Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Eight Episode Talk

• Start Topic

I got a good laugh out of his comment the other night when talking about the results of the Italian elections, and Meloni going on as she did about Lord of the Rings: "I've never said this to anyone before...but I think you're taking Lord of the Rings too seriously." XD. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

"Because nothing says, 'winner' like dressing like a Confederate soldier in Pennsylvania." 

Nice :D. 

Regarding the Weather Channel clip, Jim Cantore's gonna get himself killed one of these days if he keeps doing stuff like that, good lord. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

It's always great to see Stephen and Anderson Cooper together. That podcast sounds interesting, he's right that most of us will sadly go through that at some point in our lives, so there's not much point in trying to avoid the topic.

I listened to the podcast. It is very good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Steven's questions to Pelosi seemed really stupid, to me. 

"How did it feel to have another woman up there with you during the SOTU?"

What information did he think he would actually get out of that answer?

"Would you like to see two men behind a woman POTUS someday?"

What the hell, Stephen? Seriously?

Then he wanted to go on about her being the first woman Speaker-- which happened 15 years ago. Clearly he had no interest in anything current, and probably didn't prepare for the interview at all.

If you're going to book guests like this, don't waste their time!

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I loved the segment where he was commenting on that political ad from Michigan. The way he kept mocking the "_____ died alone" bit was hilarious XD. 

At first I was convinced it was a fake ad.   The delivery was so bad. 

• Love 4

I loved the interview with Fauci last night. I’m going to miss him, but I think 54 years is more than enough to work for the federal government. And I swear it looked like he was blushing after the bit where Stephen said he was sexy!

But the bit with Fauci receiving his Bivalent booster had to be preplanned-Unless they make exceptions for celebrities or famous people, you have to make an appointment. And pharmacy dude should have had his mask on when they came in. And those questions aren’t asked in person before the shot-you answer them when you make the appointment. Again, probably for the viewers’ benefit. So why didn’t Stephen get his? 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I loved the interview with Fauci last night. I’m going to miss him, but I think 54 years is more than enough to work for the federal government. And I swear it looked like he was blushing after the bit where Stephen said he was sexy!

But the bit with Fauci receiving his Bivalent booster had to be preplanned-Unless they make exceptions for celebrities or famous people, you have to make an appointment. And pharmacy dude should have had his mask on when they came in. And those questions aren’t asked in person before the shot-you answer them when you make the appointment. Again, probably for the viewers’ benefit. So why didn’t Stephen get his? 

I don’t doubt that it was at least somewhat pre planned, but I don’t think it was totally unrealistic. I’ve gotten appointments for boosters but my pharmacy also takes walk ins. 

I just want to know who the two more famous people were!

Also thanks for the reminder that I’m in the group recommended for the booster (vaxxed, boosted, and 3+ months post-infection). 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I just want to know who the two more famous people were!

Also thanks for the reminder that I’m in the group recommended for the booster (vaxxed, boosted, and 3+ months post-infection). 

I want to know that, too :D! 

And yes, my mom and I are in the same group. We need to get in and set up an appointment, too. Something to take care of this weekend, for sure. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Very enjoyable with Dr Fauci. We walked right in on Monday and got our boosters. No appointment and no wait. 

I guess it depends on the area! In my neck of the woods (MD), while walk-ins are accepted, I always made an appointment just in case-when the latest Bivalent came out, one guy came as a walk in only to be turned away because all appointments were full!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sure the whole thing was pre-planned.  That said, I totally agree with your points about the mask and the questions.  And most of all, about Stephen not getting his shot! I was thinking if he'd gotten one, he may not have been able to do the show today (I had more pronounced side-effects this time than the other 4 shots). but since he dodged the needle, we don't have to worry about that.

Mr. ebk tried to do a walk-in to the CVS (in MD) near us and was turned away.  They said they do flu shots without an appointment, but not Covid.  He made an appointment, so it's all good. 

• Love 2

I liked their reminiscing about their wedding day, with Evie talking about how some of Stephen's relatives freaked her out a bit and Stephen mentioning that said relatives used a "No Smoking" sign as an ashtray :p. 

I also really liked the interview with Domhnall Gleeson. Not familiar with his work, but he was a very fun, entertaining guest. "I'm not going to take this from a man named Colbert!" XD. 

• Love 4
On 10/7/2022 at 7:22 AM, Prairie Rose said:

❤❤❤❤❤

FB_IMG_1665141355691.jpg

IKR? Evie’s such a beautiful woman. Stephen is so lucky to have her!

On 10/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, Prairie Rose said:

"The Notorious KFC."

😂😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣So apt!

• Hugs 1
  • Love 3

"Who are three people I'd like to trap in a port-a-potty and push down the hill?" XD. As for Kanye's comment about imagining not being able to say what's on his mind, all I can say to that is, don't threaten us with a good time. 

Oh, Fox and Friends. Leave it to you...

• Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 7:08 PM, Ailianna said:

How long since Stephen had covid? Maybe it hasn't been three months yet?

April and May, I believe.

I loved that bit about the dolphins. "The few, the proud, the eee-eee-eee!!!" 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Stephen's facial expression in response to that Herschel Walker "pregnant cow" story was mine. "What's the damn point?", indeed. Just. What. 

I enjoyed the news about Alex Jones and Mark Zuckerberg. Especially Jones. That's karma for ya. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

enjoyed the news about Alex Jones and Mark Zuckerberg. Especially Jones. That's karma for ya. 

Karma for Alex Jones would be for him to experience what those he tormented experienced, but, yeah, being on the hook for $1,000,000,000 should do it. 

1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Stephen's facial expression in response to that Herschel Walker "pregnant cow" story was mine. "What's the damn point?", indeed. Just. What.

So much “word salad.”

Stephen and his writers couldn’t add any words. It was like Herschel Walker’s story was a parody The Late Show writers would have written for laughs. I mean, the repeated word “bull” alone…🤯…too many double entendres to consider. 

Then, George Stephanopoulos said interviewing Stephen years ago when he was in character
was great preparation for later attempts at interviewing tfg who speaks in “word salad.”

———————————

“The Reverend Sir Dr. Stephen T. Mos Def Colbert D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World, or Stephen Colbert” (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert_(character)), a “well-intentioned, poorly informed, high-status idiot,” (nytimes.com/2005/09/25/magazine/funny-about-the-news.html).

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Karma for Alex Jones would be for him to experience what those he tormented experienced, but, yeah, being on the hook for $1,000,000,000 should do it. 

Especially since I'd bet he loves money more than children. It probably hurts him more to owe a billion than to experience any other loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Especially since I'd bet he loves money more than children. It probably hurts him more to owe a billion than to experience any other loss.

Proof that "free speech" really isn't as free as one thinks it is. 

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Then, George Stephanopoulos said interviewing Stephen years ago when he was in character
was great preparation for later attempts at interviewing tfg who speaks in “word salad.”

———————————

“The Reverend Sir Dr. Stephen T. Mos Def Colbert D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World, or Stephen Colbert” (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert_(character)), a “well-intentioned, poorly informed, high-status idiot,” (nytimes.com/2005/09/25/magazine/funny-about-the-news.html).

LOL, I liked that, too :D. And the photo of them both! Stephen joking about them both having dark hair...:p. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wonderwoman said:

call me shallow — but i loved marcia gay harden’s ring and earrings. and while she may call herself a prude, her reaction to ‘marcia gay harder’ suggests otherwise.

And so smart! 
No, she’s not going to sue the guy whose selling lube named “Marcia Gay Harder,” he just has to give her a share of the profits.👏🏻

She really could have been a lawyer!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Proof that "free speech" really isn't as free as one thinks it is. 

One of the lawyers involved said "speech is free, lies you have to pay for".  Which could have come straight from Colbert and really needs to be on a T shirt.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

One thing that really struck me, that after Stephanopoulos said that Georgia could go either way, Colbert responded with "If Hershel Walker gets elected to the Senate, what's the point?"

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

No, she’s not going to sue the guy whose selling lube named “Marcia Gay Harder,” he just has to give her a share of the profits.👏🏻

Not for herself IIRC, he is to donate them to Alzheimer's research in honour of her mother.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I just checked the show's twitter and all they're doing is promoting the Ed Sheeren concert, so I'm guessing not.

Thanks. What a bummer. Hopefully they taped in time to recap the best parts, or else we'll have to wait until Monday.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Thanks. What a bummer. Hopefully they taped in time to recap the best parts, or else we'll have to wait until Monday.

I think the hearings were over around 3:30 and the show doesn't tape till 5-5:30, so we're probably good. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I think the hearings were over around 3:30 and the show doesn't tape till 5-5:30, so we're probably good. 

Technically the hearings were over at 4, but I fell asleep on the couch that last half hour, so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Technically the hearings were over at 4, but I fell asleep on the couch that last half hour, so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then you missed the best parts...  it was quite a show. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, wonderwoman said:

i will never be able to hear the flintstone’s theme without thinking of that bit.

I had to rewatch just to be sure that they didn't dub over Jamie Raskin, but I guess he really did say he calls them "The Flynn Stones"???🤣
Jamie Raskin may have my dad's unfortunate hairline, but he also has that same amazing wit.
And major kudos to the production team for getting this animation done in just an hour or so???

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So that was Jeremy Strong's first ever talk show interview? 
Wow. He now has a tough act to follow: Himself!

Yes, Stephen, we do have to take our joy where we can these days, and hearing Nancy Pelosi saying "Poo poo" is what we have. 💩

My heart did feel happy to hear Louis ping a guitar string just like Jon used to plink the piano in lieu of a rim shot.
Was this the first time? I'd been waiting for it.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

i will never be able to hear the flintstone’s theme without thinking of that bit.

LOL, I loved that, too :D. That and "Hell Toupee". 

I also loved Stephen's whole "dingleberry" rant. And we needed those moments of laughter, because holy shit, those snippets about the threats being made were disturbing as hell. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 2