Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Saved By the Mariachis!

• Start Topic

I don't know if this is a spoiler seeing as it came from social media, but regarding Morgan's unfinished BSN:

Spoiler

Mafsfan reported that the weddings were in February, and she completed her degree in March, so literally one month from finishing her degree is not really a big lie in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I am loving Krysten and Mitch in this episode (other than her telling the girls he 'pounced' on her, which wasn't appropriate). They seem to be the grown-ups in the room. They had fun together, they both went off and did their own thing, him as a dot on the horizon on his surfboard and her chilling out - have we ever seen a honeymoon episode before where the spouses have gone off separately (by choice, not the Alyssa storming off situation), spending time enjoying themselves and it's not turned into a huge effing drama? The turnaround in Mitch's attitude is completely understandable. He'd plucked up the courage to have a difficult conversation with Krysten, probably anticipating she'd fly off the handle. But she handled it with maturity and kindness, and he started to look below the surface and begin to appreciate that she is a woman of substance.

Here Here! I still think Mitch is a pill, but this has been a fascinating watch in terms of what happens when one spouse is not immediately attracted. This reminds me a lot of Jamie and Doug - she wasn't immediately attracted, but she was open. Much like Krysten, Doug knew it and still kept an open mind. I am kind of digging their vibe - they aren't here for the drama and I love it. Their expressions at that dinner were hilarious. Krysten taking a shot and just sitting back is exactly how I would have been in that situation. Mitch looked like he would rather be anywhere other than that messy dinner. I do agree "pounce" was probably an exaggeration given what we've seen of Mitch - I don't think he has that much confidence with women. It was probably a drunken pass as @Jack Sampson speculates. I freaking love how Captain Krysten has turned it around now - know your worth girl and make sure he knows it too!!!!!

• Love 3

Alexis acknowledges she could've been with Justin 6 months prior. I wonder if that'll come up again after something negative happens & she'll say it was a good thing they didn't get together 6 months prior. 😅

• Love 2

I just finished watching this - only took me three days 😄. The way I took Kristen's "pounced" was in that he said he wasn't attracted to her but then 2 hours later was all into it!  I also think telling the girls was a bit of (probably subconscious) revenge for what he said to her.

I do agree that this is the most sex talk, and the most bleeping, that we've had on this show.  Also the most self-centered seeming people, constantly blathering on about "here's the kind of person I am" and "what I need".  I did like Miguel telling Lindy to just be herself because if they would fall in love it should be with each other.  Versus old Mitch telling Kristen that she has to "thread the needle" of his incredibly complex personality 🙄

That being said, after a slow start where I skipped the prelims and fast forwarded through the weddings, I'm starting to like people more.  Usually at this point I'm starting to dislike them 😄. I find Nate to be incredibly creepy looking for some reason, and that's not going away but I am liking him better.  Also Miss "I'm here with my Guy Friends to audition to be married, and BTW I've been proposed to 3 times".  Of the others they're all okay for now - we'll see how it goes.  My least favorite is Mitch but even he isn't the worst 😆

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Completely agree.  To me, she came off like the girl at the gym wearing a skimpy outfit, then getting offended when someone looks.

No one asked what she meant by "pounced" - I'm sure he didn't literally jump on her.  Maybe, she was describing a tequila-fueled awkward move that took all the courage he had.  Then, after saying she was game, she rejected him, THEN told the other women (and cable TV audience) about it.  

I don’t think he meant to be disrespectful toward her.  Actually, she might have said that to get even with what he said about not feeling it with her previously.  And, on my wedding day, after dancing and drinking all night, husband and I went up to our room to change for our honeymoon.  After entering, he lifted me up and threw me on the bed in my wedding dress and shoes and started kissing me.  I said “ not now, later”, as I wanted it to be perfect.  He was just caught in the moment.  Probably all the booze just like Mitch had.  I still think of that to this day fondly, nothing more.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2022 at 2:03 AM, Racj82 said:

This was honestly one of the best MAFS episodes I can recall.

People expressing their feelings like adults.

The issues feel genuine.

People are being called out instead of tiptoeing around issues.

It just felt very organic with little filler.

I agree 100%.  I wish TPTB for these shows could do more like this and much, much less of the fake, stirred-up drama.  Not sure how many of you watch the Bach/ette, but many of us remarked fondly on Tayshia's covid season, because we really got to know the guys and also got to see them getting to know each other and develop deep friendships.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Lindy is annoying af. All that talking about potential problems and over analyzing every little thing is exhausting. Miguel was happy to get laid. 
Krysten also overthinks and talks too much. 

Yup, that pretty much sums these two up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah .. I watched again and think Lindy talks way too much about every little thing.  She’s analyzing and projecting too damn much.  I don’t think any guy could take all that blabbering.  Half the time, I don’t even know what she’s talking about.  
Nate is weird to me for some reason, and why is she always crying?  These women are so insecure it seems.  They should have a little mystery about themselves, and let their new husbands find out things about them little by little.  It’s like they are desperate.

Cant understand why Miguel came on this show.  He’s accomplished, good job, good looks, has everything going for him and seems like a catch.  Why did he need this show?

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yeah .. I watched again and think Lindy talks way too much about every little thing.  She’s analyzing and projecting too damn much.  I don’t think any guy could take all that blabbering.  Half the time, I don’t even know what she’s talking about.  
Nate is weird to me for some reason, and why is she always crying?  These women are so insecure it seems.  They should have a little mystery about themselves, and let their new husbands find out things about them little by little.  It’s like they are desperate.

Cant understand why Miguel came on this show.  He’s accomplished, good job, good looks, has everything going for him and seems like a catch.  Why did he need this show?

In regards to Miguel, none of those make dating or finding your match any easier. Being a catch doesn't mean anything if you keep catching people not worth your time. He's been cheated on as well.

For the sake of the show, people that have it together and are a viable dating option should be what we get instead of just a bunch of unattractive people with baggage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Racj82 said:

For the sake of the show, people that have it together and are a viable dating option should be what we get instead of just a bunch of unattractive people with baggage.

Yet somehow those people have better things to do than come on this show 😆

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2