Type keyword(s) to search

What Concerts Have You Seen?

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

He's not dead! He just retired from touring due to his Parkinson's diagnosis. 

I really hope I can land Elton John tickets. I always wanted to see him in a head-to-head tour with Billy Joel but it wasn't meant to be.

Sorry, my bad.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:13 AM, theredhead77 said:

I am so bummed - the Elton John concert was sold out before it went on sale to the general public. I'll have to keep an eye on the resale sites as it gets closer and maybe I'll get lucky.

Oh no, that's too bad. I hope you can find something.  It's probably really popular since he says this is his last tour for a while, right?

I'm not sure how much you want to invest in a ticket, but, I have used ticker brokers before and got great seats.  It is pricey, but, you can get great seats. To me, it was worth it to get in the first 3 rows.   I'd make sure the broker is reputable, though. 

Well, all I can say about the Robert Plant CARRY FIRE concert is that it was AWESOME!  What a night. It was this past Friday night and it was more than what I expected. I loved it.  I would have enjoyed more Zeppelin, but, I get why he didn't do more. Security was VERY intense.  I'm not sure if something happened or what, but, it was like I have never seen security before. But, that's ok, too.  I like to feel safe. I thought Robert was a little stoic, because, he's normally rather jovial.  Anyway.....I had perfect seats.  FRONT ROW CENTER. I mean.......thank the Lord.  I was blessed.  Some great friends around me!  Security told us point blank NO photos taken from front row, so, I had to step back to take any.  Thankfully, friends standing behind me, took some good ones for me.  

In second photo there are 2 heads.  I'm one on the let. My friend on the right. Third photo, that's my head too.  lol

And, I got the set list from the floor where Robert was standing.  It's in the photo too. 

IMG_1921[1].jpg

IMG_1926[1].jpg

IMG_1935[1].jpg

IMG_2025[1].jpg

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I can list every show I've been to, but I'll list some.

First show: Portraits of Past (an obscure 90s emo/hardcore band which reunited briefly in 2008. I don't listen to them anymore though.)

Most recent show: Exhorder (just over a week ago, and one of the best shows I've ever been to)

Favorite band/musician I've seen live: Down

Least favorite band/musician I've seen live: Gogol Bordello, the only show I've left early because it was so lame (sorry if you like them, it just wasn't my thing and there were too many kids on drugs in the audience)

Band/musician which I've seen most frequently: Slipknot and Lamb of God (seen both 2x)

Most popular band/musician I've seen live: Either Alice in Chains (with their newer lineup) or Slayer (I'm not really a fan of them though, my husband likes them)

Band/musician which I most regret not seeing: Soundgarden, I missed seeing them in 2014 because the tickets were really expensive, I waited for three years for them to come back to my area, and then...Chris Cornell died. I haven't really listened to them much since his death either because it is too sad.

Band/musician which only existed before I was old enough to see them, that I most wish I could see: Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains with Layne Staley, Pantera, Nirvana, and Strapping Young Lad.

Band/musician which I most want to see in the future: Tripping Daisy (they reunited last year but didn't come to my area), Nine Inch Nails (who were also touring with Soundgarden in 2014 BTW), and David Byrne (I wanted to go to his latest tour but my area sold out really early!) I'm also debating whether to see Taylor Swift but I think the tickets will be super expensive, and I've also never seen a pop star live and I wonder if it might be kind of the same thing just to watch a video of it.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 2

I did not score Elton John tickets for September, but there's still plenty of time for more tickets to be released, or people to panic and sell their tickets for somewhat cheaper than they're trying to get now.  

However, I did score tickets to see Robert Plant in June - yay!!  And...Mavis Staples at the Kennedy Center in May - I'm totally psyched about that!!!!

Got me to thinking that a Plant-Staples show would be fabulous.

• Love 2
On 3/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, ebk57 said:

I did not score Elton John tickets for September, but there's still plenty of time for more tickets to be released, or people to panic and sell their tickets for somewhat cheaper than they're trying to get now.  

However, I did score tickets to see Robert Plant in June - yay!!  And...Mavis Staples at the Kennedy Center in May - I'm totally psyched about that!!!!

Got me to thinking that a Plant-Staples show would be fabulous.

OMG! I'm so happy for you!  I've considered getting tickets and attending the Carry Fire show AGAIN, but, he's not coming back to NC, so, the nearest other place is VA....anyway, it would involve some work, but, I still might do it.  I'm going to check with a ticket broker and see how much it would cost.  A LOT, I'm sure. Still, it's worth it.  Every time, I wonder if it will be the last time he tours. 

I listened to Carry Fire cd before the show and it helped me appreciate it more.  It's a good album, imo.  

• Love 1

Tonight, I went to a new venue downtown, The Anthem.  The place is gorgeous and the parking situation isn't even too terrible.  I may go back.

Opening act was Cris Jacobs, a local guy from up the street in Baltimore.  Really good.  Some people around me said he plays a lot of local venues here, so I'll be on the lookout.  Then, there was Sturgill Simpson.  I love Sturgill.  First time I've seen him live and he's unbelievable.  Then, Willie Nelson.  What can you say about Willie that hasn't already been said.

The whole evening was spectacular!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

EBK57, did you see Robert Plant in June?  One of his big fans, that I met at the Raleigh show, saw him in VA.  

I did!  What a fantastic show.  The fiddle player from his band, Seth Lakeman, opened the show.  He's wonderful.  Then we had Sheryl Crow do a set.  She's...Sheryl.  Then Robert and the band.  Oh my.  A good mix of Zep and new songs.  Robert in find 'Plantation" form.  He's a funny guy.  And did I mention the Sensational Space Shifters are phenomenal?  Because they are.  Mr ebk kept saying that while driving home - "that band is phenomenal!"   A fine time was had by all!

Friday night, I'm going to see Foo Fighters!  Looking forward to it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I did!  What a fantastic show.  The fiddle player from his band, Seth Lakeman, opened the show.  He's wonderful.  Then we had Sheryl Crow do a set.  She's...Sheryl.  Then Robert and the band.  Oh my.  A good mix of Zep and new songs.  Robert in find 'Plantation" form.  He's a funny guy.  And did I mention the Sensational Space Shifters are phenomenal?  Because they are.  Mr ebk kept saying that while driving home - "that band is phenomenal!"   A fine time was had by all!

Friday night, I'm going to see Foo Fighters!  Looking forward to it. 

What venue did you see Robert?  Seth Lakeman opened for him in Raleigh too.  VERY awesome. That guy looks a lot younger than he is.  So personable.  I enjoyed him a lot.  We didn't get to see Sheryl Crow though. That's a nice plus.  I like her.  And I love the Sensational Space Shifters too!  Incredible musicians, every one. 

I'll look forward to seeing a review on the Foo Fighters. 

17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What venue did you see Robert?  Seth Lakeman opened for him in Raleigh too.  VERY awesome. That guy looks a lot younger than he is.  So personable.  I enjoyed him a lot.  We didn't get to see Sheryl Crow though. That's a nice plus.  I like her.  And I love the Sensational Space Shifters too!  Incredible musicians, every one. 

I'll look forward to seeing a review on the Foo Fighters. 

Merriweather Post Pavilion between DC and Baltimore.  I like Sheryl, too, but not as much as Mr ebk does! :-)  Foo Fighters also at Merriweather.  I'll post a review. 

Thanks for asking!

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Merriweather Post Pavilion between DC and Baltimore.  I like Sheryl, too, but not as much as Mr ebk does! :-)  Foo Fighters also at Merriweather.  I'll post a review. 

Thanks for asking!

Oh, I see.  That's a great area.  My friend from the Raleigh show, saw him again on June 10 in Richmond, VA.  I considered going too, but, it didn't work out.  Now....it'll be on his next tour, before I see him again, but, I'm excited, because he seems to love Raleigh and I'll think he'll come back.  

I've heard the Foo Fighters are awesome. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 7/4/2018 at 1:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I've heard the Foo Fighters are awesome. 

Foo Fighters ARE awesome!!  I'd never seen them before and they put on a great, energetic 2 1/2 hour extravaganza.  All the hits, and a few songs off the newest album.  I must say I was glad I bought the $5 earplugs or I would have been completely deaf by the end of the show since my seat was right in line with one of the speaker towers.  I'd definitely see them again, and there's a good chance I'll have the opportunity since Dave is from the area. 

Completely shallow observations - Dave's hair is looking much better.  Nice and curly.  And, his favorite word seems to be "motherfucker" :-)

A fine time was had by all!

• Love 2

ebk57, that's great to hear about the Foo Fighters. Two and a half hours! OMG.  That's awesome. I'm not that familiar with their music, but, know they are very well respected. I saw Dave on a documentary about an historic recording studio (Sound City) and he really impressed me in that.  Have you seen it? It features a lot of top name artists.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

ebk57, that's great to hear about the Foo Fighters. Two and a half hours! OMG.  That's awesome. I'm not that familiar with their music, but, know they are very well respected. I saw Dave on a documentary about an historic recording studio (Sound City) and he really impressed me in that.  Have you seen it? It features a lot of top name artists.

I dd see Sound City - really interesting.  Dave and the Foos also did a series on HBO a couple (or so) years ago called Sonic Highways.  They went to 8 (I think) cities and hung out with local musicians, then wrote a song that was supposed to give you a feeling for the local music scene.  It was fun.  

• Love 1
On 9/3/2017 at 2:56 PM, theredhead77 said:

This show was last weekend and it did not disappoint. It was, by far, the best Kenny Chesney show I've ever been to.  I don't have the words to describe the vibe, the performance, or anything. It was just so amazing. Gilette Stadium, on the other hand, is a hot mess to get into and out of.

I cannot wait to see him there in 2018!

On 1/31/2018 at 8:52 PM, theredhead77 said:

I'll be seeing Kenny Chesney at Mercedes Benz and maybe PHL and TN depending on friends. As much as I'd love to go back to Boston the issue of money and what a hot mess Gillette Stadium is making it a pass. But I can see him 3 times for less than 1 trip to Boston would cost.

Kenny at Mercedes Benz was awesome! The sound is great if you sit low and our tickets came with [surprise] lounge access. Parking and driving around the venue is a mess, traffic control needs much improvement.

I also made it to his show in Nashville and I'd rate that just under Boston for best performances. Nissan Stadium is very close to the fun area too, we were able to walk from our hotel and back, very safe.

• Love 1

I love Kenny Chesney.  He was here in May, but, I couldn't attend. He is definitely on my shows to attend list. His shows look so fun!

And, speaking of my shows to attend list, at the TOP IS SIR PAUL McCARTNEY and I AM GOING IN MAY 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is starting his Freshen UP TOUR in RALEIGH, NC......JUST LIKE ROBERT PLANT DID THIS YEAR. I'm not sure why they both chose Raleigh to start the tour, but, i just love it.  I've never seen him before and so this will be so memorable. 

They opened up tickets on pre-sale for AMEX customers yesterday, so we got ours early. Regular sales go on Friday.  I'm super glad, because I think it will be a sell out. 

https://www.thepncarena.com/events/detail/paul-mccartney

Here are some other tour dates:

https://www.jambase.com/article/paul-mccartney-announces-freshen-up-tour-dates-in-us

• Love 3
On 2/2/2018 at 10:13 AM, theredhead77 said:

I am so bummed - the Elton John concert was sold out before it went on sale to the general public. I'll have to keep an eye on the resale sites as it gets closer and maybe I'll get lucky.

I made it!!!!! Found a [relatively speaking] inexpensive ticket at $200 for the nosebleeds and it was worth every penny.

• Love 1

I feel personally offended that Barenaked Ladies are opening for Hootie and the Blowfish and not the other way around. Darius Rucker has been doing the country thing for a while, so obviously Hootie et. al.  have not been touring.  BNL has been a band forever, were just inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, have been consistently touring, and are opening for them.  What fresh hell is that?! Plus tickets are stupidly expensive.  I haven't skipped a BNL tour since 1999, but I'm sitting this one out.  Bummer.

A recent conversation with a friend reminded me of two memorable concerts we went to back in the eighties. 

The first was Bob Dylan in a small college gym. This was back before strict security and premium seats, so we had folding chairs about fifteen feet away from Dylan who was performing on the gym floor, right in front of us. It was incredible. Like having someone play in your high school. Because that's essentially what it was.

We also had a great time at a concert by the punk band Black Flag. One particular song was a little slow for straight up headbanging, so the lead singer, Henry Rollins, was doing deep, fast bends at the waist. Up and down, up and down. It was a punk concert, so people were stage diving. My friend got on the stage and apparently Henry thought he got a bit to close so in perfect rhythm, Rollins comes out of his crouch and pops my friend in the jaw with a jab that sends him flying into the crowd. Rollins never missed a beat. It was so quick we all looked at each other "Did that just happen?"

• Love 3
On 7/10/2018 at 10:17 PM, ebk57 said:

Foo Fighters ARE awesome!!  I'd never seen them before and they put on a great, energetic 2 1/2 hour extravaganza.  All the hits, and a few songs off the newest album.  I must say I was glad I bought the $5 earplugs or I would have been completely deaf by the end of the show since my seat was right in line with one of the speaker towers.  I'd definitely see them again, and there's a good chance I'll have the opportunity since Dave is from the area. 

Completely shallow observations - Dave's hair is looking much better.  Nice and curly.  And, his favorite word seems to be "motherfucker" 🙂

A fine time was had by all!

I have seen the Foos twice. Once in 2008 and once last summer. Even 10 years later they still put on a hell of a show. Dave is 50 and the amount of energy he has is crazy. The most recent show was part of a festival but they still did a full set that they were doing every other night of their tour. A couple of highlights were like a 10 minute Taylor Hawkins drum solo where the drum kit was raised probably 20-30 feet in the air on a platform. Taylor also sang a version of Under Pressure where he sang the Bowie and the Freddy Mercury parts differently. The festival was also called Bluesfest and the band talked about how they never played a Blues festival or even a blues song before and then proceeded to like improvise a blues song.

• Love 1

I've seen Steven Curtis Chapman twice - once in 1999 at the Akron Civic Theatre and once in 2005 at Cleveland State University's Convocation Center (now the Wolstein Center). The first time he toured with Geoff Moore. The second time two acts were on his bill that were relatively unknown at the time - Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns. I saw Hall & Oates with Todd Rundgren at the Tower City Amphitheatre in 2002. At what was then called Gund Arena (recently renamed as Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse - the STUPIDEST name I've ever heard, but that's another rant for another day), I saw Sarah Brightman on her La Luna Tour in 2000, Billy Joel and Elton John on their Face to Face Tour in 2003 and Relient K in 2011. I had a lot of fun at each show - no complaints - but as much as I love music, I am not a big concert-going person. If I'm going to an event, I'd rather go to baseball games.

April and May were pretty busy for me, concert-wise. After falling into the Blackpink hole since late last year, I finally got to see the girls live two nights straight when they were in NJ. Definitely the highlight of my year, not even a contest. So much fun and seeing them enjoying themselves was amazing. The vocals, the choreography, their charisma, the atmosphere inside the arena? Unreal. I want to see them again so I hope they don’t wait too long for the next comeback. 

I didn’t go to Coachella but watched both of their sets during both weekends and I was blown away. First Kpop girl group to play at Coachella and they killed it. 

I also saw Sara Bareilles before her new album came out in April and she played at this very small club which my friends and I were lucky to even get tickets. I cried when she came out and sang her first song, Orpheus, from the new album. Sara’s vocals just impress me every time and I always am just in awe whenever she opens her mouth to sing. Vocal queen indeed. 

Then I saw Maren Morris (my third concert in one week after seeing Blackpink two nights earlier) which was beyond amazing. I was so gutted the last time she played NY during the Hero tour because I became a fan of her a week after she already played here. I wasn’t about to miss her again and it was so worth the wait. So much sass and those vocals, wow. Hearing Once, 80s Mercedes, and My Church live is an experience anything else.

My next concert is not until October when I go to Boston for Sara Bareilles and then come back home to see her play out to a sold out Madison Square Garden. 😭

• Love 1

My girlfriend and I went to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley, last weekend. While the sound quality was sadly sub-par (something that I believe has been an issue at Wembley before), we had a great time.

The Pretenders were the supporting act, and ran through all their hits, including bringing out Ally Campbell for their cover of I Got You Babe.

And then Fleetwood Mac gave us most of their hits, along with an acoustic version of Don't Dream It's Over, performed by Neil Finn (together with Mike Campbell, they're the replacements for Lindsey Buckingham) and Stevie Nicks, and a cover of Free Fallin' in memory of Tom Petty.

I was honestly most impressed by Chrissie Hynde, who still has the voice today that she had thirty years ago (and took to the stage in shorts and thigh-high boots), and Mick Fleetwood, who is still a machine on the drums, at the age of seventy one.

• Love 4

My grandmom once saw a country music group called the Whites. The lady that was the lead married Ricky Skaggs, and he was also in the group that night, so it was the late 70s at least.(note my avatar: it's the the full figures opening of The Doctors, a soap opera.) Maybe they were with Emmylou Harris, because my grandmom saw her once. Maybe The Whites were the supporting act.

• Love 2

Well, there is certainly some good music out there.  I love Fleetwood Mac and seeing them at Wembley...OMG.  I can't imagine.  Sounds awesome!  (I've seen them once around the mid 2000's.)

I was able to see Sir Paul McCartney as I posted about upthread. It was more than I expected and touched me so much that I actually cried several times during the concert.  He was incredible and played for THREE hours!  Totally, the event of a lifetime for me.

Last week, I also saw a Beatle heir, Sean Lennon with the Claypool Lennon Delirium.  I saw them at the Red Hat Theater last week, but, this clip is older. (He's not quite a scruffy looking now. lol)  I  couldn't locate one from that show yet.  I took some good pictures, but, haven't sorted them yet.  

I was surprised at how much Sean sounds and moves like his dad.  It was a joy to see him perform. Claypool was awesome too.

The main act last week was The Flaming LIPS!!!!!! OMG.....I will say this had to be the most bizarre show I've ever attended. Lots of fun, if you get the chance. So, if you like balloons, contraptions, games, bouncing balls, extreme lighting, etc.  check them out. lol

I just found this thread and wow, you folks have seen some great stuff.  I'll list my concerts in another post, because there were so many I had to respond to:

On 8/19/2014 at 3:27 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

I'm also very jealous of anyone who saw Duran Duran in their prime.

My very first concert in 1984 was Duran Duran.😁

On 8/24/2014 at 5:01 PM, Bastet said:

Metallica with Alice in Chains - This was spectacular.

I am so jealous.  Never got to see Alice in Chains with Layne Staley.

On 8/29/2014 at 11:49 PM, suomi said:

Led Zeppelin

So jealous. 

On 9/6/2014 at 4:49 PM, Mini-Mart said:

Silverchair

Wish I would have seen them right after Frogstomp.

On 9/14/2014 at 6:44 AM, elizacat said:

Soundgarden x 10

Silverchair

Never got to see Soundgarden with Chris Cornell.  😕

On 10/1/2014 at 2:17 AM, BigDfromLA said:

Genesis, 1987, Invisible Touch tour at the L.A. Forum....GREAT show!!! Concert started at 11PM because Mike was flying back from his father's funeral in England. Didn't end until 2AM!!! Phil sings even better live that he does on record, and his drumming on the instrumental songs was amazing!!

Stone Temple Pilots are the best live band I have ever seen!!

My then-boyfriend, now husband, who HATES Genesis, waited in line to get me tickets for the Invisible Touch tour.  My best friend was supposed to go with me, she got sick, he had to go.  Yeah, he didn't have a great time. 😄

And I wish I had gotten to see STP with Scott Weiland.

On 10/30/2014 at 8:07 PM, Arabesque said:

9. Queensryche - Operation Mind Crime tour

Again, so damn jealous.  

On 4/16/2016 at 5:33 AM, Joe said:

I saw Black Sabbath again last night. Great stuff. I'd go again, if they weren't retiring. However, I think that Ozzy had a cold. There was a box of tissues on the drum riser, his voice wasn't all there, and Tony Iommi checked in with him after every song. I choose to believe it was a cold, it's better than any other issues we know he could have.

Funny, I saw Black Sabbath with Ozzy a number of years ago on my birthday and he had a cold.  He actually told us he wasn't drinking booze, it was tea for his throat.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

My concerts (that I remember)

Duran Duran - first concert, lost my voice, my mom let me stay home from school the next day

The Firm

Bryan Adams - well, some of Bryan Adams.  My brother was supposed to take his girlfriend, he stood her up, she and I went instead and made it for the last 3 songs.

AC/DC (twice)

George Thorogood & the Delaware Destroyers

Bob Seger (twice)

Fleetwood Mac (3 times - twice with the classic line up, once without Lindsey Buckingham, but not this most recent stint without him)

Ted Nugent

Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar, not my favorite)

Alice Cooper

A southern rock bill with Molly Hatchet, Foghat, Toy Caldwell from Marshall Tucker and The Outlaws - Danny Joe Brown from Molly Hatchet was drunk out of his mind and jumped onstage with The Outlaws; they had to remove him

Ozzy Osbourne (once himself and once at Ozzfest)

Black Sabbath (once just them and once at Ozzfest)

Page/Plant

Genesis

Seether (twice)

Metallica (three times -  once with Godsmack opening;  the sound for Godsmack was mixed really low, but when Metallica took the stage, it was perfect)

Godsmack (three times as the main act - twice with Shinedown opening)

Sully Erna solo

Seether (twice) - the venue was not great (same one) and the sound was terrible.

Saint Asonia

The Clarks - local band that I've seen about 8 times

Damn Yankees

Pat Benatar

Neil Young

Donnie Iris

Three Days Grace

Styx

Kansas

Skillet

Buckcherry

Delta Rae

Aaron Lewis of Staind solo and acoustic, before he went country - my favorite concert ever.  It was a very small intimate theatre, he had a cold and wasn't feeling great, but still put on the best show I've ever seen.  Saw him again right after he went country and it wasn't as good.

With the price of concerts today and my general irritation with the general public, there are very few bands I want to see in concert.  One that I would want to see would be Staind and I heard rumors they might be touring with Godsmack when such things are allowed again.  The other is Corey Taylor from Stone Sour/Slipknot.  His solo shows on youtube look awesome.

Concerts I wished I'd seen:  Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath with Dio, Soundgarden with Chris Cornell, Stone Temple Pilots with Scott Weiland, Alice in Chains with Layne Staley, Silverchair after their first album, AC/DC with Bon Scott, Tom Petty

Edited by madmax
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ooh, been meaning to respond to this thread. Let's see...

Well, I've gotten to see three of my favorite bands live. In order:

-Crowded House (with openers Liam Finn (Neil Finn's son) and Fountains of Wayne, who were also quite fun)

-Muse

-Coldplay

And then there were other artists I saw because my dad worked in radio and would get tickets to shows that came through the area, or I accompanied my mom. That list includes:

-Weird Al 

=Styx

-Teen idols tour with Mickey Dolenz, Peter Noone, and David Cassidy

-A triple artist concert that featured Head East, John Waite, and one of the singers of Bad Company 

-Kansas

-A country music festival-I can't remember the artists who were there, but I think they were mostly local/lesser-known ones.

I think that's it. There might be a couple others, but I can't remember the names. The Weird Al, Styx, and teen idol ones were all at county fairs. All good shows, too. 

As for concerts I wished I could've seen, I would've loved to see Tom Petty at some point, but, well... And it's a dream of mine to one day see U2. I really hope I can do that eventually. There's other artists I'd like to see as well, but they're younger, so hopefully that means there's still more time with them :p. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mostly local (national) musicians; that was even pre-COVID, because international music stars concerts are very pricey. From the international scene I've been to Scorpions, Nightwish or Elton John and with my parents went to see some Russian pop-stars like Gazmanov, Kirkorov or Meladzej, because they like them for some reason.

Addendum, would have seen more Western musicians, but, alas... the tickets are always sold out within hours of announcement.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2017 at 4:11 PM, vibeology said:

A few of my best concerts (The Killers, Lady Gaga, The Monkees, Darius Rucker, The Arkells)

Since you mentioned Ottawa Bluesfest, was the Arkells show you went by any chance the show they played at TD Place in 2017? I was at that one (also by myself) and it was a great show.

• Like 1

I have tickets to our first post-pandemic shows - yay!

Steve Earle and The Dukes with The Mastersons opening - late July

Outlaw Music Festival in late September with the following lineup:

Willie Nelson and the family, Sturgill Simpson (yay!), Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, Gov't Mule, Kathleen Edwards.

I'm so looking forward to these.  I'm also a little nervous since I haven't been out in public in quite a while... well, not in crowds, anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve been to a lot of shows since I’ve posted here.  I look forward to catching it up.  

Thanks for bumping this up.  I've been to a couple of shows and thought about posting, but wasn't sure anyone cared... 😄

But... since you do... 

I need to update the lineup for the Outlaw Fest last summer.  Stugill took ill (boo), so Tyler Childers subbed in.  He was...fine, but kinda boring.

This summer, we've seen the current tour of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (as good, if not better than the first one!), Lyle Lovett with Chris Isaak (a little too much Chris and not quite enough Lyle), Paul Thorn (loved him!) and Billy Bragg (also love him).

We have tickets to see Mandy Patinkin in January.  Looking forward to it. 

• Love 1

Unless something weird happens in the next few weeks and the number increases my year of 3 concerts came to an end a few weeks ago. Started in the summer when I took my kids to their first real concern, Weird Al and his Return of the Unfortunate Ill Advised Vanity tour. Even though it was all his original songs it was so much fun. Especially since my kids love the song Albuquerque, and he played it at the end. I really hope he does another tour soon since I would love to take them to see a tour where he plays all his parody songs.

Next was Peal Jam in September. It was my 6th time seeing them and they still put on a hell of a show. It was a show that I was supposed to see in March 2020 but it kept getting pushed back because of the pandemic. 

Lastly a few weeks ago I saw Canadian rock band Arkells. It was in a small hockey arena and the only used about half of it so it was really cool. Plus even though it was a small venue the band still had a ton of energy. That one too was originally supposed to be earlier in the year but got postponed due to the pandemic. 

It was almost a year of 4 concerts as I kind of wanted to go see Metric in the summer but our summer was super busy and it was a bit on the expensive side so I passed. Looking back I kind of wish I went, although they are a Canadian band so hopefully they hit Ottawa again on their next tour.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yesterday went to Christmas Tarja Turunen concert in Vilnius. Was supposed to happen in 2020, but covid got in the way, and, well, two years later and maybe not even half a concert hall was full (on the other hand, it wasn't really advertised, at least to my knowledge it wasn't. Half a year ago I randomly came across this event and bought tickets). On the other hand, it was a cosy get together, and she even started on time, which was, wow, because most of the times all of the performers that I've been to are 'fashionably late'.

Well, now I can add to my list - just saw Muse for the second time last night, with Evanescence and a group called ONEOKROCK as openers. Great show all around :D.

Also thought I'd listed this one back when it happened, but in November 2021, I went with my mom and my sister to see Micky Dolenz and Mike Nesmith in concert together. 

• Like 2

Just saw Haley Reinhart for the second time last week. Unbelievable. She sang for pretty much 90 minutes non-stop and was just as note-perfect at the end as she was at the beginning. Belting it out but also showing finesse with the quieter moments and falsetto, all done seemingly effortlessly. Great retro/modern mix of soul, rock, jazz, doo-w**, etc. Comes across as very endearing and sincere in her stage patter between songs.

She seems to have settled nicely into being an independent artist and may never advance beyond that - but I don't think she really cares as long as she gets to keep doing what she clearly loves, which is pretty awesome.

Went to see Lyle Lovett at The Birchmere a couple of weeks ago.  He was with the acoustic band this time.  I'd never seen this particular formation and they are spectacular.  Lyle and 4 guys - piano, bass, keyboard, guitar.  The show was about 3 hours and was so enjoyable.  

And, before the show, while we were waiting in line to go in, Lyle came out to take pictures of us - for some unknown reason.  Then, he took time to work the line as we were going in - again, for some unknown reason.  But, it was delightful. 

I stole this pic from someone's Twitter.  It's the perfect picture of my big, orange phone 😄

Lyle.jpg

• Like 2

Is anyone planning on attending Aerosmith's Farewell Tour?

I kind of want to go, since I've only seen them in concert once before and it was ages ago, but the thought of being in the Forum with 18,000 people sounds like something you couldn't pay me to do, not something I'd pay big bucks to do.  I think my arena concert days are behind me.  At least for all but my very favorites (and few of my favorites play in huge venues).  I might go if it was at the Hollywood Bowl instead, because at least that's outdoors, but they're here after its season ends.

(edited)

Have a ticket for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds supporting Garbage on June 9 at The Greek in Los Angeles.  These are two bands at the top of my list.  I freaking love Noel Gallagher, with and without Oasis, and Shirley Manson is sublime.

The bad news is that The Greek is my least favorite of all of the L.A. and Orange County venues.  I made a reservation at a nearby hotel for Friday/Saturday, and the concierge will "Get [Me] to the Greek."

I'm really hoping I don't dick out, though.  I'm currently having issues with my back and my anxiety is off the charts.  Hope I can power through and not talk myself out of going.  Old age is not for sissies.

Concert of a lifetime, concert of a lifetime, concert of a lifetime.

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Oosala said:

The bad news is that The Greek is my least favorite of all of the L.A. and Orange County venues. 

Aw, I love that place.  I know its flaws, but it's the perfect size for me and I love the surroundings.  (It helps greatly that I have a friend who lives in walking distance, so I can just go to her place early to avoid traffic, hang out, and walk [hike, really] up.)

Anyway, I haven't seen Garbage in concert in a long time, but they were absolutely great on stage when I did.  I hope you indeed don't talk yourself out of going (something my anxiety causes me to do a lot, so I get it).

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok the Noel Gallagher / Garbage concert is tomorrow and my anxiety is at number 10. Every fiber of my being is telling me Just don’t go. If I don’t go, I will forever regret it. I hate my brain and my f*cking back. 😪

I can’t miss the opportunity to hear Shirley Manson sing Stupid Girl live. 

UPDATE:  I'm not going.  The agoraphobia and anxiety and backache are too much.  Seriously, if it was at any other venue....  😠

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1