Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E01: The Boyz R Back

I love Romeo's look and voice, even though his belief that he's a witch is lame. No surprise Kelly is into that, too. His selfie was also one of the best if not the best.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I love Romeo's look and voice, even though his belief that he's a witch is lame. No surprise Kelly is into that, too. His selfie was also one of the best if not the best.

If this was really a modeling competition his look and voice would matter more.  But since it's a popularity/personality contest as well, it's pretty clear we're also intended to hate his guts for being such an asshole.

• Love 3

While Chantelle definitely only has niche appeal as a model, I don't think that's a bad thing. She has a weird artistic beauty to her and that can really go far. Plus realistically speaking, modeling isn't a career except for like 1% of models and I don't think any of the contestants this season could hit that 1% if they tried. Having some niche appeal for a while and then disappearing to pursue a actual career is pretty good as attempts at modeling go, really.

• Love 2

Agree with this.  I could maybe see Shei and Ivy, possibly Lenox and Mirjana, work post-show though most of these girls are too old.  The guys, ack.  Like I said earlier, too short or too tall or retreads.  Then there's Romeo and Chantelle as some of us have pointed out, they'd be niche/novelty models at best with little longevity.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1
First I rolled my eyes at Cory seemingly being absorbed into this show permanently, because hey... what else is he gonna do with his life?  No seriously.  You'd think the actual winner of last cycle would get the big prize, but I guess Third Place is the new First Place if you make for good TV.

But...he was the ambiguous one!  The one who perfectly walks the line between two sexes!  Who better to welcome both guys and girls but him?  

Or that would be the theory, I guess.  

But...he was the ambiguous one!  The one who perfectly walks the line between two sexes!  Who better to welcome both guys and girls but him?  

Or that would be the theory, I guess.  

Jay can already do that (even without Other Jay).

• Love 2

http://www.queerty.c...-past-20140222/

Apparently, he has a questionable past that involves being violent and anti-gay.

Was anyone surprised to learn this? That guy is basically what's wrong with America. Or humanity. Totally agree with Kelly that there's something wrong with him.

Chantelle is beautiful, vertiligo or no. Romeo seems like a dilletante who's more interested in getting attention than the things he claims to be or be into. Sorry if I'm wrong about you, Romeo.

• Love 3

Was anyone surprised to learn this? That guy is basically what's wrong with America. Or humanity. Totally agree with Kelly that there's something wrong with him.

I agree. Every time I see his face onscreen, I feel dirty and creeped out.

• Love 1

This show stopped being serious for me years ago but I still find myself rooting for one or more people each cycle. Guess I can't help it...I still manage to get sucked in by a good storyline, even if it's completely manipulative and fictional. I know perfectly well they're fucking with my head, but I'm along for the ride anyway.

So that said...it's still too early in the game (and too early to remember names) but I'm trying to keep an open mind. They are all famewhores by default...I hope some of them turn out to be serious about the work involved, and are willing to learn.

I too am happy to see Miss J back. Also, I liked Cory last cycle; I hope he sticks around. However, Tyra seems to be showing her age this time around, and not in a good way. I found myself thinking I was getting a glimpse at Cycle 50...

• Love 1

I missed the first showing but caught the replay last night.  Anyway, my attention wandered and I caught the tail end of some guy getting reamed for apparently being inappropriate towards Tyra.  Maybe he was trying to come on to her because he thought he was just so hot?  Could someone tell me what was said, who said it, and all that?

I haven't watched Top Model in ages. I stumbled on it tonight and now I remember why I stopped watching.

Ditto. I can't remember the last cycle I watched. It only took five minutes of Tyra's over enunciation, her ridiculous lingo, and the self-indulgent campiness to remind me why I ditched this show long ago. I changed the channel in the middle of Tyra's effusive commentary about vitiligo girl. ("You're so symmetrical!") Ugh. Goodbye.

Zahdii, the guy works as a cater waiter, and he claimed to have served Tyra once. She didn't remember him and asked where, and he said it was at an Oscar party and that he'd checked her out. Cue Kelly's rant about him being unprofessional.

Welcome back, Miss J. The way Rob and Kelly would fight at panel was starting to get really uncomfortable, so I'm glad he's gone - one of them needed to go and I've always found her commentary far better than his.

I figured vitiligo girl has a girlfriend, because she said that she didn't have a boyfriend but did have someone important back home. Either that or she's got some tedious on/off relationship with a guy and they're currently in an off phase.

I just don't like Kelli.  When she said she was ready to crush some dreams- I believed her and who still uses the term lover?  However, I did agree with her about Adam.  Serious douche right there.  

Ugh, so many douches- I'll see how long I can keep with it this season.  I didn't make it last year.

Actually, if they decide to use Romeo and his "witchery" and blend ANTM with like Ghost Adventures I might enjoy this.  

Zahdii, the guy works as a cater waiter, and he claimed to have served Tyra once. She didn't remember him and asked where, and he said it was at an Oscar party and that he'd checked her out. Cue Kelly's rant about him being unprofessional.

I could not figure out why exactly that set her off so much - it seemed like such a random thing to get angry about.  He didn't even appear to be asking her out or saying he thought he could date her (which is what Kelly seemed to be screaming about), more like "wow, yeah, you're super hot."  Which normally is unprofessional, but not on a show where Tyra has just asked you to teach her the booty song.

• Love 2

True !!!   Was watching the Emmy's last evening, but i understand that Adam remains as part of those still in the game. This is a real head-scratchernWZI0JC.jpg Tyra hoping he'll add the drama.... 'cause that's all he has to contribute. Anyone know what other night this episode is shown????

Edited by Day2Day

Poor Cory. I wonder if he's been able to book a lot of gigs. It was weird that they brought him back. Like, look... this is where you could be next year... coming back on the show to announce a challenge? What? Nonsense.

It's too early for me to have thoughts. I can't even remember one of their names. The girl with vitiligo is clearly the special one this season. There's always one. Just have the talk show again, Tyra. It's weird when she wants to criticize them but also be empowering and supportive. I hate that Kelly is back but for now, I'm happy to see Miss J again. Is this the official panel? I'm missing the person with some authority/the person who could stand up to Tyra. I know she always ends up firing that person but it's nice to have a Paulina, Twiggy, Janice, etc.

I thought the one who is selling himself as a frat boy was really attractive before he started talking. I mean, he's still attractive but I feel like he's going to be annoying. Unless I missed someone, I didn't see anyone among the girls with really striking looks. Sure, maybe there are some models but not top models. Not supermodels. Hopefully they improve and this isn't another dud of a season.