Type keyword(s) to search

[SUGGESTION] Icons

Silly question, but is there any way to shuffle the new icons so that the most used icons are closer to the "heart" (where our cursor originates)?  Especially the LOL icon, which is used quite frequently. 

I haven't taken a poll, but it appears that "love" and "like" are the top 2 most used, with "LOL" coming in third, closely followed by "applause" and then "useful".  

• Like 2

Maybe while you’re at it, make the Like icon first instead of the Love? 

Also: Any chance of replacing the exploding brain with something more inclusive like:  
 😲 or  😮

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe while you’re at it, make the Like icon first instead of the Love? 

Also: Any chance of replacing the exploding brain with something more inclusive like:  
 😲 or  😮

Changing the order is one thing, however, we will not be changing any reactions themselves at this time.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Is 2 months a reasonable time, or is the suggestion off the table??

It's in the hands of the dev gods - and presumably relatively low on their priority list atm. It most definitely isn't off the table (or I would have posted to let everyone know and this topic would have been sunsetted), however, unfortunately no eta can be given at this time. Your patience is appreciated, thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, SilverStormm said:

It's in the hands of the dev gods - and presumably relatively low on their priority list atm. It most definitely isn't off the table (or I would have posted to let everyone know and this topic would have been sunsetted), however, unfortunately no eta can be given at this time. Your patience is appreciated, thanks.

While we're awaiting the ptthumbsup.png Like icon to be put in first place, I have discovered how useful the Applause pt-claps.pngand Thanks pt-thanks.png and Hugs teddy.png icons are, so thank you for selecting them and implementing them!
IMO, these images much more clearly depict their assigned reactions than do the emojis on my iPhone or Gmail for the same reactions.

Edited by shapeshifter
clarity?
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And they’re not showing up. That is, the box where we would choose a reaction is a white blank box on my phone.

Safari/iOS 16.2/iPhone. 

I'm having the same issue on all devices I use - IPad and HP desktop. Especially on new posts that doen't have any reactions yet. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And they’re not showing up. That is, the box where we would choose a reaction is a white blank box on my phone.

Safari/iOS 16.2/iPhone. 

To me, it looks like it's there, but depending on which theme you're using, it might be invisible (white on white) but still works if you know where to tap/click.  Hopefully the devs can fine tune that? @SilverStormm

6 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

This is theme related, depending on what theme you're using to what you're seeing. Lighted Default & Dark should now have the reaction icon visible. See upcoming announcement for further details re theme.

Yeah, I use the Lighted Default, so the icon is baaarely visible, but I can see it, with the thumbs up within the circle.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, I use the Lighted Default, so the icon is baaarely visible, but I can see it, with the thumbs up within the circle.

That's the theme I use, but reaction icon is clear as day, not barely visible -- it's medium grey.

• Sad 1