Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Racing For Our Lives

• Start Topic

I could definitely see the current teams being annoyed that the Covid-affected teams were able to come back, but in the end, I think that they handled it fairly well.  They had a task that only they had to do, which evened up against the task that the existing teams had previously done.  Only two teams got to come back, and then it was a TBC leg with two teams being eliminated next week.

I'm trying to figure out how the brothers got out of the aviation challenge so quickly.  They hardly seemed to be there at all!  The animation challenge looked like fun.

The mediation challenge was really hard.  You have to force yourself to be as calm as possible knowing that getting to the mat is next on the list and if you're last, you face elimination.  This wouldn't be nearly so difficult at the beginning of the leg.  TAR Canada always comes up with diabolical challenges.

The doggies were cute and so smart!

I still like all the teams but Beverley and Veronica annoy me somewhat.  They complain a lot, they often ask for help, and then complain when they don't get it.  Everyone is polite to the people running the tasks and when asking strangers for directions which I always like to see.

For the preview:

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to next week because my husband has family that live in Belleville and the Prince Edward County area.  It looks like they are going to Sandbanks, which doesn't surprise me at all.  I'm curious if there will be any other places that I recognize.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aemom said:

I still like all the teams but Beverley and Veronica annoy me somewhat.  They complain a lot, they often ask for help, and then complain when they don't get it.  Everyone is polite to the people running the tasks and when asking strangers for directions which I always like to see.

For the preview:

Reveal spoiler

I'm looking forward to next week because my husband has family that live in Belleville and the Prince Edward County area.  It looks like they are going to Sandbanks, which doesn't surprise me at all.  I'm curious if there will be any other places that I recognize.

They aren’t my favourites either. Was it Tychon and Cedric who referenced that the dogs feed off peoples’ energy, so they don’t think that the two women would do well? I wonder how the rest of the contestants feel about them. 

• Love 1

Beverly and Veronica (how many times have you called them Betty and Veronica?) strike me as people who don't hear "no" often in their lives.

I am not a terribly emotional person, but when Craig mentioned that the other teams wanted them to come back for Catherine, I definitely teared up. I was wondering why Court and Ali were so quick to help them find the clue, and that likely explains it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2022 at 9:26 PM, aemom said:

I could definitely see the current teams being annoyed that the Covid-affected teams were able to come back, but in the end, I think that they handled it fairly well

At first I was annoyed they got to come back after not having to compete for the last few legs. Then I thought back to how I had COVID about a month and a half ago and how much it kicked my ass. For the first week or so I felt like garbage and was totally exhausted. Then after that there was another week or so where I had headaches every day. I am not sure how much time the teams got off, but public health rules say that if you are vaccinated and your symptoms are improving you can go on with your life 5 days after you first test positive or start to show symptoms. And I can't imagine doing a race or even getting on a plane 5 days after my symptoms showed up. 

• Love 2

I always hear Betty & Veronica! Every time! I'm trying not to judge them too harshly, but they are not making it easy. I do think the 2 teams deserved a chance to come back, as the show had already set that precedent by letting eliminated teams come back when the COVID teams went out. Maybe to be fair every team should get at least one re-entry chance.

I was also touched that if there was only one spot, the teams wanted Catherine to have it. I do not think you would see that in the American version! Hope Catherine and Craig go far!  

• Like 1
  • Love 2