Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Week 9: Overnight Dates Part 1

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

2 things that drive me nuts!!! 
1) it is not a “ pit in your stomach” it is a feeling like a pit in your stomach. 
2) this hasn’t been said yet but “ weary” instead of wary.

Unless they’re as tired of this crap as we are. I’m that case weary would be appropriate.

• LOL 3

Johnny's an idiot.

Once more, people: these engagements are not legally binding.  Say yes to the ring and keep dating as long as you like -- ask Jojo.

Break up later if you need to -- ask Becca.

Just now, dizzyd said:

Only 2 O/Ns left, so is tomorrow just 1h?

No, probably just more ads

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So she sailed away without Johnny… about time something like this happened.  It seems forever since Mr Guard and Protect was left on the glacier.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
1 minute ago, phlebas said:

Johnny's an idiot.

Once more, people: these engagements are not legally binding.  Say yes to the ring and keep dating as long as you like -- ask Jojo.

Break up later if you need to -- ask Becca.

But that would mean sacrificing paradise!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Johnny has been an Eeyore through this whole thing.

I get a feeling he’s carrying around some family damage (e.g., a macho father?), but I appreicate that he does not parade it. 

Gabby loves relationship talk, and when that starts up, Johnny looks like he's having a root canal.  Also, he’s 25 (probably a young 25) and she’s 31, which can be a big difference at their ages.

I can’t watch Rachel with Tino without seeing Sarah Jessica Parker sucking face with Elvis.  Tino's also Popeye the Sailor Man. See the oversized lower jaw. He has a poor attitude. How dare they make him, the clear frontrunner, wait? As far as Tino's concerned, the deal is closed. Angry dude. Should have told his parents ahead of time to be nice. I'd have loved to see Rachel stand up and walk out..."Thank you all, but I feel interrogated, and I'm not comfortable." If R's choice is not Tino, his father will never hear the end of it, although I don’t think the mother was too damn friendly either.

Aven must have been embarrassed when he showed up for their evening date dressed for a barbeque and in sneakers, while she was dressy. Hello, producers, give these folks some guidance.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 3

Okay, so was Erich planning on catching Gabby before she went “to dinner” with Johnny? Why didn’t she tell Erich that she sent Johnny home because her feelings for Erich are so much stronger? I guess she was still planning on getting it on with Jason—not knowing yet that Jason is less into her than Johnny was even? Again, totally hypocritical after the way they skewered Clayton for “sleeping with both of you and telling all of you I’m falling in love.” I did not like Clayton at all, but I think they owe him a bit of an apology that, okay, I can see how you get caught up in the feelings here.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Tino saying “being away from Rachel is like nails on a chalkboard” doesn’t seem like an apt analogy and he said it twice. 

Johnny turned out to be such a dud. Now, poor Gabby gets to continue her narrative that she is hard to love. Maybe BIP would be good for her so she can show off her bikini collection tho. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Okay, so was Erich planning on catching Gabby before she went “to dinner” with Johnny? Why didn’t she tell Erich that she sent Johnny home because her feelings for Erich are so much stronger? I guess she was still planning on getting it on with Jason—not knowing yet that Jason is less into her than Johnny was even? Again, totally hypocritical after the way they skewered Clayton for “sleeping with both of you and telling all of you I’m falling in love.” I did not like Clayton at all, but I think they owe him a bit of an apology that, okay, I can see how you get caught up in the feelings here.

I don’t think they’re allowed to tell F1 before FRC. I think she just wanted him to trust her and the process. From what I saw of her and Erich, I don’t think she was going to go all out with Jason even if he shows up. But she wanted the opportunity to clarify that just like with Johnny. Maybe she doesn’t need to be at the RC because both Johnny and Jason have left and she’s bawling because she’s not sure Erich is mr right coz he didn’t trust her. Or maybe the whole thing was just producer driven for drama so her F1 doesn’t look so obvious. Jmo. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

But that would mean sacrificing paradise!

Exactly. Johnnys not stupid . And hes just nit ready- i dont blame him at all.

20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I didnt get that whole scene. Erich is so upset inagining gaby being with other guys and she obviously loves him, she of all people should understand how excruciating this is. Ugh.

• Love 2

Looked to me like Rachel strung Aven along, told him she was falling in love w/ him and slept with him because she was unsure if she was going to be able to get past Tino's parents. Then once Tino reassured her about his family, she totally forgot all about Aven.
What a hypocrite - after all the tears she shed over Clayton's behavior.

I wonder if they will show us what happens when Tino finds out she slept with at least one other man? And what happens with Zach? The previews hint at some type of odd drama. Does Tino come barging into their bedroom?🤣

Poor Erich. I can't understand why Gabby didn't just ditch the other two for him.

I'd love for Erich to be the next bachelor. IMO he's the best looking of this years' group.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Looked to me like Rachel strung Aven along, told him she was falling in love w/ him and slept with him because she was unsure if she was going to be able to get past Tino's parents

I mean, I know Rachel said post FS overnight that Aven was packing, wink wink, but do we really think she slept with him in the carnal sense? I do think that if she did, she's just as much a hypocrite as she said Clayton was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I mean, I know Rachel said post FS overnight that Aven was packing, wink wink, but do we really think she slept with him in the carnal sense? I do think that if she did, she's just as much a hypocrite as she said Clayton was. 

Yes, I thought they did actually "sleep together" - at least that was what I thought the show wanted to imply. And Rachel seemed to be telling us it was true with the package talk! I could be wrong though - maybe she learned about his package without completely unwrapping it!🤣
Either way I don't think Tino (and his dad) will approve.😱

• LOL 3

Gabby: "If you're not ready to propose to me after one or two dates, you should leave."

Also Gabby: "You should let me 'explore' intimacy with other men."

I mean, the cognitive dissonance of the men and women on these shows is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

whether or not they "did the deed" they were obviously VERY VERY physically intimate. no difference in my mind. either way shes a hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

whether or not they "did the deed" they were obviously VERY VERY physically intimate. no difference in my mind. either way shes a hypocrite.

Given that Rachel has very little to say in general and almost nothing to say to Aven in particular (seriously their whole conversation was nothing but empty cliche), there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will get physical with all three guys.  No judgment here at all--that's the show--but I agree that there is real cognitive dissonance going on here.  I wonder what's going to happen with Zach--looks like he will get hurt.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Tino gives me bad vibes. His family visit was almost as bad as Hannah Brown's visit to Jed's--actually worse because Jed's family had some snark to go along with their stink eyes while Tino's family had stink eyes and bad style and no entertaining snark. 

Rachel should have Tino move far from his family if they stay together. It isn't her, Tino's dad doesn't look like fun at the best of times. His mother is no bargain either. 

• Love 1
On 9/6/2022 at 3:54 AM, econ07 said:

Gabby: "If you're not ready to propose to me after one or two dates, you should leave."

Also Gabby: "You should let me 'explore' intimacy with other men."

I mean, the cognitive dissonance of the men and women on these shows is amazing.

Like Clare before her, Gabby seems to see the experience like catalog shopping.  The men are all supposed to be there for her, be ready to get engaged and not question the choices she makes on her "journey".  It's like their feelings or "journey" isn't supposed to count.  I understand that she seems very insecure to due her family life, but she is setting herself up for disappointment by equating feeling "loved" with 100% unconditional acceptance.  Even on a dating show, you can't expect a relationship to be that one-sided.  What's worse is that she should know that better than anyone (except Rachel) given that she just experienced life on the other side with Clayton.  I wonder how she would feel if Johnny or Erich called her out the way she did to Clayton?  I understand that he was much more effusive with the "I love you's" but the sense of entitlement (you should love me unconditionally until I decide who I want to be with) is the same.

Edited by leocadia
forgot a word
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

How is Rachel different from Clayton? She proclaimed love & apparently slept with both of them. All Clayton had to do was keep his mouth shut, pick Susie and spare all the bad publicity. But being Clayton, he couldn’t. Aven would be a good bachelor & better than Nate who seems a little sketchy.  For the love of all that’s merciful, put these people in some air-conditioning for filming. 

Don’t these people know by now that the process includes sex in the fantasy suites??  If it’s going to be an issue then don’t apply for the show. It’s not that hard so don’t pretend you didn’t see this coming, Erich.

Edited by limecoke
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Johnny didn’t seem into Gaby. The age difference could be one of the factors, but he also seemed to be holding back or tortured about something. 

I took it that Rachel had sex with Aven. Tino is going to go nuts when he watches the playback, similar to how Emily reacted when she saw Brad and Chantal in the tree house. It won’t be pretty. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Johnny didn’t seem into Gaby. The age difference could be one of the factors, but he also seemed to be holding back or tortured about something. 

I took it that Rachel had sex with Aven. Tino is going to go nuts when he watches the playback, similar to how Emily reacted when she saw Brad and Chantal in the tree house. It won’t be pretty. 

Like when josh found out andi slept with nick ! Oy vey!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree and it seemed like the producers wanted us to think they had sex between showing the morning scene of them in bed and by using Rachel's 'package' clip. They don't always hint so much about whether there was intimacy or not...we did not see Gabby and Erich in bed the following morning. 

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leocadia said:

Like Clare before her, Gabby seems to see the experience like catalog shopping.  The men are all supposed to be there for her, be ready to get engaged and not question the choices she makes on her "journey".  It's like their feelings or "journey" isn't supposed to count. 

Really well said!.  This attitude has permeated both the male and female leads on this show.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So she sailed away without Johnny… about time something like this happened.  It seems forever since Mr Guard and Protect was left on the glacier.  

That’s one thing we didn’t get in this split season, a 2/1 date because those were epic. Kasey was legendary but there’ve been other strandees since then right? Didn’t Becca leave David in the desert, Taylor was left in a swamp, Ashley I was left in the badlands, Chad was left in the woods and I wish he’d stayed there, someone was left on an uninhabited Island. 

The idea of a split season may have sounded cool to them but with the limited time, it’s counterproductive to finding a forever mate which is the end goal advertised but that’s not the mandatory aspiration of most of the contestants which is popularity and has never been productions end goal, that’s just numbers and $ which have been slightly better than Michelle’s season 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by dizzyd
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

That’s one thing we didn’t get in this split season, a 2/1 date because those were epic. Kasey was legendary but there’ve been other strandees since then right? Didn’t Becca leave David in the desert, Taylor was left in a swamp, Ashley I was left in the badlands, Chad was left in the woods and I wish he’d stayed there, someone was left on an uninhabited Island. 

The idea of a split season may have sounded cool to them but with the limited time, it’s counterproductive to finding a forever mate which is the end goal advertised but that’s not the mandatory aspiration of most of the contestants which is popularity and has never been productions end goal, that’s just numbers and $ which have been slightly better than Michelle’s season 🤷🏻‍♀️

agreed! instead of a two on one date, we got a repeat date yesterday with that dumb lover's leap.  Talk about low budget!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Given that Rachel has very little to say in general and almost nothing to say to Aven in particular (seriously their whole conversation was nothing but empty cliche), there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will get physical with all three guys.  No judgment here at all--that's the show--but I agree that there is real cognitive dissonance going on here.  I wonder what's going to happen with Zach--looks like he will get hurt.

Yeah, it really stood out in this episode that Aven is really dull. Rachel's on-camera/on-date persona is pretty Instagram-cliche and plastic, she doesn't say much of interest, but Aven was giving her a run for her money in in the emptiness department. And Rachel's endless monologue leading up to saying she was "falling in love" with him was truly a marathon of nonsense. Get to the point, already! 

I did love the boat with the hot tub on it, that looked like an amazing time. But the rest of this episode was pretty pointless and I really don't care who ends up with who (or who ends up with no one). None of these relationships even seem real by Bachelor standards, the level of relationship seems like what the leads get to by week 4/5 in a regular season. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

agreed! instead of a two on one date, we got a repeat date yesterday with that dumb lover's leap.  Talk about low budget!!

You couldn't pay me to plunge into that awful looking bacteria hole!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Im still struck by gabys stubborness to stick to the script. Meanwhile , erichs sweating it out and she knows hes the one . Its like shes getting back at clayun but with someone else as colatterol. And rachel with the vocal fry. What the heck is she doing? Now i see the flight instructor in her , she has a very condescending way of speaking.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jaundiced Eye said:

Rachel's speech pattern drives me a little nuts. Clay-en, impor-an, me and Aven.

PREACH!!!! Since when did the letter T get removed from the alphabet?? What did it do wrong????

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6