Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Second Of His Name

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ottis said:

That was awful. There was no reason to assume more than a couple of men would come out initially when Daemon offered his sword, no reason to think Daemon could fight them off alone, and no reason to assume all the crab people would then charge out to be easy prey for the dragon. That was all amateurish. 

Tywin Lannister would know how to get the Crabfeeders out of the caves...or make sure they never left them.

But now the rains weep o'er his hall with not a soul to hear...

• Love 3
On 9/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, ferjy said:

I got the impression that there was a mystical connection between Rhaenyra and the hart, and she knew it wouldn’t hurt her. 

I suppose the ability to bond with dragons might include a certain ability to bond with other animals as well, but I also don't see why the hart would have charged her. They weren't that close and the hart had many exits available. He wasn't cornered.

• Love 5
On 9/11/2022 at 2:52 AM, Roccos Brother said:

Or maybe I can do what I want, rather than appeasing your strange obsession over what word/phrase/sentence choices I use. *I don't understand* why this is an argument you chose to take on and then rehash over and over, as you were the one to single me out, and I have no interest in seeking clarification at this point. I'm sure you still have many more paragraphs to write about what I say or don't say, but your strange insistence on dissecting everything I post is falling increasingly on deaf ears. 

Arguing with someone named the King of Bullshit seems pointless but slightly entertaining. That said, I think the ball is now in KBS's court. 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:09 PM, Constantinople said:

So Daemon, and by extension Corlys, are the kind of guys that will waive a flag of surrender as a ruse? And people wonder why Daemon has a bad reputation.

Hee, although to me, that is extremely fitting to his character. I can just see someone saying, gee whiz, Daemon, you're kind of one and done with that trick- I hope you never need to surrender or negotiate with anyone ever again. Daemon: um, yeah, I won't. Duh. I guess at that point he figured he really had nothing to lose. He could either be killed by the crab guys or rescued by big brother, and neither of those were more appealing than being the guy who waves the white flag then attacks.

I totally misread Daemon's initial reaction to the letter. I thought he was moved by his brother's offer of help. And I did think Viserys, annoying and obtuse as he generally is, did a reasonable job of wording the letter to not be overly condescending and dismissive. He made it sound like a joint effort with a mutual goal, vs. hey little bro, since you've screwed things up so royally, I am going to come sauntering in and save the day along with your sorry ass. Then he beat up the messenger and I was like, well, got that one wrong.

I am mostly okay with the plot contrivances and Hollywood tropes in this show. I like how so far, there is a large focus on the relationships between the characters, and no one is all good or all bad. I am bummed though that it seems unlikely there will ever be a reconciliation between Alicent and Rhaenyra. I understand Rhaenyra's anger and hurt, but I don't think Alicent is a straight up villain who used Rhaenyra to get to her dad. She is a victim of circumstance much like Rhaenyra, and reliant upon men the same way. If those two partnered up (and I don't mean romantically, I just mean if they compared notes and worked together) they could each help each other a lot, as well as just make their own lives more pleasant. It can't be fun constantly dealing with this tension and anger, and I am sure they both miss their friendship.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Doesn't Otto have multiple sons? The announcer at the Tourney said the one guy was Otto's oldest son. I am rather surprised Otto didn't suggest one of them for Rhaenyra. Before he suggested the baby, I was afraid when he said "close to home" he was going to suggest himself.

• Like 1

lifted my gaze up and beyond, out to the low line of the Chilterns

One could hardly call the Chilterns, aka The Chiltern Hills, 'the burbs' lol. The buildings are within a village or hamlet that is dotted around the area like so:

image.png

Another view:

chilterns.jpg

and just for funsies, here's another

Chilterns-1400.jpg

Besides, the white hart 'decides' nothing, it's symbolic, a portent, not a game of "you're it!" lol 😉

Also? Awwww!

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1