Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Gina

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Episodes like this where all the gaps are filled in from the other character's perspective basically back to the very beginning? Catnip to me!

Everything about this show is creepy, but creepiest might be the fact that to do the annual check of each other's bodies for new freckles and scars, these two sisters opt to do it in sultry lingerie and lit by romantic candlelight.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Everything about this show is creepy, but creepiest might be the fact that to do the annual check of each other's bodies for new freckles and scars, these two sisters opt to do it in sultry lingerie and lit by romantic candlelight.

We need a lot more scenes along the lines of these. For a show like this to work, you have to go all in. It's simply too ridiculous to take seriously otherwise, at least for me. Camp it up!

I still don't care who's who.

• Love 2

This show is bananas and I am fully on board. Gina’s POV: I’m really the good twin. Yes I rape my brother in law, deceive everyone in my life, and set my boyfriend’s body on fire rather than call the police but I’m the good one I swear! Gina, sweetie, you’re both the bad twin.

I want ten seasons of this insanity. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

So when they started showing clips of Gina and Charlie's marriage, I was thinking, "Man, I feel bad for Charlie.  He seems like a real stand up guy".  And then five seconds later they have Gina discover his hidden journals about how he knows the twins are trading places.  LOL.  So that's what I get for thinking anyone in this show was going to be sane.

I'm assuming that it's going to be revealed that someone else killed Dylan since he never actually said the words, "Leni stabbed me" to Gina.  I'm going to go with Claudia since she can probably also imitate her sistes' voices and would have been able to make the call telling Dylan to go to the cabin.

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 2

Not that I should be looking for logic in this series but .....  I don't understand (or wasn't paying attention) to how stealing the horse or whatever Gina was doing was going to get her and Dylan money.  Seems like stealing the horse only made them owe money?   I hate that the horse got shot.   I did like knowing the grandma was in on it and was never actually hurt by the horse thieves. 

When Gina found the diaries in the safe I actually thought Leni put them there.  I couldn't figure out why she would put not like either of them or sane so....  

• Like 1

I'm at the point of finding both sisters exhausting.  "So of course, we had to switch for a while and live each other's lives, but it's Leni's/Gina's fault that -- "   Let me stop you right there, lady.  None of this was ever acceptable or an actual solution to any problem.

Jack definitely has the brains of a dust bunny.  Not only never realizing what was going on, but thinking the solution to his financial solutions was hiding / babysitting / whatever the hell he was doing with the stolen horse.  

• Like 3

It looked like there was a lot of money at Dylan's house that Leni took.  Where did that money come from?  Also, Leni apparently had $60K just lying around in some account that Gina was able to access?  Where did that money come from, and how much more did she have?  When discussing their financial situation with Jack, she made it sound like they had absolutely no money. 

Also, was this Leni's (Gina's) first time at the pool, hence the first time she saw Dylan?  Even if it was, seems like she would have already known he was back in town either from hearing town gossip, or her best friend inevitably mentioning that her cousin is back in town.

And finally, how on earth did Dylan get a job coaching a swim team???

On 8/24/2022 at 12:41 AM, scarynikki12 said:

This show is bananas and I am fully on board. Gina’s POV: I’m really the good twin. Yes I rape my brother in law, deceive everyone in my life, and set my boyfriend’s body on fire rather than call the police but I’m the good one I swear! Gina, sweetie, you’re both the bad twin.

Plus she also tried to steal $60K from her sister, sold narcotics, blackmailed her best friend, and by having the affair with Dylan, jeopardized Leni's real marriage.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:38 PM, gesundheit said:

And then what are they going to do when they find new freckles and scars?  Draw new freckles on every.single.day?  Make new scars that are somehow identical, and this time they won't even be healing at the same time, like with the cutting the face one from childhood.  And there is no way that those two face scars are identical, and with the scars being in such a prominent place, it would surely have been noticed.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:54 PM, I Want My MBTV said:

Not that I should be looking for logic in this series but .....  I don't understand (or wasn't paying attention) to how stealing the horse or whatever Gina was doing was going to get her and Dylan money.  Seems like stealing the horse only made them owe money? 

Yep, I had the exact same question.  Plus I don't understand what happened to the foal or to the other horses that ran away.  Surely they would have been found roaming by somebody, right?

On 8/26/2022 at 4:54 PM, I Want My MBTV said:

I did like knowing the grandma was in on it and was never actually hurt by the horse thieves. 

Now I can't remember what happened with that.  Since the foal went to Jack and Leni, why would the horse thieves have come to Dylan and his grandma's?  Also, didn't we see a trail of blood (actually, it looked more like vomit) leading to that room where the grandma was, but when Leni got to the grandma, there wasn't a drop of blood on her. 

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Like 1

I think—think—the general idea with the horses was that the foal would be sold as if it were Jack's, and he'd get money that way. He and Leni were boarding horses, so they didn't own them. The horse thieves were the owners.

Again, I think. This plot was very convoluted and badly explained.

Wasn't the ketamine a straight-up drug deal? It had nothing to do with the horse plot save for ketamine is a common drug for horses. Selling it was a way to score some quick cash.