Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Mama Told Me

• Start Topic

Davia visits home and is forced to face her hometown demons; Gael and Isabella cope with the fallout of their violent encounter; Mariana and the FCGs have to decide between prioritizing morals or profits for the success of their business.

Davia's mom is a real piece of work. She still shouldn't date the father of her student though. That's gonna end badly.

Malika should not be promising things she has no way of keeping.

The Gael/Isabella drama is tiring. How long is she going to be pregnant?

I thought that "salon" about vagina gazing was ridiculous, but I did like the conversation with Alice and Sumi after. 

These Bulk Beauty ladies suck at business. I thought they were going to lose subscribers because they stuck with Zelda and her gender views went public. That would not have been great, but at least they should have been a bit nicer when they cut ties with Zelda. I understand they were trying to be principled, but you also don't want to burn bridges. Also, maybe if they had a marketing plan they could have more than one source for getting subscribers or an outlet for communicating their side of the story. All they do is sit around and stare awkwardly at each other and hope they get business.

Also, if Zelda is an influencer, why does she need to rent out space at a we-work like office?

• Love 2

Did we know that Davia was a musical theatre girl who tried for a career on Broadway? That felt like brand new info to me. She has turned from an insecure underdog into a hot confident chick who everyone wants or is jealous of (they even gave her a bitchy Lea Michele lookalike from high school who resented her drama club successes! She was the drama teacher's favorite!), and I don't know... it probably says more about me that I'm now finding it more difficult to root for her! But I am. Even her one-dimensional villain mother doesn't really change the situation for me because Davia's whole "for once I'm not going to take care of you" speech rang kinda false since it's not like she's been taking care of her mother.

Jeez, Isabella, you may be right about yourself but maybe start with "hey Gael, will you come to therapy? What would you think about being the primary parent?"

22 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The Gael/Isabella drama is tiring. How long is she going to be pregnant?

Hee! Forever, or at least till season 8B or whatever they'll call it. I swear this show with its split seasons has only covered like 8 total months in the lives of these people.

Why is Malika going to her broken-hearted ex with a giant smile on her face like that? And her ask is "can you keep our breakup a secret?" That's so shitty! I know the girlfriend was the one who ended it, but she ended it because she couldn't handle not being Malika's only partner, so she's presumably in pain about it. That was weird.

God that salon was dumb. Also maybe Alice is just a stone top and there's nothing wrong with that. Since the point of this show is coming up with storylines to teach us all about social justice issues, seems like this would be a learning opportunity! But instead, it's somehow "the person who doesn't have orgasms holds all the power in a relationship?" What?

Did y'all see in that toilet in Alice's toilet stall scene? That was nasty.

I was genuinely surprised they are implying that being stone is a dysfunction. This show used to have an insiders view but now they're just trying to smash everyone into a weirdly normative viewpoint. Did they fire all the queer writers? 

• Love 4

I feel like Davia trying to make it on Broadway is something we are just finding out, weird that its never come up. I continue to hope she doesn't hook up with the dad, no way would that end well. 

It feels like Isabella has been pregnant for about six years, I am so tired of her drama with Gael. Why in the world was Gael apologizing to Isabella? Wanting to leave for a minute to sort himself out is totally understandable.

Bulk Beauty continues to be a thing for some reason. I get that they want Mariana to stay a major part of the show, being the only connection to The Fosters left, but couldn't they give her something better to do?

• Love 2
On 8/19/2022 at 8:45 PM, KaveDweller said:

All they do is sit around and stare awkwardly at each other and hope they get business.

It's really embarrassing how incompetent they are. They get played over and over again, they bumble around, they just sit at their table and gasp in horror at the next thing, and they bicker and giggle like tweens. I have never seen adults act this way. I don't even understand why the show thinks it makes good tv. They don't DO anything. They didn't even define their roles to each other. And they're depending on their ex-boss/Mariana's ex-bf whose company they left due to sexism. What about this story is NOT a sexist trope of the kind I haven't seen anywhere in decades? It's so, soooo bad. And it's really a slap in the face coming from a show that pretends to have a clue about feminism and social justice. What kind of sick BS is driving this kind of writing?

It's especially bad when you add it to all the other sad sack female stories and compare them to the noble dude stories. 

• Love 1
On 8/22/2022 at 1:11 AM, Wizardpatch said:

You can tell that there aren't any writers over 40 on the show because no character in the Bulk Beauty plotline brings up that it's wrong to fire someone over a personal opinion that they keep private.

You can fire anyone for almost any reason in this country, as long as it's not because of being part of a protected class. And she didn't keep her opinion private, she told the people who are employing her about it. I would argue it's not wrong to fire someone you are using as your spokesperson who has a view like this about a product they are being paid to promote, and by extension has unfavorable opinions about some of the customers that product is for.

• Love 1

Did Isabella ever thinking about giving Gael primary custody of the baby, and her having visitation and paying support? If she doesn’t think she is fit to be a caregiver, but Gael wants to raise the baby I think that should be an option. 

• Like 1