Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Finding the Groove

• Start Topic

Storm adjusts to his new role as bosun; Natalya vents her frustrations about her Chief Stew; a '70s inspired party for the guests; Natasha shocks the guests; Captain Sandy and Storm try to unwind an anchor tangle.

Bravo Airdate: 09/12/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

I can see Jason being a slacker now and not really fitting in with the deck crew but he did was Sandy told him to do Storm.  It's your fault she had to send someone to tell you to get back to the boat. I think his ego has grown a few sizes since becoming bosun.  He wants to do everything so it's done right or to that effect. 

Wow Natasha is bad at provisions with all that stuff and she keeps ordering more. Maybe focus on your job instead of hugging Dave or checking your phone for texts from your boyfriend.  She's getting nasty messages now from her boyfriend?  Why would she think filling "Steven" up with tequila was a good idea especially when they didn't know what Steven was?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Well, I must admit that Kyle was right about the charter guests not being the sort to enjoy "Steven."  Not only did they not enjoy it; they were visibly repulsed, even going so far as to physically remove it from sight.  I don't generally care for people with GIANT personalities like Kyle, but the man can read the room, and he's made me chuckle on several occasions.  Chef looked good in the wig.  Imagine choosing to shave your head at such an early age.  What a drag.

Oh Natasha.  After the guests finally boarded, she asked them, "Would you like a little tar?"  WTF?  Actually, no.  We don't want any tar.  We're here on vacation.

Edited by Oosala
Edited because of Natasha/Natalya confusion.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Does Kyle think he only has to be nice to guests he wants to sleep with? These girls were annoying but they’re still guests. 

6 hours ago, Oosala said:

Oh Natalya.  After the guests finally boarded, she asked them, "Would you like a little tar?"  WTF?  Actually, no.  We don't want any tar.  We're here on vacation.

I heard her ask if they were tired - that’s what my closed captioning said too. 

Dave’s food really does look amazing. I don’t like Jason but I do kind of feel bad for him. He’s not doing a great job but they’re also making no effort to make him really feel part of the team. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

I’m confused, Steven is Kyles invention and he told the guests aBout it and they asked for Steven.

But Kyle didn’t think the guests would like Steven?

So why did he mention it to them in the first place?

Preference sheet is loaded up with stuff so more chances for crew to mess up.  Natasha over provisioned but she claims it’s based on the Pref sheet.  So maybe more producer shenanigans with the Pref sheet.

Dave still hoping Tasha will be turned off by her bf again and he’ll be right there with a shoulder to cry on?  Well she’s seems flighty and does seem like she’s souring on him.  But to go there again with Dave?  These two need to get away from each other ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, racked said:
23 hours ago, Oosala said:

Oh Natalya.  After the guests finally boarded, she asked them, "Would you like a little tar?"  WTF?  Actually, no.  We don't want any tar.  We're here on vacation.

I heard her ask if they were tired - that’s what my closed captioning said too. 

Natasha was asking if the newly-boarded guests would like "a little tour."  The video then shows Natasha giving them a tour of the boat.  And prior to this, you can hear Captain Sandy tell them she was going to give them a tour of the boat.  The boat tour is the first thing that happens every charter.  I don't know what accent turns "tour" into "tar."  Anyway, agree to disagree and it's not a big deal.

Edited by Oosala
Edited because Nathasha is the chief stew. I think!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Dave still hoping Tasha will be turned off by her bf again and he’ll be right there with a shoulder to cry on?  Well she’s seems flighty and does seem like she’s souring on him.  But to go there again with Dave?  These two need to get away from each other ASAP.

I dread that this is inevitable, because I am liking Dave more out of the Tasha orbit. I enjoyed some of his interview/talking head segments. He does seem to be a pretty solid chef. He isn't Marcos from BD Sailing Yacht, but then who is?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Like box after box of booze being loaded on to the ship, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast…

How many times do you stick a fork into a wall plug before you learn not to do that?  Yet time after time, the crew get blind drunk and complain about the hangover after, while they’re doing a crap job of whatever job they’re supposed to be doing.  Dave earns extra points for staying in the night before and is alert for his work.

Whoa, Queeg can manoeuvre between dolphins and not hit one!  Amazing!  But then Queeg sets up the anchor chain story – hmm, methinks someone is going to get blamed for a mistake later…

Regarding the polishing job he was assigned, Jason says “I didn’t get to it.”  I’m not sure which is worse – the fact he “didn’t get to it” or his attitude about not getting to it.  Regarding pay/tip day, if he didn’t get any money, I’m sure he wouldn’t want to hear the paymaster say “I didn’t get to it.”

Queeg points out to Courtney regarding the anchor placement, “That’s how you want it.”  The theme from “Jaws” just started in my head.  Were being set up for something.

OMG, can Natasha (and others) just put down their freaking phones?!  Imagine how much the quality of work could be improved if not distracted by those stupid phones every few seconds.  I would be instantly fired (and rightly so) if I tried to do something like that.

Oh good Lord, save me from these hens who are guests.  Those grating voices/tones…“You’re beautiful!”  “No, You are!”  “No, YOU are!”  “My botox appointment is for 2 days after we get back!”  “You’re 26, you don’t need that!”  “Oh yes I do!”  <gunshot>  <slump>

Oh, Dave, just as I was getting more respect for you for keeping your head down and doing a good job for the guests, you have to do the pining soliloquy for Natasha.  See above about sticking fork in wall plug.

Natasha waxes nostalgic (metaphorically, obviously) for the 70’s, one of her likes being “No horrible text messages coming through your phone constantly.”  Well, there’s a cure for that Tash – TURN THE BLOODY THING OFF!

I don’t care much for Kyle, but you must admit, he called it correctly with Steven.

Jason laments he isn’t finding “common ground” with the crew regarding his interests.  Jason, mate, the only “interest” you should be concerned about is doing your job – that you’re not doing well.

All this setup for the anchor drama and it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal – won’t be the first time.

What will happen next week?  Will Natasha get off the phone?  Will Jason get off his arse?  Will the hens get engulfed by a freak waterspout that sends them to the land of Oz – oh, wait, that’s another BD show…

Stay tuned, if you can stay awake.  Or woke.  Or whatever…

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Oh good Lord, save me from these hens who are guests.  Those grating voices/tones…“You’re beautiful!”  “No, You are!”  “No, YOU are!”  “My botox appointment is for 2 days after we get back!”  “You’re 26, you don’t need that!”  “Oh yes I do!”  <gunshot>  <slump>

Thanks for these, Tanukisan.  I f*cking love the ending of this one.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2

I thought it was weird that the show kept putting up the usual text message icon, but then it only showed that Tash received messages from her boyfriend. In the past, we've always seen exactly what the messages said. Maybe it was a technical glitch and they couldn't get the content of those messages? Or was it producer shenanigans to create more drama?

These ladies were annoying for sure but I don't like Kyle not giving his all to this charter. I felt like because these guests were not "his people" he felt like he could be dismissive of them. He is a "service queen" and that should be for anyone that sets foot on the boat.

He was right about Steven, but he brought it up in the first place so...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I cannot take anymore of Natasha ping-ponging back and forth between her (ex)-boyfriend and Dave. Now she's getting "nasty" text messages from her (ex)-boyfriend? WTF? There is something seriously wrong with him, and her, and Dave. I really wish Dave could just be over her, he needs to realize what a messy bitch she is. 

I can see Jason being a slacker now and not really fitting in with the deck crew but he did was Sandy told him to do Storm. 

I think Storm's issue was that he didn't come ashore and speak to Storm but rather rode up and yelled at him. But I wondered whether that was because you can't take the wave runner into shallow water. They're pretty heavy, if you ground them on the beach it might be hard to push back into the water.

All this setup for the anchor drama and it really doesn’t look like that big of a deal – won’t be the first time.

Yeah we've seen worse tangles than this.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I cannot take anymore of Natasha ping-ponging back and forth between her (ex)-boyfriend and Dave.

Also many text messages between Magda and her boyfriend on BD Down Under. I think a BD production intern has glommed onto this trick, as if text arguments will add drama to the show.

Edited by pasdetrois
22 hours ago, Jsage said:

I thought it was weird that the show kept putting up the usual text message icon, but then it only showed that Tash received messages from her boyfriend.

For some reason, I got the feeling that Tash was actually ignoring all of those texts and that's why they didn't show the content.  When the texts came in, she threw her phone down.  Meanwhile, her ex was sending, sending, sending and getting no response and, by the time she looked at the messages, he had gotten pissed off.  She needs to tell him "I am working.  Text me at [insert time] your time and we can chat."  And then turn the damn thing off.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think Storm's issue was that he didn't come ashore and speak to Storm but rather rode up and yelled at him. But I wondered whether that was because you can't take the wave runner into shallow water. They're pretty heavy, if you ground them on the beach it might be hard to push back into the water.

That's true but I think he is just looking for a reason to get on Jason.  Granted Jason makes it very easy to complain about.  I never even thought about the wave runner in shallow ground.  That would have been horrible if that happened.

• Love 2

Regarding Steven, I believe Tash mentioned it first when the ladies were in their “tar” and then they brought it up to Kyle at lunch. He was surprised and not that happy about it at the time. The ladies suggested bringing Steven out later at the party. They did not know what Steven was and it didn’t seem to be their cup of tea, once introduced. Personally, I would throw that thing overboard- it shouldn’t be brought out by staff on a luxury yacht.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I do not understand why Hanna was hung out to dry for texting a guest but Kyle openly flirting, kissing, hanging out with on charter with a guest is not even a mention from Sandy, Kyle should have been put on laundry duty on daytime shifts, no night time shifts at all.

So Tash hooked up with Dave on the prior charter, hooked up a little on the current charter then decided she was not in to Dave at all and called and begged to get back with her boyfriend she broke up because of all the cheating they did to each other.  Did we miss the part where she did something to merit nasty texts from her boyfriend?  Why did she have her sister tell that guy to stop constantly texting her instead of texting him to stop or turn off her phone during working hours, why is that never a thought to leave your phone in the cabin while doing your job?  What is it about Tash that makes men want to hate text her so much?

I have never heard crickets at sea before but bringing out that dildo full of tequila to those women made all the sea crickets chirp and do the V-8 head slap real hard.

I feel like we have not seen Sandy in the kitchen sticking her nose in the chef's business at all this season, is it that he has been flawless or she lost interest in being the most annoying captain ever?  Speaking of the chef, he has not had the no carb, vegan, kosher, no onions or garlic, low fat, no seafood, whatever the latest food fad is requests, he can consider himself lucky.

Malta seems like the winds are always a problem, maybe that is why the mega yachts don't use that as a charter base.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Dave was on WWHL last night and said Tash did say "do you want to screw?" not "what a great crew!". And he said they were screwing in the shower and not just talking. 

I saw that too.  I still can't believe what she said about the shower/bathroom 'talk' she claimed they had.  There was her figure in the shower when he entered and his when she left.  I think she likes to assume she can get away with stuff like that with a smile from her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel like we have not seen Sandy in the kitchen sticking her nose in the chef's business at all this season, is it that he has been flawless or she lost interest in being the most annoying captain ever? 

He's made some pretty awful looking cakes (and I'm not necessarily faulting him for this -- being a chef and being a baker are different skill sets and we've all said they should just order from a baker on shore before), but Sandy's been there every time telling him how awesome they look. (RME)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Regarding Steven, I believe Tash mentioned it first when the ladies were in their “tar” and then they brought it up to Kyle at lunch. He was surprised and not that happy about it at the time. The ladies suggested bringing Steven out later at the party. They did not know what Steven was and it didn’t seem to be their cup of tea, once introduced. Personally, I would throw that thing overboard- it shouldn’t be brought out by staff on a luxury yacht.

ITA!  Steven is not everyone's cup of tea, and these ladies did not strike me as down with PDA using a dildo.  What made Tash think it would be a good idea to not only pull it out but to fill it with vodka (tequila) and ask who wants to suck it out?   Ewww, how clean is that thing?  Tash should have listened to the Kyle, he called it correctly.  And shocker, the ladies were not impressed.  I personally would not care for it if I was at a strip club probably but not after dinner on the upper deck of a yacht.  She is not very bright is she.

Speaking of Kyle, he needs to back off the bad attitude just because his boy toy is gone.  These clients have not been assholes or demanding so lighten up on them and make their experience fun and memorable.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel like we have not seen Sandy in the kitchen sticking her nose in the chef's business at all this season, is it that he has been flawless or she lost interest in being the most annoying captain ever? 

If Sandy hovers over the chef and dining room, viewers blast her.

If she doesn't hover over the chef and dining room, viewers blast her!

3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Dave was on WWHL last night and said Tash did say "do you want to screw?" not "what a great crew!". And he said they were screwing in the shower and not just talking. 

Busted!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2022 at 7:44 PM, Tanukisan said:

Oh, Dave, just as I was getting more respect for you for keeping your head down and doing a good job for the guests, you have to do the pining soliloquy for Natasha.  See above about sticking fork in wall plug.

Natasha waxes nostalgic (metaphorically, obviously) for the 70’s, one of her likes being “No horrible text messages coming through your phone constantly.”  Well, there’s a cure for that Tash – TURN THE BLOODY THING OFF!

She couldn't possibly turn it off, she lives for the drama.

I work in family law and many, many years ago had a file that involved an absolutely toxic couple whom a psychologist described as being "fascinated" with each other and with the idea that they were this dramatic, volatile pairing that everyone around them talked about. I'm getting the same vibe from Natasha. Just from what we've seen on the show, it seems like she cycles around in a pattern of starting a secretive relationship, drawing attention to it, feigning that she doesn't want to talk about it even as she appears to be exclusively interested in talking about it, backing away, getting a reaction from backing away that then becomes the topic of conversation with those around her, and then retreating to a different (new or old) partner and starting the cycle again.

None of it seems to make her particularly happy, but it does seem like she gets her batteries charged by being the person in the room with the personal life that's so.dramatic.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Does anyone know why Tash was trimming the pineapple?

At my house, we trim off the bits that the cat has chewed on.  My cats like to prune.

On WWHL Dave also mentioned that after the show ended, he went to work for World Central Kitchen in Ukraine and really liked it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

At my house, we trim off the bits that the cat has chewed on.  My cats like to prune.

On WWHL Dave also mentioned that after the show ended, he went to work for World Central Kitchen in Ukraine and really liked it.

Yes, I'm glad you mentioned that.  Among all the drama and messiness of reality tv, when someone on our shows does good works, it's important to acknowledge it and spread the news. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Does anyone know why Tash was trimming the pineapple?

I think it was purely aesthetics.  At one point, I noticed that she had trimmed a ... leaf? ... into a tiny spear.

15 hours ago, Nunyabiznis said:

Pineapple leaves can be used as garnishes in many tropical drinks.  They look really cool when you add them to a Mai tai or a piña colada.

This makes much more sense. 

• Love 1