Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Mr. and Mrs. and Mrs. . . . and Mrs.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

WHAT kind of hold did Bert have on her? They couldn't even speak to each other!

This is the part that confounds me the most. Its a fascinating aspect of human nature that we see on shows such as 90DF, etc. ... people using translator apps for months or years, and managing to "fall in love" with the other person.    

It boggles my mind. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

This commitment ceremony is nauseating.

Is Nick a cult leader?

Nick deserves rounds of applause? (For thinking, probably.)

Nick sexes up loves multiple women better than anyone ever could?

Nick is the king of their hearts?

One of his wives wants to bow to him?

This Nick is the best Nick he can be? Wow, that's...unfortunate.

I should think of something nice to say...at least Nick took off his pimp-tastic fedora for the ceremony?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I believe Dani said so herself when talking to her family during their visit to the house.

Then later, in their confessional, she said to Ick, "Thousands and thousands..." 

3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Brazilian Bombshell?

The Bombshell dropped a bombshell! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 9/5/2022 at 9:07 PM, CSunshine76 said:

WHY is Danielle reacting as though someone suddenly died in a terrible accident? She didn’t want to share her nasty husband to begin with. I do NOT understand this reaction! Viewers saw it from a mile away!

All of the hysterics, all the crying, lots of dabbing at the eyes, and yet no tears.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:00 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Lolll at her ugly black sandals and love that they zoomed in on them

Getting married in Tevas!  HAHAHA

On 9/5/2022 at 10:28 PM, Cancun said:

I want to know if Ick sent the $9800, and then told Ddddddd afterwards. Maybe didn’t tell Ddddd until after they got the breakup text…had to confess a critical piece of evidence as they processed the aftermath. Just curious about the financial balance of power in their house.

I read that they have filed for bankruptcy, recently!  So where are they getting all of this money to send to her??

On 9/5/2022 at 10:38 PM, South said:

I was more than a little stunned when he dropped the ball while trying to describe how beautiful Danielle looked on everybody’s special day.  I think he may have been reaching for Diana or Venus or maybe a Rubenesqe maiden.  But he flubbed.  Back to the books.

I missed that, what did he say?

On 9/5/2022 at 11:11 PM, magemaud said:

Don’t forget he’d be doing all this searching via a translation app. 

Would he take a bouquet of roses to a candy store and hope the proprietor recognized her photo? 

And the proprietor is like, "you're like the 10th guy this week to come looking for her!"  

🤣

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am watching now.  The wedding dresses are  . . . special.  They look so cheap.  I noted that April and danielle's families were not able to attend "because it happened so quickly."  Sure, Nick.  That's what the big thinker came up with. 

Dannielle's hysteria over Bert - there are no words. To have her son film her breakdown was so terrible. How can these people love someone so deeply that they cannot even communicate with. For the first time on this show, Ick is not in a puddle of tears. How did they not see this coming? Everyone else did. 

If Dannielle is right that God did this for a purpose, maybe it's telling you to not look for another partner. Meanwhile Ick sits there with his mouth open.  Then Ick shares that his great desire to bed Bert made him and Dannielle so much closer.  Yeah, no.  It gave them something else to focus on while the avoided dealing with the real issues in their relationship. They made complete fools of themselves on national TV. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13

I read that they have filed for bankruptcy, recently!  So where are they getting all of this money to send to her??

Between sending Bert all that money and building a brand new, giant house for her, no wonder they are bankrupt.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’m watching a second time.  I told myself that I needed to watch a particular segment so that I could answer a question posed to me.  Observations:  I’m now not convinced that Bert scammed them in total.  Maybe she didn’t need to ask for or accept the final installment, but I’m not certain she was on the take, simply because of facial expressions she made at their ‘no kiss friends’ dinner.  It was so subtle, I don’t know that it could be faked.  I think she will be back.  Annnnd, about the ratty-ass Chacos… I did spy three pairs of fancy schmancy womens dress shoes lined up in the brides suite.  So maybe she switched to the sandals for dancing.  But really, Danielle, Chacos?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Kenyatta, the officiant is an advisor to the Davis family.  Wtf?  That was a weird walk down the aisle.  They are flaky as all get-out, but dang, they are a happy bunch, and they seem to get one another.  I’d still love to live across the street from them.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Cancun said:

Didn’t they say Bert had initially texted Ick with the breakup, but the text we heard was one sent to Ddddd after she begged Bert to not do it?  So we don’t know what Bert said to Ick…and maybe it was something that fueled his anger vs. hurt. 

Unfair!  We should get to see what all the texts said!!!

My question is this:  did they say he and Bert were married?  Wouldn't they need a divorce then?

I hope we get to see Nick's gang search for Danielle's wife next season 😄

I appreciated this finale focusing only on the couples I was interested in!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

All of the hysterics, all the crying, lots of dabbing at the eyes, and yet no tears.

I miss that, what did he say?

And the proprietor is like, "you're like the 10th guy this week to come looking for her!"  

🤣

Nick said that Danielle “looks like some character out of mythology or something like that”.  Where was his command of the English language?  His vast and deep knowledge of the mythologies of the world’s peoples?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
19 minutes ago, South said:

Kenyatta, the officiant is an advisor to the Davis family.  Wtf?  That was a weird walk down the aisle.  They are flaky as all get-out, but dang, they are a happy bunch, and they seem to get one another.  I’d still love to live across the street from them.

It's like having Jeanne Dixon as one's personal astrologer, like a certain President and First Lady reportedly had.  

They are flaky.  But they do seem happy.

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

What surprised me the most was that Garrick didn't shed a tear.  I thought he'd be the one doing most of the bawling.  But nothing.  However, he seemed angry and actually said that he believed she planned it all along.  It would appear the love is gone.  

Right.  Their individual reactions were the complete opposite of what I expected.  Role reversals.  It was so odd.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, South said:

They are flaky as all get-out, but dang, they are a happy bunch, and they seem to get one another.  I’d still love to live across the street from them.

That's what I used to say about Kody Brown's family, and we all know how that turned out.  Ah well.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Unfair!  We should get to see what all the texts said!!!

My question is this:  did they say he and Bert were married?  Wouldn't they need a divorce then?

They had a commitment ceremony when they were in Mexico.  It was not a legal marriage. 

More and more I think Dannielle is just incredibly lonely.  She really seemed to want a close friend, even if it was a friend who was boinking her husband as God commanded.  Bert tried to blame her decision on Ick kissing Lea.  At the same time, she put off getting her visa and making travel plans without knowing that, so I think it was a convenient excuse.  Now that she's blown the visa process, I could see her showing up in their lives again claiming to love them and being really sorry.  Anything to get a few more dollars out of these fools. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That's what I used to say about Kody Brown's family, and we all know how that turned out.  Ah well.

I always thought that the Browns made it work, to a point.  The women seemed to be great together.  I never cared for Doucheface, on the other hand.  He was petulant and self-centered from the get-go.  Nick?  Well, Nick is a buffoon, but I don’t find him toxic at this point in the game.  Just a thought… what if we still find ourselves tuning in to watch ANY of our SSW friends in 10-15 years from now, just like the Browns?  Oy.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1

Honest to goodness Clairbel & Howdy Doody how may red flags did you need that Bert was not going to come to the U.S. but if she actually did she would bring over ALL of her family and screw you over even more. And WTF, they are trolling for another wife in Brazil again? These two are totally brain dead or the TLC money and trips outweigh them making asses of themselves on TV and get money to build that dream house.

The Davises seem happy together?

Insipid & Squeeky are still engaged to Ariel, this seems like a set up as well. Filming friends for sure but nothing more.

Looks like boat boy and Brenda have dropped giggle girl and are trying to find someone else for next season. hope they won’t be back.

Papa Smurf and the Smurfetts, no one cares about your absurdity, go away.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Let’s face it. She could never compete with Nick’s shoes.

Danielle was the only “bride” in a short dress and I noticed, for her size, she has nice legs at least from the knees down. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Can someone please explain to me why Jesus “dying on the cross for our sins” has anything to do with justifying polygamy? 

This show has nothing to do with any “beliefs”,  just horny men and women and money grubbing grifters.

• Applause 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I believe Dani said so herself when talking to her family during their visit to the house.

The Merryfields admitted that they financially supported Bert for over three years, because she had to take care of her sick mom and was unable to work.  They paid for her living expenses, braces and some of her mom’s medical bills. Her mother looked healthy to me, so I have a feeling Bert lied to them whenever she wanted to get a little extra. If they were to tally the amount they sent her over the years, I bet it would be at least $75G.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Hey TLC, I see your fancy, bedazzled mens shoes, and I’ll raise you a pair of womens Chacos/Tevas, if you’ll pleeeease bring this long suffering bunch of viewers, a married WOMAN seeking additional husbands, with the blessing (or not) of her current husband.  Come on TLC, where is the love??!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Between sending Bert all that money and building a brand new, giant house for her, no wonder they are bankrupt.

I guess no money left for the kids college fund, what irresponsible fools.

6 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I agree 100%. I was thinking the same thing. Poor boys, they are innocent and have to be in the middle of this mess. 😢 

I was too busy laughing and missed that….poor boys. They also blew through all their money and there is likely little to nothing left for those children. They need to get their priorities straight. 

• Love 6

I don't for one second believe that Wooly Willy, er, Marcus is still dating Janae and Bina.  I think he claims that he is in yet another effort to prove that all the women in the world want him.  They do not. 

At least boat boy Steve is supposedly dating his high school sweetheart.  That means she is much closer to his age than his son's age.  Of course, will she be able to handle the overwhelming excitement of spending time with Brenda, Steve's own little Eeyore?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I missed that, what did he say?

🤣

Maybe ick took out a home equity loan and has been sending $$$ to her that way. 

Re a home equity loan. All owners have to sign. An amount of equity is allowed to be withdrawn. 

Say you both sign for a $50,000 home equity loan to do home improvements.  You only use $20,000.  $30,000 is available to either owner to write checks on. 

So in conclusion…

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

FYI - The Merrifield's bankruptcy was in 2014 which is why it is not a spoiler.  That was before they met the Brazilian Bombshell, Roberta. Regardless, they certainly have no common sense when it comes to money or anything. 

Just like the Brown Clowns.  Money mismanagement all over the place.  Fools, all of them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I have to say, this week's episode really delivered. Danielle throwing herself into dry tear hysterics over Bert. I wonder if all the, I've been betrayed energy, is because she is just catching onto how much money Garrick spent on Bert. No way do these two buy a clue and go back to monogamy. Ick will be back on the internet looking for 3rds shortly.

The outfits at Nick's commitment ceremony. Good grief. All four of them think dressing the pregnant one up as a belly dancer was a good idea. Maybe they really are meant to be together.

Edited by TooMuchRealityTV
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I am watching this a day or so later.  I have always thought that Bert’s intent was to bounce Danielle to the curb and be the only wife.  Lea was the deal breaker when Bert realized she had no hope of being the only wife.  I don’t understand the caterwauling about this.  We all knew this was coming a year ago, that she wasn’t coming.  I feel sorry that they were lied to, but this is among the dangers of these things.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am still thinking about the not-actually-a-wedding of the century.  Nick says April and Danielle's families cannot be there because they planned it so quickly.  April says she is estranged from most of her family because they do not approve of her relationship.  I guess the big thinker didn't think about making sure they were using the same script. Nor did he think through that saying they planned this quickly, keeping Danielle's family from being able to attend is a major red flag for getting someone into a relationship. All he is thinking about is being supported by multiple women and playing out his puppy pile fantasies in the bedroom. 

My one plus, I thought Danielle's makeup looked very nice. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am still thinking about the not-actually-a-wedding of the century.  Nick says April and Danielle's families cannot be there because they planned it so quickly.  April says she is estranged from most of her family because they do not approve of her relationship.  I guess the big thinker didn't think about making sure they were using the same script. Nor did he think through that saying they planned this quickly, keeping Danielle's family from being able to attend is a major red flag for getting someone into a relationship. All he is thinking about is being supported by multiple women and playing out his puppy pile fantasies in the bedroom. 

My one plus, I thought Danielle's makeup looked very nice. 

I'm surprised that we weren't "treated" to Marcus and India's "wedding."  At the end, it said that this event wouldn't be until November.  So maybe it will be on next season, if there is another season?

Do we think Boat Boy will corral his prom date into their group?  At least she might not be a giggly schoolgirl like April, being older.

Will Sidian's fantasy girl actually make the trip?  Hmmm...

I'd really like to know the amount of money that Ick and Dnn sent to Bert.  Ick got screwed both ways, it seems.  And now they are looking at another woman from Brazil?

Some people never learn.

• Love 4

Bert the scammer!  Danielle should be boo hooing about all the money they got scammed out of instead of boo hooing about losing a sister wife!

I bet Bert and her mother might get a gig on Dr Phil show. He loves scammers!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Danielle throwing herself into dry tear hysterics over Bert.

There was a moment there when I thought she was going to vomit. 

Also - they were with Bert for three AND A HALF years. Every time that Dannielle brought this up, I thought of a small child that insists on adding the "half" to his age whenever asked. Not one year. Not two. Not three. Three AND A HALF!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe ick took out a home equity loan and has been sending $$$ to her that way. 

Re a home equity loan. All owners have to sign. An amount of equity is allowed to be withdrawn. 

Say you both sign for a $50,000 home equity loan to do home improvements.  You only use $20,000.  $30,000 is available to either owner to write checks on. 

So in conclusion…

We’ve no idea if Dddd is or ever was even on the mortgage for her signature to even be required.  Ick could have gotten a HELOC without having to consult her.  Likewise, he may have used the funds from the construction loan on the new luuuv nest.  Progress has appeared to be slow lately.

• Useful 2