Type keyword(s) to search

Movies you love most people haven't heard of

• Start Topic

One of my favorite movies is Seven Minutes In Heaven from 1985.  It featured Jennifer Connelly when she was 14.  She was very cute and was great in the role.

It was about three friends and growing up and the mistakes made.  What I liked about it was the kids were given more respect that just being hormone ridden teenagers.  

It's very much a movie I watch every few years to recapture my innocence.  The closing scene I'll just leave it is very very sweet along with the song that plays.  I know some people would find it cheesy as anything but I loved it.  

It's just not a movie anyone I know has heard of 

• Love 3

I am dragon. 

It is a Russian Movie. So you may get subtitles. The dubbed version I think is free on You Tube.

It is a crazy romantic movie. With a good story.

Basically for years this village lived in terror of a dragon. They used to give the dragon a female sacrifice to keep the dragon happy for a generation. Finally a hunter killed the dragon. Years later the village is celebrating the marriage of a princess to the grandson of the person who slayed the dragon. The grandson decides to sing the song they used to use to summon the dragon as a tribute to his grandfather. Everyone thinks the dragon is dead... but... the dragon shows up and snatches the princess.

And we go from there.

Great music and great effects. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh also, Teenage Dirtbag.  It sounds and looks like it is going to be terrible but I thought it was pretty moving. 

It concerns two teenagers in high school. One the popular cheerleader with the middle class life... and one the teenage dirtbag from the abusive family on the wrong side of the tracks. 

They generally know each other for their entire life being in alphabetical order in school but one year a stray remark by the girl has the dirtbag take notice of her,  it is a journey of confusion and romantic pain in high school and I think we can all relate to that.  

Scott Michael Foster is really excellent as someone in a lot of pain and confusion.  The writer says this wasn't a real life story but it so much plays like one I can't believe her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, BooBear said:

I am dragon. 

It is a Russian Movie. So you may get subtitles. The dubbed version I think is free on You Tube.

It is a crazy romantic movie. With a good story.

Basically for years this village lived in terror of a dragon. They used to give the dragon a female sacrifice to keep the dragon happy for a generation. Finally a hunter killed the dragon. Years later the village is celebrating the marriage of a princess to the grandson of the person who slayed the dragon. The grandson decides to sing the song they used to use to summon the dragon as a tribute to his grandfather. Everyone thinks the dragon is dead... but... the dragon shows up and snatches the princess.

And we go from there.

Great music and great effects. 

Thank you for recommending this! I finally got around to watching (and was able to find subbed instead of dubbed, which is always a bonus) and really enjoyed it. Lovely movie, good chemistry, definitely worth a rewatch at some point.

• Love 1

French film "The beat that my heart skipped" with Romain Duris. It's an electrifying performance by Duris and the film is very stylish and propels you on as a viewer,  in its depiction of the petty half-legal world he inhabits in his job, the anxiety dealing with his terrible father or the stillness when he's playing piano. Beautiful film.

• Like 1

Swimming Pool, from 2003.  Ludivine Sagnier is such a star.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, BlueSkies said:

One of my favorite movies is Seven Minutes In Heaven from 1985.  

This made me think of "Made in Heaven" which I also like and could fit in this topic.

• Like 1