Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Marlo has nothing to say about weight when her phony face is unrecognizable from plastic surgery. I read this just in time, Marlo is coming up on the show in my area.

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, rcc said:

Marlo has nothing to say about weight when her phony face is unrecognizable from plastic surgery. I read this just in time, Marlo is coming up on the show in my area.

This. Sherri was a good sport about it, but I would've said "I remember that. That was, what? Two faces ago?" 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I think Sheri gave her a pass due to her age.  And, there’s St. Jude and that is a worthy cause.  I guess Sheri just chose to let it go.  I have noticed Marlo’s facial work.  It really confused me, as it didn’t look right. Almost like something might collapse.  Unfortunate.  

• Like 5

Hmmmmm…..I wonder if Sherri is going to bring this up in today’s show.  If not, maybe she will mention it during the next Two Funny Mamas podcast with Kym.  I’m sure Sherri would have been offended if Marlo had said what she did when she was heavier.  At any rate, Marlo’s remarks should have been said ‘in the kitchen’; it was the pantomimed puffing of the cheeks/widening of her arms that rubbed me the wrong way.  I’m sure she is mortified at the backlash, as she should be, looking like she’s about to say ‘Love that Joker!’

When I was young, my father had a friend and the sun rose and set on him as far as I was concerned.  We met in church when I was older, and he went on and on about how ‘swole’ I had gotten….until his death, I despised his ass.

• Sad 6

I’m not sure why some people have to tease or poke fun at others.  It’s bothered me since childhood, more so due to others getting teased than me.  I recall defending others, even as a little kid.  I’ve always wondered if they were verbally bullied at home and that’s why they do it to others.  I was always taught kindness and avoiding embarrassing others.  

• Love 6

I very rarely think about watching this show. However, over the past week+, Sherri was not on due to World Cup Soccer (FIFA). Now I see she is on at 2pm PST. Right next to Kelly Clarkson and Drew Barrymore.

Good luck Sherri. I don't want to see you fail but somebody is definitely jerking you around.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I very rarely think about watching this show. However, over the past week+, Sherri was not on due to World Cup Soccer (FIFA). Now I see she is on at 2pm PST. Right next to Kelly Clarkson and Drew Barrymore.

Good luck Sherri. I don't want to see you fail but somebody is definitely jerking you around.

Same. After 2 weeks of soccer I’ll be ready to see her back in that time slot. 

I got to watch her show yesterday. She was actually covering a few Hot Topics and wasn’t screaming. She had on Whoopi Goldberg and was fanning out over her. They know each other well from working together on the View. 
(Whoopi mentioned she bought a property in Italy, but she had to borrow money from a friend to do so. That surprised me.) 

• Like 1
On 11/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure why some people have to tease or poke fun at others.  It’s bothered me since childhood, more so due to others getting teased than me.  I recall defending others, even as a little kid.  I’ve always wondered if they were verbally bullied at home and that’s why they do it to others.  I was always taught kindness and avoiding embarrassing others.  

Funny you should mention that.  My girlfriend always laughs if I have a surgery or whatever.  After a hip replacement, I call her to tell her I just got out of hospital.  She laughs and says “whats next”.  At the time, it wasn’t funny to me anymore.  Last month, she fell face down on the pavement, broke her arm in three places and had other injuries.  I could have said “whats next”, but I’m not a wise ass.  I believe if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, kristen111 said:

Funny you should mention that.  My girlfriend always laughs if I have a surgery or whatever.  After a hip replacement, I call her to tell her I just got out of hospital.  She laughs and says “whats next”.  At the time, it wasn’t funny to me anymore.  Last month, she fell face down on the pavement, broke her arm in three places and had other injuries.  I could have said “whats next”, but I’m not a wise ass.  I believe if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

I’d ditch that friend. She is not nice.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think it’s a sign of insecurity, or jealously.  People that poke fun at others expense, then say “oh, I was only kidding”.  That’s bullshit .. they mean it.  I think its mean, pure and simple.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Hmmmmm…..I wonder if Sherri is going to bring this up in today’s show.  If not, maybe she will mention it during the next Two Funny Mamas podcast with Kym.  I’m sure Sherri would have been offended if Marlo had said what she did when she was heavier.  At any rate, Marlo’s remarks should have been said ‘in the kitchen’; it was the pantomimed puffing of the cheeks/widening of her arms that rubbed me the wrong way.  I’m sure she is mortified at the backlash, as she should be, looking like she’s about to say ‘Love that Joker!’

When I was young, my father had a friend and the sun rose and set on him as far as I was concerned.  We met in church when I was older, and he went on and on about how ‘swole’ I had gotten….until his death, I despised his ass.

I’m 5’7 and was always very thin.  In my early forties, we went to a family wedding, and one of my husbands aunts said “oh, you got so fat”.  I was mortified .. she was a jackass.  Needless to say, during a blood test, my thyroid was very low.  It caused tiredness and weight gain in the face.  I never looked at the bitch again.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1

Between Sherri’s perpetual big smile and her loud voice, I’m done with her, Jennifer Hudson, Drew and Kelly.  They should re run Columbo and Murder She Wrote.  I know they can’t tho.  Or, re runs of Wendy when she was normal.  I know they can’t tho, again.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sherri just announced today that her show has been renewed for 2 more years. 
Of course she cried and began to thank everyone. 

Oh nuts.   What about Jeniffer Hudson?  Anything?  Two screamers.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Just one....saw a smidge of a clip where she too cried at being renewed.

At any rate, happy for Sherri.  I tape the show everyday but watch just the hot topics.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Just one....saw a smidge of a clip where she too cried at being renewed.

At any rate, happy for Sherri.  I tape the show everyday but watch just the hot topics.

Don’t get me wrong, I always liked her as a comedian, but I just think an hour is too much for any comedian.  She did pay her dues tho.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I know nothing about Jennifer Hudson. I do watch Drew Barrymore, but remember you stating that you don’t care for her either. 
Her show had me laughing out loud today. 

On the show I meant.  I do love all her movies tho.  I have all of them on tape.  Good actress.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Lol! Yes they are loud and screamers but at least they're sober and show up for their job. 

I don't miss WW. I just miss the gossip. However, any talk show host can bring the gossip. It's not a WW exclusive concept. I just watch TMZ now.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Nope, I'm still watching....she just won the NAACP Award for best talk show, I bet she'll be nom'd for an Emmy and win.

Like she said, for one hour I'm just having fun and not thinking of anything stressful.

I got a laugh how the TSA was examining her award. The the funny comment about trafficking cocaine in it. Really 😂

• Like 2

Am I the only one watching her? I occasionally watch the first 15 minutes of her dialogue because sometimes she’s really funny. I usually don’t watch beyond that because I don’t know who her guests are. 

I also only watch the first 15 minutes and I like to see what she is wearing.

She went on and on about Simone Biles' "low key" wedding and praising her for not spending huge money.

Sherri didn't realize that Simone only had a small courthouse wedding because she had to get married in the US before her "giant" wedding in Mexico!!!

Can't her producers get it right?

• Like 3
21 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Her segment on Robert Deniro having a kid at 79 was hilarious. 

I missed that! Even without Sherri's comedy snark, Robert deNiro having a baby at 79 is hysterical in itself. He will most likely be dead before the kid graduates from pre school. 

Who is the mother? 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

Today's show 5/15 has Sherri doing a live interview with that guy from Colonial Penn who tries to sell old folks insurance they probably don't  need.

I can't  even watch a nanosecond of that pixie eared dude shilling insurance. The Sherri show is getting desperate. Already.

• Mind Blown 1

Cringed when Sherri invited Elizabeth Vargas out to get drunk.  Elizabeth has been pretty open about her past alcoholism and and stay in rehab.   Thankfully she politely countered that she'd have a club soda with cranberry juice.   But I still don't think Sherri caught the hint.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3

I totally agree. I was cringing too, and felt so bad for Elizabeth. Sherri has got to have a research staff, (or at least I would hope so). I do like Sherri a lot, and I hope she publicly apologizes for this gaffe in a future show. 

• Like 4
On 9/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Straycat80 said:

Was her show renewed or is she a victim of the writer strike?  Her shows have been reruns for awhile. 

It's been renewed and the new season starts on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm an old-school Wendy Williams viewer who watched Sherri during the time Wendy was out with various issues.  Sherri is okay but she didn't grab me enough to follow her to her new show.  Today I see this blind item that suggests that Sherri may be on the chopping block, that she will be fired before the end of the season and some other (male) comedian will be brought in.

The items says that reason for this shakeup is that the ratings are terrible and they are having trouble finding guests.  Regular viewers, what say you?  Despite the ratings, how is the show otherwise?  Who do think they may get to replace Sherri?  My guess:  Jerry O'Connell.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2023/10/blind-item-8_01446900118.html?m=1

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I'm an old-school Wendy Williams viewer who watched Sherri during the time Wendy was out with various issues.  Sherri is okay but she didn't grab me enough to follow her to her new show.  Today I see this blind item that suggests that Sherri may be on the chopping block, that she will be fired before the end of the season and some other (male) comedian will be brought in.

The items says that reason for this shakeup is that the ratings are terrible and they are having trouble finding guests.  Regular viewers, what say you?  Despite the ratings, how is the show otherwise?  Who do think they may get to replace Sherri?  My guess:  Jerry O'Connell.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2023/10/blind-item-8_01446900118.html?m=1

I catch this show when I can. I have nothing against it, but it doesn’t blow me away. I think she was like a deer in the headlights when she was given this show. Perhaps with better producers or time she might have found a better stride to bring other people in. (I read a blind where she is having trouble getting good guests). Do I go out of my way to watch it….NO. However if I want something light in th background I put it on. 
    Jerry….that would actually surprise me. I thought he was first chosen when WW first left and then he went on to do another show. That would actually surprise me as I think his family is West Coast based. 

• Like 1
On 9/15/2023 at 2:43 PM, rmcrae said:

It's been renewed and the new season starts on Monday.

So is her show renewed or sinking? 

I believe a successful talk show doesn't completely rely on the time it is aired. It is the content primarily and the host secondarily. However, late weekday mornings is probably not going to grab many viewers because lots of people are working at that time. JMO.

On a different site where folks are discussing this blind item, some people are guessing Sherri's replacement may be Ken Jeong because the item said something about the new host is a comic and comes from an "educated background".   Ken was a doctor before he got into entertainment. 

5db6f903dee01942a26c0a03?width=1136&form

Edited by patty1h
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, Jst2Wld said:

So is her show renewed or sinking? 

I believe a successful talk show doesn't completely rely on the time it is aired. It is the content primarily and the host secondarily. However, late weekday mornings is probably not going to grab many viewers because lots of people are working at that time. JMO.

It was renewed until 2025 last January. 

On 10/20/2023 at 10:41 PM, patty1h said:

On a different site where folks are discussing this blind item, some people are guessing Sherri's replacement may be Ken Jeong because the item said something about the new host is a comic and comes from an "educated background".   Ken was a doctor before he got into entertainment. 

5db6f903dee01942a26c0a03?width=1136&form

Sherri's replacement? Why would they be replacing her? 

• Like 1