Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Activewear Champions

GaT
  • Start Topic

The designers must produce two sportswear items representative of their brand. The winner will have the opportunity to create a capsule collection with the iconic brand Champion.

Edited by GaT

This seemed like a strange collaboration to me.

I knew Ciara was a goner as soon as she said "I'm very confident in this" at the runway.

I hated Rafael's runway look with the giant Champion logo hanging down. It looked like a weird penis to me.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Everybody had all those hanging pieces of fabric.  I shuddered to think of them on an escalator!

I didn't like Ciera simply because she did not listen to Tim on the first challenge.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It looks like the Champion representative preferred a different look than did the judges hence the consolation prize to Curtis while Rafael won the competition.  I liked some of the looks but thought the same as NYgirl about all of the hanging strappy details.  I was surprised that the skiing look designer also wasn't in the bottom as it seemed like the Champion representative couldn't believe someone would send snow gear down the runway (but I understand that the designer was trying to create a new market/customer base).  

I think there are a few more designers who are elimination fodder before we get to the real contest.

Edited by seacliffsal
because Curtis' name is Curtis and not Chris (oops)
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

Ciara Chyanne needs to stop talking about Ciara Chyanne in the 3rd person.  That's real hubris at her level.  And they spent WAY too much time on her, it was really annoying.  She was the right cut & Jeannette really lucked out.  

Markantoine looks like he smells like weed and sweat.   And "Activewear Grunge" really should not be a legit look.  Sad backstory, but immaterial.  They love his stuff, it's super weird. 

Rafael is from Brazil.  Did we know he's from Brazil?  I'll bet Brazil is his homeland because he seems Brazilian.  He's even extra Brazil.  Hated his looks. 

Curtis is just adorable and really out of the box, I love him & his looks.  "Themwear" is awesome.  His plaid is next level and he really gets it.  Glad he got the partnership if he couldn't win. 

When did neon come back in style?  Really?  Just step away from the chartreuse, people.  Please. 

Sienna is the one-way monkey.  Pretty, floaty, dramatic & complicated dresses are her wheel house & anything else is going to be a real challenge for her.  The lace & girly stuff was no surprise.  It's Chinese Harajuku. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I absolutely love Curtis; both his looks and his lovely personality- I hope he goes far.

Curtis is the Gary Graham of this season.  Most of us adored him & personally coveted his looks.  And wanted him to take the prize.  I was "meh" on Andrea.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Curtis is the Gary Graham of this season.  Most of us adored him & personally coveted his looks.  And wanted him to take the prize.  I was "meh" on Andrea.  

Me too. In fact, I didn’t watch the finale as I purposely spoiled the winner. Had nothing against Amanda, but Gary was consistently strong all season.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Me too. In fact, I didn’t watch the finale as I purposely spoiled the winner. Had nothing against Amanda, but Gary was consistently strong all season.

I watched the episode, but was so annoyed with the way things turned out that I didn't post anything in the finale thread. (I had to double-check! *LOL*)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

There are zero sports you can do with strappy shit dangling off of you! 

Heidi didn't like Curtis' "wearable" look cuz it was not dramatic enough. When Heidi goes for a hike, she wants every last squirrel to part like the Red Sea and gaze upon her presence. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2022 at 2:09 PM, NYGirl said:

Everybody had all those hanging pieces of fabric.  I shuddered to think of them on an escalator!

I didn't like Ciera simply because she did not listen to Tim on the first challenge.  

It turned out that she was right not to listen to him. Her pants stood out more than the dress that she made.

I loved Rafael's accessible look. Of course Amazon is selling it in four or five different pieces, but I want each one, especially the reversible jacket.  I loved Curtis's inspiration and the fabric that he made.

• Like 1

Watching now and the crap that Gabriella sent down the runway is awful.

I would have liked MarkAntoine's better without the dangles.  Why the dangles, people?? 

The Champion representative actually has some decent comments.  

Oh gosh, Jeannette's model looks like she has tumors all over her front with that top.

Oof, more dangles with Georgia.

Curtis does have a wonderful personality and is very talented and thoughtful about his creations.  I love his accessible look.  I'm happy that he gets to collaborate with Champion.

Not surprised that Rafael won; the jacket was great, though I personally hate hearts on, well, anything.   Dangles are the way to go on this show, I guess.

Not as impressive a runway as ep 1.

• Love 1

I wonder what's up with the delay on Curtis's stuff being up on Amazon?  I doubt I would buy any of it but I want to see it.  I am tempted to buy the wide leg sweat pants, if they didn't have the big Champion logo on the leg I would have already!