Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E24: Eviction #8

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Well, I'm glad that mess is behind us.

Michael skated away basically without giving a good reason for withholding the information. Monty's got his number but he's telling it to Taylor who is probably still in a final 3 with them. It's probably too late...either by veto or by HOH that creep will get his hand rubbing self all the way to the end. 

If Probst had been hosting he would have said "Do we even need to take a vote?"

One does have to wonder...if last season the meatsacks like Clair The Cookout were using as their dupes had discovered what was up before it was too late  would we have had a similar house meeting and very special episode? The world will never know but if I had to guess it would be no.

I wish I hadn't heard that Turner's sister has pegged him as the real racist because I think he deserves to be roasted over Kyle.

Kyle: I've never been to a bar. made me laugh as part of his explanation.

C'Mon Alyssa...we saw what you did there....the breakup is a desperate attempt not to get Cancelled By Association.

Michael is loathsome....just because it can't be said enough.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4
Just now, Gemma Violet said:

I sorta liked Julie's outfit. 😳

I didn't hate it.  On my screen her top looked like a very lemony lemon yellow, not that screaming highlighter yellow that was in the tweet.  I'm not a fan of shoulder cut-outs in general, so there's that, but it wasn't awful.

• Like 1

Will someone please explain the difference between Kyle and Taylor statement. Why can Taylor bring race issues into the game by saying she won't put up a BLACK female? Hasn't she made it racial with her statement? It's a FACT that last year the cookout made it a racial alliance. All I heard Kyle say was could it be possible in this game that another alliance could happen again, fact it could happen again.  

• Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

There is a RED notice in all CAPS right above the reply box that says "NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS".  Posts will be removed and warnings will be issued if this continues; so please stop.

I found this episode to be an embarrassment. OK Kyle is stupid and concluded another Cookout was being formed even though there was no evidence for that conclusion. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But to have a house meeting that turned into a racial sensitivity session I found preposterous. 

I do not watch the feeds so I have no idea what Kyle has said to make him a racist. However, after watching this I felt like Kyle would have happily committed self flagellation to atone for his sins. 

This does not help race relations. It makes the participants look foolish in this "conversation." A more productive conversation would have been a serious one one about Sundown towns, the assassinations of Huey Newton and John Huggins, the brave Dorothy Counts and the murder of Carole Jenkins, the murder of Emmett Till and the Mississippi three, Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner.

Kyle's behavior is not worth a discussion on this foolish show. There have been serious incidents of racism and while Kyle may or may not be a racist.... this episode tonight will not change or impact anything in the real world. Education about black history will and should. 

I was embarrassed watching this stupidity.  I think Julie is a moron too. I guarantee she does not even know who Elaine Brown is. 

What assholes. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Kyle's not sorry for his views. He's sorry people think he's wrong.  He's sorry he's being called on it.

It very much seemed that way during that Monte/Kyle discussion where Monte is trying to explain to Kyle what it's been like for him as a black man and Kyle just keeps nodding and going "Uh huh, uh huh," almost like he's relating to it. I used to do that on the phone with my mom when the conversation went on too long, too. Uh huh, yeah, whatever you say just make the pain stop.

I dunno - I appreciate Monte and Terrance trying to turn this into a learning opportunity for Kyle but at the same time, why is the onus of education on the black HGs? I think maybe I'm too cynical to buy this whole soft music and tears redemption of a 29 year old white man who tries to claim ignorance because he still lives in his mommy's basement. The grace should be extended to the people who have to live with this shit every single day of their lives, in and out of the game, over some social media twerker who is going to release a "statement" when he leaves the house, maybe make a TikTok about "how much I learned from this experience" and then go about his life, business as usual.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

This does not help race relations. It makes the participants look foolish in this "conversation." A more productive conversation would have been a serious one one about Sundown towns, the assassinations of Huey Newton and John Huggins, the brave Dorothy Counts and the murder of Carole Jenkins, the murder of Emmett Till and the Mississippi three, Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner.

Racism or prejudice is most insidious when presented as Kyle’s ‘whoopsie’ did I deny someone advancement based on their race—who knew?!  It’s not just the obviously heinous instances you cite. It’s also the less obvious denial and degradation & loss of opportunities that Kyle’s ‘thinking’ that causes so much long term damage as well. To say ‘ welp nobody died because of him’ is to miss the boat entirely. 

Edited by pennben
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

OMG, Kyle didn't just put his foot in his mouth, he threw his whole leg in there. He just doesn't get it. Seems to me he's more hung up on being identified as and called a racist than trying to understand why making assumptions about POC based on stereotypical attributes--when you're not a POC--is racism.

I hope this is the last season The Cookout has to be relitigated by the houseguests. IMO CBS enabled and encouraged The Cookout to happen by casting an usually large number (relative to other BB seasons) of Black houseguests. I think due to the events associated with the BLM movement, CBS had a network-wide diversity effort and engineering a Black winner of BB was part of that effort. Something like The Cookout has close to zero chance of ever happening again. (There may be another Black winner, however; I doubt it'll be this season though.)

I'll give Kyle points for going out with some semblance of class. But wow is he delusional if he thinks he's got it all figured out now, or that Monte, Taylor, and Terrance granted him absolution. They seemed to be as conscious of being on camera as he was, and were likely also trying to protect their own reputations for when the season is over.

This does not help race relations. It makes the participants look foolish in this "conversation."

I doubt it was intended to help race relations, but rather it was an attempt by CBS to silence the continuing critics of The Cookout by letting Kyle be a scapegoat. Meanwhile, Michael and Brittany seemed to have skated free, for now anyway.

Wonder when they're going to show the people in the jury house? I can't wait to see how Joseph reacts when he learns why Kyle got evicted.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

IMO CBS enabled and encouraged The Cookout to happen by casting an usually large number (relative to other BB seasons) of Black houseguests.

So, the diversity initiative (network wide for all reality shows) to include a more representative number of minorities is the issue, not the fact that a diversity initiative was need based on history on this show??!!

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Julie’s outfit is a hard no from me, dawg.

I never notice what Julie is wearing, but there was no missing this one. It was all but shouting at me.

5 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, Kyle, just because you've never been to a bar isn't an excuse for being ignorant about racism in 2022 America. 

But it could be his excuse for being bad at sex?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6

A few thoughts:

1. WTG Kyle; walking out the FD should be one of the easiest parts of BB, and you almost managed to screw THAT up.  Swear to god I thought the door actually WAS going to hit you where the good lord split you.
  2. Ok Michael, now you better just pray Production doesn’t start dragging out every crapshoot comp they can find in the basement - because the moment you’re vulnerable, you’re toast.
  3. Brittany, you’re not far behind Michael to be sure - never are, for that matter - but I do have to confess a certain curiosity: just exactly what did you do to piss off the ENTIRE camera crew?  Because their chosen angles and shots of you certainly aren’t doing you any favors.
  4. Yo Turner; Dorothy called, mad as hell - she wants you to give Toto back, but get those damn braids out of his hair before you do.  And spine-wise I’ve seen more structural stability in a willow tree being hit by a Tennessee twister.
  5. Terrance, I’ve seen more constancy in an active washing machine.  And lest you forget, let me remind you - we already knew Joseph was your primary target LONG before Kyle started flapping his gums.
  6. Alyssa: somebody ought to write you a reference letter for the NRC, because you’ve certainly proven yourself proficient in the jettisoning of toxic waste.  The interview for the position would have to be in Newark, though.  Is your passport current…?
  7. Monte: validation of your suspicions is nice, I know - but I don’t think you need to keep telling everyone how this impacts you AND Taylor; I’m sure her jaw works independently just fine.
  8. Taylor, stay classy - or, failing that, Lays Classic.
  9. Ms. Julie: if we start now we can both be in Tijuana by the afternoon, divorced by evening, and married by Sunday.  Tell no one, and travel light.
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

A few thoughts:

1. WTG Kyle; walking out the FD should be one of the easiest parts of BB, and you almost managed to screw THAT up.  Swear to god I thought the door actually WAS going to hit you where the good lord split you.
  2. Ok Michael, now you better just pray Production doesn’t start dragging out every crapshoot comp they can find in the basement - because the moment you’re vulnerable, you’re toast.
  3. Brittany, you’re not far behind Michael to be sure - never are, for that matter - but I do have to confess a certain curiosity: just exactly what did you do to piss off the ENTIRE camera crew?  Because their chosen angles and shots of you certainly aren’t doing you any favors.
  4. Yo Turner; Dorothy called, mad as hell - she wants you to give Toto back, but get those damn braids out of his hair before you do.  And spine-wise I’ve seen more structural stability in a willow tree being hit by a Tennessee twister.
  5. Terrance, I’ve seen more constancy in an active washing machine.  And lest you forget, let me remind you - we already knew Joseph was your primary target LONG before Kyle started flapping his gums.
  6. Alyssa: somebody ought to write you a reference letter for the NRC, because you’ve certainly proven yourself proficient in the jettisoning of toxic waste.  The interview for the position would have to be in Newark, though.  Is your passport current…?
  7. Monte: validation of your suspicions is nice, I know - but I don’t think you need to keep telling everyone how this impacts you AND Taylor; I’m sure her jaw works independently just fine.
  8. Taylor, stay classy - or, failing that, Lays Classic.
  9. Ms. Julie: if we start now we can both be in Tijuana by the afternoon, divorced by evening, and married by Sunday.  Tell no one, and travel light.

Zing!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I sorta liked Julie's outfit. 😳

I sort of did too.  I was much struck by the fact that her high strappy yellow(!) heels mirrored the strappy top of her shirt.  And as someone who sews, I was super-intrigued by how well the cutout part fit.  No gapping (well, other than the intentional gaps, heh), no too-tight-cutting in, etc.  

• Love 1

Well that was more balanced than I expected, but it still leaned pretty heavily into woobifying poor widdle Kyle.

Michael skated away basically without giving a good reason for withholding the information. 

Let's break that down though, because what is the preferred alternative? There was never going to be a good time for Michael or Brittany to share this info because it was always going to look like they were doing so for their own selfish gain, whether they did it the minute it came up or two weeks after the fact. There was always going to be the chance Kyle would deny it and they would look like horrible liars. And they didn't really need to do it this time anyway because they were both safe. So I don't really care that they decided to throw Kyle under the bus because they took a huge risk not to save themselves but to save either Taylor or Monte.

The other alternative is that they said nothing, in which case Monte or Taylor would have been evicted, and Kyle and Alyssa probably would have waltzed their way to the final 2. Which - I guarantee you - is what the show would have preferred. They've been shoving this showmance down our throats ever since it started, they only decided to address the Kyle issue when it became a big story in the media, and soft-pedaled it as much as they could.

So yeah, Michael and Brittany "sat on" this info for awhile but even if they'd run straight to the other HGs the second Kyle started spewing conspiracy theories about another Cookout and suggesting an all-white counter alliance, they still would have been accused of being Machiavellian villains for doing so. There was no win for them in this.

• Applause 2
  • Love 15

So, the diversity initiative (network wide for all reality shows) to include a more representative number of minorities is the issue, not the fact that a diversity initiative was need based on history on this show??!!

Well, that would be one interpretation of what I said.

My point, perhaps insufficiently made, is that The Cookout didn't spring fully formed out of the heads of the Black houseguests from last season, IMO it was planned and set up to happen by CBS. I think Kyle or any other houseguest's subsequent assumption that every time there are more than two Black/POC houseguests another Cookout is imminent misplaces a significant part of the credit/blame/whatever. So here we are this season watching production try to clean up their mess by pretending to give voice to certain Cookout naysayers via clueless Kyle.

CBS allowed 20+ seasons to go by without a Black BB winner and I think they only engineered one to occur because of sudden societal pressure associated with the BLM movement. The network has a long history of not being attentive (at best) to positive representations of POC. Their spending a year or two doing some pointed things to trying to look better on that score doesn't get a pass from me.

BB is the only CBS reality show I watch so I can't speak to whether diversity needed to be addressed across all of them. I am however familiar with a couple of daytime soaps and am aware of some truly boneheaded moves CBS has pulled over the past couple of years in an attempt to make all the Black characters more look like high achievers. (Which had to start with the unspoken premise that most of them were relative slackers or otherwise inferior, and had been justifiably kept in "their place." Um, no. )

Perhaps CBS wants to do the right thing by POC on their shows but they don't know how without creating other problems. Or maybe their fumbles are not bugs but features. Either way, at least Xavier got the $750K prize last year. And Taylor will likely win the $50K AFP this year after having been made the season 24 poster child for race-based microaggressions. Meanwhile, CBS will laugh all the way to the bank with their millions of advertising dollars.

Big Brother is in devastating need of a completely new set of producers

Understatement of the century. CBS as a whole could probably use a good housecleaning. Getting rid of Julie's husband apparently wasn't enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There was never going to be a good time for Michael or Brittany to share this info because it was always going to look like they were doing so for their own selfish gain, whether they did it the minute it came up or two weeks after the fact. 

Maybe there never was a good time for M/B’s reveal of Kylegate - but there was definitely a better time to do it, and that would have been ASAP:

1. Michael and Brittany’s story is this: they heard Kyle’s pitch about 2 weeks prior and immediately recognized its real-world implications, but were conflicted on how to relate it to the other HGs - which is why they sat on it for so long until Their Moral Compasses® dictated they should tell the other HGs right now.
  2. Thing is, though: if their primary concern had truly been for the social gravity of the exposed issues - both in and out of the House - then the appropriate moral response would have been unambiguous; warn the other HGs of Kyle’s intimations IMMEDIATELY, before game decisions could be made without the benefit of full transparency.
  3. There’s an old saying that not making a choice is itself a choice.  Be it due to nefarious strategy or moral confusion: by not disclosing, Michael and Brittany decision left the other HGs strategically engaging with Kyle without knowing the IRL implications (and strong negative blowback potential) of his agenda - and THAT choice endangered both the other HGs’ games and reputations.  If you’re going to do that in BB, then you better have a ROCK solid reason for doing so - which they don’t.
  4. The fact that Monte was able to immediately see discrepancies between (a) M/B’s timeline of events and (b) objective reality doesn’t bode well for the comp champ and his chimp, either.
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, pennben said:

Racism or prejudice is most insidious when presented as Kyle’s ‘whoopsie’ did I deny someone advancement based on their race—who knew?!  It’s not just the obviously heinous instances you cite. It’s also the less obvious denial and degradation & loss of opportunities that Kyle’s ‘thinking’ that causes so much long term damage as well. To say ‘ welp nobody died because of him’ is to miss the boat entirely. 

Can you please give me specific examples of things he said or did so I can change my POV?

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

My point, perhaps insufficiently made, is that The Cookout didn't spring fully formed out of the heads of the Black houseguests from last season, IMO it was planned and set up to happen by CBS. 

Why would you assume that the Cookout members did not create this alliance (and keep it together) on their own? Because they’re not smart enough to do that? There were clear reasons for that to happen, both stated by the members themselves and understood by many of us who know show history and are aware of contributing factors. It was a natural response to several things, but like many events that are of the moment, is unlikely to happen again.

25 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Maybe there never was a good time for M/B’s reveal of Kylegate - but there was definitely a better time to do it, and that would have been ASAP:

1. Michael and Brittany’s story is this: they heard Kyle’s pitch about 2 weeks prior and immediately recognized its real-world implications, but were conflicted on how to relate it to the other HGs - which is why they sat on it for so long until Their Moral Compasses® dictated they should tell the other HGs right now.
  2. Thing is, though: if their primary concern had truly been for the social gravity of the exposed issues - both in and out of the House - then the appropriate moral response would have been unambiguous; warn the other HGs of Kyle’s intimations IMMEDIATELY, before game decisions could be made without the benefit of full transparency.

The thing that bothered me most about Michael’s revelation was his saying that there was simply no time to tell anyone between the time Kyle spoke to him (week 5) and the house split (week 7), because everything happened so fast. What about all of week 6?? That was such an obvious lie, it left no doubt about his motivations. I guess everyone was too shook to notice, because I can’t believe nobody called him on that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Michael and Brittany’s story is this: they heard Kyle’s pitch about 2 weeks prior and immediately recognized its real-world implications, but were conflicted on how to relate it to the other HGs - which is why they sat on it for so long until Their Moral Compasses® dictated they should tell the other HGs right now.
Thing is, though: if their primary concern had truly been for the social gravity of the exposed issues - both in and out of the House - then the appropriate moral response would have been unambiguous; warn the other HGs of Kyle’s intimations IMMEDIATELY, before game decisions could be made without the benefit of full transparency.

Maybe I missed something but I didn't hear either Michael or Brittany claim they were revealing this info because of their "moral compasses." It should have been pretty clear to anyone that since they themselves were safe for the week, they were simply pitching an alternative replacement nominee in Kyle and giving a reason why (i.e. - he's awful).

Also, they first broached this subject with Taylor and Monte to see how they felt about it. If either of them had said they weren't comfortable using that info to influence the game they might well have dropped it right there. Instead Taylor and Monte gave them the go-ahead to share it with Turner. So Monte can get off his high horse about the way Michael used the info because he was part of that decision, tacitly or not.

This clearly isn't working in Michael's favor so I really don't understand why everyone seems to think he's some super villain with a master plan. Apparently I'm expected to believe that he is both an evil genius and a blithering idiot at the same time.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Tml said:

Will someone please explain the difference between Kyle and Taylor statement. Why can Taylor bring race issues into the game by saying she won't put up a BLACK female? Hasn't she made it racial with her statement? It's a FACT that last year the cookout made it a racial alliance. All I heard Kyle say was could it be possible in this game that another alliance could happen again, fact it could happen again.  

Kyle's mistake is that he made assumptions based on race alone and didn't take the specific game circumstances of this season into consideration.    For example, it made no sense for him to think that minorities were banding together when 2 minorities had just been voted out (by the hands of the other minorities).   

But the boards and the internet in general is full of thoughtful responses on the differences, all free for anyone's searching pleasure.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Maybe I missed something but I didn't hear either Michael or Brittany claim they were revealing this info because of their "moral compasses."

Neither Michael nor Brittany used the specific phrase Their Moral Compasses® - that’s a device of my own creation and I’m very proud of it, tyvm 😎 - but in their “reveal” conversations with the other HGs, both M & B repeatedly recounted how they’d “wrestled” with questions of if / who / when / how they should tell - and not being able to resolve those questions was their primary rationale for sitting on the information…

…until, of course, their consciences decided they simply couldn’t continue to NOT tell people any more, at which point they started spilling (or spieling, take your pick) to everybody in the House not named Kyle - and the timing of their Great Reveal was totally fortuitous, of course.

Personally I don’t buy it, but apparently neither does Monte - or Taylor - or Terrance, so I’m in good company at least.  😁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

This clearly isn't working in Michael's favor so I really don't understand why everyone seems to think he's some super villain with a master plan. Apparently I'm expected to believe that he is both an evil genius and a blithering idiot at the same time.

I don’t know that I’d call Michael an evil genius, but he does know how to make the best of a bad situation. What he accomplished with this move was getting rid of someone who was targeting him and saving at least one ally who can help him get to the end. The downside to this was creating some bad blood in the jury house. I’m guessing he thought the tradeoff was worth it, because who cares what the jury thinks of you if you don’t even make it to final 2.  Besides, he probably thinks he can win some people back with a well crafted final argument— which he should be good at, given he’s a criminal defense attorney. 

It wasn’t a perfect play, and I personally have all kinds of problems with it from a moral standpoint, but as a purely strategic game move, it was the best he could do for himself at the time. So that’s why people are giving him points. (Me too, kind of. Very grudgingly.) (I still hope he loses.) (Go Taylor!)

• Love 2

Why can Taylor say: "I will never nominate a black woman" and that is OK? Does racism only work in a one sided way? It must have evolved in that way because of history and the need to correct past horrific and egregious practices. I myself believe the only way this will end is to have reparations. To continue this one sided mentality just gives legs to conflict and makes tensions worse.  

4 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Why can Taylor say: "I will never nominate a black woman" and that is OK? Does racism only work in a one sided way? It must have evolved in that way because of history and the need to correct past horrific and egregious practices. I myself believe the only way this will end is to have reparations. To continue this one sided mentality just gives legs to conflict and makes tensions worse.  

Taylor says that she sees how black women have been perceived and treated in previous BB seasons, and she has decided to not continue the pattern by her actions. That's not racist.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 9/1/2022 at 10:20 PM, NightOwl89 said:

Kyle’s face

Tried to embed the tweet but I give up! Link to Kyle’s face reaction.

This reaction felt more like it was directed at something he saw in the audience not about the interview questions which he handled well and as expected. Wonder if someone made a comment or had a sign of the kkk variety. 

I have a vague recollection of Michael, concerned he was at risk of being a back door target, telling us in a TH that he would have to use this information now to save him from being backdoored. Either I dreamed that, or Michael flat out told us it was a strategically timed game move.

I found it kind of cynical tbh. If he was really concerned about it, the real world implications, he would have said something to the targeted group immediately, no?  But instead he kept it in his back pocket to use at a time that it would benefit him most.  Seems like a Dan Gheesling-style sleazy (but effective) move to me. 

1 hour ago, Jel said:

I have a vague recollection of Michael, concerned he was at risk of being a back door target, telling us in a TH that he would have to use this information now to save him from being backdoored. Either I dreamed that, or Michael flat out told us it was a strategically timed game move.

I found it kind of cynical tbh. If he was really concerned about it, the real world implications, he would have said something to the targeted group immediately, no?  But instead he kept it in his back pocket to use at a time that it would benefit him most.  Seems like a Dan Gheesling-style sleazy (but effective) move to me. 

Michael was worried about being back doored, but then he won the veto, so he and Brittany were safe.  However, Taylor was still on the block and the likely replacement was Monty.   So Michael spoke up to save his allies.  

On 9/1/2022 at 7:43 PM, Tml said:

This! I just can't figure out why racism can be used to create The Cookout, but can't be used to prevent The Cookout. The possibility is always there, and really shouldn't be ignored. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Michael was worried about being back doored, but then he won the veto, so he and Brittany were safe.  However, Taylor was still on the block and the likely replacement was Monty.   So Michael spoke up to save his allies.  

I’m sure that will be his argument when he’s asked about it. 

On 9/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, Lamb18 said:

Oh my.

Just what I want to see: Julie's side boob and armpits.

There is actually a ramp-up as of late in the interest in 'armpit' fetishes. So I guess that Chen is on the cutting edge of fetish culture and dressed to reflect it...

I know this makes me a hardened, jaded and generally unfeeling Reality Teevee viewer (#sobeit) but I had to fast forward through most of the tearful conversations they were showing this week. It would have been nice to see more than 20 seconds of the comp at the end of this 'very special' episode. You couldn't have etched out five more minutes for the comp? #

• Love 2
3 hours ago, QTBlueMoon said:

This! I just can't figure out why racism can be used to create The Cookout, but can't be used to prevent The Cookout. The possibility is always there, and really shouldn't be ignored. 

My response is not directly to this poster’s comment, but to this concept in general:

If the answer to this question is not known in 2022, it is willfully unknown. 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So Michael trying to find a way to get Terrance on the block (who he was never aligned with like Kyle) was not an option over inflamming the house needlessly?

Kyle's apparent eagerness to have conversations about his comments was fine I guess, in the house but honestly it bugged when even after he was out and talking to Julie he seemed to expect POC to teach him about racism. 

It's 2022 - it's not other peoples job to teach him about this.  Kyle needs to buy  read a book or three (there are some very very good ones out there - especially since 2020) about history and about being not just not-racist but anti-racist.    That guy is ignorant in so many things besides geometry, err geography. I'm not hopeful though. A guy who "wants to travel" but can't be bothered to find out if Prague is a city or a country even though his friend lived there is most likely going to get through his media interviews and run back to his bubble in mama's basement. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 10

I just think that racism was praised when the Cookout did it. They even all picked white friends to shield them. They played the game strictly based on race. So why is it OK to form a all black alliance, but not ok to suggest it may be happening again, or suggest forming an all white alliance to combat it?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KMNJ said:

I just think that racism was praised when the Cookout did it. They even all picked white friends to shield them. They played the game strictly based on race. So why is it OK to form a all black alliance, but not ok to suggest it may be happening again, or suggest forming an all white alliance to combat it?  

I don’t think that the Cookout was motivated by racism, but as a response to the implicit racism (maybe unconscious or maybe not) of the last 22 seasons where the person of colour was generally an early boot. 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

There were some excellent posts explaining this last season. Truly insightful, brilliant posts by several posters who took the time to address the issue. I don't think my explanation would hold a candle to the posts already written, so I won't try. If you are truly interested, I trust you can go through discussions from last season and enlighten yourself. 

Well said.  100% agree.  I also would never be able to articulate it as well as a number of other posters from this or the previous season.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, pennben said:

My point was NOT that nobody died because of his statements. My point is that he is a fool and his stupid remarks are not worth all this conversation unless it is within a larger context that can be cited that DOES matter. Kyle's thinking in my opinion is not because he is a racist, not because he is a stupid racist, but because he is just stupid and has no idea what he is even babbling about and that distinction needs to be made. 

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t think that the Cookout was motivated by racism, but as a response to the implicit racism (maybe unconscious or maybe not) of the last 22 seasons where the person of colour was generally an early boot. 

Well said.  100% agree.  I also would never be able to articulate it as well as a number of other posters from this or the previous season.  

How many people of color were even on this show in the past 2 decades? You seem to be implying that the people of color should have not been evicted early BECAUSE they were people of color and that they were evicted because of racism.. That is not how the game is played. The evictions are not based on keeping a racial balance. It is played based on a strategy of getting out strong players first who are threats and who who may go on to win. You do not keep people in the game so the color balance remains stable. And do not go calling ME a racist because I believe in reparations. 

It needs to be said that this show is not exactly for Mensa watchers. The HGs are not the sharpest tools in the shed. I was shocked that Xavier Prather (a Yale grad) would even go on this sort of low level intellect show. 

I think the analysis of what these HGs do or do not do is in some ways absurd because I would bet half their IQs do not even match room temperature. If you want to talk about a history of racism, BB is not the greatest reference. 

AND this show gives us a perfect example of one sided racism. Taylor will never nominate a black woman but if Alyssa said she will never nominate a white woman, whoa! Kyle may have said asinine things that were racist, but when he assumed a Cookout 2 may have formed, how is THAT racist when his conclusion was based on this show's history of what happened last year? 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 2