Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: How's it Going to Be

• Start Topic

It didn't end with a bang or a whimper....but a meh.

I think they wanted this to be a 2 hour finale, given how they shoehorned SO MUCH plots into 42 minutes.  And somehow the pace STILL dragged.

There was not enough Kyle. 

I'm kind of glad to know that the actor who plays Alex had to step away due to his health, otherwise I'd be complaining about how obvious it was that a lot of his scenes were inserts and in some cases, he wasn't even there and his reaction shots were shot later.  For a groom, we barely saw him at the wedding/reception.

They had a song from Dawson's Creek/WB?  Good lord.  The cliches never end.  And we didn't even get to hear Michael sing it.  Boo.

But the green alien/groom decorations on the cupcake were adorable.

Max has to go home because of Oasis needing help.  I don't know why he doesn't just go through the stargate, light the flame and then be home in time for dinner?  

Why did they bring Shiri back just to waste her?  I am sure she was expensive.  And I know the writers can do what they want, but it seemed to me that Michael just driving out of town and being okay with Max leaving, and Isobel content to stay in Roswell.

Show, you had so much potential and a pretty good cast. I don't know what was going on BTS (maybe someday we'll find out), but it was a mess, and I wish it had been better.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Max has to go home because of Oasis needing help.  I don't know why he doesn't just go through the stargate, light the flame and then be home in time for dinner?  

As much as I love this post👆, hee, I was glad it ended with them apart because I never felt anything when they were together. 

If this show's runners somehow managed to get it picked up elsewhere, I hope they'd at least recast Max. It would be easy to have him come back inhabiting a different body. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If this show's runners some managed to get it picked up elsewhere, I hope they'd at least recast Max. It would be easy to have him come back inhabiting a different body. 

I don’t think it’s Nathan. I think it’s the way he was written. When Nathan doubled as Jones, he was awesome.  

Also there would have been no chance in hell that Michael and Isobel would have just been like, “yep! See ya Max! Off to our home planet all by your self!” 

There definitely could have been a season 5. Hell, this entire season could have been done on Oasis with Max coming into his own, saving the planet, and then going the hell home. And did we ever get an answer on what the alighting was???

Edited by Katesgr811
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

It was an ok ending, they wrapped up a lot.

I don't think Michael would just go on a honeymoon and say ok Max you go Oasis alone. Isobel too, them just letting him go alone wasn't in their character.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

They could have at least done another season where Max was on Oasis & if he could even save it & then they could have shown him & Dallas coming back home again.

Was just kind of a sad ending really & I don't think Liz could have gone through the portal as she's not an alien.

• Love 1

It was fine. I loved Liz .. er..  Shiri putting on the Crash Down antene. But otherwise, it felt like a lot of rushing to end points. 

I don't hate that Malex got their wedding. I don't care but I don't mind. But did it have to be so much of the show? Also, WTF was with barely giving Kyle and Isobel any time on screen? For fuck's sake, Maria and Dallas got more screen time and, as much as I wanted Maria happy, half of that paring was a character we met last season. They didn't even have KIzzy kiss during their 1 half a scene. Gaaah!

• Love 3

Pretty good finale, especially after such a meh season. I am mostly just happy that Isobel and Kyle are finally together and now that the show is done they cant be split up to cause some cheap drama, and I am happy with all of the couples. Although I would have really liked it if Liz had gone to Oasis with Max and Dallas, Max is always saying how he would follow her anywhere and she could prove that she would do the same. Plus, lots of alien science, she would love that. I also thought it was weird how cool Michael and Isobel were about letting Max go off to their dying home planet to fix things without them. Especially Michael, who has always been pretty obsessed with his home world. 

Naming the kid "Savior"? Really? Your just trying to give the kid a complex right away aren't you? 

If nothing else, I do actually like this finale more than the OG Roswell finale. It was nice seeing Shiri, even if it was at the very end of the episode of the very last season, I really hoped that she would have more of a role. Her putting on the antennas was at least cute, that made me really smile. 

"I have to go, my planet needs me."-Max Evans, 2022

• Like 1
  • Love 1