Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E20: Qualifiers 5 Results

• Start Topic

Top Five:

• Aubrey Burchell vs Kristen Cruz vs Travis Japan - I was actually surprised by this one. I thought it would be Aubrey over Kristen.
  • Knives vs Yo-Yos vs Pole Dancer - she was my choice! I like the yo-yo guy but between the two she's the better show. My only opinion on the knife throwers is I hate danger acts so I don't pay much attention to them therefore I have no idea if they're "good" or not.
  • Big Dance Crew vs Solo Dancer - and it's the big dance crew; not surprised.
  • Mayyas vs Comedian vs Rapping Magician - gee, I wonder who's gonna get this one. 🤔 I just can't decide. 
  • Comedian vs Magic Rapper - I don't really care either way but I guess I'd go with the magician.

Top Three ("in no particular order"):

• Mayyas
  • Mervant Vera (for making the top three I actually went and looked up his name)
  • Kristy Sellars

Interlude:

• Brandon Leake does a car ad disguised as a "how AGT changed my life" segment. I don't know what kind of car.

Finalists:

• Mayyas
  • Kristy Sellars

And then I missed the last 15 minutes or so, so I don't know what happened after that. I did hear a lot of screaming coming from the living room around 8:58...

• Love 2

I think America go it right on the final two and the wild card.  I think Mayyas have a very good chance of winning the whole thing!

I was thinking of my Top 3 worst AGT winners ever and thanks to Brandon Lee's commercial, my list was complete.

1.  Grace Vanderwaal - Awful voice

2.  Brandon Lee - A poet?  Come on now!

3.  That dog act several years ago.  Olate Dog something or another?

I'm very happy that Celia Munoz is in the finals.  She never should've been eliminated.

Until next week....

• Love 1

Apparently they were holding Celia out of the first Wild Card to keep her for the final chance. Good choice Ameriker! Surprised all the singers got knocked out.

A jukebox musical with an urban slant is something we've never seen? Please. But the performer did a fantastically better rendition of Roar than Katy Perry.

Who was Celia up against for the audience vote?

And who was the guest performer for the night?

Don't know if I missed anything else (I saw up to shortly after the two finalists were announced...not really worth watching on demand just for the last 15 minutes).

That glorified Kia commercial spent a lot more time and effort trying to convince us to buy a Kia than actually telling us how Brandon Leakes life has changed. Did he explain how his life changed because it sounded like vague “blah blah blah AGT opened up so many opportunities, isn’t this ride awesome blah blah Howie you’re my idol.” 

• Like 1

The show continuing into September is always fake and knowing there's only one week left makes it hard to care - I didn't write anything yesterday due to being sick all week, but while watching, I realized there was nothing to say, which is funny since when do I ever write about what's happening on screen anyways.

Howie apologizes to the people of Japan with feigned sincerity, which you'd think they wouldn't appreciate, since they did use their precious 2 minute lunch break to write those tweets.

The Mayyas are obviously winning, but the favored treatment they get is making me not like them. Not that I can stay mad at them, since they are pretty much what you'd get if you built the perfect girl from scratch, other than lacking an arm of trashy tattoos and a bad attitude, both of which they'll probably acquire after their first week in America.

The & Juliet performance was bad, I hate Roar so much. Having watched this, you'd still have no idea what the play is about, especially me, since the voice I thought I heard at the beginning telling everyone to take out their Game Boys and nod off was probably imaginary.

Already knew Celia would go through, so my bored face was as lively as an American who only got 20 hours of sleep last night.

The show sucked and I wrote this with zero interest.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Terry and the judges gush about how this season is the best ever, despite 75% of each week's acts serving as fodder like always. Obviously, one of them saying something like "actually, nothing can top Darci Lynne" would result in an awkward silence and pointless show, so the fakery has to be done.

& Juliet - I guess Romeo's name was omitted because he refused to kill himself for any actress over the age of 13, so that monkey wrench resulted in an aimless karaoke routine instead. Perhaps Juliet still ends up poisoned at the end of this musical, although the whole audience of Americans follows a western diet and inoculates themselves to the gills over things I confidently declare don't exist until asked for proof, so it wouldn't be as dramatic of a scene today. It was a pretty standard performance IMO, I really don't understand why so many of these results show acts get praised so much. Simon's joy of seeing them earlier must have at least partially been from shock and awe of the Londoners making it inside the building without getting shivved.

Celia Munoz is voted in as the wildcard, which is unsurprising because comedians are possibly the most shafted niche on AGT. Who could blame the voters when most comedians are awful. Celia's lips were clearly moving during her excitement, giving the ruse away despite not holding a puppet or performing, so congrats to everyone who put her through. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

After reading the comments I wonder if I watched the same show?  I find the top 10 this season to be pretty great and even though I’d love to see the Mayas win, it’s going to be a difficult choice because regardless of the kudos from the judges no dance or formation team has won. If they have an agenda to get them the win then cool, they would need very little tweaking to put that act on a Vegas stage. Regardless of the judges tongue bath, I really don’t feel manipulated because  Id be happy with most of this top ten mounting a show.

For me, The odds are on the American contestants because it’s still America voting. I think it will come down to who brings it that night.

BTW.  & Juliet is a great show, saw it in Toronto. last month. It’s kitchy and very funny. The music from the pop charts really takes it to another level. I think that It’s not easy to take an ensemble piece out of context for a couple of minutes on the AGT stage but I thought they did a fairly good job. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Celia is not the worst choice for a Wild Card.  But, the player's choir nomination by Simon?  Ludicrous.  The engineer/comedian guy (McMullen?) was another bad choice, but Howie's gonna Howie.  Comedians at any cost.  Forgot the fourth nominee.

This was one of those times when the super obvious #1 was announced straight away.  There was no point whatsoever in trying to create faux draaaaama.  Christie was a wee bit of a surprise, but she is a worthy choice.  Just don't lecture me again, jidges, about interactive rear projection being played out.   They already started in on that, but conveeeeeniently, ignored the vibrant cliche that is her act.  Me?  Give me any number of these over any singer, anytime.

Here's hoping Mayyas comes through with another stellar effort.  I wouldn't be upset if Chapel Hart took the prize.  I will not be amused if Dolly doesn't at least show for the exhibition performance on results night. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

But, the player's choir nomination by Simon?  Ludicrous.  The engineer/comedian guy (McMullen?) was another bad choice,

With you on the first one, disagree on the second. I thought he was funny, which is unfortunately rare for this show. That choir was bad for an AGT choir, which is saying something. 

18 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Forgot the fourth nominee.

The doe-eyed singer who's mother died and she lost her record contract and it was sad. Heidi's GB. Leila? Layla? I suppose it doesn't matter now. ETA: Lily Meola

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

My takeaway from this episode was the judges wanting Sonic's 2/$5 takeout. I wonder if their double cheeseburgers were flatter than a pancake like mine was. I've never had a fast-food burger from ANYWHERE that the whole thing, including bun, looks like it's been run over by a car.

Glad the ventriloquist made the wild card but I wish the science comedian could have been included too. HATED Simon's choir and the GB singer. In fact, I don't like any singers on this show so there's that.

• Love 1