Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Saul Gone

• Start Topic

Just now, sistermagpie said:

I know in the real world there's plenty of examples of the police having all the information and still doing nothing (see: the NYC subway shooter who turned himself in and still didn't get picked up iirc), but by TV rules where the police are efficient and dedicated, I don't have a problem with Saul not having that much time.

Agreed...however IMHO if the writers needed a quick arrest to get to the meat of this final show, he could have been arrested driving the next day or hours later. Maybe a defective tail lamp gets him pulled over out of town like Timothy McViegh? 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

Agreed...however IMHO if the writers needed a quick arrest to get to the meat of this final show, he could have been arrested driving the next day or hours later. Maybe a defective tail lamp gets him pulled over out of town like Timothy McViegh? 

TBF, doing it this way really messes with expectations, having him get nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Maybe I set myself up for disappointment because it's not doing that much for me so far, I guess I need to just view it as a regular show not with the expectations for a finale.

Same. So far, this is bordering on boring. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

The idea that the DOJ would give Saul a sweetheart deal due the possibility of one juror causing one mistrial is offensively stupid. They would just try him due to the evidence they have and due political pressure. People would be outraged.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Broderbits said:

Nope, he remembered Chuck's advice: when you don't like the path you're on, change it. Confession and atonement.

I know, but when he first started yapping, I thought that was what he was doing. 

After all is said and done, I don't care if he confessed and atoned for his crimes.  He's still a turd. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Yay more Chuck, I really missed him when he left the show.

So far it seems like Jimmy is going to go out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Not that it matters in the long run, but I thought I was watching this in real time (ET) but I seem to be about half an hour behind some of the comments. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Not that it matters in the long run, but I thought I was watching this in real time (ET) but I seem to be about half an hour behind some of the comments. 

Those of us with AMC+ can watch it without commercials, so we might be a little bit ahead of you. It's all good, man!

• Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Penman61 said:

I’m not clear how this was “Jimmy sacrificed to save Kim.”

Isn’t this more “Jimmy didn’t do the selfish shitty thing for once”?

But I think he did that because he wanted Kim to see he was still Jimmy, someone she could care about--that she was right.

• Like 1
  • Love 19

Well, I didn’t like anything about the finale. And no ending song!  Outrageous!  I don’t normally whine about a finale, except Dexter - - both  times, but I feel it was terrible and stupid.  I guess that’s all I have to say.  I think any fan could have written a better finale.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I found it an elegant and satisfying finale, even if some story points pushed the limits of credulity. I see what Seehorn meant when she said it was respectful to fans. There was even a bit of fan service, with Kim and Jimmy's callback to their parking-garage smoking in the first episode.

I have a long history of disappointment with series finales, even some that were generally well received (CheersMad Men), but I liked this one.

I'm relieved the Anna Gunn listing on the IMDb page was incorrect. I didn't care to see Skyler again, and Marie was a better story choice anyway.

• Like 3
  • Love 14
Just now, sistermagpie said:

But I think he did that because he wanted Kim to see he was still Jimmy, someone she could care about--that she was right.

I think you are right. But that ending, to this story, is really unsatisfying.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I feel like the Saul of BB got the perfect ending for him, slipping away to Omaha.

But the Saul of BCS needed this ending. Amazing how both of them work so well. 

ETA: Saul was the only person who got an ending with a human connection.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 1
  • Love 21

Well, I'm glad that's over.  Went out with a sllooooowwww whimper.

I'm glad not to read anymore theories.  No more speculation!

I won't be watching the spinoffs with Odenkirk or Esposito, or any other spinoffs.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought it was a fitting ending for Saul - well, Jimmy. He faced the music and he’s atoning for his sins. 

I thought Marie looked really good and it was nice for her to see someone actually pay for their role in Hank’s murder. 

The one thing not sitting right with me is Jimmy admitting his part in Howard’s murder so Kim was cleared. She was every part of that scam and even pushed to keep going. She even said, “I save me”, but I guess that isn’t the case after all. 

Edited by Sharper2002
  • Like 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, I'm glad that's over.  Went out with a sllooooowwww whimper.

I'm glad not to read anymore theories.  No more speculation!

I won't be watching the spinoffs with Odenkirk or Esposito, or any other spinoffs.  

I had a feeling they were going to do a spinoff with Kim but I am glad they didn't.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

I thought it was a fitting ending for Saul - we, Jimmy. He faced the music and he’s atoning for his sins. 

I thought Marie looked really good and it was nice for her to see someone actually pay for their role in Hank’s murder. 

The one thing not sitting right with me is Jimmy admitting his part in Howard’s murder so Kim was cleared. She was every part of that scam and even pushed to keep going. She even said, “I save me”, but I guess that isn’t the case after all. 

But she wasn't cleared. Her confession still stands, and that was exactly what happened. Jimmy pretended he was going to tie her more directly to the murder, it seemed, but only so that she'd show up.

• Love 11

Kim is practicing law again?

Another impossibility that's offensively stupid. Either her statement she gave in Waterworks to the DA's office is true or not. If true, she won't be allowed to practice law again. If it's not true, she committed perjury and won't be permitted to practice law again.

As is the idea she can't resign from the New Mexico bar. Just 3 episodes ago she told a judge she can't argue a motion because she was no longer a lawyer. The judge didn't say, joke's on you, once a lawyer, always a lawyer! Moreover we've been told Kim is a good attorney for 6 seasons. Now she's an ignorant moron for plot reasons.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Sharper2002 said:

The one thing not sitting right with me is Jimmy admitting his part in Howard’s murder so Kim was cleared.

I don't think Jimmy admitting his part absolves Kim; Howard's wife has her signed confession which she is free to publish, and Kim can lose any assets in a civil suit.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I had a feeling they were going to do a spinoff with Kim but I am glad they didn't.

I'm glad, too. 

I like Giancarlo Esposito, but I don't want to see him connected to Vince Gilligan anymore.  

1 minute ago, MrWhyt said:

there's no spinoffs with Odenkirk or Esposito

They might not be spinoff of BB or BCS, but I don't want to see anymore of Vince Gilligan's work.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2