Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Saved By the Mariachis!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s too bad that Binh lives in  San Diego and Noi lives in Boston.  That would be a perfect match. 

Noi is about conspicuous wealth. I think binh and Johnny would be better together.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The experts match for drama.  Binh asked for a woman who was financially stable and close with family.  He gets the opposite.  Same with Lindy and Miguel.  In the real world, I don’t think most men spill the beans about their marriages like they are doing on this show.  Most are more close mouths.

In the real world who gets married at first sight and then goes on a honeymoon with several other couples, then they all move into an apt/condo building all together?  It just doesn't make sense, the marrying at first sight is a long shot let alone the rest of the drama.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

How much time off does lindy take? She pretty much laid out that she doesn’t want him to judge what she does or what she spends her money on which makes me wonder what she’s ashamed of.  I don’t think her debt is due to student loans alone.

And what does she do that she had to work so hard to get the time off that she wants? If she has a lot of student debt and doesn't "want" to work at her age, that is a REAL red flag. Suck it up and be responsible, Missy!

I do understand what Miguel means about feeling like he has 8 weeks to decide. And, I understand how Lindy feels about it and they way he says it. She acts like she is totally happy and they understand what they are doing, even if no one else does, but I think she is pretty insecure and is going to overthink everything. Miguel is even telling her to stop living in her head and just BE. She is cute and they could be a good couple, but she is exhausting.

Binh and Morgan do nothing for me. She is too tough for him and doesn't really have time to make adjustments to her life - like Olivia was when all she wanted was a plus-one to add to her life. And, I don't see what she thinks is so hot in Binh. He is not attractive to me at all.

They didn't spend much time on Mitch and Krysten this show. I was more interested in them than the repetitive conversations from everyone else. I do think he is going to come around and realize he could be with her, but I think she will say no. I LOVE how she is managing him. She is a smart one. She wants HIM to do the begging.

Stacia just has too many issues to be married - especially to a stranger who hasn't been with her to work through them. Everything that happens "triggers" something in her about her past. I do like her, though and hope they are happy. He seems to be all in, but we'll see. So, are they going to be living in Stacia's new house or will they be with the couples in the apartments?

Still don't like Alexis and Justin. I can't understand a word he says and she is just too much. I think her off-the-cuff "I love you" was just a light-hearted thing to say and not the heavy deep feeling way he is taking it. And why did they select a man who is celibate?? Iris the Virgin was one thing and she was looking to lose it, but the fact that he is still celibate with his wife is just dumb.

I agree with those who say that there is too much focus on the group doing things together - this is their honeymoon and the couples should be spending time with their new spouses and not comparing themselves to the others.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I am by no means a prude, but in addition to the emphasis on sex this season, it's tiring hearing so many bleeped out words.  I don't remember that in previous seasons.   

Anything to keep the ratings up. It does seem more revealing and provocative this season. You can complain in here but not tuning in is the only real solution.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

The first time Bihn doesn't want to turn on the AC, Morgan is going to kick his ass.

Bet he’s the type to close lights, pinch pennies on food, etc.  A real pain in the ass to live with.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Krysten is very gracious by not wanting her or anyone else to demonize Mitch and try to stay positive.  I admire her emotional maturity but I’m curious how this development affects their prospects together. I totally blame the tequila and expect he’ll get withdrawn and aloof again.  

It seems the opposite to me...Mitch appears much more at ease. He was completely amped up and shocked at the gravity of now being married in the first 48 hours. Now he's looking forward to coming home. He's not anywhere close to the behavior of other participants who voiced their lack of attraction and it would show by their distance or even refusal to move in. 

Lindy revealed the issue her and Miguel were having which I'm not sure was the smartest idea. If she has his back. For Miguel he worded his thinking all wrong. He should have her assured her that he is committed to this union barring some glaring reason it wouldn't work. Whether he likes it or not there is an eight week artificial horizon where he commits to staying married or parting ways. I don't blame him for not committing before the eight weeks are up.

Alexis and Justin appear too good to be true still they had a very strong start. Emotions are bound to be ruffled.

Stacia and Nate seem to be off to a good start.

Morgan and Binh appear to be red lining in someways. They've had even less time than the other couples. I don't think his indiscretion at sharing with someone going through the same process was an unforgivable sin. However her diatribe about married life was as one sided as could be. It sounds like she wants a butler for a husband continually coming to her emotional rescue. Its actually up to her to learn how to put her day in the glove compartment when she comes home. 

I'll miss Dr. Viviana Coles she was very photogenic....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, kikicat said:

I think Stacia was just concerned since it did seem like Miguel was pressuring Lindy. Seeing Stacia's reaction, I felt for her.

Exactly.

And sorry, I wasn't convinced by Lindy's response that it was so beautiful, wonderful and she wasn't coerced into it.

Lindy irritates me worse than probably anyone else they've had on this show...except for Johnny.

Every fucking thing is going to be a "trigger" for her.  And boy is she passive aggressive too.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

And what does she do that she had to work so hard to get the time off that she wants?

Lindy is a physical therapist so it may be that she has to find coverage for her patients when she wants to take time off. But didn’t she say that she only worked a bit at a time? Like she’d work for a few months and then travel?

Binh was totally judging Morgan. Did he even ask why Morgan isn’t close to her dad? Maybe her dad doesn’t deserve it.

Loved that Krysten and Mitch just sat there watching the drama at dinner.

I don’t know what was up with the Steve Jobs look at the beach.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The experts match for drama.  Binh asked for a woman who was financially stable and close with family.  He gets the opposite.  Same with Lindy and Miguel.  In the real world, I don’t think most men spill the beans about their marriages like they are doing on this show.  Most are more close mouths.

I don't think we know much about Morgan's finances but I wouldn't say she is financially unstable. She has student loans, I think. Who doesn't? She's a nurse so she will always have a job and probably her pick of jobs. She won't get rich in nursing but she can earn a good salary and has good job security. And even if she takes on more student debt to become a nurse practitioner, that also comes with a good salary increase. Unless she has massive debt that we don't know about, I think her finances are fine for someone at her age and stage of life.

As for not being close to her family - I hated that whole discussion. There are many good reasons one might choose to set boundaries with toxic family members. Morgan is estranged from her dad and probably has damn good reasons for it. That doesn't mean she doesn't value family and can't appreciate someone who is close to his family. Maybe Binh should spend some time reflecting on how lucky he is to have healthy and strong family relationships? 

Lindy is a physical therapist so it may be that she has to find coverage for her patients when she wants to take time off. But didn’t she say that she only worked a bit at a time? Like she’d work for a few months and then travel?

I don't think we know for sure, but there was some speculation that she worked as a contract physical therapist; so she goes somewhere and works for a few months, then her contract ends and she moves onto the next one?

It’s too bad that Binh lives in  San Diego and Noi lives in Boston.  That would be a perfect match. 

I don't think that Noi would like Binh. He has money but he doesn't spend. I think she wants someone who has the money to spend without running out. I was actually thinking she would be really into Miguel and she could entertain herself posting on social media while he plays D&D.

Binh and Morgan are a match made in hades.  I don’t understand why she signed on to the show if she doesn’t have time for a spouse.

I don't think it's that Morgan doesn't have time for a husband; I think it's that she doesn't want a husband that she has to take care of. I thought of one of my all time favorite couples, Jessica and Austin from the Washington DC season (which wasn't really in DC but that's a different discussion). She is a nurse and during COVID (and even before) he was very attentive to things like having dinner ready for her when she got home from her 12+ hour shifts. I think MOrgan could use someone like that - who can help her decompress and take care of her a little when she has spent a long day taking care of other people. That isn't to say that she doesn't have to carry her weight in the relationship but she needs a specific kind of partner.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Exactly.

And sorry, I wasn't convinced by Lindy's response that it was so beautiful, wonderful and she wasn't coerced into it.

Lindy irritates me worse than probably anyone else they've had on this show...except for Johnny.

Every fucking thing is going to be a "trigger" for her.  And boy is she passive aggressive too.  

We used to call triggers pushing buttons and at one time it was the person who had the all buttons to press that was at fault.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

He had no idea how close he got to getting his head handed to him on a platter by Stacia.   

Oh I think he was very aware considering his laughing it off with the "saved by the f$$king mariachis!" comment. I actually like Lindy and Miguel, but I'm not sure her nervous nelly and his blase "I'll see how I feel in 8 weeks" mentality are a good match. Or maybe they will balance each other out? I did like when she was starting to spiral over her normal part time routine and he just shut her down with a "you worry too much". And she did stop! So I guess we'll see.....

Alexis and Justin are just.....something. This is going to implode spectacularly. Both are slightly unhinged. And what is with these two and their inappropriate tropical outfits? First Alexis last week with the red boob cutout turtleneck with long sleeves, this week Justin with a turtleneck sweater and jeans! Gah! And what the hell with Justin crying over Bihn? They just met two weeks ago - this is not his lifelong best buddy. What nonsense.

I don't mind Stacia and Lindy both expressing concern for each other. I don't think either is wrong in their worry. Lindy protests that she's fine too much, and Stacia should give side eye to Nate at this point. He does seem way too into his SM, and he could barely listen on that picnic when she was baring her soul to him until she asked if he would go to therapy and then record scratch. He gives player vibes so I think she's playing this right. But she also seems kind of fragile for someone who talks a good game about how fierce she is......

Krysten and Mitch just sitting back and watching the drama unfold at that dinner table was awesome. Way to go olds! I have a glimmer of hope for these two after this week, but no doubt Mitch will screw it up somehow once back in his element.

Bihn is a judgemental asshole. How dare he judge Morgan for her family situation without knowing anything about it. And the woman is a nurse - get out of here with that shit about student debt. Once she finishes that ONE CLASS (good grief) she will be making great money! Screw him. She may have lied over one little thing on her application, but his attitude says way more about him as a person. Just no.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t think we know much about Morgan's finances but I wouldn't say she is financially unstable. She has student loans, I think. Who doesn't? She's a nurse so she will always have a job and probably her pick of jobs. She won't get rich in nursing but she can earn a good salary and has good job security. And even if she takes on more student debt to become a nurse practitioner, that also comes with a good salary increase. Unless she has massive debt that we don't know about, I think her finances are fine for someone at her age and stage of life.

It’s definitely possible to have student loan debt and be financially stable. Nurses make good money; nurse practitioners make very good money; travel nurses make bank (no benefits though, and it’s maybe not the best idea in a new marriage). Nurses are quitting in droves (some are leaving for travel nursing because it pays more and they figure if they’re going to be stressed, they might as well get paid), so a) she’ll never be unemployed and b) the sign-on bonuses are very high now - $5K, $10K, etc. Health care providers are doing a lot to try to recruit and retain nurses right now.

16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think we know for sure, but there was some speculation that she worked as a contract physical therapist; so she goes somewhere and works for a few months, then her contract ends and she moves onto the next one?

Could be. And I don’t know much about physical therapy wages but generally traveling health care providers are well-paid and you don’t have to go straight into the next contract - you CAN, but it’s not required.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought she said she worked in a hospital?

16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Well, now they all think Mitch is an animal.  Does he know what she revealed to Alexia?

When Krysten said he pounced on her, she put him in a bad light when she told the others.  They all think he was wrong.  Meanwhile, he drank lots of tequila, and the fact that she told him about the sex she needed on day three, he kept that in mind, so he went for it.  Then she went and told the girls and they probably told their husbands.  He looked the fool and it wasn’t really him to make a move so soon.  He was embarrassed at the tell all, as that’s not the way he operates.  This all transpired because everyone has a big mouth and judges when they don’t know the whole story.  Mitch is totally embarrassed, as that’s not really him to do that.  There’s too much talk between all of them.  Marriage is private, not for everyone to know what’s going on between a newly married couple.  I feel very bad for Mitch, and it showed on the tell all he was very embarrassed.  Krysten should have kept her mouth shut.

16 hours ago, kristen111 said:
Edited by kristen111
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

When Krysten said he pounced on her, she put him in a bad light when she told the others.  They all think he was wrong.  Meanwhile, he drank lots of tequila, and the fact that she told him about the sex she needed on day three, he kept that in mind, so he went for it.  Then she went and told the girls and they probably told their husbands.  He looked the fool and it wasn’t really him to make a move so soon.  He was embarrassed at the tell all, as that’s not the way he operates.  This all transpired because everyone has a big mouth and judges when they don’t know the whole story.  Mitch is totally embarrassed, as that’s not really him to do that.  There’s too much talk between all of them.  Marriage is private, not for everyone to know what’s going on between a newly married couple.  I feel very bad for Mitch, and it showed on the tell all he was very embarrassed.  Krysten should have kept her mouth shut.

yeah, kept her mouth shut or at least phrased it differently

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

And what does she do that she had to work so hard to get the time off that she wants? If she has a lot of student debt and doesn't "want" to work at her age, that is a REAL red flag. Suck it up and be responsible, Missy!

I think her job is very flexible.  I’ve gone for physical therapy where my favorite girl is not there half the time and I have to take another.  My daughter is a massage therapist for a doctor and makes her own hours.  That could be like Lindsey rolls.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I tried taking a drink every time Justine said "you know what I'm sayin" and missed the last 90 minutes of the show.

Justin's "tic" (you know what I'm sayin') that punctuates every single sentence he utters is unbearable to listen to because it indicates that he has no control over how he expresses himself verbally and is, apparently, unaware of and/or insensitive to the effect that repetitive phrase has on his listener(s). 

The repeated phrase also minimizes the actual seriousness and/or content of what he's trying to convey because it interferes with a person's ability to understand exactly what he's saying.

Has anyone ever discussed this with him?  I wonder.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Justin's "tic" (you know what I'm sayin') that punctuates every single sentence he utters is unbearable to listen to because it indicates that he has no control over how he expresses himself verbally and is, apparently, unaware of and/or insensitive to the effect that repetitive phrase has on his listener(s). 

The repeated phrase also minimizes the actual seriousness and/or content of what he's trying to convey because it interferes with a person's ability to understand exactly what he's saying.

Has anyone ever discussed this with him?  I wonder.

Maybe his brother?  He seemed to think Justin wasn't prepared for marriage, and I think he's right.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Binh and Morgan do nothing for me. She is too tough for him and doesn't really have time to make adjustments to her life - like Olivia was when all she wanted was a plus-one to add to her life. And, I don't see what she thinks is so hot in Binh. He is not attractive to me at all.

His body. Whether or not you find that type attractive, he has a rockin body.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I did like that Morgan and Binh were actually EATING their meals, unlike the plates that are always left untouched on certain other reality shows.... 

And the women's discussion together was surprisingly mature.  I almost forgot what show I was watching.  I like all of these people but don't think any of them will make it for long term.   

Coming from a SWF who has had a live in partner for 32 years but never felt any urge to marry.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Bihn is a judgemental asshole. How dare he judge Morgan for her family situation without knowing anything about it. And the woman is a nurse - get out of here with that shit about student debt. Once she finishes that ONE CLASS (good grief) she will be making great money! Screw him. She

Is Binh kidding or what.  The nerve.  The girl is a Nurse, and he should get on his knees and apologize.  Healthcare workers are working their asses off saving lives during this pandemic night and day.  She lives alone and probably is working her ass off during these times.  So many workers have quit as they can’t take the pressure.  From day one he seems to be driven by the buck and just maybe she’s better off without him.  

• Love 8
23 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Wait a damn minute.

Morgan's deepest, darkest secret is that she is one course shy from her degree!?

And their relationship implodes because Binh told one of the other husbands!?

Alllll this build up for this lil 💩!?

TOTALLY NOT what we thought! I do wonder WTF he was thinking as he was telling Justin when he promised her he wouldn't to tell. Telling his bro was more important than his wife's trust, huh? Was it intentional sabotage or what? 🤨 Then he tells producers she 'lied.' Nahhh. He can't be trusted. Both of them are wrong for this experiment. He's close-minded to anything outside of what he requested & she really wants to be alone. What is it with nurses on this show? Olivia was similar to Morgan in wanting someone to fill a slot. 🤔

• Love 3

Binh thought she was  lying about being  a nurse.  He had  no understanding that an BSN was not the only  way to become a  nurse. Probably doesn’t even know what CNA, LPN, and RN mean.  So do we even know if Morgan lied to the producers or if she just felt it was easier not to tell the cast that she had one more class to take?  Because we’ve not seen evidence that the producers felt Morgan had lied to them. 

• Love 5

Morgan didn't lie.  Many nurses have an Associates Degree, and many have a Bachelors.  She has an Associates and she IS an RN, but she is one class shy of her Bachelors.

So, there was no lie.  She's been working as an RN this whole time.  Props to her for going for that additional education, as it will mean more career advancement.  She can move into hospital management, or become an RN supervisor, etc.  

And guess what, Binh....all those things equal more moolah.

She was possibly just a bit embarrassed at her student loan debt and her needing that one more class.  Which I don't get, because I think it's something to be proud of.  

She took on her loan herself.  She's worked as an RN for two years.  Through a freaking pandemic.  In a freaking N95.

She went a little overboard at that dinner party, but they had just come off that fight, and she had spent time crying, upset, and worried that she can't even trust her new husband with something she just told him not to discuss.  

All Binh was concerned about was her "lie", and the fact that he asked for someone who was close to their family.  Well you know what, Binh?  Not everyone has that.  

We have no idea about her father, or why he chose to leave/she chose to remove him.  You know who would know?  You, if you'd ask.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 11

Binh was wrong for jumping to conclusions about Morgan's job, and then blabbing to Justin.  However, I think his apology was sincere, and I think Morgan overreacted.  Besides, these people don't know each other, and there's a lot yet to learn about each other.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe Binh should spend some time reflecting on how lucky he is to have healthy and strong family relationships? 

From what we’ve seen & heard so far, I’m not so sure his relationship with his mom is particularly ‘healthy.’ He’s WAY too much of a mama’s boy!

• Love 9
On 8/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I like how Justin and Binh are developing a bro-ship though he shouldn’t have made a big deal out of Morgan’s missing credit.

Justin is way too invested in Binh.  This guy has no boundaries I'm beginning to think.  He loves Binh almost as much as he loves Alexis.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/10/2022 at 9:13 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lindy is way too into her head overthinking and questioning everything. How exhausting! She needs to slow her roll and think about economizing her words.  

I think that’s the first turtleneck I’ve ever seen in Mexico.

Lindy’s voice and personality are so grating . She reminds me a lot of the main girl from the movie “ He’s just not that into you .” She’s an attractive girl but she doesn’t stop worrying , whining or talking . Just take a shot and relax ! 

I feel for kristyn because she married someone who would pick any partner apart . He isn’t nearly as bad as others who weren’t attracted to their spouse and just totally stopped trying at first sight but he isn’t a Greek God . Look at yourself in the mirror and give the marriage a go . You are not out of her league at all . 

• Love 3

Binh just told us Justin’s nickname is Tree.

I feel like Olajuwon, from last season, he thinks Morgan is not established enough for him. Of course, Olajuwon and his wife stayed together.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, kristen111 said:

After watching again this morning, imo, Mitch is the smartest of the whole group.  The pouncing on her was all the liquor they drink, plus what she said about having sex .  He thinks she would like to have sex now, so he went for it.  I hope she realizes that, and btw, I think they will make it in the end.  Just my opinion.  I wouldn’t have revealed that to anyone either.  TMI.

Completely agree.  To me, she came off like the girl at the gym wearing a skimpy outfit, then getting offended when someone looks.

No one asked what she meant by "pounced" - I'm sure he didn't literally jump on her.  Maybe, she was describing a tequila-fueled awkward move that took all the courage he had.  Then, after saying she was game, she rejected him, THEN told the other women (and cable TV audience) about it.  

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Justin & Stacia are the BIGGEST CRYBABIES!!!! GOOD GOD! Totally didn't see it coming with Stacia AT ALL! She's cried multiple times now. We got some indication about Justin when he cried because of his brother's reaction to his announcement. GET A GRIP! Is this the Crybabiest season ever & it's barely one week in?!!! 🧐🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Good luck to Justin & Alexis. Now they've got a lot to live up to with those declarations of love within a week of not even living real life. I wonder how fast they'll crash & burn because they don't even really know each other. They think they're the best couple, followed by Nate & Stacia. Then Miguel & Lindy, Mitch & Krysten, & Binh & Morgan. Whoda thunk there'd be a couple in worse standing than Mitch & Krysten??? 🤨😅🤣

• Love 2

No Krysten! Not "single in the streets"!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣 Is being married to him really better than that? REALLY??!! Does she just want to be married, no matter what? Even if the marriage sucks? That only lasts so long.

• Love 1

Miguel is still icky & continued with his mockery of God. He for sure kept trying til she gave in & after he said what he said about the 8 weeks, she probably regretted it. 😅 Stacia definitely retaliated for the comment about Nate by questioning Miguel. INTENSE! 🤣 WTF was Lindy saying that they're the "real ones." So they competing for real, huh? It's weird to see them verbally compare themselves & go after a spouse. They usually keep it cordial & say stuff away from the group. & Alexis talking about Morgan to Justin at the dinner, but wanted him to drop it in their room. What's that? She was feeding into it earlier, but it was no longer her concern after that? Huh? WTF is crying for? He doesn't even know Binh, he doesn't know Morgan, he doesn't know their situation. He needs to stop the foolishness.

• Love 2

What's a better way to say you don't know if you want to stay married? You got married for a life partner & will do your best to make that happen? Lindy didn't mean to throw Miguel under the bus by throwing him under the bus, huh? 😅 They are all probably undecided, but don't say it. Especially like that.

7 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Completely agree.  To me, she came off like the girl at the gym wearing a skimpy outfit, then getting offended when someone looks.

No one asked what she meant by "pounced" - I'm sure he didn't literally jump on her.  Maybe, she was describing a tequila-fueled awkward move that took all the courage he had.  Then, after saying she was game, she rejected him, THEN told the other women (and cable TV audience) about it.  

Can you imagine if it was reverse?  That would have been ok.  They would have applauded her and gave her the hi five.  She has a big mouth and should apologize to him as he’s mortified on National tv.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Can you imagine if it was reverse?  That would have been ok.  They would have applauded her and gave her the hi five.  She has a big mouth and should apologize to him as he’s mortified on National tv.

Mortified?  The guy who gleefully talked on national TV about not being attracted to her?  Who gleefully talked about how hot her mother is?  

I'm glad she mentioned it.  You don't tell someone they aren't attractive, down a bunch of drinks and then demand sex.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Binh thought she was  lying about being  a nurse.  He had  no understanding that an BSN was not the only  way to become a  nurse. Probably doesn’t even know what CNA, LPN, and RN mean.  So do we even know if Morgan lied to the producers or if she just felt it was easier not to tell the cast that she had one more class to take?  Because we’ve not seen evidence that the producers felt Morgan had lied to them. 

If she hadn't made it sound like a deep dark secret, he probably would not have considered it lying.  And the fact she made it sound like a deep dark secret is weird.

(That said, Binh is a real buzzkill.)

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Mortified?  The guy who gleefully talked on national TV about not being attracted to her?  Who gleefully talked about how hot her mother is?  

I'm glad she mentioned it.  You don't tell someone they aren't attractive, down a bunch of drinks and then demand sex.

He was not gleeful about not being attracted to his wife nor did he demand anything from her. None of these things were done or said.

She had every right to turn down his advances. That's what it was. The move wasn't even necessarily unwanted. It was because of his words earlier that day but she wasn't mad that he made a move. She just couldn't move forward because of it.

But, every season, we have people using words that do not fit the situation and could make someone else look absolutely terrible.

No, we were not there. But, every other description of the night has been a drunken pass turned down. The word pounce can sound like she was mauled or attacked. It's a strong word. It's something you have to mindful of even if it seems harmless.

You saying that he demanded sex when no said that is another version of a strong word that is not accurate to the situation and makes the person look way worse.

It happened last year when Jasmina kept calling his argument tone as aggressive and he all the way backed off for a month of this show while they weren't filming because of it.

Edited by Racj82
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Everyone sees different.  That’s my opinion.   After he “ pounced” on her, why was she cuddling with him on the bed the next day and all lovey dovey?

Edited by kristen111
15 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He was not gleeful about not being attracted to his wife nor did he demand anything from her. None of these things were done or said.

She had every right to turn down his advances. That's what it was. The move wasn't even necessarily unwanted. It was because of his words earlier that day but she wasn't mad that he made a move. She just couldn't move forward because of it.

But, every season, we have people using words that do not fit the situation and could make someone else look absolutely terrible.

No, we were not there. But, every other description of the night has been a drunken pass turned down. The word pounce can sound like she was mauled or attacked. It's a strong word. It's something you have to mindful of even if it seems harmless.

You saying that he demanded sex when no said that is another version of a strong word that is not accurate to the situation and makes the person look way worse.

It happened last year when Jasmina kept calling his argument tone as aggressive and he all the way backed off for a month of this show while they weren't filming because of it.

Yes, you were not there.  And I was not there.

So I'm going to take the word of someone who was there.   And I would bet that being pounced on is exactly what she felt --- an overzealous drunk who now wanted sex.  And she did not want sex then.

If she wants sex tomorrow and he wants sex tomorrow, awesome.  That doesn't mean that he didn't pounce on her.  I agree that "demand" wasn't the right word, but if she felt that he pounced on her than that's what she felt.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Binh thought she was  lying about being  a nurse. 

I got the impression that she had lied on her application, saying she'd completed her BSN when she was actually one class short, and that's what she confessed to him and asked to keep a secret.  It's not like she'd be able to keep her actual occupation, where she goes to work every day wearing scrubs, a secret from everyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lindz said:

Justin & Stacia are the BIGGEST CRYBABIES!!!! GOOD GOD! Totally didn't see it coming with Stacia AT ALL! She's cried multiple times now. We got some indication about Justin when he cried because of his brother's reaction to his announcement. GET A GRIP! Is this the Crybabiest season ever & it's barely one week in?!!! 🧐🤣

Stacia seems to have experienced a lot of trauma in her life. I wouldn't call her a crybaby when she looks like she has some deep pain from traumatic experiences. She seems to be reacting to some sexual coercion, if not date rape.  That's not a cry baby that's a post-traumatic stress reaction. I suggest that you have some empathy for her. She appears to have developed a fragile hard shell to protect herself, but because it's fragile, it's not going to help. Her husband's player-type demeanor will trigger her as she also appears to have had partners that tried to exploit her. I think that she expected to be protected from some of this by having experts choose her husband, but of course, we know they choose for dramas not compatibility or safety in emotions.image.thumb.png.409244ff7b4afc870f67f7c7ff55fe2d.png

Edited by Kira53
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I got the impression that she had lied on her application, saying she'd completed her BSN when she was actually one class short, and that's what she confessed to him and asked to keep a secret.  It's not like she'd be able to keep her actual occupation, where she goes to work every day wearing scrubs, a secret from everyone.

And if that's the case, then I think Binh has every right to be concerned.  It's a dumb thing to lie about in the first place.   

11 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

What is a "SteveJobs look?" I'm missing the reference.  

Wearing a black turtleneck sweater, which, given they are in Mexico and it looks as if it's great weather, is a little odd.

I am loving Krysten and Mitch in this episode (other than her telling the girls he 'pounced' on her, which wasn't appropriate). They seem to be the grown-ups in the room. They had fun together, they both went off and did their own thing, him as a dot on the horizon on his surfboard and her chilling out - have we ever seen a honeymoon episode before where the spouses have gone off separately (by choice, not the Alyssa storming off situation), spending time enjoying themselves and it's not turned into a huge effing drama? The turnaround in Mitch's attitude is completely understandable. He'd plucked up the courage to have a difficult conversation with Krysten, probably anticipating she'd fly off the handle. But she handled it with maturity and kindness, and he started to look below the surface and begin to appreciate that she is a woman of substance.

Lindy and Miguel seem to be at cross-purposes, and I think it would help if she turned off the stream of consciousness. Miguel seems fake to me, playing a role. I think Lindy is very pretty though, as someone said above, a bit like Kimmy Schmidt, with that ditzy look. I love her freckles and I'm glad she showed her natural face without covering them up with foundation.

I'm forgetting all the names here so excuse the nicknames, I've had a busy week and I'm too tired to look them up, but Justin and Bootylicious have gone too fast, too soon emotionally, and I suspect they'll crash and burn.  He is waaay too emotional and he will end up being a big streak of neediness as a husband. Some people are radiators and others are drains, and he is most definitely a drain.

Morgan and Binh are a mis-match. I don't find him attractive at all and his nitpickiness is off-putting. Morgan seems to want a roommate/best friend rather than a husband.

Stacia and Snoop Dogg - hmmm. He gives me 'player' vibes, and I don't warm to her at all. I hate the 'power couple' talk from them. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful and accumulate wealth and rental properties for a secure future, but that's no more (maybe far less) worthy than working as a nurse or doing your bit for the environment.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6