Type keyword(s) to search

Reboot - General Discussion

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

Good for Hannah for being a person with integrity.  I agree the executive probably would have made their lives miserable for as long as Gordon was involved, but he could have tried not being a jerk.  He is 60% selfless for quitting.

I am surprisingly invested in Clay.  He's more earnest than I was expecting.

I binged the series today. I enjoyed it. I liked all the actors (even the Gen Z writers, whom I thought humorless at their first introduction).

Someone mentioned the set-up reminded them of "Just Shoot Me." I agree -- it's one of my favorite sitcoms -- but just as in that show, the father-daughter conflict is pretty much resolved in the first episode.

I think it's only the series "Step Right Up" that's supposed to be darker and edgier, not "Reboot." I have no problem that's it's just a "standard" sitcom. I like how the episodes focus on different characters and show some poignant moments between them.

The basketball game made me laugh out loud, from the old sitcom trash talk to Reed's domination on the court and his apologies to the players, when it finally got to him. 

It was driving me crazy where I remembered Calum Worthy from. He was Dez on the Disney sitcom "Austin & Ally." He played Austin's best friend (and with a homoerotic undertone, I always thought). I like that Zack isn't as dumb as they initially made him out to be.

Is it wrong that I think Johnny Knoxville has become a hot daddy?

• Like 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I binged the series today. I enjoyed it. I liked all the actors (even the Gen Z writers, whom I thought humorless at their first introduction).

I think that was the point. That's why Gordon brought in Selma et al. Everyone really opened up for the better. Even the quiet one cracked "If I get a black and white cookie is it going to be a whole racial thing?" to Hannah. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In case any Hulu audience research execs are following this thread, I'm begging you for a S2! Reboot for me was the most consistently funny sitcom (well, "sitcom") I've seen in a good while. And with a murderers' row of comic actors to boot. More, pleaseandthankyou!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AllAboutMBTV said:

In case any Hulu audience research execs are following this thread, I'm begging you for a S2! Reboot for me was the most consistently funny sitcom (well, "sitcom") I've seen in a good while. And with a murderers' row of comic actors to boot. More, pleaseandthankyou!

When does Hulu make these kinds of announements, does anyone know? Do they have a schedule, or a pattern of some kind, or is it the kind of thing where it will be a total surprise when they announce it?

• Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 10:42 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She also plays Jean Smart's housekeeper in Hacks.

Kimia Behpoornia who plays Azmina was also on Hacks, albeit only 1 episode.

I didn’t even recognize Rose Abdoo in this. 

Edited by Dminches
  • Love 1

I’m just tickled by these real world echoes.

UPI:

Mayan Lopez says her new sitcom, Lopez vs. Lopez, was inspired by her real-life estrangement and reunion with her dad, comedian George Lopez.

Page Six today:

Julie Bowen said she once fell in love with a woman — despite describing herself as heterosexual.

(Oh, and I just realized Reboot series creator Steven Levitan worked with Julie Bowen on Modern Family.)

• Like 1
On 9/21/2022 at 9:11 AM, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Judy Greer is 47, she’s just fantastically youthful. 

She seems to have had some work done since her last project.  From some angles, her face is nearly unrecognizable.  

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Huck fulu

Also cancelled single drunk female. 

As far as I know, Single Drunk Female Season 2 is airing on April 12, 2023 at 10 pm on Freeform. It will be 10 episodes. Unless you know something I don't. 

• Like 1