Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E08: Men Tell All

• Start Topic

Tonight is the Men Tell All episode plus Aven's hometown date.

"It’s a night full of surprises, apologies and special guests as Rachel and Gabby reunite with 14 of the most unforgettable men from this season. But first, Aven’s spooky hometown date in Salem, Massachusetts, will be revealed! Once seated together for the first time since the show premiered, the former suitors kick off the night by addressing the controversies surrounding Hayden and Chris, but will either of them show up to atone for their actions? Later, the women of the hour, Gabby and Rachel, answer burning questions from their former flames and welcome the stars of Universal Pictures’ “Bros,” Billy Eichner and Luke Macfarlane, to the stage to join in on the action."

• Love 2

The Bachelor handshake is becoming forced at this point. See: Rachel and Aven. 

I don’t even remember Rachel and Aven spending anytime together. Did they even have a one on one? Poor Rachel, I think she’s in for another difficult family  dinner. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I've been to Salem and it's a fun town with lots of cute tourist gift shops. But, jeez, that woman's voice was like chalk on a blackboard when she cast the spell. And the spell was cute until apparently she summoned Satan who upset the table. Whoa. Serious omen stuff there. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Tino’s parents, take note on how to ask tough questions without making the girl feel like shit. Aven’s parents handled that well. Huh no RC elims. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 10

Aven is a really nice looking guy with a beautiful smile.
His father is certainly more understanding than Tino's dad. And his mom asked some good questions......
But this season has been so short-changed it's hard to feel invested in any reality there may be in these relationships. This hometown visit was so incredibly brief I feel Aven himself got shortchanged.
Now they're not going to show the rose ceremony either. Once again I wonder why they did not allot more time for this season to air.
I would rather spend more time with Aven than watch Meatball cover himself with Ragu and witness the show try to justify offering Nate the next lead.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, MadeleineElster said:

I've been to Salem and it's a fun town with lots of cute tourist gift shops. But, jeez, that woman's voice was like chalk on a blackboard when she cast the spell. And the spell was cute until apparently she summoned Satan who upset the table. Whoa. Serious omen stuff there. 🤣

I met that lady when I went to Salem last summer—but I did not buy a spell or reading from her. Actually everything was familiar because it’s a really tiny town (for others who may not have gone there). The upstairs of the restaurant they were in is supposedly haunted, so it would have really been the most Spooktacular Hometown in Bachelorette History if they both got a cursed spell and a ghost sighting!

Okay, I don’t recognize a single guy from the back row! I really thought they were screwing with us and brought in a bunch of dudes off the street until they got to the front row.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

Who the hell is this Robbie guy?

He was the weirdo who did magic, I think? It was only him and the 14-year-old-looking twins who were booted night 1.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The guy with the yellow hair? I have no idea.

Ok good it’s not just me. Show is about getting me to take a dementia test. You definitely don’t have that problem @JenE4, how the heck do you do it every week!

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, dizzyd said:

Ok good it’s not just me. Show is about getting me to take a dementia test. 

I only remembered once the guys started fighting with him and said he only lasted 4 hours that, oh yeah, there was some weird guy who creeped both girls out.

• LOL 2
30 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Tino’s parents, take note on how to ask tough questions without making the girl feel like shit. Aven’s parents handled that well. Huh no RC elims. 

So does that mean 4 fantasy suites for Rachel? Sheesh

• Love 1

I really don't get this. Nate is such a phony. He said the same cheesy things to the two woman he dated at the same time / behind each others backs. Told both he loved them and now has been claiming he was never serious about either one. I feel everything from him is just an act which his friends Pilot Pete and gang helped him polish up and tailor to the Bachelorette Show before filming began.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

I think I’m alone in this, but I “forgive” Nate for his dating transgressions. I feel like we’re too quick to “cancel” people to the same intensity no matter what. There have been plenty of people on this show who have said/done atrocious things. But I think a young guy, going through a divorce, dating 2 people long distance and maybe being a bit more effusive in his DMs than he really meant, while protecting his young daughter isn’t the worst thing in the world. I believe that he’s grown since then. He was very mature, level-headed, and empathetic and expressive on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I think I’m alone in this, but I “forgive” Nate for his dating transgressions. I feel like we’re too quick to “cancel” people to the same intensity no matter what. There have been plenty of people on this show who have said/done atrocious things. But I think a young guy, going through a divorce, dating 2 people long distance and maybe being a bit more effusive in his DMs than he really meant, while protecting his young daughter isn’t the worst thing in the world. I believe that he’s grown since then. He was very mature, level-headed, and empathetic and expressive on the show. 

You are not alone in this.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6

No time to air the rose ceremony where everyone got a rose but enough time to do a preview of The Kardashians? 

Disney/ABC really, really, really sucks.

I mean, because I watch The Bachelor franchise and The Real Housewives does not mean I watch the dreck of The Kardashians.

In fact, the only reason I watch what I watch in reality TV is because of all of the great snark here.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I tried to see this side but he just comes off too phony.
And I think his entire presence on this season was a sham - IMO it was all set up to make him the next bachelor. There is a lot of info about all of this online...supposedly the producers wanted a bachelor-dad for their next male lead.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

No time to air the rose ceremony where everyone got a rose but enough time to do a preview of The Kardashians? 

Disney/ABC really, really, really sucks.

I mean, because I watch The Bachelor franchise and The Real Housewives does not mean I watch the dreck of The Kardashians.

In fact, the only reason I watch what I watch in reality TV is because of all of the great snark here.

I totally agree! I have never watched anything about the Kardashians. Why shortchange Aven's hometown for that preview?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MadeleineElster said:

The Love Witch. I thought the way she talked reminded me of the commercial "the lendas came to Linda!"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Wow, has this show ever been used as such a promotional vehicle for other productions before? I don't remember all these promos for non-Bachelor related items in the past.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat Marinara sauce again.😂

• LOL 1