Type keyword(s) to search

Guy's Ultimate Game Night - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's all fun and games as Guy Fieri welcomes his celebrity friends to the Flavortown Lounge for outrageously fun and entertaining food-inspired games on Guy’s Ultimate Game Night, premiering on Wednesday, August 31 at 9|8c. The new game show puts a culinary twist on classic party games as the celebrity contestants compete in front of a live studio audience for the chance to win prizes for their favorite charity. Chef Antonia Lofaso assists with all the action of the competition, as the celebrities play with food in the hands-on challenge and test their culinary knowledge with trivia and word puzzles. They must stay on their toes as they never know what Guy will throw their way. Let the games begin!

The above description is taken from this food network article.

26 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

This reminded me a lot of that game show Jane Lynch hosted, but with Guy and Antonia as hosts and applying a food theme to all the games.

I thought the same thing!  Everyone seemed to be having fun and they’re earning money for charities which is great.  The show needs some fine-tuning but it’s not awful.  Antonia and Guy could be siblings — they are so comfortable together and play well off of each other.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guy was surprisingly good at drawing while Antonia stunk. And she shouldn't wear leather pants. On the plus side, there was no Hunter. They took elements from a lot of different game shows. I'll give it a few more episodes.

• Like 2

I enjoyed this more than I expected to - except for all the noise.  I don't know who the guys are who won but they did seem like the brightest of the bunch.  This show and GGG seem like odd choices for Bret Michaels but I guess he's getting too old for the rock scene and wants to stay in the public eye.  I don't like rock so I've never seen or heard him sing (and don't want to) but I liked him a lot years ago when he was on Celebrity Apprentice.  His daughter is very cute and they seem to have a good relationship.  Always love Antonia.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I watched the episode that aired last night with Vivica Fox and the Fox NFL people. My test of whether or not I like a game show is if you can play along at home so this is a 50/50 mix for me. I'm glad I gave it a shot, but this isn't a must watch for me.

Guy's mix of friends is so interesting. I can't stand about half and love the other half. I noticed Sophistifunk was the house band. Guy is definitely loyal to his friends which is probably my favorite trait of his. I don't think I've seen another person so into Bro culture but it never seems to translate into toxic masculinity.

A first glance, Guy would definitely be the type of person I would work very hard to avoid in real life, but his actual traits and values seem to be antithetical to his outward appearance, and I am here for it. I wish more people into Bro culture were like him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 9/15/2022 at 6:07 AM, Catfi9ht said:

Guy's mix of friends is so interesting. I can't stand about half and love the other half. I noticed Sophistifunk was the house band. Guy is definitely loyal to his friends which is probably my favorite trait of his. I don't think I've seen another person so into Bro culture but it never seems to translate into toxic masculinity.

A first glance, Guy would definitely be the type of person I would work very hard to avoid in real life, but his actual traits and values seem to be antithetical to his outward appearance, and I am here for it. I wish more people into Bro culture were like him.

Agree with this.  Guy’s friends in the business seems so vast — men and women — there is a mutual enjoyment and back-and-forth antics and they seem to be such genuine pals.  I also like that Guy makes fun of himself and lets others do so.  

Charissa Thompson is super cool and clearly strong!  She held those heavy groceries for so long — I could have held 1/2 for about 5 minutes.  Her friend was stunning.  Like any other game show, the ditzy ones drive me bonkers.

Antonia is just right — I get such a kick out of her on every show she does now.  That wasn’t always the case for me, but she’s grown less manic-competitor and just a very smart, fun addition or leader of the shows she’s on.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 2

So I'm watching the ep with Cheech from Cheech and Chong, Maria Menudoz (?), and the guy from Mike and Molly. I have questions. 

1. Was Maria drunk? She seemed so drunk! And kept crowing that her husband was so embarrassed by her. It was weird. 

2. The guy 3ho played Mike on Mike and Molly has lost a lot of weight and has gotten old! We all get old, but his face looks like a deflated balloon which is so mean to say but was literally all I could think as I watched. 

3. Why do Guy and Antonia (LOVE HER) play all of the games instead of the contestants? Reminds me of Kristen Bell and Dax Shepards show where they played all the games while the contestants watched. It just seems like such a weird choice to me. 

6 hours ago, hiisa said:

So I'm watching the ep with Cheech from Cheech and Chong, Maria Menudoz (?), and the guy from Mike and Molly. I have questions. 

1. Was Maria drunk? She seemed so drunk! And kept crowing that her husband was so embarrassed by her. It was weird. 

2. The guy 3ho played Mike on Mike and Molly has lost a lot of weight and has gotten old! We all get old, but his face looks like a deflated balloon which is so mean to say but was literally all I could think as I watched. 

3. Why do Guy and Antonia (LOVE HER) play all of the games instead of the contestants? Reminds me of Kristen Bell and Dax Shepards show where they played all the games while the contestants watched. It just seems like such a weird choice to me. 

Maria was obnoxious! I could have done without her. And yes her husband looked over it. 

Bill Gardell lost a lot of weight for his health. His face looks older because that is often the case when someone who was obese loses a lot of weight. He lost over 100 lbs. I honestly think he looks really handsome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, hiisa said:

I'm sure many of them are a bit tipsy, as you can see them taking sips now and then. Maria Menounos may have had a bit more than the others as she was definitely the loudest in the room, but I thought it was kind of fun. Saying her husband was embarrassed came off as just a joke to me. I think they were fine.

To point #3, I'm not sure what you mean by Guy and Antonia playing all the games instead of the contestants. I suppose in the Pictionary type game, Guy and Antonia do all the drawing, but the contestants are doing all the guessing. And in all the other games, Guy and/or Antonia were just explaining the rules and giving the clues. It was the contestants answering the trivia questions, decorating the cakes, and naming the pizza toppings. Or did I miss something?

Cheech's wife Natasha is serene as hell. Loved her. I see she's a classical pianist, and she was giving that sort of vibe.

1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

I'm sure many of them are a bit tipsy, as you can see them taking sips now and then. Maria Menounos may have had a bit more than the others as she was definitely the loudest in the room, but I thought it was kind of fun. Saying her husband was embarrassed came off as just a joke to me. I think they were fine.

To point #3, I'm not sure what you mean by Guy and Antonia playing all the games instead of the contestants. I suppose in the Pictionary type game, Guy and Antonia do all the drawing, but the contestants are doing all the guessing. And in all the other games, Guy and/or Antonia were just explaining the rules and giving the clues. It was the contestants answering the trivia questions, decorating the cakes, and naming the pizza toppings. Or did I miss something?

Cheech's wife Natasha is serene as hell. Loved her. I see she's a classical pianist, and she was giving that sort of vibe.

I can see that they were all a bit tipsy, but not everyone drinks. This is also the first time watching this that I have rolled my eyes when someone speaks. She just was too much. Maybe that is her personality? If so, she seems exhausting. 

Cheech's wife is lovely. I really liked her. 

Edited by libgirl2

I like the concept of this show but not the noise level.  Guy is even louder than he is on GGG and the audience yelling and cheering is irritating.  The thing I like least though is when Guy messes with the scores and just gives teams points for silly stuff.  I know they're playing for charity and just having fun but IMO scores should be legit.

I often don't know some of the players but, last night, the only one of the six I'd ever heard of was Cheech.  I still don't know who the two guys who won are but I liked them and was glad Guy didn't take their win away with some bestowal of points on a different team.

How much does the winning team get for their charity?  I don't remember that being announced.

10 minutes ago, mlp said:

I like the concept of this show but not the noise level.  Guy is even louder than he is on GGG and the audience yelling and cheering is irritating.  The thing I like least though is when Guy messes with the scores and just gives teams points for silly stuff.  I know they're playing for charity and just having fun but IMO scores should be legit.

I often don't know some of the players but, last night, the only one of the six I'd ever heard of was Cheech.  I still don't know who the two guys who won are but I liked them and was glad Guy didn't take their win away with some bestowal of points on a different team.

How much does the winning team get for their charity?  I don't remember that being announced.

Billy Gardell was in Mike and Molly and is currently in Bob loves Abishola. I don't know who his friend was though. I really liked their team. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 10/6/2022 at 5:45 AM, libgirl2 said:

Maria was obnoxious! I could have done without her. And yes her husband looked over it. 

Bill Gardell lost a lot of weight for his health. His face looks older because that is often the case when someone who was obese loses a lot of weight. He lost over 100 lbs. I honestly think he looks really handsome. 

I didn't know that about Billy. I've only ever seen him from Mike and Molly and don't follow him in any social media so I missed everything about his health. I hope he's doing better now and losing that much weight is HARD. 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, tracyscott76 said:

You're right, Guy and Antonia only played the pictionary game but this could be the noise level? I don't know. It seemed like all of the attention was on Guy and Antonia and the contestants we're afterthoughts. 

I like the show but it gets annoying very quickly with some of the guests.  Maria, every show she is on she is annoying.  The latest game I found unfair.  Guy gave Alyssa Milano's team extra points twice - her yelling Milano cookies and Alaa saying he liked something.  She wouldn't have won if she didn't have those extra points. The other two teams didn't get any points.  I hate when things like that happen.  All three teams should have gotten the same amount to their charity.

• Love 3

I came home late, what was the relationship between Alyssa and Alaa? Guy never mentions how much he gives to the charities. For all we know, every charity gets the same amount and the winner doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I came home late, what was the relationship between Alyssa and Alaa? Guy never mentions how much he gives to the charities. For all we know, every charity gets the same amount and the winner doesn't matter.

I was thinking the same thing. 

19 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I don't think it was ever explained during the intros, just "here's Alyssa Milano, star of Who's the Boss and Charmed! Now on to the next pair." I looked him up and found some posts by Alyssa describing him as her long time best friend. He is also apparently the brother of music producer DJ Khaled.

I think this show is super fun.  It’s gotten better as the week’s have gone on — seems like the show designers are figuring out what works.  Guy and Antonia are so great together — play off of each other so well.  Guy has a great sense of humor about himself.  

I had to mute Maria Menounos.  She is always, always too loud and too look-at-me.  She drives me nuts.  Pity her poor husband living with that precocious, loud woman-child all these years.  

• Like 1

I enjoyed tonight's show, mainly because I knew who most of the players were unlike previous shows where I didn't know most of them.  Guy seemed a little less loud and manic too which helped.  

I thought the last game was really hard.  I probably would have figured out Beatles/strawberries given time to think about it but I've never even heard of some of those singers so had no clue.  I was impressed by how fast almost all of them made the right connections.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, mlp said:

I enjoyed tonight's show, mainly because I knew who most of the players were unlike previous shows where I didn't know most of them.  Guy seemed a little less loud and manic too which helped.  

I thought the last game was really hard.  I probably would have figured out Beatles/strawberries given time to think about it but I've never even heard of some of those singers so had no clue.  I was impressed by how fast almost all of them made the right connections.

I thought it was hard too. I only knew a few of them, mainly the "old" ones. 

• Like 2
On 9/10/2022 at 4:38 AM, mlp said:

I enjoyed this more than I expected to - except for all the noise.  I don't know who the guys are who won but they did seem like the brightest of the bunch.  This show and GGG seem like odd choices for Bret Michaels but I guess he's getting too old for the rock scene and wants to stay in the public eye.  I don't like rock so I've never seen or heard him sing (and don't want to) but I liked him a lot years ago when he was on Celebrity Apprentice.  His daughter is very cute and they seem to have a good relationship.  Always love Antonia.

Bret Michaels, like many celebrities of the past, would like to play as long as possible. Maybe the show is old, I'm a rock fan and I'm sorry that celebrities have to find ways to stay in the public eye.

(edited)
On 5/16/2023 at 1:32 AM, AlexWT said:

Bret Michaels, like many celebrities of the past, would like to play as long as possible. Maybe the show is old, I'm a rock fan and I'm sorry that celebrities have to find ways to stay in the public eye. I am glad that past celebrities are still recognizable and even recently when playing my favorite online game on https://bestallgames.com/ I saw some famous characters. But any industry is changing and the music and gaming industry will have new heroes and new generations of fans will no longer remember the old heroes. It's a bit unfortunate that this is happening.

Today I watched a show with Bret Michaels, to be honest, I didn’t recognize him, it’s a pity that many idols change. Yesterday I saw how they opened a star in the alley in Toronto in honor of Bret Hart, he also changed so much. Unfortunately, many celebrities from the past will no longer be able to compete with the younger generation.

Edited by AlexWT