (and my) exasperation come from.  Then when Morgan told Binh he's not owning up to anything, he said he'd apologized for the BSN stuff.  As if nothing since then was at issue.  Arrrgghhh. 

And he did finally admit, "I definitely talked to Justin behind your back.  Multiple times."  And then said, "I apologize for lying straight to your face, multiple times." 

Maybe Morgan had no right to ask him not to talk to other people, but that's a whole other issue.  She said in her prepared remarks that she wanted a husband who would always have her back, and that's not what she got.  She might have gotten over the honeymoon kerfuffle (although I have my doubts), but if Binh really wanted that result, he should have refrained from doing the very thing the honeymoon kerfuffle was all about.  Instead, he continued doing the exact same thing, and lied about it, and made Morgan press and press before he'd admit it.

As for asking Justin for advice?  If that's the best he could come up with, then maybe he should just give up on relationships entirely.  Mitch made me laugh during the after-show when he was asked some question, and he said, "As the relationship expert on this panel, my opinion..."

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Bwah ha ha!!!!!! For some reason, my mind went to a pink Grinch, but that works too.......I think I am only sticking with this now just to see what atrocity Alexis dons in the next episode! I swear, does this woman own ANY normal clothes????

She is so fixated on acceptance for bad behavior, I think we are being set up for a bat shit crazy explosion from her, although I'm not sure she can top Elizabeth's table flipping, or Michaela's furniture throwing, or Lindy in the bowling alley bathroom last season. So far just some sulky F bombs.....bring it Lindy!

Is Bihn just walking around with a bloody stump at the top of his neck? Because I am pretty sure Morgan bit off his entire head in this episode. He seems so befuddled. When you are describing your relationship as a "nightmare" it's time to bail. She is extremely hard and unpleasant, and her rage at him talking to Justin - um hello, has she ever seen a reality show???? I don't know what Bihn was supposed to do - is he not allowed to talk to anyone about his marriage, or just other participants? His ideal woman is his mother - this gal is not that. Run Bihn.

Aaaaand there it is - FINALLY Krysten speaking some truth to that bald lady sandal wearing pencil she's married to! I knew she was going to snap at some point! Let's see if old Mitch can compromise, or if any time he doesn't like what she wants he's "triggered" by her trying to "control him".....

Stacia and Nate are fine. When you are getting matching tattoos it's going to be a yes. Her mom is so pretty.

i agree, run binh

this is no match, she's getting scary

pencil?  i applaud krysten for finally telling mitch how she felt, but it should have been when they were alone, not at this dinner

i don't see stacia and nate lasting long after decision day and then they'll have those lovely tattoos to remember the experience.  i think it was a little early to do that, even if nate finally said the words she was begging him for.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Poor Krysten.  Why did they match her up with Mr. Save the Planet?  She deserves much better.  Out of all the guys, they pick him?  She has zero in common with him.  I would be pissed. 

I'm finally catching on (FINALLY!) that the people who come on this show are either fame whores or so messed up that they can't find someone to date any other way.  The rare "normal" folks who are lucky to be matched with other "normals" usually make it, as well as well-matched weirdos.  The rest are losers matched with unlucky people with the best of intentions who unfortunately crash and burn. 

• Love 4

The most telling thing for me out of the entire episode?  The fact that Alexis' dog is always with Justin and never with her.  That tells me everything I need to know about them.  Justin may be a poor communicator and very sensitive, but if her dog prefers him it also means that Justin has a good heart.  Animals know.

Stacia's mom is beautiful.  There is something in Stacia's background though as her mother said she was part of the reason why it is so hard for Stacia to trust people. Oh, and for all of the talk about how tattoos are permanent, if they break up they can just say the date represents when they were on a t.v. show.

I think Lindy sees herself as just so precious-especially when she was saying how all of her other relationships just took her acting out.  Not really, as nobody else wanted to marry her (unlike Alexis, Lindy has not been proposed to 3 times [as far as we know]).  It was interesting that Miguel noted that he just wanted to enjoy looking at the wedding pictures but that she was snarky/negative about them and kind of ruined the experience for him.  I think she is acting a part thinking it endears her to people, but that the acting is what will push Miguel away.

What I really want to know is what were Krysten and her friend drinking?  It looked liked they were cutting up something to put into their glasses and then drinking from it.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He had no clue what he was apologizing for, and frankly I don’t either.

Most of the arguments this season, I’m like, “is it me?  Am I bad at communication?” I have no idea what they are arguing about the majority of the time.  Love scales, best selves…they are exhausting.  I have no idea what was up with Alexis at the dinner.  Justin clearly wanted her to say something nice. Any little crumb.  Lindy and Miguel…that boy’s got patience because I would be like, “what are you on about again?”  Binh, Justin is just as clueless about women as you are, find someone else who has seen boobies.

22 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

The most telling thing for me out of the entire episode?  The fact that Alexis' dog is always with Justin and never with her.  That tells me everything I need to know about them.  Justin may be a poor communicator and very sensitive, but if her dog prefers him it also means that Justin has a good heart.  Animals know.

What I really want to know is what were Krysten and her friend drinking?  It looked liked they were cutting up something to put into their glasses and then drinking from it.

They were making candles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It was finally made clear that the problem wasn't that Binh told Justin that Morgan hadn't actually finished her BSN.  What he told him was that Morgan was lying about being a nurse, which is a lot worse, and obviously not true.

I hear you, but that issue about the misunderstanding about her being a nurse was vetted in a previous episode. As it was explained in that episode, Morgan admitted that she lied to MAFS production when she claimed that she was actually done with school. And apparently Binh didn’t understand that despite not having a bachelors degree she could still be a nurse. So in his mind, she not only lied about her education but also lied about her career and that was an understandable red flag to him. Because that conversation between Morgan and Binh wasn’t aired, we will never know how well Morgan did or did not explain the situation - the different degrees for nursing, her status in school, etc.. All we know is she admitted she lied to MAFS production when she claimed she had already finished school, and because of that Binh mistakenly thought she wasn’t a legitimate nurse. She should have made that super clear to Binh and if Binh had concerns, which he clearly did, he 100% should have asked Morgan directly for clarity instead of venting to Justin. It was definitely not a mature way for Binh to handle it, but both parties are at fault here (Morgan lied to production and Binh expressed his concerns about that to Justin instead of to Morgan). At the end of the day, most of the problem boils down to a miscommunication and for reasons that escape me, it turned into the relationship equivalent of the atomic bomb.

Now in this episode, Morgan rehashed the old “not a nurse” argument but also said that Binh went to Justin again and disclosed more confidential information. No one ever clarified what exactly Binh revealed to Justin, so it’s hard to say how egregious that was. Was that a mistake? You bet, but as @Empress1 pointed out, they’re on a tv show. Expecting 100% privacy is irrational, especially when so early in the relationship Morgan admitted that she wasn’t truthful with the MAFS production team. I understand why he was concerned - essentially she admitted to lying, then told him not to tell anyone she lied. Yikes…I actually don’t think what she lied about was that big of a deal (especially after clarifying that it was just a lie about school and not a lie about her entire career) but I’m not sure what I would do if I were on the show and my new stranger husband had admitted to lying when being cast in the show then told me not to tell anyone he’d lied. I’d be wondering what else he lied about. And chances are I’d want to talk about it with someone. It clearly would have been better if he talked about it with someone outside of the show, but I can understand why he did what he did. 

This seems like a fairly minor event to cause such a severe level of disruption in this relationship. I can’t imagine how these two would handle a genuine crisis in their relationship. Not good.

• Love 2

It's not the crime, it's the coverup. Bihn lied. Repeatedly. To her face. That point is well taken because I don't trust liars, either. But Morgan's delivery to Bihn made it easy to dismiss her.

It looked like she was ready to pack it in, producers discouraged that and so her response was to let him know she'd stay but kick the crap out of him on a daily basis. For his sake, they should cut a deal and let her go.

Edited by buttersister
Adverb, not verb
  • Love 3

I was under the impression that when you do a pre- or post-nup, each party has their own representation and they negotiate. It looked like Stacia's lawyer drew it up and they just signed it. It also didn't look like Nate had read it before signing. I'm hoping negotiations took place off camera and the signing was just for show. I'm pro- pre/post-nup but I wouldn't sign anything my own lawyer hadn't read.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Stacia's mom is beautiful.  There is something in Stacia's background though as her mother said she was part of the reason why it is so hard for Stacia to trust people. Oh, and for all of the talk about how tattoos are permanent, if they break up they can just say the date represents when they were on a t.v. show.

I think Lindy sees herself as just so precious-especially when she was saying how all of her other relationships just took her acting out.  Not really, as nobody else wanted to marry her (unlike Alexis, Lindy has not been proposed to 3 times [as far as we know]).  It was interesting that Miguel noted that he just wanted to enjoy looking at the wedding pictures but that she was snarky/negative about them and kind of ruined the experience for him.  I think she is acting a part thinking it endears her to people, but that the acting is what will push Miguel away.

To be fair, Justin was in the bed when the dog was with him. My dog will choose the bed over me any day, even if she has to be in it with a stranger.

In one of the first episodes, Stacia said that her mother moved when she was a senior in high school. Stacia didn’t want to spend her senior year in a new school so she stayed with friends for her senior year. Honestly, that always struck me as odd. Stacia made it sound as though her mother moved because she wanted to; not for a job or anything. So why not wait a year and let your kid finish high school? Though they seem to get along very well now, I always thought there was more to that story.

Krysten and her friend were making candles. They were cutting up smaller chunks of wax to put in the glasses.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I was under the impression that when you do a pre- or post-nup, each party has their own representation and they negotiate. It looked like Stacia's lawyer drew it up and they just signed it. It also didn't look like Nate had read it before signing. I'm hoping negotiations took place off camera and the signing was just for show. I'm pro- pre/post-nup but I wouldn't sign anything my own lawyer hadn't read.

I got the impression that the post-nup scene was for tv. and real negotiations were done in private.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I forgot to mention Stacia and her Chanel fixation. First the intertwined C earrings and then the CHA and NEL earrings (worn on the wrong ears). The Cs didn't bother me that much but the other ones were, most likely, very expensive, but I thought they were tacky.

Oh, that what the earring said!!! I was trying to figure it out.......

• LOL 4

Anyone as paranoid as Morgan and as dramatic as Morgan about being talked about has a lot of skeletons in the past.  She started off by being shady with the deep dark secret of not finishing her bachelors degree but lying about it on the application.  Now she's protesting loudly about him lying to her face.  She's full of shit, this one.  I don't know what else she's hiding but I'm going to guess she's the one who has issues with the truth.

• Love 4

Pugs should not be a thing. They can't breathe. And need "the wrinkle" cleaned. Ugh. Gross. It's mean to keep breeding them.

Anyways, it's also mean for the producers to make us endure so much talking about the relationships to other people vs. just letting us watch the couples interact. After seven years, I've already taken 90 Day Fiance off the DVR. It may be Married at First Sight's time as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Pugs should not be a thing. They can't breathe. And need "the wrinkle" cleaned. Ugh. Gross. It's mean to keep breeding them.

Anyways, it's also mean for the producers to make us endure so much talking about the relationships to other people vs. just letting us watch the couples interact. After seven years, I've already taken 90 Day Fiance off the DVR. It may be Married at First Sight's time as well.

I too cut the cord on 90 Day.  A lot of nothing every week.  A bunch of weirdos.  That Shesha or whoever got on my nerves with the never ending pre- up.  STFU already.  Zero personality.  Yeah, the commercials on this show make a fool of us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

If you noticed, she compliments him left n right, thinking he will fall for that.  Her voice somehow bothers the hell out of me.  She a brown nose, kissing up to him every minute.  They’ll have to call the ambulance if he says no.  She will flip out.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not entirely sure what Binh is apologizing for either since Morgan didn't really let Binh get a word in edgewise. If he promised her not to discuss their relationship with the other guys, yeah, he is in the wrong. But I thought her anger was outsized and she basically chose to believe what Alexis said she overheard in Justin's conversations with Binh, instead of believing what Binh told her that he said (when he could get in a few syllables). 

Even if I accept that Morgan has a justifiable reason to be angry, she handled it badly. She walked out, saying she didn't want to talk to Binh about the problem but throwing things over her shoulder like "Alexis told me everything." Then when he met her on monthaversary day she would not let him speak and then goes on about how she will give him ONE CHANCE to explain and own up. But I don't really see her owning her part in any of this. Maybe, Morgan, give some thought to why it's so easy for your husband to talk to a friend and so impossible to talk to you?

Did everyone see her taking her frustrations out at the boxing ring?  If I was Binh, I would be scared.  She’ll knock him over like a feather.  Yikes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

Anyways, it's also mean for the producers to make us endure so much talking about the relationships to other people vs. just letting us watch the couples interact.

This is the point in the season where it just absolutely stalls into a lot of nothing. I usually stop watching and pick it back up at the group getaway or decision day, or sometimes at that start of the next season if the people are so heinous that I can't stand them  ......in the meantime, there is the fast forward button. I don't need to see them talking to friends and family rehashing the same tired crap over and over. I watched the group dinner and the Morgan & Bihn fight. Took about 30 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I hope Binh says No on Decision Day.  Morgan is an overworked Crabby Nurse, and will never change.  She takes her job home with her.  Binh is clueless about women, but I hope he finds a sweet girl who appreciates him.  After this exposure, I think he will.  I just wish the show would change course and have some happy unions.  We need corny sappy things right about now.  Not mismatching and fighting.

I don't think they will last till Decision Day

• Love 3

My husband and I have both a pre- and post-nup. Our finances aren't that complicated but we each had separate counsel. I wouldn't say there negotiations per se as we were both on the same page about what we wanted the documents to say, but our attorneys were very clear in explaining to each of us what was legally in our individual best interests.

We are happily married, BTW - just pragmatic and old.

• Love 2

Stacia and Nate still seem solid. All couples especially under these conditions are going to have conflict. They have issues I also think they have commitment.

I still question if Morgan was a wise pick to be on the show and get married at all never mind at first sight. I feel bad for her life story and no wonder she has trust issues. The requirement to never speak about your marital issues to anyone isn't realistic and not always beneficial. A person at the forest level will temper the point of view of the one deep in the woods. Ultimately, she ended up sharing her marriage to Binh to her friend. Binh didn't handle it well. He shouldn't have lied he would have been better off standing his ground. And he should have picked a sister or brother to get advice from. Or even Pastor cal. Not one of the other couples with their own issues. He could be a good man for her I think he has a big heart. For Morgan this could be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

I have high hopes for Lindy and Miguel. Nothing bad enough to warrant calling it quits.

Kristen and Mitch. What a head scratcher. Despite of dealing with their quirks and idiosyncrasies they seem to be finding love. It doesn't seem there is any quit in either of them. Is Mitch getting the better deal? I think so hope he just gives her loyalty and faithfulness she can deal with the rest. She was a bit overboard in discussing issues. I'd be a bit ticked if I was Mitch.

From the start I pegged Justin as immature. An empty suit. He swore love but really has no idea what that word means. At the time he said it was just a high. Alexis was right to be skeptical. I don't know if he'll mature enough in a month.

I have a different take on Lindy and Miguel.  I think she is adorable and a "real girl".  Miguel was prepared not to fall in love and just finish his 8 weeks on TV, but he has fallen in love.  They both have great communication skills and have the maturity to work out their problems together.  Both of them going to school for 8 years minimum has shown their self-discipline. I see them as the couple we will follow with their growing family.  

Morgan and Binh are so woefully mismatched, experience and maturity miles apart.  I kept picturing Binh's mother wanting to jump in that boxing ring and punch her a good one.  That rose-dropping lecture by Morgan was over-the-top.

Alexis and Justin are not so much mismatched as they are seriously both needing help for childhood issues.  I don't enjoy seeing her publicly berate him, nor do I want to see him insisting that she communicate when she so clearly wanted to stay quiet.

I agree with what others have said about Krysten and Mitch.  I find him the least appealing of all the men, with his whiny disposition.  She has such low self-esteem that she was wiling to ignore his unpleasant habits in order to be agreeable.  I am happy she is speaking up for herself.  

Nate and Stacia are matched well, because they both got what they thought they wanted. Time will tell if their fantasy match will weather every-day things.  I don't quite trust Nate not to be a player.  

• Love 3

Morgan and Binh:

So rarely do you hear about the Telephone Game being played with, you know, actual telephones!

So Binh calls Justin. Justin has Binh on speakerphone. Alexis overhears the entire conversation, exactly, word for word. And then she calls Morgan, and repeats everything Binh said, exactly, word for word - without paraphrasing or editorializing.

AMAZEBALLS!

The most perfect game of Telephone ever played!(That's sarcasm. Lots of it).

Then Morgan, instead of approaching Binh calmly and telling him what she heard from Alexis and giving him a chance to explain/correct what Alexis said, and apologize if he did do something wrong, refuses to allow him to speak. She demands he apologize without him even knowing what he's supposed to be apologizing for! 

@Elizzikra , I agree with 100% of your post! 

In past seasons, there was a way the couples or individual spouses could contact the experts in crisis situations, but it looks like they aren't doing that anymore (they didn't do that with the Boston bunch, either). That's really doing the couples a disservice. Had Dr. Pepper or Pastor Cal been able to mediate a discussion between Morgan and Binh about their "Telephone Game", Morgan wouldn't have gotten away with what she did.

Morgan needs someone to tell her she can't make Binh pay for the sins committed against her in previous relationships - she has to give Binh a fair chance and not expect him to be a mind-reader. You can't tell someone "You know what you did" (or "said") when you don't really know, either, because you're hearing it secondhand. If they tell you they didn't say something, or that the person listening in misheard what was said and you call them a liar - what can they do with that? 

Paraphrasing Morgan to Binh:

"I'm not going to tell you what Alexis said she overheard you say, except that you were lying about me again. You know what you said. And if you say you didn't say what I'm not telling you you said, then you're lying about that, too. So how do you expect me to trust you ever again?" 

Binh's head was clearly hurting after that convoluted mess and mine was, too. 

I actually think this is a better group of people than we've had for the past few seasons, and if they had the continuing support of the "experts" I think there's the potential for several success stories. Leaving them adrift for the sake of drama isn't fair to them or to the viewing audience 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, gwen747 said:

In what universe did these "experts" think that Morgan was ready for a relationship. She's ready for a therapist.

She’s not even ready for a therapist.  You have to admit you need help to be ready for a therapist. Morgan is proud of herself for behaving badly.   I have to wonder if her father is really as bad as she implies? Or if she just held grudges against him like she is doing Binh.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4