Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E25: HOH #9, Nominations #9

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Why so many DRs from Brittany? Can’t stand her and her stupid voice. These zings suck. These HGs gave us so much material this season, surely they could have come up with better zings. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Kyle and Alyssa “made amends”? That must be the term the kids use nowadays to describe 10 second make-up sex.

Seriously, does she even know what the word means?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

C'mon, Micheal, we all know you will not put morals first. You do whatever it takes to win. You know who else was like that? Paul. And how'd that work out.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lamima said:

C'mon, Micheal, we all know you will not put morals first. You do whatever it takes to win. You know who else was like that? Paul. And how'd that work out.

Paul didn't lose because of morals. Paul lost because he refused to own that he was part of an alliance that sent people out. He kept playing dumb and saying "Friendship" and people knew that he was the deciding vote.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It's just the smart game move to nominate Turner, whether outright or as a replacement nominee.  There's just no smarter move than that.

Then I guess it wasn't a smart move for Turner to cut Kyle.

Why Turner? He's a bigger threat than Taylor who was just saying she wants to be the one to clip Michael for resume purposes?

2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Paul didn't lose because of morals. Paul lost because he refused to own that he was part of an alliance that sent people out. He kept playing dumb and saying "Friendship" and people knew that he was the deciding vote.

He lost because he did nothing for jury management and Michael is also effing that up.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It wasn't, but Turner's situation is much different from Michael's.  Turner was in a no-win situation.  Michael has an easy-win situation . . . and chose not to take it.

Well, Michael has been a wimp about getting blood on his hands which was also Paul's problem (he had others do the work for him). He is a Paul 2.0. JMO

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lamima said:

Well, Michael has been a wimp about getting blood on his hands which was also Paul's problem (he had others do the work for him). He is a Paul 2.0. JMO

He's actually nothing like Paul. He doesn't partake in the kind of bullying that Paul encouraged and goaded. He's a cold gamebot but Paul was hateful.

• Applause 5
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

He's actually nothing like Paul. He doesn't partake in the kind of bullying that Paul encouraged and goaded. He's a cold gamebot but Paul was hateful.

Yeah, true...mostly. His little elitist snark about Terrance driving a bus...he kind of let his hateful side slip there. Maybe he's just better at putting on a mask than Paul was. 

Edited by Lamima
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

All Michael had to say was that five of the seven left were part of an alliance , which everyone knows, and he is nominating two who he wasn’t aligned with.  

Sounds like an ego thing. He wants to be memorable and take risks instead of being boring or safe. That’s why he’s winning comps he doesn’t need to win just so he can beat records. As a watcher, I’m good with the drama. 

• Like 2

The season has been dead for weeks now but they just haven't buried the body. Killed by letting Michael get this deep into the game that he's now unstoppable.

Houseguest: Michael has to win EVERY veto.

Me: He will.

Especially in the double. If he is on the block and doesn't throw a clown shoe without realizing it 100% he will win the veto and escape. I didn't like him before that whole business of strategic info release because his winning all the time sapped the entertainment out of the show. Now I just think he's vile.

Taylor! I can't believe she was trying to sell Brittany on voting out Michael. Using self-hypnosis Brittany can already see the second biggest prize money in check form floating in front of her eyes for occupying that other chair on finale night.

Anyone remember when Zingbot used to be funny? The closest he came was the Alyssa  and Monty zings but he picked the wrong target: Either zing would have applied to Brittany to a T. Boring and a dead weight.

Glad Terrance knew he was being misted and didn't buy into it but its tool little...too late.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Sounds like an ego thing. He wants to be memorable and take risks instead of being boring or safe. That’s why he’s winning comps he doesn’t need to win just so he can beat records. As a watcher, I’m good with the drama. 

I like Michael, but all 3 of his HOH reigns (assuming Terrence goes this week) ended in predictable results. He’s really not all that risky as an HOH.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

He only finally said something because he felt iced out by Kyle.  And everyone sees that, regardless of what he claims.

He's won comps, but his BB run has been so boring and predictable.  He was never a strategist with the Post Pack and Leftovers.  And he is void of any on screen charisma or fun. 

• Love 6

Um, Michael? A little too much movement in the shorts area during the HoH comp. He needs to strap that junk down if he's going to be doing a lot of running around. The poor cameraman had to zoom in really fast when he started jumping up and down after he won. 

An entire segment devoted to everyone targeting Michael. On a Sunday show, when he's HoH. Yeah, good luck with that. 

Should Michael manage to make it to F2 he deserves to win. Nobody this targeted has ever made it that far. 

Zinbbot hasn't been funny for years. Kind of like SNL.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TimWil said:

Kyle and Alyssa “made amends”? That must be the term the kids use nowadays to describe 10 second make-up sex.

8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Seriously, does she even know what the word means?

I knew the Kyle/Alyssa relationship was a 10-second program, but I was unaware it had transitioned into a 12-step program.

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

These people  pretending that Zingbot is crippling them with her incisive wit and shocking shade are ridiculous. Terrible acting! 

Michael’s was pretty nasty.  Looks should be off limits in a game where there are so many behaviors and personalities to snark.  

6 hours ago, eskimo said:

There needs to be a rule that if someone refers to themselves as 'your boy' or 'your girl' in the DR, it's an automatic penalty nomination.  

At this point, I think “your boy” has become interchangeable with “I”, and it doesn’t bother me as much as it used to. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this observation has been made before, but last night I was reminded of the wedding in The Godfather, when everyone wants a private audience with the Don to ask for a favor. Michael had his audience in the HOH room. Players grovel and spill their guts and make promises as he sits there and judges them and decides their fate. Yes, I know this happens with every HOH, but that makes it even more fake and ludicrous. It bothered me more than usual with Michael last night because he is so snarky with his little digs at people.

On another note, I was shocked at Zingbots  zing at him. Very mean sprited to comment on someone's physical appearance.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Did Alyssa actually say that Britany had "leaded" a class?  I knew Alyssa was ignorant from her whole "London is in France, right?" conversation, but this makes her sound stupid as well.  Plus, with Zingbot's "totally useless" zing, Alyssa really had a bad night in this episode!

Michael, Turner, Monte, and Taylor are the 4 players I see as potential winners this season.  Usually at this point in the game, there's maybe only a couple of viable candidates.  I've really enjoyed the cast this season and wouldn't mind any of these 4 as the final winner.  Who'll be in 2nd place - Alyssa or Britany?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Anyone remember when Zingbot used to be funny?

I remember when the zings seemed to be written by someone who was actually watching the show. (Allegedly Kathy Griffin until she cancelled herself.) IMO most of the zings from last night were so generic they could've been used for several of the houseguests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

An entire segment devoted to everyone targeting Michael. On a Sunday show, when he's HoH. Yeah, good luck with that.

They obviously mean when he's not HoH anymore.

So maybe save that segment for then? Seriously, they had nothing else to show us? 

• Like 2

Every season, BB's Zingbot segment continues to be the single most boring waste of time in all of known media.

Michael continues his likely march to victory, and he deserves it. Only a failure by him or Brittany to win either of the comps during next week's double elimination will derail his plans.

Terrance was awfully whiny during the nominations. Why not simply win the damn comp instead of complaining?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Michael continues his likely march to victory, and he deserves it. Only a failure by him or Brittany to win either of the comps during next week's double elimination will derail his plans.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance Michael goes out the door Thursday. He can't play HoH so he will almost certainly be nominated, unless Brittany somehow manages to win. And the Veto might well be some sort of crapshoot comp that anyone can win. The fact that his game relies 100% on winning Veto then HoH again means the odds are against him.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'd say there's a pretty good chance Michael goes out the door Thursday. He can't play HoH so he will almost certainly be nominated, unless Brittany somehow manages to win. And the Veto might well be some sort of crapshoot comp that anyone can win. The fact that his game relies 100% on winning Veto then HoH again means the odds are against him.

I'm calling it right now. Michael goes on the block, Brittany pulls off the most unlikely veto win ever and saves him and protects herself and then the person who survived the 1st eviction goes to jury. We've seen this play out a million times before.

I remember, years ago, when Cody was in the house, he had an ally named Christine who obviously had a big crush on him, even though she was married.  Zingbot came on the show and said something like, "Hey Christine, when you leave the house, Cody's going to give you a going-away present - a restraining order. ZING!!!".  Still the best Zing in BB history! hahaha

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I remember, years ago, when Cody was in the house, he had an ally named Christine who obviously had a big crush on him, even though she was married.  Zingbot came on the show and said something like, "Hey Christine, when you leave the house, Cody's going to give you a going-away present - a restraining order. ZING!!!".  Still the best Zing in BB history! hahaha

It's probably the harshest zing Zingbot ever gave.

"Cody, you're such a nice guy. You haven't made any enemies this season - except for maybe... Christine's husband! Zing!"

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Zingbot was never funny. I'm positive the only reason he gets laughs form the house guests are cause they're locked in the house away from people for 2+ months with no outside contact. It's the very similar to standup comedy where the audience laughs their butt off but if you're watching at home by yourself (which I normally am haha), I'm not laughing as hard (but still laughing) as the audience is. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at any of his Zings.

Michael's a straight up comp beast. It was hilarious watching Tuner as he won it. Don't think anyone saw that coming. They better take a shot at him when they have a chance, or he'll win the whole thing.

Something I've been interesting in was Tiny Home Van (and other vehicles) conversions. I've been watching a lot on YouTube haha, surprised there's no show about this yet. So I decided to check out Turners van on his Instagram page. Besides the TV in it, there's not much else (wasn't really impressed). Hope he takes his jury money and upgrades his van. He is living a good van life besides it!

• Love 2
On 9/4/2022 at 8:58 PM, North of Eden said:

The season has been dead for weeks now but they just haven't buried the body. Killed by letting Michael get this deep into the game that he's now unstoppable.

ETA: Need to preface this with a 'late to this convo' tag obviously... but my points still stand I feel. 🤔

I'm actually going to have to disagree with you here. Yes, there may be little shocking developments down the line but I don't feel it's 'dead'. I am still enjoying watching things play out. I can see how someone might feel that Michael's run through the game = bad teevee but this season imo is far from the death march some seasons (*cough* Derrick *cough*) have become at this point. We've seen SO much worse.

We also don't have anyone ruling the game that is horribly unwatchable (*looks at Cody, Paul, Andy and others*).

To lump this season in with either of those kinds of 'no longer worth watching' seasons just isn't accurate I don't think. Boring maybe? Yeah I guess, but the people are (pending your view with Kyle but to me that was just one skipable 'special episode' and things righted themselves...) decent enough to follow, not brilliant (and yes in some cases painfully dumb) but it's not to in 'not worth wayching for weeks' territory to me.

I'm wondering if maybe it isn't feed watching "worthy" this season and that's what contributes to our differing opinions on the season? I'm def. not trying to put words in your 'mouth' here, I just do know that a lot of people that do come to the threads rely on feed watching to provide their entertainment. Personally, I've never invested time or money into the feeds, so I really don't know what the feeds are like for any given season. I don't approach the show from a "well, this is what they should have shown" angle either so maybe that is our disconnect?

Anyhow just wanted to respond that as far as televised seasons on BB go there have been many many that were, in my opinion, far more difficult to watch play out, even annoying to watch than the current season. I still find it interesting, but as day one fan I still tend to hold to an "Even what might be dubbed 'bad' Big Brother is still decent teevee" and still find them to be worth watching and commenting on here.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, yanksno1 said:

Michael's a straight up comp beast. It was hilarious watching Tuner as he won it. Don't think anyone saw that coming.

Yeah, as I like to say in such situations: That was an ass kicking of biblical proportion. I mean, damn! He was finished before some people had anything past the first three base pieces. And we aren't talking about a puzzle that consisted of four pieces made in your own likeness here. That was a large double sided puzzle. I doubt the people that created it could have physically re-assembled it much faster.

It reminded me of how Johnathan ruled a few comps to unrivaled proportion on Survivor. It was stunning.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1