Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Altitude Adjustment

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Didn't that already happen last season when she was upset about Sutton coming into her room uninvited?  She was made to feel like she did something wrong by being upset.  Su

Then there was the way she tried to clue Sutton in on the martini joke and Sutton blasted her for it.  And finally, let's not forget Sutton screaming that her leather pants were ugly - at a party where Sutton had already made a scene because she didn't bring a b-day present but Kyle, Kathy and Crystal gave Garcelle a gift from the three of them. 

So if Crystal isn't Sutton's biggest fan, I don't blame her considering all that. 

I don't blame Crystal for not being Sutton's biggest fan. She's probably the only person who has legitimate reasons to take issue with Sutton. I blame her for holding Sutton to double standards and siding with the soulless thug in a cocktail dress over her. 

Crystal said Sutton hides behind this southern belle thing. Well Diana hides behind being from Bosnia and English not being her first language. Crystal called out Sutton for being snarky, well look who's talking. We never heard about Crystal anywhere, but she was really snarky about Sutton being a nobody. She's also made comments about how the other women dress, how they're too old for their attire. All these women are snarky. It's the freakin Real Housewives. I just don't want them to be cruel bullies like Fox Force 5 + Diana. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
On 9/1/2022 at 3:13 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I see it a bit different

Kyle and Kathy don’t have that oh I’m stopping over and gonna raid your fridge kinda relationship

She was standing in front of the meat asking where the utensil to serve it was  … I mean what was she supposed to do shove people out of the way in that crowed kitchen or ask the person who lives in this house that was in charge of the food hey where is the silverware for this? 

it’s obvious that Kathy was never invited there before is she just supposed to barge in where she wasn’t welcome? I mean she was already being sneared at for asking are you grilling the corn? (Side note my roommate has actually had this fight with his bf who was grilling steaks lol well If you are already grilling why can’t you throw on the corn not realizing that they would take different amounts of time to cook) 

And has you said she has spent so much of her life being waited on that you can’t actually fault her for some social interactions that she is grossly unprepared for when it’s been 50 years since she’s done them really 

I mean I’m sure the dinners and lunches and party’s she goes to are catered 99% of the time 

but that’s just me :) 

I see it much like you did and don’t think Kathy was being that high maintenance. I mean just imagine if Kathy had gone rummaging around in Kyle’s house??? Then Kyle would mock her and say Kathy was just making herself at home. It was a lose/lose situation for her in my opinion. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Didn't that already happen last season when she was upset about Sutton coming into her room uninvited?  She was made to feel like she did something wrong by being upset.  Su

Then there was the way she tried to clue Sutton in on the martini joke and Sutton blasted her for it.  And finally, let's not forget Sutton screaming that her leather pants were ugly - at a party where Sutton had already made a scene because she didn't bring a b-day present but Kyle, Kathy and Crystal gave Garcelle a gift from the three of them. 

So if Crystal isn't Sutton's biggest fan, I don't blame her considering all that. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't blame Crystal for not being Sutton's biggest fan. She's probably the only person who has legitimate reasons to take issue with Sutton. I blame her for holding Sutton to double standards and siding with the soulless thug in a cocktail dress over her. 

Crystal said Sutton hides behind this southern belle thing. Well Diana hides behind being from Bosnia and English not being her first language. Crystal called out Sutton for being snarky, well look who's talking. We never heard about Crystal anywhere, but she was really snarky about Sutton being a nobody. She's also made comments about how the other women dress, how they're too old for their attire. All these women are snarky. It's the freakin Real Housewives. I just don't want them to be cruel bullies like Fox Force 5 + Diana. 

Yeah, I agree—you can not be someone’s fan and also think that abusive language is unacceptable.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

My impression of Crystal is that she uses her traumas, disorders, etc. to play the victim and deflect criticism, while she continues to do her dirty work, on the show. She's another master manipulator and narcissist.

This. This was my first impression of her, which was an unpopular opinion, as I recall.

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I watched carefully. When Diana says that she got off her effin deathbed to attend Garcelle’s party, Rinna hides her face and starts laughing hysterically.

I still say if she was that bad off, her OB should be sued for malpractice.

Rinna laughs like a hyena at anything remotely mean-spirited and petty. Same as Erika.

• Applause 4
On 9/6/2022 at 11:40 AM, pasdetrois said:

My impression of Crystal is that she uses her traumas, disorders, etc. to play the victim and deflect criticism, while she continues to do her dirty work, on the show. She's another master manipulator and narcissist.

I agree. Crystal is a wait and see type of operator. I warmed up to her a little but her aftershow commentary annoyed me because her true nature came out. Sutton is socially awkward but I haven't seen her make it a point to plan an attack. She does stick her foot in her mouth on occasion and in her insecurity she tends to overact which opens the door for the others to try and push this idea that she's aggressive. Pullleezzeee. Even when she's been overly excited and defending herself who the hell is finding her threatening????? That is the narrative that always has me rolling my eyes. Sure, sure she gets intense and may get a bit loud but none of her "outbursts" sent anyone running for the hills so for them to then retell these moments as something concerning or disturbing instead of just annoying bugs the hell outta me. 

I feel like Crystal knew that Sutton was the weak link and the easy target. She hyped up all these dumb grievances and played victim in order to throw Sutton under an imaginary bus Crystal created. She tried it again at the beginning of this season. Do I think Crystal feels a certain kind of way about went down with Sutton? Of course and she has every right to but what I never cared for was the way she tried her best to sensationalize it to the women during her recounts of what happened. We saw the flashbacks of some conversations that were only shown during a flashback that shows us how Crystal shared it as something malicious. Had she stuck with how she felt and not "renacted" Suttons behavior during the 10 second mishap then I probably would have been more sympathetic to Crystals position on the matter. Granted some of the women were trying to police her words but I think the main idea was that they were trying to call her out on deliberately trying to paint Sutton in the worse possible light which I do think was Crystals initial intention. But once Crystal realized her little "I'm the victim" angle wasn't hitting that way because her need to negatively label Sutton stood out. At first it seemed more about labeling Sutton as someone terrible instead of about Crystal expressing embarrassment, vulnerability or distress during that moment. After she realized she was as subtle as a bull in a china shop with her first rehashing of the story she needed an angle that would give her a reason for being so damning towards Sutton and THATS when we get the whole, "Violated", "I have issues" "I was naked" "Sutton was accusatory" blah blah blah  which didn't really pass the sniff test at that point in the situation. 

She did what Diana is doing now which is pick on the mean girls target. I find her rather condescending and dismissive and so her saying that she felt for Diana because Sutton is snarky and mean. She's just mad that she still hasn't really been able to solidify any real connection with these women because her big in last season was picking on Sutton and she couldn't even do that without getting the whole thing sorta turned around on herself. She will always take the opportunity to throw Sutton under the bus and whats sad is Crystal really doesn't have what it takes to throw down like the others. She should just pick a side, keep her head down and hope she doesn't get replaced like boring Teddi. She'd probably have more luck if she was on the Sutton Garcelle side but Crystals a pick me, popular girl wanna be (like Teddi) so she'll try to be the cool girls mascot but will still fall to the wayside. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

How many hours a day does Kyle spend on Instagram?

All this hyper focus every season the last few on petty crap instead of real things. I’m tired of the deflecting and making something out of nothing.

I have been rewatching (listening) old seasons and Lipsa and Vyle have been the instruments that have led the show down this awful path.

These people are disgusting excuses for human beings.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

How many hours a day does Kyle spend on Instagram?

All this hyper focus every season the last few on petty crap instead of real things. I’m tired of the deflecting and making something out of nothing.

I have been rewatching (listening) old seasons and Lipsa and Vyle have been the instruments that have led the show down this awful path.

These people are disgusting excuses for human beings.

I just can’t with Kyle calling Sutton a mean girl over freaking Instagram. So the woman Kyle got physical with and questioned her miscarriages, was threatened by Erika, repeatedly called the c word by both Erika and Diana who cackled over it, SHE’S the mean girl for an unfollow? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2022 at 8:14 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Wait, does Kyle have a scale model of her house in her yard?!?

Thank you! I was wondering way too much about this! At first I thought it might be a dog house or a children’s play house, but the doors are too small. Could it be a giant dollhouse? Her kids are not that young. Then I thought it might be a feature of the putting green somehow …but HOW? What is going on???

On 8/31/2022 at 9:01 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh for God’s sake, Diana, it's not like Sutton physically attacked you. She’s apologized and while I can understand she doesn't want to be friends with Sutton, Diana's also fixated on Sutton in a really unhealthy way.

Right! The thing is, at Garcelle’s party, Sutton was really dismissive of Diana’s health issues. I can actually understand why Diana was hurt by that! But how many times has Sutton apologized now? And Diana just keeps coming after her and after her, each time nastier than the last. And with nobody standing up for Sutton except for Garcelle (sorta) it’s become quite painful to watch. 

It’s also worth noting that Diana began picking at Sutton BEFORE the conversation at Garcelle’s party, so this can’t be ALL about Sutton’s treatment of her miscarriage. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2022 at 9:11 PM, MyMaui said:

You couldn't put a piece of corn on the grill Mo, seriously?  How was Kathy being high maintenance?  She asked for napkins and silverware. A host would have had those things out.  It's not like she has been to the home to know where they are.

I mean, all of these people are awful so it’s hard to have a dog in any fight, but I was actually with Mo on this one. It’s rude to go into someone else’s house and ask that your food be cooked a different way. And it seemed like preparations were already being made for the corn to be boiled. Mo’s exasperated response also suggested to me that he’s used to these kinds of requests from Kathy. (Because I may or may not have used the same tone with certain relatives in the past…) 

Agree about the napkins/silverware though! 

• Love 1
On 8/31/2022 at 9:41 PM, janiema said:

Keeping Garcelle, Sutton, Crystal, Kathy and Dorit could bring this show back to its roots of having a mostly wealthy if occasionally tone deaf cast. Those five could once again reliably be taken to charity events and galas without causing a scene and ruining the whole event. Most of them could even afford their own tickets. Glamour, which involves a certain amount of integrity and good manners  is sorely missing from Erika, Rinna, Kyle and Diana.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think it would be a boring show with just those women. There needs to be *some* sort of conflict or intrigue. I think they should keep TWO of the FFF and we could see how they fare when they’re not in the majority. My tentative votes would be for Kyle and Erika. 

On 8/31/2022 at 10:34 PM, BusyOctober said:

Diana needs to shed the fake humanoid shroud she’s been inhabiting, and have her evil essence captured in a bottle, and hurled back into Hell.  I swear, I can smell sulfur when she’s on screen.

Oh man, I would pay money for Andy to read this aloud at the reunion. 

• Love 1
On 8/31/2022 at 11:37 PM, njbchlover said:

I'm still reeling from this.  As I said earlier - this episode tops all other distrubing episodes of all the franchises of housewives.  Nothing even comes close at this point.

I’d still put RHOOC’s “Naked Wasted” at the top of that list but yeah… I usually love this show but I kept watching this episode in little increments and then pausing to go do other stuff. It was almost like a chore to get through. 

43 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think Kyle and Dorit would provide enough drama without it getting too ugly.

I could see that. I’d like to keep Erika on because I’d really, really like to see her get her comeuppance. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

That’s what I was hoping would have happened this season.

Same! But I think with the dissolution of the Coven, it would HAVE to happen, right? Garcelle, Crystal, and Sutton are not Erika fans, and I think in the absence of the other FFF Kyle would turn on her in a heartbeat. I do not get the sense that Kyle and Erika are actually friends outside of the show.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ladle said:

I mean, all of these people are awful so it’s hard to have a dog in any fight, but I was actually with Mo on this one. It’s rude to go into someone else’s house and ask that your food be cooked a different way. And it seemed like preparations were already being made for the corn to be boiled. Mo’s exasperated response also suggested to me that he’s used to these kinds of requests from Kathy. (Because I may or may not have used the same tone with certain relatives in the past…) 

Agree about the napkins/silverware though! 

Her tone, to me, came off entitled and critical, like she was chastising the staff.  Kathy just triggers me, I think lol. Even with her tequila presentation. They flashed back to her having done it before. Its no excuse for Kyle to be so rude, but I have a feeling theyve been audience to this sales pitch many times and were sick of it. Didn't Rinna say "Here we go, again!?"

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ladle said:

Same! But I think with the dissolution of the Coven, it would HAVE to happen, right? Garcelle, Crystal, and Sutton are not Erika fans, and I think in the absence of the other FFF Kyle would turn on her in a heartbeat. I do not get the sense that Kyle and Erika are actually friends outside of the show.  

Agree. I think they're work friends. I remember when Erika was upset last season by the convo Kyle, Dorit, PK, and Mauricio had. The beginning of this season we saw Erika tell Mauricio he hurt her feelings. It sounded like she hadn't seen him since season 11 wrapped. Dorit and PK seem to have a level of friendship where they regularly hang out with the Umanskys. And Kyle had such a love fest with Teddi, there was no questioning that friendship. Kyle and Erika are probably only friends so they have allies for the show. 

And don't judge me y'all, but I can relate to Erika in some ways. I'm more reserved and don't like to drink or be up partying all night. That's not Kyle's vibe. She likes women she can have slumber parties with. She prefers obnoxious, drunk Erika who curses out kids and hits on married men to the Erika of prior seasons. She's not a fan of laidback, relaxed Erika, and to me, that's no real friendship. Someone shouldn't have to entertain you with crazy antics for you to want to be around them. I also remember how Erika said she wasn't a fan of women friends, and I think she's probably still that way. Eileen was asked about Erika in an interview, and she said she had texted her but never heard back. I think if one of them were to no longer be on the show, the friendship would be a wrap. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/2/2022 at 10:52 AM, RealHousewife said:

I think you're totally right. Early on, I thought Kyle was jealous of popularity and/or looks. She IS beautiful and gets lots of attention, but she had a pattern of only gelling with less popular Housewives and clashing with the beautifully built blondes. She and Camille were like oil and water, and she hated Brandi on sight. At the time, she said it was out of loyalty to Vanderpump. Sure. lol She never had Vanderpump's back before or after, so I call bs on that. 

I don't think she's jealous of looks so much anymore. As ugly as her personality can be, Erika is a beautiful woman. Ditto Dorit. But fans don't like them. Kyle liked Sutton more in the beginning, but she likes her less as her popularity grew. Same with Brandi. When Brandi was the new girl who hadn't done a thing, she cackled over her. She was still not great with Brandi when she became a fan favorite. Kyle warmed up to Brandi as the seasons went on and Brandi's behavior became worse and she lost fans. 

Stupid things like what Denise Richards had at parties were an issue for Kyle. Denise dolling up was an issue for Kyle. I totally understood "I'm Denise fucking Richards" Kyle. She may not live for glam or be obsessed with money, but Denise is known for her beauty, cleaning up well, and has the money to throw her kids nice parties. 

I agree with the posts that some people like Kyle probably don't care for Garcelle due to her popularity either, but they tread a little more softly with her due to race. Garcelle even said she felt that season 1. I don't think Kyle is racist personally. I think she's an equal opportunity offender, and she prefers to offend whoever fans like the most.

Kyle hated that Vanderpump manipulated story, but she does it more than anyone. She just hated that Vanderpump was more graceful about it and fans took to her more. 

Kyle had been trying to take LVP down since the first season. Kyle recruited Brandi to help her.  LVP was a fan favorite and Vile Klye, Lisa Rhinna, Yolanda, Kim and Erika and Dorit couldn't stand it. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think Brandi was LVP's lapdog first. Especially in season 3.

Yes she was , but it didn't take long for Kyle to recruit her, especially when she became friend with her sister Kim. Anyone that would take on Lisa , Kyle was all for it. Remember Adrienne and Kyle tried to take her down and the fans drug them for filth.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1

Brandi and LVP drove Adrienne off the show, a coven of a different kind.

Also Kyle never recruited Brandi. Brandi was insecure about Kyle and LVP becoming somewhat closer again in season 4 and decided to flip on LVP about the tabloid magazines.

Then in season 5 Brandi suddenly realized she disliked both Kyle and LVP while somehow maintaining a friendship with Kim.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, byrd said:

Yes she was , but it didn't take long for Kyle to recruit her, especially when she became friend with her sister Kim. Anyone that would take on Lisa , Kyle was all for it. Remember Adrienne and Kyle tried to take her down and the fans drug them for filth.  

Brandi was never friendly with Kyle. Quite the opposite. She was LVP's lapdog and was used to attack (was a surrogate for LVP) Adrienne for a whole season because Lisa had personal issues with Adrienne. The episodes/reruns were on a couple of days ago. Brandi claimed Adrienne "lies all the time" because she didn't reveal to the world that her twins were carried by a surrogate. Brandi eventually found out that Lisa drops people she doesn't need anymore.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1