Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E17: Power of Veto #6

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Jasmine tells Joseph to get his head in the game! And says he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Ha ha ha!

Clearly Joseph never mentioned that he is a lawyer, LOL

No, Kyle, just no.  Keep your tongue in your mouth.  

I thought Taylor wanted Kyle to win so the noms would stay the same?   Did she tell him she changed the plan?

Well, congrats Kyle, I guess.

Fun to see Indy to do a punk concert.

Just now, jsm1125 said:

I vastly prefer Taylor to Alyssa, but was Alyssa really supposed to take the veto when Kyle or Jasmine were likely going to take it from her anyway?

Note that Jasmine put a trip to London over getting veto to save Indy.

Didn't Jasmine said she was going to take Indy off the block?

Is anyone calling Jasmine out on still using the cane and the boot?  She was able to run around the yard, and up the slide for OTEV, and even jumped off the wall, after a heroic 30 seconds on it, but now can't walk a few feet on her own?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

Is anyone calling Jasmine out on still using the cane and the boot?  She was able to run around the yard, and up the slide for OTEV, and even jumped off the wall, after a heroic 30 seconds on it, but now can't walk a few feet on her own?  

I don't doubt and injury could have achy days, but yeah, it seems like Jazz is milking this injury. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, LADreamr said:

In the words of Rockstar “I CANNOT!” with the limping! 

• Love 4

Was Taylor wearing a nicotine patch in the DR? Or was that just some weird big square bandage? 

Also, does Kyle shave his armpits? Or does he have no body hair below the scalp? He's smooth all over.

I don't like the way the show is screwing with the format. The Veto meeting is supposed to happen at the end of the Wednesday episode. Clearly the only suspense left to milk out of this week is whether or not Kyle risks using the Veto and Alyssa going up so we get a cliffhanger instead. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I don’t like Jasmine but if she’s more comfortable using a cane I don’t have a problem with it. Now, if she says don’t nominate me because I’m injured, then I’d have a problem with that.

I might be sensitive on this issue because I use a cane for balance because it makes me feel more secure. People might think I don’t “need” it but it makes my life easier.

• Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Dissapointed that Taylor was so easily misted into abandoning the plan to get out Terrance.

Then it just continued on from there watching some of these bottom feeders continually manipulating Taylor and running her HOH as it was their own. Particuarly annoying was Monte with "this didn't need to happen" regarding Alyssa and the trip. It was such a clear cut case of him playing it up to Taylor to get what he wants.

I just wanted Taylor's HOH to be her own but these Leftovers just won't let that happen.

People need to wake up and get Michael and Monte out of there because they are gliding towards the end.

As for Alyssa...the worse part about it is that neither of them are going to London...Jasmine is...God Save the Queen.

Props to the announcer: Taylor was all that and a bag of chips....brilliant!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I vastly prefer Taylor to Alyssa, but was Alyssa really supposed to take the veto when Kyle or Jasmine were likely going to take it from her anyway?

No and their outrage over it makes no sense. There is no reason for any of the middle people in this comp to take the veto since the person who wins will take it from them anyway!! You know if you have the veto when it’s over and the winner makes their choice that you’re going to end up with a punishment. Why is “everyone supposed to go for the veto” (Monte) or that not picking it “shows you feel comfortable”? (Alyssa) You are not going to end up with it in the end no matter what!! Picking it early when there are actual prizes is stupid.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Was Taylor wearing a nicotine patch in the DR? Or was that just some weird big square bandage? 

Bandage. Nicotine patches are much smaller and usually have some branding or at least dosage printed on them.

• Useful 1

Taylor's bandage was distracting to me, and I think it clearly indicates an editing manipulation of the timeline.  It was on, off, on, off...  Once I saw a bare shoulder with what looked to be a raw patch of skin interspersed with other bare shoulder shots of what looked to be a more healed dark patch of skin.

BB doesn't allow hamsters to radically change their appearance from day to day or week to week for just this reason.  Production wants to splice this scene with that scene to make their preferred narrative, even though that means they're going back and forth in time.

So Taylor's bandage and healing injury seems to have bypassed that scrutiny.  Doesn't surprise me, BB can be simultaneously controlling and hopelessly careless.  

I'm also a little concerned that Tay-Tay may be suffering from chip withdrawal, since we only saw a brief shot of Alyssa(or was it Indy) munching on Poppables, and no incredibly satisfying shots of Taylor rapturously and thoughtfully devouring her plain Lays potato chips.  I lurves me some plain Lays chips myself, so I can totally relate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Note that Jasmine put a trip to London over getting veto to save Indy.

Didn't Jasmine said she was going to take Indy off the block?

She must have assumed that Kyle was going to take it from her because if she left Indy with the veto (thinking Indy would be safe and she could get a prize) , her own chances of being the replacement nom were pretty high.  I'd like to believe she was being strategic, but I think she just really wanted that trip.

I do think that it was a bad move on Alyssa's part to take the trip.  The "punishment" she got wasn't that bad--although I'm personally thankful that she and Kyle won't be chained together any more than they already are--and screwing the HOH right before a renom is just kind of dumb.  Whether or not Taylor should be offended, odds are pretty good that replacing a prize with a punishment is going to ruffle feathers.  I think she should have taken the veto from Indy on the chance that neither Jasmine or Kyle would care enough to take it from her since they're all supposedly allies.  Jasmine would probably have kept the cash or switched with Taylor, who would be less unhappy getting cash.   That would leave it on Kyle to take one of the prizes from Jasmine/Taylor or the veto from her.  It would have put him in a tough situation on whether he should give his "love" a punishment or go against what his alliance wants.

So either BB is really trying to get Frito-Lay’s attention, or the company has enthusiastically jumped on board with the product placement. How else to explain the bag of Lay’s (label facing out!) on the shelf on the HoH room, centrally positioned in the frame, with spotlights on it no less. I’m honestly surprised the costume punishment wasn’t a giant bag of chips.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Don’t know about anybody else, but my opinion of Michael’s social/strategic acumen took a definite downturn this episode; possibly TPTB were doing some very specific selection from their stock of DR footage, but it seemed to me Michael’s reads on the other HGs were surprisingly simplistic.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Also, does Kyle shave his armpits? Or does he have no body hair below the scalp? He's smooth all over.

You realize, of course, the universe is gonna make you pay for putting that out in it.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I was weirdly captivated by Turner hosting that veto comp. He was really into it, lol.

Frankly, I was wondering if I might’ve run into Turner - literally - in the pits at one of the Louder Than Life festivals in recent years.

And Taylor was frikkin’ HOT.

• Love 2

Wow, there's some serious over-thinking going on.

Kyle doesn't use the Veto because he's worried that Alyssa could be the replacement nom.  (As she well could be.) Indy goes home, Taylor feigns being heartbroken and guilt-ridden.  How difficult is that?

And IMO it's not that Alyssa should have grabbed the Veto because she thought she'd hold onto it (although the 3rd-place finisher in this comp has won the Veto, at least twice that I can recall [S10 Jerry and I think S16 or 17?]), but because stealing a valuable prize from the HoH is just dumb, given that  it possibly invites revenge.  Take the Veto (if they do let you keep it, you can save Indy and not worry about going up to replace her) and maybe Jasmine chooses to hold onto the cash and Kyle (who certainly wouldn't want to take the Veto from his showmance) grabs the cash from Jasmine and sticks her with the unitard. 

This would actually make pawning Joseph more credible (Taylor won't backdoor Jasmine, and once Alyssa uses the Veto on Indy, there's nobody else outside the Leftovers to put up) and it would have kept both Indy and Alyssa safe.  But as things are now, Kyle should just play "concerned boyfriend" and freeze the noms, nothing further required.  JMO.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

And IMO it's not that Alyssa should have grabbed the Veto because she thought she'd hold onto it (although the 3rd-place finisher in this comp has won the Veto, at least twice that I can recall [S10 Jerry and I think S16 or 17?]), but because stealing a valuable prize from the HoH is just dumb, given that  it possibly invites revenge. 

THANK you.  The fact that Michael was apparently totally clueless to this social game aspect of Alyssa’s faux pas was half the reason I questioned his actual game awareness.

(FYI: the other half was Michael’s obliviousness to the fact Alyssa not taking the PoV at that point telegraphed an unwise level of game comfort to an HoH who might be faced with picking a replacement nom in the VERY near future….)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

My household (the wife & I) think it might be covering up a tattoo, reasons for this are that it's a bit big and that is a weird place to get any sort of cut or scrape requiring said covering,

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

15 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

My household (the wife & I) think it might be covering up a tattoo, reasons for this are that it's a bit big and that is a weird place to get any sort of cut or scrape requiring said covering,

I'm gonna respond to these in the feeds vs. show thread.