Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Thore Family Values

• Start Topic

After suffering from a stroke, COVID-19 and an infection, the Thores are amazed to see Babs make a miraculous recovery. Everyone anxiously hopes it will be enough to get her approved for rehabilitation. Whitney is not prepared to give up without a fight.

Original air date 2022.08.16

• Love 1

Okayy....is anyone else just totally grossed out. We all know that her cats are allowed to sit their butts down on every counter in the kitchen, right? I just watched her serve NASTY Nachos to her friends by dumping the chips out DIRECTLY onto the counter top !!And they're EATING THEM !! FKN YUCK!!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Made in MT said:

Okayy....is anyone else just totally grossed out. We all know that her cats are allowed to sit their butts down on every counter in the kitchen, right? I just watched her serve NASTY Nachos to her friends by dumping the chips out DIRECTLY onto the counter top !!And they're EATING THEM !! FKN YUCK!!

She dumped the chips on a counter top? Not even in a large bowl? How very immature and trashy. Wow — that’s just…….wow. Gross. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I didn’t bother watching, was it completely about Babs?

Mostly, from what I remember. I know I watched the whole thing, but don’t remember much except everyone talking about how Babs’ stroke affected them.. a few scenes of Babs where she was improving...

Buddy dropped by and talked about his proposal and it was kind of awkward. They don’t seem very comfortable together anymore. Whitney went in for a kiss goodbye or such, and Buddy leaned away for a hug instead. 

Heather’s hair is harsh on her. She’s a pretty woman, but the pink was neon-or else it just looks that way because of the ultra bright lights they film everyone in these days.

Whit’s dad doesn’t seem to want to ever retire, even though his wife needs him home. Thought that was strange too. 

eg. snoozer. Her dog was adorable though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Made in MT said:

No, if you look, she put down something covering the whole island (butcher paper or something? I’m not sure what it’s called). It was actually a cute setup, the bowls of chips, nachos dips, and then some more chips placed around the display. 

The finger licking, though, I cannot abide!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Mostly, from what I remember. I know I watched the whole thing, but don’t remember much except everyone talking about how Babs’ stroke affected them.. a few scenes of Babs where she was improving...

Buddy dropped by and talked about his proposal and it was kind of awkward. They don’t seem very comfortable together anymore. Whitney went in for a kiss goodbye or such, and Buddy leaned away for a hug instead. 

Also Heather can't be Whitney's surrogate due to medical risk. This was about 1 minute, then dropped.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Glenn is 76 and is driving to Raleigh every day for work? 1.5 hrs one way. I'm sure the Thore's have plenty of money for retirement. Does he just do it to get out of the house? His wife needs him now, it's time to give her the care she needs. It's time to let Hunter go live his life for now. Whit lives locally and can take over helping Glen.  

Buddy doing his obligatory scene with Whit. So fake. 

Hardly any talk about Frenchman. Hmmmm, are they slowly going to slowly take him out of the picture and put Whit and Lenny back together? Can't believe this woman still has a show. Unbelievable.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Heather’s hair is harsh on her. She’s a pretty woman, but the pink was neon-or else it just looks that way because of the ultra bright lights they film everyone in these days.

I was wondering Heather keeps her hair that color. She would look so much better with a natural hair color.  And good for her for turning down surrogacy with Whit. I don't think she ever really wanted to do it.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Also Heather can't be Whitney's surrogate due to medical risk. This was about 1 minute, then dropped.

Remember how last season Heather insisted on going to the Dr. appointment alone? I think she never wanted to be Whit's surrogate and found an easy way out. Lie about your physical situation. We see you, Purple Heather. Good job of getting Whit off your back. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Hardly any talk about Frenchman. Hmmmm, are they slowly going to slowly take him out of the picture and put Whit and Lenny back together? Can't believe this woman still has a show. Unbelievable.  

Still not buying the whole "frenchie le blur boyfriend". I can see it now, she brought Lenny back on the show to weasel her way out of another "fake" relationship. She "cheats" on LeBlur with Lenny and then feels like she needs to come clean with LeBlur, he is devastated that she cheated on him and dumps her, end fake story line

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

They’re really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this show.  She doesn’t have a life and I bet she barely leaves the house unless it’s for filming.  Sadly, if it weren’t for Babs the show would probably have no storyline at all.  

I still don’t get the Le Blur thing. (I know it’s not real), but she wouldn’t go to Wilmington for Chase (I know that wasn’t real either), but she’s going to keep trekking to Paris for Le Blur? It’s so dumb.  Oh well, I guess Lennie has to earn a paycheck this season. 

Maybe Glen keeps working for his health insurance, it’s probably better than Medicare or he just likes to work.  Wouldn’t Babs still need nursing care even if he retired?  

Hunter looks worn out, not that I blame him. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

Hunter needs a hair cut.

Heather's hair is horrible.

Whitney gets bigger each season.

It was horrible for Whitney to insist on her dad saying a curse word.  She's truly awful.

The blue house is too much.  Not only is it blue on the exterior, but her entire living room is blue.  All she really needed was ONE ACCENT WALL.

I agree that were it not for Babs, what story line would they have contrived? 

Just waiting for Whitney to say I told you so in regards to insisting her parents move into the bedroom downstairs given Babs' health condition. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 2:14 PM, Irate Panda said:

Maybe Glen keeps working for his health insurance, it’s probably better than Medicare or he just likes to work.  Wouldn’t Babs still need nursing care even if he retired?  

When Glen hit 65 he went on Medicare, and that's the primary payer for bills, since he's still working, and if he has health insurance through work, that is the secondary payer.   If he retires and his work policy doesn't go into retirement, then a supplement (not an advantage plan) policy would pay deductibles, and whatever Medicare doesn't pay.    Medicare is the primary payer, and then the remainder is claimed through your other health insurance as the second payer, or a supplement policy.     It may be that once he retires, he keeps the company medical insurance, but pays the premiums just as when he was working.   Other work based plans stop once you leave the company,    The smart thing to do then is get a supplemental policy.     I think Glen is doing the smart thing by keeping working, at least for now.   

I hate that they're turning Babs condition into a storyline.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Glenn is 76 and is driving to Raleigh every day for work? 1.5 hrs one way. I'm sure the Thore's have plenty of money for retirement. Does he just do it to get out of the house? His wife needs him now, it's time to give her the care she needs. It's time to let Hunter go live his life for now. Whit lives locally and can take over helping Glen.  

Buddy doing his obligatory scene with Whit. So fake. 

I wouldn’t assume that the Thores have a good retirement savings. Plenty of people get to retirement with little or nothing saved, especially if they have spent a lot over the years helping support their adult children. Social Sexurity isn’t going to keep Glenn and Babs in their current lifestyle.

Honestly, give the choice, I’d prefer a professional caregiver to my husband. He is wonderful and I adore him and he would take amazing care of me. But he’s my husband. I don’t want him to have to get me on and off the toilet or give me a bath or whatever. I can completely see Babs not wanting Glenn to be her caregiver. Also he seems to enjoy his work and find it fulfilling. If I were Babs, I’d tell him to keep on working unless there was just no other option.

• Like 4
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Shauna said:

Whitney gets bigger each season.

Yeah, but I guess we're used to it...what I haven't gotten used to, is how much weight Jessica gained.  And I don't like her harsh hair and make-up either.  She used to be so cute when she was more natural, but now she's getting that crazy Heather over-doing it thing. 

5 hours ago, Shauna said:

The blue house is too much.  Not only is it blue on the exterior, but her entire living room is blue.  All she really needed was ONE ACCENT WALL.

I think the blue outside looks great, very fresh.

8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Glenn is 76 and is driving to Raleigh every day for work? 1.5 hrs one way.

I was stunned when Whit said he commuted to Raleigh every day.  If he really wants to continue working, then he and Babs need to look at why and go from there.  If it's to keep busy and stay useful, and he really finds the work rewarding, but they don't need the money, then maybe go part-time and see about hiring a driver for at least some of the days....all of this is assuming that they get a professional to watch Babs.

9 hours ago, SDVegas said:

No, if you look, she put down something covering the whole island (butcher paper or something? I’m not sure what it’s called). It was actually a cute setup, the bowls of chips, nachos dips, and then some more chips placed around the display. 

Yes, but knowing Whit, she placed that covering down in advance, and the cats have been through there.  Heck, even just the cats walking on the stools nearby and swishing their tails would get cat hair on the covering.  Just gross.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I know the season preview said Whitney is “the pillar of strength her family needs”, but that seems to be Hunter.  I felt really bad for him in this episode.  It’s awful when you have a histrionic person in your family and feel you can’t show your emotions or breakdown.  I hope he gets to move to Atlanta and have a life again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

YAY!!!! I'm SOO happy!!!! I tried to watch but I just couldn't stomach it.  I actually work in REHAB at a Senior Living Facility and it was just too much drama coming from Shitney's braying mouth.  

I think Dad is concerned about HOW he's gonna support the ENTIRE family (he's been doing that forever!) and that's the reason he's hesitant to just.. RETIRE.

Otherwise, glad Babs is getting better!  Recovering from a stroke is never easy.  I just wish she'd do it privately, instead of hooching herself out for that fat slob of a daughter to have a storyline. Ugh.

Can I just add that I find it amusing that we all ALWAYS want to LIVE CHAT on these nutty shows but yet, the opportunity to do live chatting on THIS show....... ZERO REPLIES.  Says it ALL, doesn't it?

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I refuse to believe that Glen has to keep working to "support the family".  Knowing him for this many years he is simply not the type of person to not have saved enough money for retirement.  Plus his kids are mostly self sufficient I am sure.  People always act like Whitney doesn't have a job.  She does, it's the SHOW.  He is making excuses to act like he still needs to work, but I'm not buying it.  He is on record from long ago as saying he never wanted to retire.  He is just one of those people that HAS to work.  I know, I'm married to one of them.  He is 66 but is still working part time.  He would have continued working full time if not for the pandemic affecting his source of income.  It has taken him 2 years to come to terms with that but in retrospect is happy it happened.  Glen just needs that push to get him to cut back or stop working altogether.  His wife's situation should be that push.  I hope it serves as the 2x4 across his head.

• Love 5

The thing is we really don't know how much he supported the Twit and Hunter over the years. We really don't know how much she gets from the show, and who knows for Hunter?  Twit is most likely in a comfortable place, and I really hope Glen and Babs are because they have some expensive years coming. The medical issues may be why Glen is reluctant to retire. 

I think the Twit is reluctant to encourage Hunter's move to Atlanta because she is afraid she will end up the caregiver for both her dad and mom at some point. She can barely take care of herself and at her weight, nothing good is coming her way.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

The thing is we really don't know how much he supported the Twit and Hunter over the years. We really don't know how much she gets from the show, and who knows for Hunter?  Twit is most likely in a comfortable place, and I really hope Glen and Babs are because they have some expensive years coming. The medical issues may be why Glen is reluctant to retire. 

Glen strikes me as one of those people that's perpetually worried about money no matter what their true financial situation is.  He's always going over the "what ifs" and is so invested in himself as the provider for his family that he can't imagine not being in that role and having to rely on savings in order to survive even if he has plenty of savings for retirement.  He would see that as shirking his family responsibilities.  The kids seem to want him to retire so I doubt he is still supporting them financially.  The problem he has with retiring is in his head, not because of who he is supporting and how much money he has.

• Love 2

Shouldn’t we be seeing daily phone calls to Frenchie Le Blur about the status of his great love’s mother? Whitney’s giving updates about Babs to Ashley and Heather at nachos night, Jessica during the “workout”, and Buddy during his visit, but she’s not phoning Le Blur? I would think we’d see her calling him for support 🙄

• Wink 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Shouldn’t we be seeing daily phone calls to Frenchie Le Blur about the status of his great love’s mother? Whitney’s giving updates about Babs to Ashley and Heather at nachos night, Jessica during the “workout”, and Buddy during his visit, but she’s not phoning Le Blur? I would think we’d see her calling him for support 🙄

If he's in love with HER,  wouldn't HE be calling HER to comfort her? Wouldn't he fly to Gboro to be at her side? 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I refuse to believe that Glen has to keep working to "support the family".  Knowing him for this many years he is simply not the type of person to not have saved enough money for retirement.  Plus his kids are mostly self sufficient I am sure.  People always act like Whitney doesn't have a job.  She does, it's the SHOW.  He is making excuses to act like he still needs to work, but I'm not buying it.  He is on record from long ago as saying he never wanted to retire.  He is just one of those people that HAS to work.  I know, I'm married to one of them.  He is 66 but is still working part time.  He would have continued working full time if not for the pandemic affecting his source of income.  It has taken him 2 years to come to terms with that but in retrospect is happy it happened.  Glen just needs that push to get him to cut back or stop working altogether.  His wife's situation should be that push.  I hope it serves as the 2x4 across his head.

You just never know, though. I agree that Glenn seems pretty conservative financially. I'm sure that he had every intention of saving well for retirement and perhaps he did. If so, good for him. I don't have any idea what his salary is but while he lives in a lower cost of living area, the salaries are also lower there. Their home is nice - probably on the higher end for that area. Whit went to college; not sure about Hunter, but someone had to pay for that. Whit has the show now but it doesn't seem that she had much in the way of paid employment before that and I don't know what her prospects are for afterward. And both Whit and Hunter seem like they could have needed not-insignificant support in the past. Finally, I don't think Babe ever worked outside the home. Nothing wrong with that - my mom was a stay-at-home mom too. But Glenn was the sole provider and it can be hard to save much under those circumstances. 

Finances aside, if Glenn likes to work and that's what fulfills him, I don't see the big push for him to stop - if he and Baby are in agreement that this works for them. It's entirely possible that they both like their dynamic, with him gone most of the day. Even with her increasing healthcare needs, Babs may not want Glenn to be her primary caretaker. She may prefer a professional. Everyone is different. My husband just retired and I'm not far behind him - he's working toward a second career and I have no plans to do much besides volunteering and having fun. There's nothing wrong with either approach. And if I became ill, I wouldn't want him to stop working because he enjoys it and it keeps his mind active.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

What really amazes me is how incredibly bossy Twit is. Telling her father he HAS to retire so he can stay home and take care of Babs. She has no idea of how hard it is to care for a stroke victim. He is older and probably doesn't have the physical strength to move Babs, or pick her up if she happened to fall. That's what a home health nurse or aide is for. I can't see Twit doing it, that's for sure. Insurance will help pay for these things. And what is up with her "swiping" Heather's phone when clearly Heather did NOT want her to do it? She knows no boundaries when it comes to other peoples wants or feelings. It was nice of Buddy to come by-but not nice how Twit tried to insinuate herself into his wedding. Did she even get an invite?  And I agree about Hunter-he really looks like he could use a break. Glad to see Babs is improving-but it can take a really long time to come back from a stroke, much less 2 of them. And sometimes certain areas of the brain/body never do fully come back.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ellenr33 said:

I hate the way she treats her fake friends. Heather was clearly uncomfortable with her swiping for her so she should have just stopped! 

Ashley standing there with a deer in the headlights look on her face. She wasn't laughing or joining in on the swiping "fun". Something is off with their friendship this season. I mean she was like 5 mos pregnant and Whit didn't even know? Strange. These "friends" are not seeing each other outside of filming. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Ashley standing there with a deer in the headlights look on her face. She wasn't laughing or joining in on the swiping "fun". Something is off with their friendship this season. I mean she was like 5 mos pregnant and Whit didn't even know? Strange. These "friends" are not seeing each other outside of filming. 

What's off with their friendship is they  are not.Just TLC employees.With mutual hate.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

People always act like Whitney doesn't have a job.  She does, it's the SHOW. 

Definitely. We're used to thinking of work as a 9 to 5 job, but that's no longer the case. Whitney may not be in the league of the Teen Mom person whose compensation was posted recently, but at 10 years in with this show I suspect she's doing well. In addition, she has No BS Active and the affiliate marketing she does on SM. There are over 700 subscribers in the No BS Active FB group; she has more than a million Instagram followers. Say half of the subscribers remain constant and 1% of half of the followers buy something through her affiliate links. It's $19.99 a month for No BS active and approximately 10% commission on affiliate sales. We've seen nothing on the show to say she spends a lot. So even with a partner in one venture, I don't believe she has to depend on Glen for handouts.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Definitely. We're used to thinking of work as a 9 to 5 job, but that's no longer the case. Whitney may not be in the league of the Teen Mom person whose compensation was posted recently, but at 10 years in with this show I suspect she's doing well. In addition, she has No BS Active and the affiliate marketing she does on SM. There are over 700 subscribers in the No BS Active FB group; she has more than a million Instagram followers. Say half of the subscribers remain constant and 1% of half of the followers buy something through her affiliate links. It's $19.99 a month for No BS active and approximately 10% commission on affiliate sales. We've seen nothing on the show to say she spends a lot. So even with a partner in one venture, I don't believe she has to depend on Glen for handouts.

Eh - I don't know. I suppose some of her instagram stuff can be monetized and I don't really have a sense of how well TLC pays. But Whitney does have a mortgage, unless she somehow purchased her home outright and she recently had a bunch of work done on it. She's had tenants but it's not clear that she charged or they paid rent (Buddy was sort of notorious for not paying). She has a relatively new car so she might have a car payment. She orders a fair amount of takeout. She travels, though the show may pay some of that.

More importantly, though, is that unless she is saving aggressively, she isn't really positioned for a solid career when the show inevitably ends. I'm not sure what she is necessarily qualified to do and she will need to earn a decent income to keep up her lifestyle. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/17/2022 at 4:25 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Glen is on Medicare, then a supplement (not an advantage plan) policy would pay deductibles, and whatever Medicare doesn't pay.     To get everything paid, Medicare is the primary payer, and then the remainder is claimed through your other health insurance as the second payer.     It may be that once he retires, he keeps the company medical insurance, but pays the premiums just as when he was working.   Other work based plans stop once you leave the company,    The smart think to do then is get a supplemental policy.     I think Glen is doing the smart thing by keeping working, at least for now. 

I hate that they're turning Babs condition into a storyline.     

I think that Glen may be terrified about how he will pay for long-term care for Babs, in assisted living or some other arrangement.  Their children, neither of them, could realistically move in and manage the day-to-day health care needs of a lady who has already had two strokes over the long term, as her condition inevitably worsens and she needs more sophisticated help.  My father continued to work long past retirement because my mother had Alzheimer's.  A financial planner was able to set his mind at ease, and only then, at 82, did he retire.  I suspect Glen is worried about Babs' long-term care more than he is about being at home with her once she's out of the hospital.  I think he can rely on Whitney and Hunter to help out there.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

She's had tenants but it's not clear that she charged or they paid rent (Buddy was sort of notorious for not paying).

I often wonder if they were just caretakers of sorts for her, or stayed for free because they were labeled "assistants". I would not be surprised if Lenny is now upstairs living with her

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Eh - I don't know. I suppose some of her instagram stuff can be monetized and I don't really have a sense of how well TLC pays. But Whitney does have a mortgage, unless she somehow purchased her home outright and she recently had a bunch of work done on it. She's had tenants but it's not clear that she charged or they paid rent (Buddy was sort of notorious for not paying). She has a relatively new car so she might have a car payment. She orders a fair amount of takeout. She travels, though the show may pay some of that.

More importantly, though, is that unless she is saving aggressively, she isn't really positioned for a solid career when the show inevitably ends. I'm not sure what she is necessarily qualified to do and she will need to earn a decent income to keep up her lifestyle. 

I don't see Whitney as someone that wouldn't figure out how to make money off her fame and be taking steps to save and grow it.  According to this website  and a few others, she makes between $5-10,000 per episode and is worth at least $4.0 million.  So I don't think she's going to have to worry that much about what she will do after the show is over.  I think she will find other ways to make money.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I think that Glen may be terrified about how he will pay for long-term care for Babs, in assisted living or some other arrangement.  Their children, neither of them, could realistically move in and manage the day-to-day health care needs of a lady who has already had two strokes over the long term, as her condition inevitably worsens and she needs more sophisticated help.  My father continued to work long past retirement because my mother had Alzheimer's.  A financial planner was able to set his mind at ease, and only then, at 82, did he retire.  I suspect Glen is worried about Babs' long-term care more than he is about being at home with her once she's out of the hospital.  I think he can rely on Whitney and Hunter to help out there.

Not so sure about that. I think Hunter is a more likely helper. The Twit is only about the Twit and having to put Babs first is not something I see her doing over a long term. I think they would be much better off getting a homecare/nursing care person to help and just pay the costs. Now, Twit and Hunter could help with that cost if Glen can't pay the full bill.

• Love 3

While I don't think Whitney wants to be her mom's caretaker, which is understandable, I don't think we've actually seen anything on the show that says Whitney needs a caretaker herself. People have speculated that she has cleanliness problems, but we've never heard her or anyone say she isn't able to bath or clean herself. I have a friend who was bigger, older and had more medical problems than Whitney and was able to take care of personal needs just fine. Whitney's size is limiting, but we don't know it's disabling.

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

When I said we've seen nothing on the show to say Whitney spends a lot I meant on other than necessities. It's not like we see her blowing her discretionary income on a luxury car or custom clothes. Whitney does a fair amount of promoting on SM and No BS Active seems to be doing well. I think those two income streams could be financing most of the things you mentioned, with some of the TLC money covering anything left over. All of those streams will dry up when the show is done. I think Whitney knows that and is planning for it. One thing we never see on camera is any acknowledgement that the cast is paid. It follows that we also usually don't see them planning for life after the show.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She might be calling FRENCHIE LE BLUR (LOVE IT!) and he may not be picking up! OR....  He got a new phone number!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, bichonblitz said:

Hardly any talk about Frenchman. Hmmmm, are they slowly going to slowly take him out of the picture and put Whit and Lenny back together? 

Haha yes - but I don't think Lennie realizes this yet! 😄

13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That's how it is at the beginning of every season - at least for the last several that I remember!

7 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

While I don't think Whitney wants to be her mom's caretaker, which is understandable, I don't think we've actually seen anything on the show that says Whitney needs a caretaker herself. People have speculated that she has cleanliness problems, but we've never heard her or anyone say she isn't able to bath or clean herself. I

We've seen Babs shave her legs and Todd apply cream to her nether regions that she couldn't reach 😖

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, princelina said:

We've seen Babs shave her legs and Todd apply cream to her nether regions that she couldn't reach 😖

I'm thinking both of those incidents were for show. Whitney can reach; she gets in the positions necessary to accomplish those things in her exercise videos. Even if she couldn't, neither action is necessary for health or cleanliness.

We've been conditioned by shows like My 600 Pound Life to think that obese=dependent and that's just not universally true.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I'm thinking both of those incidents were for show. Whitney can reach;

Well I know if I had a show, especially one where I wanted to profess Fat Fitness, I wouldn't come up with script ideas like Mom Shaves My Legs, or Friend Gags Applying My Chub-Rub Cream 😂

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Todd had to fasten her shoes for the ballroom dance competition and she said as much. Of course, it may have been scripted but it was in the early days when the show was more organic.

True. I just did a post in the Whitney topic that includes that.

6 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I'm thinking both of those incidents were for show. Whitney can reach; she gets in the positions necessary to accomplish those things in her exercise videos. Even if she couldn't, neither action is necessary for health or cleanliness.

We've been conditioned by shows like My 600 Pound Life to think that obese=dependent and that's just not universally true.

Since my ramblings are mostly about Whitney herself, I will post there :)

• Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 12:52 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree that Glenn probably isn’t working solely due to finances. There are some people who just can’t accept retirement.  My dad did it twice and was never happy. He’s never been content not to have at least a part time job.  I wish he had continued to work, because he’s so restless.  My dad is 85 and still eager for work!  Hobbies don’t cut it.   My mom retired late from teaching and she also regretted it in retrospect.  She often laments on her days teaching. It brought her so much fulfillment.  I wish they’d have worked as long as they could have done the job.  Imo, they have not enjoyed retirement at all.  It’s sad.  Of course, they are not able to work now, in their 80’s.  I suspect Glenn is like them in his desire to keep working.

I would have a huge issues with Glennn commuting from Greensboro to Raleigh eveyday…..omg….that’s quite a commute for anyone.  It’s not just the distance, but the intense traffic, high speeds, risky road, etc.  

I really wish that Whit and Hunter would consult with professionals about caretaking a person with mobility and other issues inside the home,  There’s much more to it than they seem to understand.  Glenn being a 24/7 caregiver is not feasible. That’s not fair to Glenn or Babs.  It’s a huge job, even for a young person.   It’s like hiring a professional to work for you 24/7.  It’s unrealistic.  You need shifts of people, depending on the level of care she’ll need.  Also, do they have doors that accommodate a wheelchair, grab bars in bathroom, ramp, etc. This is why it might be more feasible to go to Assisted Living.  Family members often underestimate the amount of work caring for someone in the home.  I can see why Glenn would rather keep working in his job.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

@SunnyBeBe thank you.  I really get frustrated with people here saying that Glen should just retire and become Babs's caregiver.  Caring for an elderly person who may have serious mobility issues in the home is very complicated.  There are a lot of questions to be answered including the overall accessibility of the house, how much mobility Babs has (can she transfer, go to the bathroom on her onw, etc.), as well as what Babs herself wants.  As for Glen retiring, i am not sure what his hesitancy is, but it is ultimately his decision in consultation with Babs.  It is none of Whitney's business and she needs to stop with the attitude that his work is unimportant.  

As far as finances, none of this is free.  Most workplaces won't cover a good Medicare supplemental policy and those are pretty expensive.  Then you have to get a prescription plan as well.  And don't consider Advantage because while it looks cheaper on the surface, you can easily get nailed on in network vs. out of network issues.  I have a few years before Medicare and I already know I will avoid Advantage like the plague.  So, Glen may be concerned and want Babs to have the best care which means he keeps working.  Even if Whitney is making a lot of money from the show, it seems to me that she spends it as quickly as she gets it.  After every season, she is either doing some unnecessary stuff on the house, getting cosmetic procedures, or traveling.  For example, she went back to Europe after her supposed engagement to Chase and blew lots of money on expensive hotels.  

Finally, I was struck by Hunter's statement that he has to stay strong because Whitney, the supposed strength of the family, is always needing attention.  He keeps his feelings to himself because he doesn't want to add to his parents' burdens with Whitney.  That is very sad.  He needs to be able to move on and have a real adult life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
On 8/21/2022 at 10:16 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I would have a huge issues with Glennn commuting from Greensboro to Raleigh eveyday…..omg….that’s quite a commute for anyone.  It’s not just the distance, but the intense traffic, high speeds, risky road, et

I had no idea Raleigh and Greensboro were that far apart.  In my head they were only about 30 minutes apart. How far was Quitney traveling when she was driving back and forth to Charlotte for the radio show?

51 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I had no idea Raleigh and Greensboro were that far apart.  In my head they were only about 30 minutes apart. How far was Quitney traveling when she was driving back and forth to Charlotte for the radio show?

I didn't realize they were that far apart either.  I wonder if there is any way Glen could work from home part time?

Greensboro to Raleigh is about 1.5 hour drive, depending on parts of the city you are going, however, with traffic it can be a gridlock situation.  I prefer the gridlock over 100 miles per hour speeding, though.  My dear friend is commuting weekly to care for her parents who live in Greensboro.  She leaves only at certain times and days due to traffic.  Glenn must be a very confident senior to make that commute daily.  Maybe, he’s doing a ride share.  …….

I’ve never driven from Greensboro to Charlotte, but I’ve read it’s about 1 hr. 45 minutes, so that’s a substantial commute.  I think that Whit was driving there for work at the radio station, but not every day. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2