Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E15: Eviction #5

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The people who are assholes on this show will suffer enough on social media that I don't have some expectation of Julie Chen to be this hard-hitting reporter.  I'm fine with her being neutral and robotic so when she actually does mention real shit I'm always a little shocked and pleasantly surprised.  I don't know.  Daniel will surely suffer in the court of public opinion.

True but it sends the message that the show condones such behavior and Julie as the host is their face/spokesperson and should take the opportunity to address it. It doesn’t have to be the preaching kind that Survivor does, it just needs to be aired and not brushed under the carpet. JMO

Edited by dizzyd
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

True but it sends the message that the show condones such behavior and Julie as the host is their face/spokesperson and should take the opportunity to address it. It doesn’t have to be the preaching kind that Survivor does, it just needs to be aired and not brushed under the carpet. JMO

I understand this viewpoint for sure.

Daniel saying he was no threat when behind everyone's backs he was criticizing every one of them.  He would have turned on who ever he wanted to vent his spleen most over.  Probably Michael if Michael has fallen for his con.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the episode was the shot of all the houseguests in the door frame waving by to Daniel after he left.   It was definitely a "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya" shot.   

• LOL 4

The people who are assholes on this show will suffer enough on social media that I don't have some expectation of Julie Chen to be this hard-hitting reporter.  I'm fine with her being neutral and robotic so when she actually does mention real shit I'm always a little shocked and pleasantly surprised.  I don't know.  Daniel will surely suffer in the court of public opinion.

He won't, though. They almost never do, we aren't talking about introspective people. They issue some half-assed defense and write off any naysayers as "haters." Hell it wouldn't surprise me to see him show up on some other reality show as one of the "villains." That's why I think Julie should do a better job of confronting them about their behavior and what the response has been from the audience. It is literally the only time they ever have to face the music, yet she constantly lets them skate. I find it infuriating.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

It's remarkable his delusion about himself and how he played.  usually, (though admittedly not always as with Rachel and Josh) highly emotional people given to outbursts don't last long. the others get tired of the drama and vote him or her out as they did now.  yet he still feels superior to the players still in the game. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

It's remarkable his delusion about himself and how he played.  usually, (though admittedly not always as with Rachel and Josh) highly emotional people given to outbursts don't last long. the others get tired of the drama and vote him or her out as they did now.  yet he still feels superior to the players still in the game. 

Of course he feels superior.  They don’t know how to play the game and he does.  He said so many times!🤪

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Of course he feels superior.  They don’t know how to play the game and he does.  He said so many times!🤪

Sorry - but since this forum hasn’t seen fit to give us an eyeroll emoji, I gotta do this at least once…

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😮🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🧐🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😶🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤮🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

What with all the goof ball sound effects this season, especially in the DR.   Did some intern pickup Wacky Soundz for Win95 in the bargain bin at Office Depot while shopping for back to school supplies?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, North of Eden said:

Taylor...beautiful face, glowing skin, sculpted arms and killer physique...yep the total package.

She's best watch out as she continues to eat... the total package of chips in the store room.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:04 PM, Callaphera said:

using that old "but you don't see everything!" excuse like we haven't been hearing that one since the beginning of time.

Act like a complete ass, cry 'editing', and let slip the dogs of war?

• Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 9:45 PM, Lamb18 said:

Good! Julie is asking Daniel about using the Power of Veto [last week]. And he takes no responsibility - figures!

It occurs to me, that not only was Daniel responsible for Nicole's eviction (by using the Veto rather than locking Indy/Alyssa on the block), but in doing so, he likely paved the way for his own boot this week.

Because it might be that the specific purpose of the Leftovers was to send the "Road Rats" (Daniel and Nicole) home, before Jury.  (Since, having seen their bullying of Taylor in Week 3, the other Leftovers were worried about how D/N might behave in the Jury House.) If Daniel had not used the Veto, there would have been no way to send both him and Nicole out this week, and so we could have been in "scrap that plan!" territory and that particular reason for putting Elvis in the Long Black Limousine would no longer have been on the table.  No matter how All Shook Up the bullying might have made them.

(Yes, I'm going to do these puns whenever possible.  Y'all still Love Me Tender, though, right?)

On 8/11/2022 at 10:30 PM, North of Eden said:

Daniel may not be a good person but I will give him respect for not doing the fake hugs. It's just so ridiculous to be hugging on people that just had a hand in ending your shot at $750000. I'm glad he took a Cody-esque approach.

Yeah, but…Daniel came into the House knowing that the odds of any given player winning were 15-1 against.  He's disappointed that he lost the money, but he's lived with these people for over a month, and presumably wants to stay friends with at least some of them.  (And given how HGs tend to mend fences, down the line, quite likely will.) He could have shown a bit more class, IMO.

I love Cody and his exit, but he had been the victim of extreme bullying and personal attacks, on Jessica, on his service record, and on his daughter.  That's a bit of a far cry from simply choosing not to back-door Monte . JMO.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:10 AM, mertensia said:

Taylor was so ridiculously happy she got to cast a vote.

Taylor actually has voted before (she got to vote Ameerah out, two weeks ago), but there's no doubt that evicting Daniel brought a special joy to her evening.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:50 AM, 30 Helens said:

I knew this would be an unsatisfying eviction because nobody ever owns up to their bad deeds. They smile, pretend it’s all fine, take no responsibility, then they leave and punch a wall or something. It would be nice to see someone have a real human reaction, maybe even show a little remorse, but they’re too conditioned to be fake for that to happen.

Or Daniel could just be a sociopath.  I don't want to rush to rule that out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5