Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Du-Bye Girl

• Start Topic

After Lesa and Ayan say goodbye to a loved one, Sara arranges a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Ras Al Khaimah for the ladies; while the group experiences fun and culture in the desert, drama is brewing just beneath the surface.

Airing Wednesday, August 24, 2022.

• Love 1

Trying to ride a camel in those long gowns???  Ack!! 

Of course, it wouldn’t be a RH gathering without having to hash out grievances!  “Are we all okay with one another?” (Paraphrasing) 🥴🥴🥴😩😂😂

• LOL 3

I really noticed the editing on this episode.  In one shot it looks like Sarah is on the camel wearing heels but when she is seen getting off the camel which looks like minutes later she seems to have different shoes on.   There were other instances of long shots and close ups that were put together out of time sequence.    Also, not to take any sympathy away from Ayan, but she confuses her story.  She admits the exact age of her sister is unknown but she reflects on the horror of her past where she was five and her sister 6 1/2.  Later she says her sister is either 4 or 3 years older.  Her story is heart breaking in any case and I really enjoyed seeing her talk to her sister on the phone.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

So Is Stanbury really doing IBF? She had problem pregnancies before and she is 46. In addition, she doesn’t seem to want more children and can barely tolerate her hot, imbecile husband. 
None of this seems authentic.

Also, what is the appeal of the current fashion in their talking heads with those god awful shoes?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Also, not to take any sympathy away from Ayan, but she confuses her story.  She admits the exact age of her sister is unknown but she reflects on the horror of her past where she was five and her sister 6 1/2.  Later she says her sister is either 4 or 3 years older.  Her story is heart breaking in any case and I really enjoyed seeing her talk to her sister on the phone.  

She was talking about two sisters, not one.  The one on facetime talked about what Ayan had to endure, not what we had to endure.

• Useful 4

I might be the only only one but I think Ayan sharing the horrors of her childhood was to garner sympathy for acting like an ass for much of the season. It felt like poor acting at its best. That said she was probably the best of this dismal bunch. 
Sergio seems like a man child being ridiculed by his mom wife. 
Brooks son called her a gold digger. Snicker. 
Sara is full of shit. 
Nina is boring. 
Leesa could be fun with the right group. Instead she went for having fake beefs with women she doesn’t care about.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I might be the only only one but I think Ayan sharing the horrors of her childhood was to garner sympathy for acting like an ass for much of the season. It felt like poor acting at its best. That said she was probably the best of this dismal bunch. 
Sergio seems like a man child being ridiculed by his mom wife. 
Brooks son called her a gold digger. Snicker. 
Sara is full of shit. 
Nina is boring. 
Leesa could be fun with the right group. Instead she went for having fake beefs with women she doesn’t care about.

I think Ayan’s  past does explain some of her behavior and   and if you are right about her motives I don’t really mind if she is giving a true story that could result in some good.  We’ll  have to  wait and see.   She’s getting tons of attention which is clearly aggravating Stanbury who may have anticipated being the star of this show.  

• Love 6

Me thinks Lesa made goat stew...Not buying it. 
Oh, Caroline, I don't know who is the bigger moron. A guy that thinks you can remove a baby while it's in gestation and transfer it into another woman or you for marrying a guy this stupid. I can't take these two 🤮

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

The reunion looks pretty good, so I'm excited about that. 

My favorite part of RHD is the scenery and the cultural aspects. There is so much to see and take in, as many of the luxury aspects are so different from the way I live.  It was exciting for me to see RAK and the dinner experience with all the lights and the entertainment.  Now if the ladies could step it up, the show would be great!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

If you want to live well, Dubai can be expensive. However, people with western passports are usually at the top of the earning food chain, so you can usually get a good package deal from your employer.

• Useful 1

That poor goat. It was doomed from the start. I bet it wasn't taken to a vet in a timely fashion.

The one with bad wigs and sleepy eyes is clearly living in an altered state.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:26 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I might be the only only one but I think Ayan sharing the horrors of her childhood was to garner sympathy for acting like an ass for much of the season.

I agree. Trauma-for-dollars. It's all the rage on reality TV. 

The only thing I enjoyed was the visuals of the swirling lighted skirts. I can only imagine what the local men thought about these drunk, sloppy idiots.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Chanel really grew on me over the season. Yes she is over the top but I think she did that deliberately. She was not dressing for a specific occasion - she was dressing knowing that she was going to be on television so to me it was the equivalent of when Vogue or other fashion magazine shoots high fashion in an otherwise "ordinary" backdrop or setting.

I don't think she exploited female circumcision because that is her story and she chose to reveal a deeply personal aspect of her life because the practice is so appalling. 

And anything that puts the insufferable Stanbury down a few notches is fine with me. Stanbury is smug and doesn't have any sense of humor about herself. Yes she makes jokes but they aren't truly self deprecating because she does truly think she is an exceptional person and I do think she was taken aback when she wasn't the center of the Dubai show the way she was on London since on London she was the hub of all of the women. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

That poor goat. It was doomed from the start. I bet it wasn't taken to a vet in a timely fashion.

I agree.  I have owned goats for many years, there are many misconceptions about them, one of them being "they eat anything." They don't eat anything, many plants or other "foods" are toxic to them.  Once their rumen becomes unbalanced, they will suffer & die.  Shame on the producers!  Perhaps goats are not treated humanely in Emirati culture, but even an animal that will eventually become a source of food deserves the right to a pain-free existence. 😢

Edited by Saph
  • Sad 8
  • Love 3
On 8/25/2022 at 10:50 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Was there a sale on Givenchy T-shirts?

I thought the same thing.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:53 PM, amarante said:

Chanel really grew on me over the season. Yes she is over the top but I think she did that deliberately. She was not dressing for a specific occasion - she was dressing knowing that she was going to be on television so to me it was the equivalent of when Vogue or other fashion magazine shoots high fashion in an otherwise "ordinary" backdrop or setting.

I don't think she exploited female circumcision because that is her story and she chose to reveal a deeply personal aspect of her life because the practice is so appalling. 

And anything that puts the insufferable Stanbury down a few notches is fine with me. Stanbury is smug and doesn't have any sense of humor about herself. Yes she makes jokes but they aren't truly self deprecating because she does truly think she is an exceptional person and I do think she was taken aback when she wasn't the center of the Dubai show the way she was on London since on London she was the hub of all of the women. 

And I believe she was told she would be the center of the show.

This was the most boring of any HW franchise I've watched. Ayan was the closest to having a personality.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I thought the same thing.

And I believe she was told she would be the center of the show.

This was the most boring of any HW franchise I've watched. Ayan was the closest to having a personality.

She was the only one of the women I could actually distinguish - except for Stanbury for obvious reasons. The rest all looked the same with their long fake hair. I don't think it was that they were POC because I have no trouble distinguishing the different women on Atlanta or Potomac but they all seemed interchangeable and not particularly interesting. 

I don't even have a sense of how they wound up in Dubai or even the vaguest sense of their back story. I know there was a Jamaican and someone from Texas who wound up there. And apparently two Arab women but not sure of what their stories were exactly and I don't know if I could actually name any of them except Chanel if someone showed me pictures in a lineup.

It all seemed very odd to me in terms of the drinking and the seductive clothing. Is this like in the US where there were dry counties but wink wink you could go to a "private" club and have your "personal" bottle of liquor served to you.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

The one from Texas is one of the Arab women lol

I guess the show didn't do a good job distinguishing the women's backstories as well as it should have.

🤣🤣 I know there was one who visited her parents about an hour away and one who was worried about a father with COVID she couldn't visit but I don't know if I could pick them out in a lineup 

I know one designed some kind of maternity dress line but I don't know which one

I had more of a sense of Sarah with the crazy fake degree who called herself a Doctor as I think I could recognize her but I don't know anything other than that. I only remember her because that speech she gave was so preposterous and pretentious.

One of them liked French Fries - or at least decided to make that *her* thing - I don't know which one except it wasn't Chanel or Stanbury.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Too much bickering about uninteresting things.  They couldn't have a single gathering without unrelenting bickering rotating through the group.

The show, and the Housewives, felt fake. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

I agree that some of the HWs didn't bring much drama, but I had no problem telling them apart.  Caroline Stanbury is the Brit who married a young Spaniard, Caroline Brooks is the American single mom, Lesa is the Jamaican entrepreneur with the 3 cutest kids ever.  Ayan, is well, Ayan.  Sarah is the guru wannabe and Nina is the French fry fan.

• Love 6

Sarah is so fucking annoying to me.  Doesn't she realize that there are modern female Arabs before her?  She's not any sort of trailblazer in keeping traditions and yet trying to break away from some.

• Love 3