Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: An Emotional Rollercoaster

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

I still don't like Burt

If she ever does truly go to the US she will never accept another wife. She wants it to be just the 3 of them because she know she can bamboozle Ik and Dan in to doing anything she wants. What will god say about Ik limiting his kindom to just 2 wives? This is going to get interesting. 

April is one rough looking 21 yr old. She was acting like a 2 year old with Boat boy's son. Boat boy has no standards. Take away his weird personality and he's not a bad looking dude and apparently has some money. It must be rough pickins finding a woman that wants to live that life. 

Other Danielle looks terrified at the proposal! Another super young unfortunate looking girl with no life of her own.

Looks like next week is going to be really good. Can't wait!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Other Danielle looks terrified at the proposal! Another super young unfortunate looking girl with no life of her own.

Looks like next week is going to be really good. Can't wait!

I love the preview where Danielle is complaining to her friend about Nick not working! Maybe she'll come to her senses and back out of the engagement, but she also might feel that it's the best she can do. 

I'd love to know the restaurant staff's reactions during filming when that group came in for an intimate dinner. 

What's with the cheap-ass birthstone engagement rings? They look like the one I got when I was 13. 

Finally, don't forget "Time is subjective..."  HUH? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Scintillating conversation between WhatshisName and Preston. What a fucking asshole Steve(?) is. Your kids aren’t okay with this. They come first. They didn’t ask to be part of this weirdness. 

Preston: "So, how did you two meet?"

April: "Teehehhehehehehehe"

Preston: "What do you like about my dad?"

April: "Teehehehehehehehe."

Thought bubble above Preston's head: WTF!?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sorry I am confused but is the who is the mother of the children? 

Are you referring to Steve(Boat Boy)'s children? Apparently there was a first unnamed wife who is the mother of Preston and Jayden. They split up sometime after Brenda came into the picture.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

What a surprise that Garrick lied to Danielle about Bert being comfortable with them dating a 3rd woman. What a dirtbag. Why can’t these women recognize that he’s just a selfish asshole looking to collect women to satiate his midlife crisis, with no regard for the feelings of those women whatsoever.

The man is a manipulative, selfish turd. I truly cannot stand him.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Alapaki said:

April’s boobs confound me.  

Agree, she seems almost . . . .prepubescent somehow?  Between her boobs and those jeans which look just like the "jeans" you would jam an 18 month old wearing a diaper into, Steve is looking more and more like a predator and the whole situation is skeevy.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, applewood said:

That young man is more mature than April is, by far!  Preston should be dating her, not horndog Steve.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I will never understand how the Merrifields can have a relationship with someone who they can barely communicate with unless they have a translator.  Ick talking to Bert in caveman speak is so annoying.  Dannielle needs to get out of that relationship now and let Bert have Ick.  It is so obvious he is madly in love with her and Dannielle has basically been delegated to a side piece.  Why stick around and be subjected to the hurt. 

Good luck Marcus with all those strong willed women living together with you as their King.  Both Taryn (?) and India know all you want to do is have sex with numerous women, it’s not about building a family or any of that crap, they just won’t admit it.  

Are these women trolling NIck?  They dress him up like a pimp and tell him he doesn’t have to work.  They are obviously the  ones in control.  Maybe someday he will hold up a sign that says “help me”.  

Steve/April/Brenda are just absurd.  April is much too immature to be in that mess.  It’s so weird and awkward.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

I love the preview where Danielle is complaining to her friend about Nick not working! Maybe she'll come to her senses and back out of the engagement, but she also might feel that it's the best she can do. 

I'd love to know the restaurant staff's reactions during filming when that group came in for an intimate dinner. 

What's with the cheap-ass birthstone engagement rings? They look like the one I got when I was 13. 

Finally, don't forget "Time is subjective..."  HUH? 

If I've know nothing, I know that

giphy.gif

You would think that great philosopher Nick would inform them of this gem. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If I've know nothing, I know that

giphy.gif

You would think that great philosopher Nick would inform of of this gem. 

Just wait. He might be a "flat Earther" and can cite all the reasons why this is true. 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, applewood said:

When you put it that way, it occurs to me that maybe Preston asked that question because he wondered whether April was old enough to legally date his father. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If she ever does truly go to the US she will never accept another wife. She wants it to be just the 3 of them because she know she can bamboozle Ik and Dan in to doing anything she wants. What will god say about Ik limiting his kindom to just 2 wives? This is going to get interesting. 

Well now my dream is for Bert to come to the US, get legally married, tacitly accept Garlick (that’s what I’m calling him now) “searching”, and then divorce his ass for infidelity, take the construction company from him, AND keep him on the hook financially as her sponsor 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Nick thinks every time he utters a word with more than two syllables, he's so damn brainy!  He reminds me of an ex-boss that truly thought he was Mensa material, and he so obviously wasn't.

Marcus is just a greedy little pig.  Why these nice-looking women put up with his asshole-ness, I can't fathom.

Steve aka Boat Boy has to go after immature airheads, or they'd be on to him, and tell him to go fuck himself.  His kids think he looks ridiculous, and he truly does.

Ick is a complete disaster.  Bert is taking them for a ride.  Dannielle is so beaten down and has no idea of her self-worth.  

Sidian is creepy in a wanna-be hipster persona.  Tosha's completely under his spell of weirdness.  

I so hope there's a tell-all at season 4's end.  Season 2's was a doozy.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

April is one rough looking 21 yr old. She was acting like a 2 year old with Boat boy's son. Boat boy has no standards. Take away his weird personality and he's not a bad looking dude and apparently has some money. It must be rough pickins finding a woman that wants to live that life. 

Uugh I am horrified that I actually find him kinda hot.  

1 hour ago, janey99 said:

Agree, she seems almost . . . .prepubescent somehow?  Between her boobs and those jeans which look just like the "jeans" you would jam an 18 month old wearing a diaper into, Steve is looking more and more like a predator and the whole situation is skeevy.

She needs a bra, and what is with the ELASTIC WAIST PANTS??  Are they "in" now?  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m confused..as usual..I thought Danielle was the one with short hair who spent the weekend with them and fed him grapes? Have I had too much Merlot ?

There's two Danielles.

Danielle with Nick: short, chubby blonde, glasses, will probably be childcare for Jen's baby image.png.2f54149ba9cd6a8dd832092fef4d2994.png

Dannielle(with 2 ns) with Gerrick: long blondish hair,(used to be brunette) looks like she got a boob job since last season.

image.png.b927bf82ec7ec406bf1f49c9563b2279.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, applewood said:

I wish April had said, “I met him on a website where men were looking for young p***y” and “I like him because he’s great in the sack.” 

That might have even gotten Preston to uncross his arms. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Oh yeah, what is that stain (or decal?) on sleazy Marcus' shirt?  That bugs me, and my old eyes can't make it out.

One more thing on that lying pig:  I believe it when he says he "fell asleep."  He left out the part that he gave her the gherkin dick prior to nodding off.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, applewood said:

Dannielle(with 2 ns) with Gerrick: long blondish hair,(used to be brunette) looks like she got a boob job since last season.

There has been speculation about this all season. Even if she didn’t get them enlarged, she certainly has been displaying them to the maximum lately. It’s almost like she’s constantly reminding Ick that SHE has boobs, too

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, applewood said:

Tough call. In the confessionals they’re resting on her lap. If they’re after-market they’re not great 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, janey99 said:

Her body looks junkfood pubescent or post menopausal (with an amazing lack of wrinkles).  Her brain seems to be that of a tween.  I guess she & Steve don't talk much, but at least he won't have to worry about his son stealing his girlfriend.

In the olden days guys like Steve would just have an understanding wife and a lot of girlfriends that they never introduced to their kids. Or have serial marriages. In the 1960s & 70s I babysat for guys like him or the abandoned wives. It was awkward, but I was one of the constants in their kids' lives, who needed some normalcy in their lives.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, candall said:

I keep missing Garrick passing along his messages from God.  And I would so enjoy that!

Just watch for whenever Bert puts her foot down about something - Garrick immediately tells her God agrees.

22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What the hell is she going to tell her parents? I cannot even. 

That's what I was thinking - can you imagine? Now in The Thinker's household it seems that first wife April is the pimp who brought in the other 2 - maybe she looks for lost young ladies with no families of their own to bring in and smother with their unique kind of love.  As for Boat Boy's April - why would a 21 year old be on a polygamy dating site?

20 hours ago, South said:

I think he never realized that he forgot about his children until he put himself in the position of trying to sell a slot in his family to a 21 (?) year old.

Or until he wanted to be on tv.  That Preston seems like he just want to make everyone happy - I was proud of him for keeping his arms crossed and not jumping in too soon to overcome the awkwardness.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, princelina said:

As for Boat Boy's April - why would a 21 year old be on a polygamy dating site?

She seems very insecure and naive. Perhaps she was looking for sisterwives to teach her and share the demands of a selfish man.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I am having a hard time believing that Roberta is only 33 years old.  She looks to be in her late 30’s.  Not to mention, she has the figure of a woman who has given birth to a couple of children.  I find Dannielle more attractive, but I am not Garrick.  Can’t help but believe he just wants something different. 

I am disappointed in Janae.  I thought her smarter than this.  Marcus most likely “feel asleep” after they had sex.  India appears to be extremely jealous.  That is the worst personality trait for someone practicing polygamy.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh yeah, what is that stain (or decal?) on sleazy Marcus' shirt?  That bugs me, and my old eyes can't make it out.

My guess is the Polo Logo. It’s kind of the right shape. 

1CD643F6-ED91-469C-A177-FB62C1E87806.jpeg

32DDD418-AFFF-4A9D-A4D5-B54E27236753.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

That’s what I was thinking - can you imagine? Now in The Thinker's household it seems that first wife April is the pimp who brought in the other 2 - maybe she looks for lost young ladies with no families of their own to bring in and smother with their unique kind of love. 

That’s an intriguing thought. Maybe Nick is just treated as the family pet (except that he’s also there for sex) and April is the mastermind behind the living arrangement. 
Also, I wanted to share a screenshot of Danielle’s unflattering proposal outfit. 

2D274F4D-D092-48C5-8D3B-93F1112FBFBF.jpeg

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

One-N Danielle's dress would not be flattering on anyone ever.  The material is cheap.  The proportions are bad.  The sleeves are terrible.  There is nothing good about it.  Makes it the perfect dress to wear when meeting Nick.  That whole crew is always dressed terribly.  Then again, when we first met Nick, they were applauding him for pressing his shirt.  The bar is very low with that crew. 

Yet again God wants whatever Bert wants.  It's amazing the way God's thoughts are channeled through Garrick to the path that is most likely to get his dick into Bert. 

Oh Bina, feel free to be independent.  There is no need to marinate.  I do love when fools like Marcus decide they need to use a big word to impress someone and pick a really ridiculous one.  Did he bring a vat of marinade for her to dunk herself in?  

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

and Ralph Lauren does make button down shirts with different colours of the Polo shirt logo

image.png.91f6063aec4a7c6986fbddedb7d363a2.png

Yep, I’m sure that's it. Maybe RL designs a “My Little Pony” line for short men. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

One more thing on that lying pig:  I believe it when he says he "fell asleep."  He left out the part that he gave her the gherkin dick prior to nodding off.  

Oh, of course. I mean, if he just "fell asleep", why wouldn't Janae just, you know, wake his ass up and send him home? 

• Applause 6

Maybe I am too old and I missed the body positivity bandwagon, but I don't understand why all of these women dress from the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog?  When you are heavy or pregnant or even just reasonably active, it is not comfortable to constantly be tugging on your spandex dress and worrying about a wardrobe malfunction.  Additionally, if polygamy is such a godly endeavor, how do they all reconcile the concept of "modesty" with their clothing choices?

To be clear, I firmly believe all people should wear whatever they want, but I have a lot of trouble relating.

• Applause 7
  • Love 2

it seems like many of the women this season are desperate to look sexy for their men.  So Dannielle (OfGarrick) wears tops that show off her cleavage.  Danielle (OfNick), Jennifer, and often April wear clothes that are much too tight and sometimes very revealing.  I think Nick actually does find this sexy.  I have worn some sexy clothes at times.  However, I typically make sure things fit. 

The body positivity movement has nothing to do with wearing ill-fitting, uncomfortable clothing.  Those ideas seem to get conflated when we see someone larger or very thin women wearing something unflattering or uncomfortable.  However, they are simply people choosing to wear something unflattering or uncomfortable.  There is no need for everyone to always choose clothing based on it making them seem more appealing or acceptable to others.  The women on this show, however, seem to think they look good in clothes that they are constantly tugging at.  Often this clothing is very poorly made and of cheap material. 

The outfits, including Nick's, at the engagement ceremony looked like cheap cosplay.  If they were kids pulling clothes out of an old trunk in the attic their outfits would make sense. They are adults on a TV show who looked in a mirror and said, "Yep, I look great.  This is how I want to present myself to the world."  I can only assume they have funhouse mirrors or poor eyesight because everyone there made some very interesting choices. 

It almost felt like the Jerry Springer show when they would give people clothes and wigs to wear so they could be torn off in a fight. 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

After this episode I am hoping that Roberta having taken half of Ick’s net worth stays where she is and ghosts him. The same day that happens I want Dannnnielle to tell him she has found a wonderful monogamous man and is leaving him and taking the other half of his money.  
Ick  would drown in his own tears and I would laugh.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m sure Danielle (and April, for that matter) believes the old adage that “black is slimming.” 

They forgot that anything sprayed on shows every flaw, regardless of color.

Low bar, for sure, with the Nick clan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

BTW, I now fast forward through all of the Marcus segments.  They are deadly boring, not to mention incomprehensible.  I just don't  understand how all those people related to each other, why they're traveling around, and so on. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I know this is off topic, but I've seen so many mentions of Love After Lockup that I had to go watch but I'm confused - the season four episodes I'm watching don't match the titles in the forums? Back on topic, I continue to be astounded that these men can get one woman, let alone two or more. I'm no great catch myself but everything about Garrick repulses me and apparently everybody else on this board. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

There are also two Aprils, right? Boat Boy Steve's 21-year-old girlfriend April and one of Nick's first two wives? 

Yes.  One April is Boat Boy Steve girlfriend of the giggle fits.  She had such a deep, meaningful conversation with his son.  The other is the older of Nick's two "wives." She wore the green Roman empire cosplay outfit to the engagement event. 

6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Nick's getup looked like one of the cheap costumes they sell at the Halloween popup stores. 

I was thinking either riverboat card dealer/shark or bartender from an 1800s brothel. The whole clan was dressed atrociously. 

I don't think one-N Danielle came from a polygamous background.  I think she is just an idiot who falls for anyone who says they like her, then looks at it more closely after she titters and bobs her way through the one-sided conversation. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

But wouldn't we have been told that?

I would imagine so, but I confess to not watching enough to know if anything like why April was interested in polygamy was ever mentioned  

2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

After this episode I am hoping that Roberta having taken half of Ick’s net worth stays where she is and ghosts him. The same day that happens I want Dannnnielle to tell him she has found a wonderful monogamous man and is leaving him and taking the other half of his money.  
Ick  would drown in his own tears and I would laugh.

Ick always refers to their home-building business as his.  I wonder how the asset is actually registered.  Despite being divorced, she may still own half of the business.  I hope so.  I assume that when they divorced, her begrudgingly and broken-hearted, him salivating and bonered-up, that she agreed to ask for nothing to be put in her name, because Ick assured her that God has their backs on this scam… I mean blessed journey. Bert will have a claim to whatever Colorado allows of his personal assets once her scam plays out.  Now child support for their two boys?  That’s another matter.  Dddd can stick it to him on that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

That’s an intriguing thought. Maybe Nick is just treated as the family pet (except that he’s also there for sex) and April is the mastermind behind the living arrangement. 
Also, I wanted to share a screenshot of Danielle’s unflattering proposal outfit. 

2D274F4D-D092-48C5-8D3B-93F1112FBFBF.jpeg

It's a look all right!!  OY!

• Love 1