Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E18: Eviction #6

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

I hope Jasmine is outside. On the other hand, if she is inside, there's a good chance Michael will put her on the block.

I wonder if there will be a port-a-potty in the backyard. Or maybe they can go into use the toilet and shower. Or else inside uses HOH bathroom and outside gets the downstairs bathroom.

• Like 1
Just now, Michichick said:

Michael’s gonna take a shot at the Leftovers.

If he can, yes.  

Not the outcome I was hoping for, but Michael's just painted an even bigger target on his back with this win.  He did NOT need it.  Good, he's gonna be fucked.

Praying that Jasmine winds up outside along with Kyle.

• Love 6
Just now, Katesus7 said:

Schoolyard pick. Michael is savvy enough to pick either Alyssa or Jasmine, but Terrance being the other HOH definitely puts a wrench in things. 

Michael will go for Alyssa first, I think.  

Let's see how smart Terrance is in his picks.  Hopefully he realizes he needs to target Kyle, but I'm not sure he's that smart.

• Love 4

Thank you so much @Lamb18! I missed all the way till Indy was at the door giving the other HGs her parting advice. Then I missed her interview but saw Julie reveal the twist and the HGs floored reactions including all the legs on Jasmine’s caterpillars (did the legs come out with the shock at the twist or to help her mobility since she’s finally off the cane?) and the HoH comp. Bummer but hardly surprising that Michael won and worse they get to pick so I’m not going to get the proper split I wanted, sigh!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kyle is rapidly becoming a BEC for me.  He's just so smarmy about everything.  His DR clips, his schmooping with Alyssa, even the stupid dance he did on his way to vote all annoy the heck out of me.  Everything he does seems calculated to get him the most attention.  I'm actually surprised that he and Jasmine can co-exist in the same space without creating some kind of ego black hole.  I get that it's an individual game, but more than anyone else he wants to have his cake alliance and eat it too his showmance and everyone should just understand that he is entitled to both.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 4

The two highlights of the bloated/filler stuffed episode are as follows:

Julie's mea culpa that Season One blew chunks and was a failure. But that's what happens when you put viewers in charge and they promptly voted out the most interesting and controversial characters leaving what was it...four nights or more a week to fill with a pack of docile dullards. A failure so spectacular that Julie resorted to a suitcase full of cash to bribe someone to leave so they could put someone in with a little fire in their belly and no one took the bait. It was the inaugural flopping of a twist with many more to follow leading right up to that whole debacle we watched week one.

Second was watching everyone realize their games could possibly be blown up.

And of course Michael wins again...it is so boring watching a player who is never in danger (not counting week one) and winds up sweeping the game. This new twist was a good chance to leave him vulnerable but of course he's HOH. Will these dopes ever wise up and get him out before its too late?

I'm convinced Production came up with this twist as a way to end the Leftovers steam rolling the game. With the no swapping of power between two factions each week....its frankly not very entertaining. This could be a last gasp to salvage the season.

It's sad that we heard more from Indy tonight in her exit interview than all season.  Her only edit was comic relief. We never really got an Indy centric storyline or episode. It's too bad because she was exotic and easy on the eyes. But her screen time got eaten up by so many others.

Glad Taylor finally realized everyone else was trying to run her HOH. Also that whole wig thing proved she was BORN to have that lush beautiful long hair. And as for the question of who wouldn't want to be chained to Taylor production missed what would have been epic if they had cut to the B/W photo of Paloma on the memory wall.

Kyle destroying his game for a summer fling is a story that probably goes all the way back to cave men time when a neanderthal probably did something really stupid over a potential mate.

Just when I thought we'd seen the last of the studio audience they are back! A welcome return because they were the MVP for the Aryan Gries eviction all those years ago with their reaction.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Just when you thought this season could be any worse, TIIC come up with a split HOH rather than a regular double eviction.  First the HOH competition was unfair because a HG could go in twice before a HG goes in once. Second the choice of which side your on is unfair. It should by a random draw like is done with picking POV players.  

• Love 2

That zoom in on Jasmine's eyebrows made up for every bad and drawn out thing in this episode. Thank God for HD cameras so I could see how she's drawing each individual hair on her brow.

Okay, sure, they were trying to show her shocked face but all I saw were her tragic eyebrows.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I just love the way the tone changes in the goodbye message when we get to jury.   We sewing from some of the snarkiest bitches to "OMG, I love you SO much and I tried to protect but the votes weren't there but I can't wait to hang out with you because you're so awesome and you don't even have to prompt me to say anything like Jasmine and you look better than Yosemite Sam at Jasmine's birthday - 2 months picnic fixin' to rassle the army o ants for some griddled tofu rabbit barbecue."    Fake ass mofos.   They had to be tipped off that there wouldn't be a re-entering player from the pre-jury or no way they would have been bold in those GBMs.  

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Taylor's HoHitis getting out of control

I know she’s the favorite and everyone is supposed to hate Kyle, but in her TH when she’s clenched-jaw threatening Kyle that it is HER HoH, I’m thinking - yeah, and it’s HIS PoV. She’s a puppet for her alliance thinking she’s in control. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Turner made a big mistake picking Terrance and Alyssa to play. You never put up two of your opponents in that comp— it guarantees one of them will advance. If he had picked a LO instead of Terrance, maybe Terrence doesn’t continue on.

However the picks shake out, a Leftover is going this week. (Maybe two, if Michael targets one, too.) Based on numbers, at least 2 Leftovers will be on Terrance’s team. And assuming Terrance knows who is not on his side, at least one of them will be put on the block. If that one wins the veto, the other will go up, and will go home, because there won’t be enough votes to save him/her.

But who knows. Terrence could always screw it up. But it looks like the Leftover reign is over, and individual games are ON.

• Like 2

That entire episode could have been an email.

Ok so hear me out, and this is the only time I will defend Kyle.  He took the veto because they had a plan.  Then the plan changed because they couldn’t stick to a plan.  When the plan changed to Alyssa, why would Kyle agree to that?  I get that he should be making The LO his focus, but it’s shitty of the rest of them to say he should be the one to backdoor his squeeze.  Indy had to go anyways, so it’s fine for this week.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Schoolyard pick!! Ha ha!

Michael picks - oh, they aren't going to show it until Sunday!

Right... so they push back to two hours for inane filler and leave us with a TBC, showing us half of the BIG TWIST they've been talking up. Yeah, welcome to Big Brother!!  Pfffftttt...

She was looking like a blow up doll for a minute there

Shout out to Maggie Mae, because I too was thinking the same thing! The blowup doll mouth and the highly glossed lips almost distracted me from the eyebrows!!

So... two hours of BB and I can't think of anything else to comment on... oh, sadness.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Many thanks to Lamb18 for the recaps! I a) forgot what day it was and b) was in the middle of doing the dishes when I realized it was almost halfway over. Then, Dear Aunt Crabby tweeted that the first hour was an entire waste of time, so I figured I would catch up on demand. Now, I don't even have to do that!

This stupid season started horrible, got tons better, and now is getting horrible again. Other than Turner, I don't even know who to root for. Maybe no one. Maybe I'll just manifest evictees...

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Is Kyle really 30 years old? He must be reliving his adolescence in this house.

He never stopped living his adolescence.  He lives in mom’s basement and is unemployed except for his videos. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

Random thoughts on the episode:

I love Big Brother, but 2 hours is a LOT to sit through (I always feel the same about double episodes of The Amazing Race - too much of a good thing).

I almost never notice Julie's clothing choices, but in last night's episode, she was looking FINE! :)

This new twist is so complicated I almost needed to write it down.  Why not just play the game "normally"?  The Leftovers are about to implode, which should give us weeks of entertainment without all of this artifice layered on top,  (Then again, I thought the Festie Bestie twist was dumb originally, but grew to enjoy it by the end).

Taylor disappointed me with her HOH reign.  "I want Terrence out this week." "Indy is my target."  "Let's get rid of Allysa instead!"  It really called into question her leadership abilities.

Kyle seems like one of those genuinely nice guys who nevertheless gets on your nerves really quickly.  He'll make a fine upstanding adult some day.

Did one of Jasmine's eyebrows have legs on it last night?!?!

I'm calling it now: DJ Showtime is about to take control of this game! haha  Wouldn't it be awesome if he actually made a move this week that totally resets the season?  We found his secret winning-HoH power: staring at a TV screen and correctly identifying stuff. 

(Seriously, though, Terrence really was good-natured about having 182 (!) tattoos plastered all over his body.)

2 hours of show and we STILL ran out of time trying to see who gets picked for each team! :(

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Ok so hear me out, and this is the only time I will defend Kyle.  He took the veto because they had a plan.  Then the plan changed because they couldn’t stick to a plan.  When the plan changed to Alyssa, why would Kyle agree to that?  I get that he should be making The LO his focus, but it’s shitty of the rest of them to say he should be the one to backdoor his squeeze.

I can never understand why a HoH gets angry when the Veto winner refuses to use the Veto so the HoH can backdoor Player X. If the HoH wants Player X gone so badly, nominate them. Good on Kyle for refusing to do Taylor's dirty work.

As for Taylor, she lost a lot of goodwill this week. Proposing to Monte and Turner that she'd nominate both of them and hope the right person would win Veto so she could nominate someone else as a replacement? Ridiculous, and I don't blame them one bit for thinking Taylor's power went right to her head. While the early season bullying of Taylor was downright cruel, we caught a glimpse of why some of the houseguests originally found her unappealing: beneath the nice-girl exterior is a major sense of entitlement.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Gregg247 said:

(Seriously, though, Terrence really was good-natured about having 182 (!) tattoos plastered all over his body.)

The cheeky little editors could have let up on the paper-scratch sound effect at any time.  Squeaky wheel - hell yes.  Scratchy paper - dear god make it stop MY EARS.

• LOL 1

I was actually looking forward to a two hour episode, because I assumed it was going to set up the BIG TWIST and we were going to get some introduction to what was going to transpire, and some unscripted hamster scrambling as they try to catch up to the BIG TWIST.

Instead we got two hours of filler material, a normal eviction, and a completely boring HOH comp.

What a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

That entire episode could have been an email.

No kidding. Two whole hours of filler. With all the hype about this new twist I expected them to spend at least one hour on it. Instead we get a lot of nonsense about whether or not Kyle will use the Veto - something that should have been covered on Wednesday's episode - and a lot of filler about the stupid gimmicks and costumes and "punishments." Good grief. We didn't even get to see how they would be split up, all we got is an HoH comp that could have been the end of any regular Thursday episode. I don't get what they were thinking here. Do they think the audience is so enamored of Kyle and Alyssa that they had to devote a big chunk of a bonus episode to Kyle's Big Dilemma? Or that the punk rock band was so hilarious it needed a long segment?

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Jasmine's eyebrows look like an Etch a Sketch.

Not an Etch a Sketch, but that toy with a face, and metal shavings, where you use a magnet pen to move the shavings to make facial hair, eyebrows.

Yeah these are the toys we used to have in the olden days, before Ipads

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

They remind of those magnetic boards where you could draw whatever hair and eyebrows you wanted 

29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Not an Etch a Sketch, but that toy with a face, and metal shavings, where you use a magnet pen to move the shavings to make facial hair, eyebrows.

29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

🤣 I didn’t scroll down before I commented, but I’m glad I’m not the only one!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Or that the punk rock band was so hilarious it needed a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng segment?

Hope you don't mind, but I fixed that for you 😉 I got annoyed with that by about the third iteration of Taylor's 'band' I can't even imagine what that was like to live through. I would have been camped out in the Have Not room too. Probably rocking back and forth as well.

Yet another 'punishment' that punishes the entire house EXCEPT the person whose 'punishment' it is. Classic Big Brother.

Terrance was indeed a good sport about his 'ink', I'd have refused to have those things on my face! *shudder*

To me there are but three acceptable results for this 'split' game. The first is to get Jasmine living outside for the week. The second is of course to get the 'showmance' on opposite 'teams'. The grande finale will be to watch each 'side' play it safe to get through the week. That will lead to each side going with the easy vote-out from each side. In the end it will mean absolutely nothing in the long-term as yet another 'BIG TWIST' will amount to nothing.

I know it won't happen, as I learned tens of seasons ago that we aren't allowed to have nice things, but it NEEDS to.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yay Wooly Willy!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He lives in mom’s basement and is unemployed except for his videos. 

In my Kyle rant, I forgot to mention how it made me laugh when his DR chyron came up "UNEMPLOYED".  TPTB could have been kinder, but maybe they're a little tired of him too.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Kyle seems like one of those genuinely nice guys who nevertheless gets on your nerves really quickly.  He'll make a fine upstanding adult some day.

KKKyle (as he is called on Social Media) will have A LOT to answer too once he is kicked out.  Especially with his conspiracy theory that there is a Cookout 2.0 and pushing a "white alliance". 

I also can't see it ending well with Alyssa.  He's almost 30, living with his mom, no job.  He isn't even that attractive or smart.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

What are the 3 games the hamsters have access to - chess, pool, what’s the third?

I believe it's chess, Chinese checkers and backgammon.  The pool table is counted separately from the boardgames.

Well, Michael itching to sabotage the group, which is almost certainly premature.  (What, he doesn't think he could get Kyle and/or Turner to vote out one of the beefcakes?  C'mon, man.)

Which begs the question:  did he want a non-Leftover to win one of the HoH slots, or did he just screw up?  Because when he chose Terrance and Jasmine to face off, he was guaranteeing one of them a spot in the final round, and thus one of the HoH slots.

Whereas, if he'd put Turner in against Jasmine/Terrance, Turner might have won that round, then Michael could have won the other semi-final, and the Leftovers would have controlled both Big Broachella and Dyer Fest.  ("Dyer" as in "wearing tie-dye", not "Dire" as in "wretched".  Although the Yardbirds may well find it so.) Is Michael hoping Terrance will do his dirty work for him?  Or did he just whiff?

I'm guessing that Michael takes Brittany as his first pick, both so that he can protect her, and that he can have a reliable vote to make any necessary decision.  With only five people (literally) in the house, there will only be two voters; as long as he keeps Brittany off of the block, the two of them can evict whomever they want, with Michael casting the tie-break if necessary.

Then, I'd assume that Michael will pick either Jasmine or Alyssa (possibly depending on if Terrance has already picked one of them).  This ensures he has a target on his side of the house, and avoids tanking his game as if he'd deliberately stuck all the, er, outsiders outside, "forcing" himself to turn on the Leftovers.  Nobody would buy that that would be an accident.

So…if Terrance only has one ally with him outside, he may not be able to protect them, even if he wants to.  All the three Leftovers would need to do is throw the Veto to whichever Leftover Terrance doesn't nom, and the winner would pull down one of the noms, Terrance would have to nominate his ally as a replacement, and the two Leftovers could vote Jasmine/Alyssa out.  ("The Diane", as I call it, in honor of S5's Diane Henry, who was the first to execute this maneuver.)

So things may get very interesting.  (Or Terrance could just get completely snowed and it's all irrelevant.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, thestorm said:

KKKyle (as he is called on Social Media) will have A LOT to answer too once he is kicked out.  Especially with his conspiracy theory that there is a Cookout 2.0 and pushing a "white alliance". 

I can't blame Kyle for worrying about this, after last season's "Racism is GREAT…as long as black people do it!" garbage.  I'd be all "self-defense!" myself.  

(Indeed, I noted at the time that this was a possible danger that Operation White-Out might cause for future black HGs.)

That said, he's overdoing it.  He might recall that last season's "heroes" had no use for Alyssa or Derek X, either.  It was specifically a black alliance, not an "all non-whites" alliance.  So thinking that Joseph or Indy would take part for such a reason is simplistic on Kyle's part. JMO.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 3
On 8/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, Lamb18 said:

I'm wondering if she hasn't had some permanent eyebrows done.  I see a lot of people who have done that have very pronounced eyebrows.  it starts out looking natural but over time all the individual strokes tend to sag into each other looking like hers.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:56 AM, Callaphera said:

That zoom in on Jasmine's eyebrows made up for every bad and drawn out thing in this episode. Thank God for HD cameras so I could see how she's drawing each individual hair on her brow.

Okay, sure, they were trying to show her shocked face but all I saw were her tragic eyebrows.

On one of the quick edit shots, someone was fixing their belt right in front of her, and the shocked face timing was impeccable.  I'm waiting for a gif/meme.