Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Awakening

Barbie enlists his father's help to reach out to Julia, but then realizes Don may not be trustworthy and may know more about the Dome than he is acknowledging. Meanwhile, Big Jim appoints himself sheriff of Chester's Mill.

Shakes my head ....  wow, this is stupid.

What happened to the infinite supply of food in Andrea's house that was being used to supply the diner ?  Because there's no reason the pig farmer should be hocking goods for food already when there is a buffet available at the Sweetbriar Rose.

All has returned to normal -- except for maybe the garbage collectors (there was trash all over the road, and no one has cleaned up all the debris at the base of the dome.  Big Jim makes himself sheriff and starts making traffic stops.  WTF ?  And Junior decides to show the 'new guy' the ropes of policing -- considering that Junior is the experienced cop on the force having been a deputy sheriff for all of 10-12 days.

DJ Phil was shot in the right shoulder 3 days ago (and shot in the left shoulder about 7 days before that), but he's up and fighting like nothing ever happened to him in addition to climbing the radio tower and deconstructing the giant windmill -- by himself.

Based on Hunter's and Don's (Barbie's Dad) statements, somehow they figured out how to push a WiFi signal into the dome (How ?  Where ? Through the red door that they don't know about.  Especially since WiFi has pretty limited range) and are intentionally blocking the WiFi connection by firewalling it.   Why would they (Arktaion, the military) intentionally not want to communicate with the people in the dome ?

The city of Zenith appears to be not far away from Chester's Mill -- as Barbie was able to drive to the 10 mile perimeter blockade fairly quickly.  Do they really expect us to believe that Barbie held onto that truck underside the entire way ? There is some really unbelievable shit that goes on in this show, but that is really ridiculous.

Someone finally noticed the helicopters flying around outside the dome (as seen from the exterior view of the dome).  Will Big Jim lie to the rest of the town and say that those lights in the sky are just meteors ?  Why aren't these people more concerned about getting out from under the Dome ?  There should be someone manning the dome on that roadway near Joe's farm 24x7 to communicate with the outside world.

How did Don know about the egg ?  If he knows about the egg, he knows what caused the Dome.

"Don't J" was the most confusing message drawn on a clear surface since "Not Penny's boat" on Lost.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

I'm surprised it took the show this long to have the opening shot be a close up of Dean Norris' bald head.  Still a better dome then the actual one.

Former Sheriff DJ Phil lives!  And is still incompetent!  I just hate-love that the show brought him back as a mysterious baddie, only for him to easily get defeated in the end.  Now, this show has never been good with character development, but I seriously think once they killed off Dodee and burned the radio station, the writers were at a loss at what to do with him.  Now, he's just chilling in a cell.  And,  he seemed to recover from that shot to the shoulder very well.  Maybe he's Wolverine!

So, Barbie's dad is running some kind of shady organization, who has been spying on the Dome, and now wants the magical egg for himself?  Sure, why not?  If Brett Cullen is stuck on this show, at leave give him a chance to camp it up and chew the scenery.  Until then, Barbie uses one of the employees to sneak to the dome, and reunite with Julia, only to get captured before telling her not to jump.  Riveting stuff, heh.

Big Jim continues to play everyone like fiddles.  Rebecca only briefly bitches about him breaking in and threatening her, before going back to being his number one fan.  And, now Junior is starting to warm back up to him.  Jim really is the kind of the idiots over there.

Sam, Pauline, and a now sane Lyle are off having their wacky adventures in Zenith.  Off to find the mysterious hatch... I mean, "red door."  What I would give to have Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn show up, and basically just play Ben Linus and John Locke again.

Julia yelling at the Dome was one of those moments where I quit being invested in the scene, and just was picturing how that was shot.  Since the Dome is CGI, I'm guessing they just put Rachel Leferve in a field in Wilmington, and we're like "Just start screaming to no one like a crazy person, Rachel!"  At that moment, Rachel was probably debating in her head if this has been more embarrassing then her role in Twilight.  I also will like to believe that somewhere near-by, the Sleepy Hollow cast and crew were hearing all this, and like "Glad we're not on that show!"

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

I debated on whether or not to watch this episode but finally caved and decided to watch the last ten minutes (or rather, have the TV with the sound off whilst I played Fallout 3 on the computer and seek glimpses at it while fighting feral ghouls and super mutants).

However, I live in the St. Louis bi-state area.  For those of you who don't know, the town of Ferguson is also part of the St. Louis bi-state area. 

For any who don't watch the news, Ferguson is right now a racial powder keg following the shooting death of Michael Brown.  The town is under martial law.

The last ten minutes of Under the Dome was preempted by the St. Louis CBS affiliate on yet another tense night of angry protesters and the police.

So what I'm getting at is does the army drag Barbie away while Julia screams for them not to hurt him?

I know.  I'm stupid for asking.  Right now, I'm damn scared, even though I don't live anywhere near Ferguson.  But this whole situation is frightening.

• Love 2
So what I'm getting at is does the army drag Barbie away while Julia screams for them not to hurt him?

Pretty much, add in the fact that Big Jim is spying on her with binoculars when it happens, so now he knows that Barbie is alive and Julia/Rebecca lied to him about Barbie's death, and that Barbie got out of the Dome.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

So I was right and I didn't miss a damn thing (expect for the cute dude with the glasses - what's his name).  But why would the army arrest Barbie?  I thought he was on a mission for them?

Edited by bmoore4026

Pauline is the art teacher at the mental hospital and she not only knows about the secret experimental drug, but also has access to it?

What is this drug supposed to be? Apparently, it miraculously cures all mental illness with one small dose.

Barbie didn't look suspicious at all by asking those military guys all kinds of questions about the dome and what they were doing.

Not only did Barbie hold onto the bottom of that truck, but absolutely none of those soldiers saw him toss that case away and jump under the truck. Of course none of them saw him crawl out from under the truck when it stopped either.

I swear this show is being written by a group of 14 year-old kids.

• Love 2

I have questions.

1. Why does Barbie know Joes email address.

2. Why does the military want to keep people from getting emails in Chesters Milll?  Whats the point.?

3. Doe Julia ever think about her poor husband that died less than 3 weeks ago?

4. Why does Jim wan to be in charge of the morons that are left living in Chesters Mill. Does he just want to be the KIng of the Fools?

5. How is Big JIm everywhere all at once?

• Love 3

So I was right and I didn't miss a damn thing (expect for the cute dude with the glasses - what's his name).  But why would the army arrest Barbie?  I thought he was on a mission for them?

I guess they were just blindly arresting anyone near the dome.

I have questions.

1. Why does Barbie know Joes email address.

2. Why does the military want to keep people from getting emails in Chesters Milll?  Whats the point.?

3. Doe Julia ever think about her poor husband that died less than 3 weeks ago?

4. Why does Jim wan to be in charge of the morons that are left living in Chesters Mill. Does he just want to be the KIng of the Fools?

Answers:

1. He shouldn't know it at all.  He's never sent Joe an e-mail, and I don't think he ever read Joe's e-mails that would contain Joe's e-mail address, nor did they ever discuss.  And he didn't know in advance that he would escape the Dome and possibly use e-mail to re-connect with the Scooby Doo gang.

2. If anything you would think they would want to establish full comms with the people in the Dome, to find out what the hell was going on.

3. What husband ?  I'm pretty sure that Barbie doesn't even remember he killed her husband </snark>

4. Big Jim doesn't want the Dome to disappear -- ever.  He knows that the military saw him kill Rev. Coggins at the edge of the Dome, and knows he will be going straight to jail if he gets out from under the Dome.

5. Just Because.  There is no other reason to explain it.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

It's really getting old seeing Big Jim have almost no trouble or consequences from anything he does, no matter how heinous.  Except for Julia, Barbie, Joe, and Norrie, all he has to do is say "I'm sorry" and people who have been direct witnesses to his crap forgive him easily.

And then Sam, Pauline, and Lyle walk in, out, and around mental hospitals at will, even though their presence there is dubious at best and one of them is a patient and one might be.  They sit around trying to figure out the pictures in the postcards as if Pauline didn't paint them herself.  Then she suddenly remembers the last one she made that she was unable to send.

I'm real fuzzy on the stuff with Barbie's dad and that computer guy and the Army and what the heck all that was.  And what exactly does Barbie mean by "not safe"?  Things may not be hunky-dory in Zenith but Chester's Mill isn't exactly a barrel of laughs, either.

Funniest line was probably when Rebecca asked Big Jim who all might hate him and Junior commented something like "this could take a while."  They definitely seem to be trying to make Junior out as not psychotic.  Why do writers always do this?  Make a character completely un-rehabiltate-able (i.e., chaining up their girlfriends in underground bunkers) and then try to wriggle out of it and make him just a poor, misunderstood, perfectly harmless guy?

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Love 1

They changed the opening to say that the dome came down "a few weeks ago" instead of "two weeks ago". Maybe TPTB read these comments and just realized how ridiculous their timeline had become.

DJ Phil must have the superhuman healing powers that only Big Jim hatred can provide.

I liked when Pauline told Sam that he can give Lyle the drug because he was an EMT. I'm pretty sure that one of the seven year old writers this show hired can administer a simple injection. And why did they have Sam wear a lab coat just to help Pauline steal the meds and then have him ditch it when he was actually gave Lyle the shot?

By my admittedly unscientific count, this is now the 357th iteration of the new unselfish and introspective Big Jim. I was glad to see that he may be back to hid e-ville self next week.

Apparently, the power to appoint oneself as sheriff of this shithole rests with the guy who has keys to the office. When Dean Norris put on the badge and picked up the gun, he reminded me of Barney Fife with his pretend gunslinger moves. I hope he's having fun on this show, because this can't be doing much for his career.

Zenith must be a happening town. When Barbie was walking the street, it looked like Times Square on New Years Eve. And I liked when he was sitting in the playground and the kid says to him "What are you doing here?" I like to think that the kid was making a snarky comment on the direction that Mike Vogel's career has taken.

With all that time Barbie had on the outside, why didn't he write "DON'T JUMP" on a piece of paper and take that with him to the Dome, then hold it up for Julia to read?  He must've known that he would have a short period of time to stand at the Dome before he was caught.  And I'm still not clear on why he's keeping secret how he got out of the Dome.  Even if he didn't trust the military and his father's corporation, there's still the media or even Internet  bloggers.

There are villains you love to hate - and then there's Big Jim.  Someone, please, put him out of his Bad Gollum-Good Gollum misery.

Wow, they're not even trying to hide the Microsoft product placement any more, are they? 

I'm glad thuganomics85 mentioned Sleepy Hollow.  That show is proof that you can have a ridiculous premise but still have a good and quite entertaining show if it's well cast, well written, and well executed.  One of my surprise favorite new shows of last season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Joe's hand is completely healed and he doesn't even have a scar. Ex-sherrif DJ Phil has been shot twice in what?...a week? Now he's tearing down windmills, setting cars on fire and getting in fights. I guess the dome has magic healing powers for certain people, so that's a positive thing about being trapped under a dome for some folks.

At least they are acknowledging that Windows can be easily hacked but still big corporations use it...

I don't get it, if you are remote controlling a PC why tell Barbie to type an address and a passcode? the hacker should be doing it.. but I guess they want to promote the show's page houndsofdiana.com

According to my calculations they build a  fence 96 miles in perimeter in less than 2 weeks, impressive!

• Love 1
I swear this show is being written by a group of 14 year-old kids.

I've read lots of stuff by 14-year-olds that was a thousand times better thought out than this. 

Because he's "Big" Jim. Big. He's Big, he can be everywhere, duh.

I'm pretty sure that Barbie doesn't even remember he killed her husband

I'm pretty sure the writers don't remember it either.

And how is Rebecca the second-in-command now? Because she's a science guru? 

While I understand isolating the dome from the public and surrounding it with military personnel, I do not understand why they are not trying to communicate with those inside. Wouldn't they want to know what it's like in there? How many people? How much food? Can they breathe? Is it hot? Or cold? Is anything weird happening?

And the people inside would have even more questions. Any ideas on the cause? What does it feel or look or sound like from the outside? Are there other domes in the world too? What are the plans? What do they advise the domies to do? Can we communicate with our loved ones to let them know we're okay? 

Gawd, it's so stupid.

And they can get the internet down in that cavern way below the school?

Oh, and they had to make a little joke with Drownsie asking "What's The Notebook?" and have Norrie freak out, because har-har, that's so funny, see because Drownsie is from the '80s and never saw The Notebook. Imagine such a cultural adjustment! Although she just sits there grinning like an idiot otherwise, not batting an eye about actual amazing advancements like email. 

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 3

OK, I just have to point this out.

One of the lone Characters of Color who has actually survived to this point (despite being shot TWICE on two separate occasions), DJ Phil has now been put behind bars.  Nicely done, writers.  Put that black man in his place!

I blame my husband for my having watched this episode.  I'm trying to fully break up with this show but he keeps making sure we meet each other every week and then. . .well, I watch and then take my snarky walk of shame here the next morning.

After staying awake for the whole damn episode (which is so unfair because I always fall asleep when I try to watch Hannibal--a far superior show that aired at the same late hour) all I am left with is wondering if there will be a season three and how in Dome's name are they going to manage THAT?

Oh, and the new "computer nerd" guy is going to prove to be this shows Garcia/Abby (Criminal Minds/NCIS).  Just tap-a, tap-a, tap-a on the computer and he'll solve the mystery of the week.  Good thing he's both cute and white.  His character just might survive to see an end to this craptacular show.

• Love 1

He has the skills to take satellite pictures inside the dome, they have been spying on Dale and Julia, photos so advanced they are taken from the side, must be using very advanced satellites... maybe they even have remote cameras inside the dome!

Poor Barbie, he was dropped apparently so far from the dome's edge it took 2-3 hours at least to get to Julia's spot, maybe he had to walk all the way around the dome to meet her... say the vehicle drove 5 miles or so, he had to walk just 5 more to the dome but maybe on the wrong side..

I think it's time for me to give Helix another shot; it was one of the few shows I actually dropped due to ridiculousness, and since I'm still sticking with Under the Dome it would only be fair.

Why would they (Arktaion, the military) intentionally not want to communicate with the people in the dome ?

I do not understand why they are not trying to communicate with those inside.

If anything you would think they would want to establish full comms with the people in the Dome,

Having watched the people of Chesters Mill for 2 seasons I understand (and agree) with the decision to not communicate with them. ;)

Did Food Hoarder Lady say that burning car was "wild with fire"?

Yes she did, and it was probably my favorite line of the night.

Pauline: We have to save Junior !

Yes free the guy who chains girls in his bomb shelter. Pauline just stick to your pre school paintings please. 

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 1

Well, in fairness, I don't think Pauline had a postcard about that.

So, is Sam's shaky hand due to drinking or something else? Pauline didn't seem to concerned.

Aww, Barbie has a new friend.

Ugh, Phil is still alive. Does he still think Barbie killed Dodee? Because he didn't seem too bothered by it when Barbie was sheriff (you know, for that day and a half). Gee, I wonder if Big Jim is going to give up his sheriffdom when Barbie pops back up in town (it's just a matter of when).

I couldn't stand Junior last season. It's saying something that he's one of the few characters I don't seem to mind lately.

Just how badly was the budget cut this year? I am annoyed they apparently didn't want to pay the actor who plays Benny as he only has appeared in a cameo this year when he should have been heavily involved what with his best friend losing his sister and all. It's just weak. And then there is Rebecca who is the most inconsistently written character I have ever seen on ANY television show. Is she Team Big Jim or not?! At least going outside the dome has made it a little more interesting.

With all of the other nonsense on this show, I know this is a kind of ridiculous nitpick... but WTF company out there would name themselves Aktaion?  I mean, I know it sounds kinda cool (maybe?), but you don't think there was at least one person in Marketing who went through a mythology phase as a 12 year old?  "Ummm... maybe we shouldn't name out company after a hunter who gets turned into a stag because of the wrath of a goddess and gets torn to shreds by his hounds?" 
Oh, right.  The writers wanted to have some cool reference so their character Hunter could have a website called houndsofdiana.com

I can't even. (and sorry if this was covered in the comments last week)

• Love 1

Somehow, the dumber this show gets, and the farther from any sense of reality it goes, the more I am enjoying it. I almost didn't watch this season because it was so dumb last summer. And now it is DUMB, and this last episode was very entertaining to me. WEIRD. Maybe it is the joy I am taking in laughing at every single one of these dummies. 

• Love 2

This week on "(Half of These People Aren't Even) Under the Dome"...

The episode starts with a super subtle scene where Big Jim almost reaches for the Holy Bible and instead chooses the gun.  That was so deep I needed a moment to exhaust myself from laughter.

Joe is wasting his time video blogging... get back to the Giant Windmill Construction Labor Camp, kid.  

I did find it hilarious how when Julia insisted on going to the edge of the Dome herself, Norrie said, "We want to see him!!!!!"  Who knew she felt so close to Barbie.  And then Joe was all about how he got to meet Barbie first.  Everyone loves the guy.  Joe was so awe-inspired by Barbie's romantic tendencies of kissing Julia in the rain.  Did he forget he was the one who kissed Norrie for the first time as a nuclear missile exploded overhead?  

Meanwhile, on the scintillating Who-Threw-Garbage-All-Over-the-Street subplot... that was one big tacky billboard for Big Jim's car dealership.  If he stiffed everyone in town by selling lemons, why exactly did the masses hail him as a leader?  Nice decoy with the long list of suspects where there were only 2 people we knew, one as a minor character in one episode, and the other being Phil.  Why did Phil chain Jim up in the prison?  Wouldn't he have taken him elsewhere, maybe some abandoned basement?  If they're going to have Phil be that furious at Jim, at least have him figure out that Jim murdered Dodie.  

When Big Jim was locking Phil up at the end, Phil suddenly went full-out emo and said, "We're never getting out of here alive, are we" as if he and Jim were friends.  This really give credence to the theory that each writer only writes 5 minutes worth of script and passes it off to the next person who doesn't read what came before.

If they wanted to have Big Jim follow Julia around, at least have a subplot that would result in Jim following Julia around.  Half the time, he was dealing with the me, me, me list of suspects, and after talking to Phil, he put binocular-ing Julia on his to-do list?

I'm glad they didn't toss that paperweight.  What if it fell and hit that kid Barbie was creepily talking to in the playground. After telling the kid, "I'm just waiting here hoping a friend shows up to meet me", I'm sure he ran straight to mommy to report him to the police.

Meanwhile, on the Delusional floor of Zenith Hospital, the staff is so dumb anyone can wear a lab coat and pretend to be an employee.  I guess that explains how Pauline got a job there.  "Excuse me, so and so is having seizure" and the lady at the desk deals with that? 

I thought Lyle's mental problems was Dome-escape induced, but apparently, any ol' experimental drug works. 

Remind me again... why is the area around the Dome green with grass?  Did they only nuke one side of the surrounding countryside?   I thought it was the entire perimeter.

Let's end with Rebecca's latest pearls of wisdom... twice is a coincidence, and it takes three times to make a pattern.  By that count, she shouldn't even be speaking to Big Jim.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

When the show opened with a shot of a round skin-covered dome, I thought, "Oh great, now who is pregnant? It better not be Julia." I had to laugh when the pregnant belly turned out to be  Big Jim's bald head.

What was the point of having Phil tear down the windmill, set the car on fire, threaten and handcuff Big Jim, get beat up, and end up back in jail? If this were a different show, one where the writers have memories and pay attention to big details, I would think they were setting up some rivalry in the future, or providing the background as to why they can't use the windmill to solve some other dilemma in the future.  But this show doesn't care what happened in past episodes - First they are out of food, then they are not, now they are again, next week they will have a hot dog eating contest.  Did they just do all this stuff with Phil so the Junior can make me laugh by saying that listing Big Jim's enemies will take a long time (that did make me laugh, but not funny enough to waste a third of the episode)?

• Love 1

Remind me again... why is the area around the Dome green with grass?  Did they only nuke one side of the surrounding countryside?   I thought it was the entire perimeter.

The missile that hit the dome wasn't nuclear, it was the largest non-nuclear missile the military had. Only the area outside that side of the dome was destroyed.

Thanks for reminding me about the bomb... no way in hell I'm watching any episode again.

What was the point of having Phil tear down the windmill, set the car on fire, threaten and handcuff Big Jim, get beat up, and end up back in jail?

Based on the plot sequence, I think it was for Phil's last line about how they're never going to get out of the Dome alive making Big Jim go, "Right, need to keep an eye on the big picture AND SPY ON JULIA so I can contain the situation in a way that only benefits me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, myself and I."

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Why did Phil chain Jim up in the prison?  Wouldn't he have taken him elsewhere, maybe some abandoned basement?

I know of a certain bomb shelter that would have been PERFECT.

Hopefully Phil would have had the good sense to let Big Jim keep his shoes though. Because I think we could all do without that.

What was the point of having Phil tear down the windmill, set the car on fire, threaten and handcuff Big Jim, get beat up, and end up back in jail?

I still have no idea why Phil suddenly went after Big Jim out of nowhere, when they had been all simpatico up until then.  Did the Dome make him do it (hahahaha!)?  Did Dodie appear to him and tell him that Big Jim was the one who killed her and needs to be punished?  I would have loved to see that scene.

I miss skateboard dude.

• Love 3

I loved Big Jim reminding people multiple times during the episode that he had been wrong before, the dome really is all about him.  I'm sure he will have that epiphany again next week and remind people again. 

This show is, no doubt, very silly, but as mindless summer entertainment, I really enjoy it.  I like most of the main characters (or "hate" them as appropriate), Barbie is just gorgeous, as is Julia's magnificent hair, and I loved Norrie's bitch mode while Melanie was trying to appropriate Joe.  It's fun!

King's book has little or nothing to do with this show, other than the title and a few character names, so don't judge the book by the show. 

One thing I don't like about the show is that King does justice to middle-aged women in his books -- he often portays them as strong, smart and attractive. In the book, Julia is in her 40s and very tough as well as very attractive. Not the pretty pretty hysterical princess in the show.  Plus the book has an awesome 40something woman minister, also tough and attractive, not in the show. 

• Love 1

I surely hope the population of Chester's Mill doesn't find out about the wormhole to Zenith.  I can just imagine the skyfall of rocks and bottles with messages to the outside:

"Mom, can I get a driver's license now?  It's so boring around here, and, like, there's nothing to do, and the chemistry teacher gives us way too much homework."

"James, I know you're out there catting around with that floozie Muffy.  If I don't get my child support check within a week you're going to hear from my attorney"

"Benny, it's me, Jake.  Listen, I got this straight from the Dome.  Put $100 on Hounds of Diana to win this weekend.  I'm good for it, you know me."

"Does anyone out there have a recipe for salt pork?"

"Hi, my name is Frank.  I have a 1988 Oldsmobile for sale.  It needs a bit of work, but it runs well.  $800 or best offer.  Please call BR-549 after 6pm"

"Hi, can someone call tech support for me?  My computer keeps locking up on the Excel program, and I have to restart it every time and I keep losing the data."

So there's a red door somewhere, unless it's a metaphor for something else.  Would it have been too much to ask for a green door instead, or is that cultural reference too far outside the demographic for the show?  I'm sure Marilyn would be available for a cameo.

DJ Phil sure healed up nicely from that gunshot wound.

• Love 1
So there's a red door somewhere, unless it's a metaphor for something else.  Would it have been too much to ask for a green door instead, or is that cultural reference too far outside the demographic for the show?  I'm sure Marilyn would be available for a cameo.

Back in the 7th episode of this season, at the end where Barbie and his dad went for a walk in the woods they passed an area where there was a vault or hatch in the ground cover with a red door  -- that just so happened to have 4 handprints painted on it.  So, it's an actual door.

With all that time Barbie had on the outside, why didn't he write "DON'T JUMP" on a piece of paper and take that with him to the Dome, then hold it up for Julia to read?

Actually, that's the problem with the whole show.  NOT that he didn't write "DON'T JUMP" beforehand, but because what he SHOULD have written was, "TELL THE WHOLE FREAKING TOWN TO JUMP!"  The characters on this show who get the camera time all behave almost like the rest of the town doesn't exist, that this whole drama centers around them.  It doesn't even OCCUR to Barbie or Julia or the others "in the know" to start evacuating the town.  That's the fault of the writers, they set up this overarching scenario that impacts a large group of people, but then ignore their presence other than as background filler with no influence over what main goofballs like Big Jim and Barbie and Julia do.

He SHOULD have written was, "TELL THE WHOLE FREAKING TOWN TO JUMP!"

Yeah... basically, Barbie knows his father wants the Egg.  So leave the egg in Chester Mills (maybe Julia can drop it into the Lake again) and everyone jump.  Show over.  Win win for everyone.

Even if there are physical ramifications for jumping (eg. going psycho like Lyle, but there's an experimental drug for that), Barbie wouldn't know about them.

Actually, that's the problem with the whole show.  NOT that he didn't write "DON'T JUMP" beforehand, but because what he SHOULD have written was, "TELL THE WHOLE FREAKING TOWN TO JUMP!"

Is that necessary, or do you just need the "four hands" to jump? If "four hands will hold up the dome and without them it will fall", them leaving through the "back door" ought to bring down the dome without having to kill anyone.

Do they really expect us to believe that Barbie held onto that truck underside the entire way ?

GI's in the cab: "Ooh, look at that mud puddle. Rooster tail, coming up!" Farther down the road, "Jake, watch out for that speed bump this time. Oh, too late"

I'm sure Big Jim and others will be using the red door to travel freely to and from the dome, making it even more ridiculous

The tunnel will inexplicably lead to Mexico, and Big Jim will have to deal with assorted crazy/cruel/unusual people in order to start smuggling propane in, so he can start his drug lab business again. A new show this fall: Under the Bridge.

And Junior decides to show the 'new guy' the ropes of policing -- considering that Junior is the experienced cop on the force having been a deputy sheriff for all of 10-12 days.

Yeah, he seems upset his dad is going to be a cop, because Junior has been excellent in his tracking down and wanting to kill at least 6 people innocent of their alleged crimes.  Worst cop on TV.

Big Jim continues to play everyone like fiddles.  Rebecca only briefly bitches about him breaking in and threatening her, before going back to being his number one fan. 

Yeah, but he brought her a walkie talkie as a peace offering.  She thanked him like he brought her the Holy Grail.

Julia yelling at the Dome was one of those moments where I quit being invested in the scene,,,

Let's see, the guards can't hear her and Barbie can't hear her, so she yells for them to not hurt him and yells his name a number of times.  One of the dumbest scenes of the season. 

Not only did Barbie hold onto the bottom of that truck, but absolutely none of those soldiers saw him toss that case away and jump under the truck. Of course none of them saw him crawl out from under the truck when it stopped either.

A terrible plan than in reality would have never worked.   Why did he throw the case, use more energy and possibly attract attention?  Why not just drop it?  The soldiers at the gate would have saw him when they drove off and he could have never got out from underneath without detection, not withstanding it's highly unlikely he could he held on all that time.  Worst soldiers ever.