Type keyword(s) to search

Inmate To Roommate - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2022 at 12:05 AM, MrBuhBye said:

While dropping chicken in sizzling oil.

I think she pegs Mark but he doesn’t return the favor.

Hahaha tonight he totally called her out for coming to his door the minute her husband left for work!

I don't eat meat ether and I can't even stand those two!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm wondering if the people who volunteer to house these ex-cons are in any way responsible for the parolees staying on the straight and narrow.  If it's housing and ONLY housing they are providing, I'd say the Doc should just let DQ do his thang and roll with the punches.  Don't say I didn't warn you, DQ!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Wearing suggestive clothing no less! Except I have a feeling that he means leggings or yoga pants. 

Sometimes those have total camel toe and those pants caught on when he was in prison so he may have been unaware of the trend.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mark and Shart's friend who visited was involved in prison ministries? I was thinking more like a parole officer. I'm not saying that Bill isn't entitled like the rest of these brats, but people in the ministry should be more like counselors - at least the ones I know are. Very patient, understanding and forgiving. The so-called Christians on this show leave a bad taste in my mouth. Like I squeezed a ton of Ranch dressing in my mouth and the aftertaste will not go away.

• Love 3

So many crazies I don’t even try to remember their names. Here today and gone tomorrow!

Those two crazies hosting Bill need to stop praying and get ahold of themselves. The Lord helps those that help themselves!  Why would two crazies host an ex con?  The show and money is my guess!

The frying chicken lady finally tossed her guest!  Why would she take that upon herself and how can she afford bags of food delivered to her door?

Now…why would braids and his roommate girlfriend take a recovering alcoholic to marti gra?  He’s nuttier than the guy he’s got living with him. Not a lick of sense in those two do gooders!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 9/28/2022 at 2:44 AM, xls said:

Hahaha tonight he totally called her out for coming to his door the minute her husband left for work!

And every time it was brought up in their list of why we hate Bill,  Sharna jumped in right away with "which is a lie!"  Every damn time.

Hook me up with the group going to Sharna's house to search her closet.  Mark seemed positive she doesn't own a negligee--that's sort of sad, coming from her husband.  I was thinking more in terms of leaving buttons unbuttoned, or wearing tights without a big top, although I can't see Sharna in tights, ever.  I'd pay money to see her dressed the way she was when Bill found her clothing "provocative."

Which is, of course, a lie.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

So many crazies I don’t even try to remember their names. Here today and gone tomorrow!

Those two crazies hosting Bill need to stop praying and get ahold of themselves. The Lord helps those that help themselves!  Why would two crazies host an ex con?  The show and money is my guess!

The frying chicken lady finally tossed her guest!  Why would she take that upon herself and how can she afford bags of food delivered to her door?

Now…why would braids and his roommate girlfriend take a recovering alcoholic to marti gra?  He’s nuttier than the guy he’s got living with him. Not a lick of sense in those two do gooders!

Just like  Wife Swap & the 90 day franchise these shows aim to hook up people who  are polar opposites of each other and of course there is conflict -its a formula 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

You just know Sharna wears men’s pajamas.  No wonder Mark moved to a different bedroom.  I did think it was weird that they were praying over a bed.  I thought little kids do that before going to sleep.

Oh, I beg to differ about the men's pajamas.  That's *sexy*, Mr. BB.  Haven't you seen any Doris Day movies?

No, Sharna's pajamas are ladies' pajamas, flannel in winter, cotton in summer (I almost said nylon, but that's too clingy and might suggest the presence of lady parts) (which Mark would just as soon not know about, thank you very much) (or maybe Sharna would just as soon not want Mark to know about as it might inflame carnal impulses).

No, bedtime is not sexytime for Mark and Sharna (she's saving herself for...Santa?  Jesus?  Bill?).  That's why I think it's so sad that Bill was quick to say that Sharna didn't have any negligees.  I think there was a note of sadness to his declaration.

Look.  It's none of my business, but does Sharna have any children of her own?  They sleep in separate bedrooms.  She doesn't own a negligee.  Is Sharna a Vestal Virgin?

No negligee *sigh*.

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Eh I don’t find crossdressing in either direction sexy.  But to each their own.

Oh, Mr. Buhbye...

This is not cross-dressing.  This is *sex* dressing:

image.png.31babc2e404ef2b011b09ce59e2a848b.png

• Love 1

Furthermore, there's famously Claudette Colbert:

image.png.e36853fe222a70d5c0cab7f451a72e0d.pngimage.png.3082f296c02134919022a4125df3d3c0.png

and Brigette Bardot:

image.png.33a99f1768cab29e687ac6b7dd8a986b.png

And now I'm realizing this may be a generational thing.  How old are you, anyway, Mr. Buhbye?  I think I may have outlived certain definitions of "sexy" and I sure as hell have watched movies older than dirt.

Carry on.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

How old are you, anyway, Mr. Buhbye?

You first.  I watched one Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie and I was bored to tears.  Perhaps because there was no real chemistry between the closeted Hudson and Day.  But we are getting far off topic so I think we can agree strange things are afoot in Elkhart.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Uncle Joe was too strict.  He's been couch surfing and doing what he has to do to get by.  I'll keep my thoughts to myself on these comments.

Poor Henry, I hope this works out well but DQ is a spoiled, entitled brat and I see him doing the same thing he did when he first moved in.

Kicking her friend of 10 years out and letting Arielle move in and it's not working out. This story line makes no sense. Why did Quinn need to move out.

Sharda has a face made for a future Snapped episode. Something is just off about her.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Uncle Joe was too strict.  He's been couch surfing and doing what he has to do to get by.  I'll keep my thoughts to myself on these comments.

Poor Henry, I hope this works out well but DQ is a spoiled, entitled brat and I see him doing the same thing he did when he first moved in.

Kicking her friend of 10 years out and letting Arielle move in and it's not working out. This story line makes no sense. Why did Quinn need to move out.

Sharda has a face made for a future Snapped episode. Something is just off about her.

DQ is a complete and total idiot.  That’s the problem with idiots, they don’t even know how dumb they are.

Henry, just be done with this loser.  You tried.

DQ needs to swallow his “pride?”  What does he have to be proud of?  

Awesome that stimulus checks meant for people to keep their heads above water are used for $350 bottles and piercings.  God forbid you use that money to start your life, and help you get ahead.  

Beeker and Shart printing up the text messages.  🤣  That girlfriend- woof!  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Awesome that stimulus checks meant for people to keep their heads above water are used for $350 bottles and piercings.  God forbid you use that money to start your life, and help you get ahead.  

You forgot the 24 inch rims & ICE that cost more than the vehicle it's in from tax returns & extra unemployment payments.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I truly need a man like Dr. Henry in my life.  Just the way he was asking DQ what he needed; I'm sure no one has ever asked him that before.  Hopefully DQ realizes how good a friend/mentor the doctor really is.

• Love 6

I could not believe Dr Henry cleaned the place up!  I mean that was a hoarding nightmare!

Then he swept the outside stairs!  Wow 

I do think he will be a good mentor to D if only D will listen and the uncle stays home!

Bill, Bill what will they do with Bill?  He is interesting and I think that’s part of his schnick!  Criminals are very clever. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 9/30/2022 at 8:27 AM, Rebky said:

Mark and Shart's friend who visited was involved in prison ministries? I was thinking more like a parole officer. I'm not saying that Bill isn't entitled like the rest of these brats, but people in the ministry should be more like counselors - at least the ones I know are. Very patient, understanding and forgiving. The so-called Christians on this show leave a bad taste in my mouth. Like I squeezed a ton of Ranch dressing in my mouth and the aftertaste will not go away.

Alicia has been in several prison documentaries.  She spent alot of time in solitary in prison she said and that the main reason women in prison get sent is for sex. She claims a girlfriend in prison. She's married now to some man who is/was a parole officer.

Here's some links. There's a lot more about her on the internets.

Clip of her in ID Channel’s Women in Prison: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnA_3YCxJeI

When her last name was Brown: https://2paragraphs.com/2016/04/women-in-prison-alicia-caught-in-kmart-pharmacy-for-prescription-fraud/

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 4
On 10/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I could not believe Dr Henry cleaned the place up!  I mean that was a hoarding nightmare!

Then he swept the outside stairs!  Wow 

I feel so cheated!  What happened with/to Henry that he got his shit together?  Is this going to be a crossover with one of the hoarding shows?  How could they not show us Henry's process?

And I think having a nice(r) place to live will make a difference to DairyQueen, the smug little asshole.  Like all of these guys, he feels that now that he is out of prison, he ought to be able to do anything he wants, including all the things that got him in prison in the first place.  The blithe dismissal of rules about what he can and can't do while on parole--he doesn't want to ?listen? to that?--makes me want to slap him silly.

He was not brought up right.

But now that he's living in a middle-classy type of home, with a mentor who is amazing patient and caring toward him--who really wants to hear what he thinks--he has a lot more to lose if he fucks up again.

Dr. Henry is a saint.  I would get arrested myself if I were in his situation--assault and battery.  And no jury who saw DQ in action would ever convict me.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2022 at 1:41 AM, LEILANI2 said:

I thought he said Uncle Joe was chaos and didn’t elaborate? He said the Dr. Was too strict. Uncle Joe helped stir the pot then left DQ high and dry. It was mentioned that he also had a criminal past. I think he was jealous DQ chose the Dr. And tried to screw it up for him.  If I were the Dr. I would leave that ungrateful little punk to fend for himself. Good for the Dr. For cleaning his home. I think he is a very nice man who means well but should not allow DQ to live with him

What did Bill’s girlfriend do to her face? Bad plastic surgery? LOL at Bill denying that they said they wanted him out of the house.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I thought he said Uncle Joe was chaos and didn’t elaborate? He said the Dr. Was too strict. Uncle Joe helped stir the pot then left DQ high and dry. It was mentioned that he also had a criminal past. I think he was jealous DQ chose the Dr. And tried to screw it up for him.  If I were the Dr. I would leave that ungrateful little punk to fend for himself. Good for the Dr. For cleaning his home. I think he is a very nice man who means well but should not allow DQ to live with him

What did Bill’s girlfriend do to her face? Bad plastic surgery? LOL at Bill denying that they said they wanted him out of the house.

Oh I'll have to rewatch then, I thought DQ  claimed  Uncle Joe was too strict.

I wish we got to see more of the DR cleaning up his home. He really has had the best turn around arc so far and does seem like a nice guy. Hopefully we don't find out something sordid about him in the near future after I said this lol.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

And WHY does Bill need 2 phones? Not like one is a work phone.... guy's shady AF!

And nasty too! Some of the things he said to Mark and Sharta were real low blows, like ragging on their marriage. They’re crazy and shouldn’t have locked him out and all but Bill is a real piece of work. And speaking of work, let us know when that book sale and movie comes through, Bill. I’ll be holding my breath.

Nick looks stoned in his talking heads. I hope the blonde knitting woman holds her ground. What part of “no company at the house” was unclear to him? Now he whines and counterattacks at a pretty basic rule, and I’m sure his friend is a felon, he shouldn’t be around her in the first place.

As dumb as DQ is, at least he’s aware enough to know the Dr. is a good influence, and he seeks advice from him.The odds for DQ aren’t good but he’s miles ahead of someone like Nick, who is stuck in Imma Gonna Do What I Want mode. 

Only one episode left? I hope this series is renewed, I’m hooked. Good job A&E.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Pandora said:

And nasty too! Some of the things he said to Mark and Sharta were real low blows, like ragging on their marriage. They’re crazy and shouldn’t have locked him out and all but Bill is a real piece of work. And speaking of work, let us know when that book sale and movie comes through, Bill. I’ll be holding my breath.

Only one episode left? I hope this series is renewed, I’m hooked. Good job A&E.

Bill is such an ass!  And yeah looking forward to seeing his book made into a movie HAHAHA!  So glad he has that phone, I'm sure Hollywood is calling now!

I PRAY for renewal.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

And WHY does Bill need 2 phones? Not like one is a work phone.... guy's shady AF!

One of them might be the free government phone.  I have seen people who have this phone and also have a verizon or metro phone too.  They usually use the government one for back-up and carry and use the other phone.  Bill may have had both in his hands because he was returning from his trip and carried both on him.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, Pandora said:

And speaking of work, let us know when that book sale and movie comes through, Bill. I’ll be holding my breath.

If it’s the one about Robert Durst, HBO already did a hugely popular documentary series about him so there may be little demand for more on the topic.  Look how people ignored the second season of Tiger King.

Assuming that Bill flew into a major city I’m pretty sure he could get to Elkhart, which is close to South Bend, for less than the $450 he allegedly spent on ground transport.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Pandora said:

I agree.  I mean, Sharna and Mr. Sharna are weird as fuck, but they seem to be perfectly happy with each other.  Sure, they apparently don't sleep together, but I'm sorry to inform you, Bill, that not all married couples sleep in the same bed, and it has nothing to do with sex but everything to do with snoring, room termperature, lights and/or tv on to fall asleep, etc.

And I want to know what's going on with Mary's face, as long as we're getting personal, Bill.

They shouldn't have locked him out but allowed him to stay for a specified time, maybe a week or so, to get his shit together, talk to his PO, and find another place to live.  Bill has bragged about having lots of friends who would take him in, so let's see that happen.

And the parole board agreed with him that "author" counts as a job.  Yes, it does, if you're earning anything from it.  Did the PB think that after you sit typing at a computer for 40 hrs/wk, a check arrives in the mail?  I think it should be like the IRS:  before you can deduct expenses from an occupation, you have to show income from it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Mark and Sharna are crazy as …. And Bill is full of it. 

I sure hope they renew for a second season!

They have pretty good plot lines for most of the cast looking at what we have to work with talent wise!  Lol

• Applause 4
On 10/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

I called Bill a con from the jump. He does have an amazing ability to make himself appear to be the aggrieved party. His sense of entitlement is off the charts. I’ve had more than enough experience with people like him; they are maddening.

Why does DQ remind me of Omar (The Wire)? Something about the way he holds his head?

I love this show and hope it gets renewed. I think it would find a bigger audience on TLC—A.) Because it’s so instructive (The Learning Channel!! 🤣🤣🤣) and B.) The TLC audience “gets” schlocky shows like this. That being said, in my experience, the first season of a reality show is usually the best one because it’s all  nuts (heh) and bolts, without the formulaic, contrived plots.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I called Bill a con from the jump. He does have an amazing ability to make himself appear to be the aggrieved party. His sense of entitlement is off the charts. I’ve had more than enough experience with people like him; they are maddening.

Why does DQ remind me of Omar (The Wire)? Something about the way he holds his head?

I love this show and hope it gets renewed. I think it would find a bigger audience on TLC—A.) Because it’s so instructive (The Learning Channel!! 🤣🤣🤣) and B.) The TLC audience “gets” schlocky shows like this. That being said, in my experience, the first season of a reality show is usually the best one because it’s all  nuts (heh) and bolts, without the formulaic, contrived plots.

Might be a better fit on WeTV with all their other inmate shows.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Were we ever told explicitly what Mark and Sharna do for a living?  We've seen them in surgical scrubs, so I'm assuming it's something medical, and William Steal made some disparaging remarks that I can't recall about their shitty jobs.  Are they nursing assistants?  If they're practical nurses, that's nothing to turn your nose up at (not that NAs are either).  Are they phlebotomists?  I am curious (yellow).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Were we ever told explicitly what Mark and Sharna do for a living?  We've seen them in surgical scrubs, so I'm assuming it's something medical, and William Steal made some disparaging remarks that I can't recall about their shitty jobs.  Are they nursing assistants?  If they're practical nurses, that's nothing to turn your nose up at (not that NAs are either).  Are they phlebotomists?  I am curious (yellow).

I wonder too

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

He said something about changing colostomy bags. 

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I find Bill to be a character and it sucks me in, however I really doubt Sharna and Mark as that horrible like he is saying. Bill seems to like to push the buttons and he also lies. At first I was like what, no meat in the house, but seeing that they are vegetarian, most normal people would understand and respect those rules. As far as them not co-sleeping, like someone said above, a lot of married couples don't and it doesn't mean their relationship is troubled. Seems like they work different shifts so that can probably explain it. Ari's "friend" I can't remember her name, I think she has a crush on Ari, and she needs to fix that pink poodle puff she has going on. DQ is an idiot, Dr. Henry is so good with him and forgiving. Guess he and uncle Joe tanked, he probably is better off with Dr. Arti seems like a sweet person, I wonder if she is crushing on whats his face? Sandra is the blonde? The one that crochets? I can't for the live of me understand why she allowed this dude into her house, its even small for two people let alone a dickhead   

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So much of their conflict could have been resolved if they had given Bill his own fridge. You would think they could have gotten an older fridge for cheap and put it  in the garage for him to put his meat and ice cube trays. 

Artie is a very nice woman and I hope it's just that she has a big kind heart that she's helping him and not because she's in love with him.

Sandra the blonde lady always looks like she's on drugs herself so it's funny she's so obsessed with him doing drugs and acting like she doesn't care.

I wouldn't mind a second season or a follow up to see how things are going for these people.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

These people are supposed to be living Christ-like.  God doesn't like  ugly and their treatment of a fellow human being is very ugly and hard to watch.   Your supposed to inspire throgh example, instead to talk down to him, degrade him and worst of all cast judgement!!  That is just embarrassing.  It is evident that something incentivized them...the monetary motivation from being on the show more than likely.   Because  you can tell that they don't care about him or even entertain his perspective on subjects.  That's not very christ like either and gives a bad name to Christians.   I wish him the best...with his humility and how he is trying to live his life Christ like, however, real, is a much better portrayal.  He will take his experiences of how they treated him with him and turn them into opportunities to do well in life with his new start, watch!!!  Continue to take the high road man!

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, concerned being said:

He will take his experiences of how they treated him with him and turn them into opportunities to do well in life with his new start, watch!!!  Continue to take the high road man!

Hi Bill, hope you have thicker skin than you seem to....

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/17/2022 at 7:59 PM, Mothra said:

Personal support workers ( if that is what they do) are criminally underpaid. Helping the sick and elderly with day to day tasks is hard work. If Bill snarked on that then he is an asshole.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Personal support workers ( if that is what they do) are criminally underpaid. Helping the sick and elderly with day to day tasks is hard work. If Bill snarked on that then he is an asshole.

Bill doesn’t seem too long from that reality either. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

So Sandra was right about Nick and now blames them for his relapse. Dude was nodding out from day one. Take some responsibility!  

Mary’s face though, I am guessing that she paid for that car. We all know that no one is buying his books.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

People who do this kind of work have a special quality of personality--I'm thinking of the women who work in my daughter's group home.  They 1000% aren't doing it for the money.  They have a special love and compassion for people who need help in the most basic ways; people who do this work are born, not made.

In Mark and Sharna's case, too, their religious faith may also have something to do with their choosing this work. 

• Love 8

I am sad this season ended. I do hope another season is in the works. I am glad to see that they did do a recap and I hope the best for them. I also hope that DQ becoming a father is good for him and to have the support of Dr Henry he was so lucky and I think he appreciates it. Trevor seemed like he genuinely wanted to help Nick, but I do agree that Sandra was going in way to hard, however he is an adult and can't blame them for his relapse, but maybe their home was not the best choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2