Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Saved By the Mariachis!

• Start Topic

Things get hot in Mexico as the honeymoons continue for our newlyweds and the tequila is flowing.  But while one groom suddenly drops the L word, another can't see past the eight week mark, and another betrays his new wife's trust when he reveals her biggest secret to others behind her back. 

Airs Wednesday August 10 at 8:00PM EDT.

Good on ya, Krysten.

Who thinks Mitch's response will be: "Aye, Aye, Cap'n!"

Edit: Crashcourse, are you forgetting all of Alyssa's good bleeping persons? 😄

Edited by kikicat
addition
  • LOL 6

Krysten is very gracious by not wanting her or anyone else to demonize Mitch and try to stay positive.  I admire her emotional maturity but I’m curious how this development affects their prospects together. I totally blame the tequila and expect he’ll get withdrawn and aloof again.  

• Like 8
  • Love 7

OK, I have to admit. For all his problematic moments, I'm sort of liking Nate a bit. He seems all right. Having said that, it's guaranteed that he'll end up as Zack 2.0.

edit: Uh-oh...trouble's coming for Nate with Lindy's accusation. My f*ck boy radar went on vacation; nobody ever listen to me.

Edited by kikicat
5 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Edit: Crashcourse, are you forgetting all of Alyssa's good bleeping persons? 😄

Hah hah, yes, but that was just one person getting bleeped.  This season, it's several people.

Krysten.  I'm not mad at you girl, but I see ya.  You tell the women not to demonize Mitch, then proceed to tell them he jumped on you like a tiger--so they'll demonize him.   You did the right thing by cutting him off, but I don't think being the captain is gonna help.  Just enjoy the vacation.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Interesting that we didn’t see Mitch discussing it with the guys.  Do you think that means he realizes it’s not nice to tell  your wife  you aren’t attracted to her and then try to get to home plate a few hours later? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Justin sure is quick to assert “their” account there. Alexis is wise to want to talk financials when they get back.

Binh seems like he’s finding a lot of reasons to pull back from Morgan here.  He’s the type that probably should not be on this show. He’s got so many deal breakers, though not being attracted to her probably makes them more pronounced.  She talks ALOT!

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Wait a damn minute.

Morgan's deepest, darkest secret is that she is one course shy from her degree!?

And their relationship implodes because Binh told one of the other husbands!?

Alllll this build up for this lil 💩!?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Hah hah, yes, but that was just one person getting bleeped.  This season, it's several people.

Krysten.  I'm not mad at you girl, but I see ya.  You tell the women not to demonize Mitch, then proceed to tell them he jumped on you like a tiger--so they'll demonize him.   You did the right thing by cutting him off, but I don't think being the captain is gonna help.  Just enjoy the vacation.    

Yep.  She shouldn’t have told them.  Now it will get around just like Binh revealed something about Morgan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

He’s got so many deal breakers, though not being attracted to her probably makes them more pronounced.  She talks ALOT!

Has Binh said he's not attracted to Morgan? I must have missed that. Imo she's way more attractive than he is. I think he's a very young 30 and I would not be surprised if he doesn't have much relationship experience. I feel that Morgan was right when she said that he's sort of holding against her that she's not tight with her family and has student debt.

• Love 9

Binh is definitely holding that student debt and the possibility of more ( nurse practitioner ) against her.  Does he not realize she will make more than him…. And now he isn’t going to get a cent  of it since she doesn’t want any of his money 

on tip of that, he agreed to keep the BSN thing private and did not.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Binh is definitely holding that student debt and the possibility of more ( nurse practitioner ) against her.  Does he not realize she will make more than him…. And now he isn’t going to get a cent  of it since she doesn’t want any of his money 

We are talking about a guy who doesn’t use an air conditioner to save a penny.  It’s all about his money.  Plus, he isn’t thrilled that she is not close with family like he is.  Here I thought they were good together.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Lindy is way too into her head overthinking and questioning everything. How exhausting! She needs to slow her roll and think about economizing her words.  

I think that’s the first turtleneck I’ve ever seen in Mexico.

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Binh taking marriage advice from Justin is terrible idea. Justin saying Binh is a perfect  husband is not good. 

20 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

What business is it of Stacia's if Lindy is having sex with her own husband?

At this point, I'm not that crazy about any of these couples and I don't care if they all divorce.  I'll just enjoy the scenery.

Nate  probably told Stacia that he wasn’t impressed with Miguel and Lindy having sex already.  Miguel sort of put Nate on the spot in the men’s conversation. , 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Bing taking marriage advice from Justin is terrible idea. Justin saying Binh is a perfect  husband is not good. 

They all are blabbing too much about each other.  Things they should not be talking about.  They know each other for less than one week.  Zip it.  Everyone knows everyone’s business.  Not good.

• Like 4
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Miquel seems like an ass to me. I’d be insecure about him as my husband, and saved by the Mariachis!

I think Miguel's issue is that Lindy comes off as kind of ditzy, and her babbling on and on would get on anyone's nerves.  She seems nice but maybe they're just not a good match.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Alexis  talks a good game, but I don’t see her being that much more accommodating than Morgan.  Plus it’s the middle of the pandemic- Morgan  does need decompression time 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Lindy is coming off as desperate like she’s begging him to love her.  She’s definitely verbalizes her inner dialogue too much in general but it’s out of control when she’s nervous which Miguel seems to make her with his ambivalence. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Maybe Miguel is ambivalent because she babbles too much, and he's wondering if he can deal with it long term.  

Bingo! 

Lindy needs to dial it way, way back. The serious conversations need to happen, but gee, just enjoy yourself on your honeymoon! Her incessant chatter is enough to make even the most patient man on edge. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lindy is way too into her head overthinking and questioning everything. How exhausting! She needs to slow her roll and think about economizing her words.  

I think that’s the first turtleneck I’ve ever seen in Mexico.

Black no less in the tropics.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

How much time off does lindy take? She pretty much laid out that she doesn’t want him to judge what she does or what she spends her money on which makes me wonder what she’s ashamed of.  I don’t think her debt is due to student loans alone. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I was thrown by how Lindy went after Stacia who was just trying to tell her to be careful with Miguel.   Saved by the Mariachi band.  He had no idea how close he got to getting his head handed to him on a platter by Stacia.   

Binh and Morgan are a match made in hades.  I don’t understand why she signed on to the show if she doesn’t have time for a spouse.  He mentioned that family means a lot to him, so I can’t help but believe he is judging Morgan for not having a relationship with her father.  Someone should probably tell him that because a person is family doesn’t mean they can’t be toxic. 

I don't like everyone being in each other's relationships.  I prefer when the couples have minimal contact.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

They all are blabbing too much about each other.  Things they should not be talking about.  They know each other for less than one week.  Zip it.  Everyone knows everyone’s business.  Not good.

So true, it felt like the group was the focus not the couples, even more so when it was just the guys or just the gals, yet they don't focus as much on the communication between the individual couples.  It seems the show is falling into this more each season too.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Bingo! 

Lindy needs to dial it way, way back. The serious conversations need to happen, but gee, just enjoy yourself on your honeymoon! Her incessant chatter is enough to make even the most patient man on edge. 

She is too much in her head and over thinking and she's sweet but also maybe too judgemental, I think a lot of it was the way she was raised in such a strict religious atmosphere.  She doesn't want to be judged yet she does it, it's awkward.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

OMG, all of these couples are exhausting and overthinking/over-verbalizing everything to death.  I think the way the show is filmed anymore makes the couples do nothing but talk about their relationships between each other and with the other couples.  Far too much is revealed to the other couples and they become all up in their business where they don't belong.  This aspect seems to be getting worse every season and I think it sabotages their chances of success.  

Now that she's had sex with Miguel, Lindy is acting way insecure.  Did she expect him to suddenly profess his undying love for her and an ironclad forever commitment like Justin did after only a few days?  Maybe she should have waited a little bit until she was sure he was smitten with her before having sex.  She seems a little naive and immature in her expectations of this process.  Despite what anyone says they can have a change of heart and back out of a marriage or any relationship at any time.  Miguel was being realistic in his intentions.  He will put in the effort to make it work but in the end he can't say for sure how he's going to feel in 8 weeks.  That's the most anyone could realistically expect out of this after a handful of days.  Anything more is too much because they may end up eating their words if they take it further before they know how they feel.  I personally trust Miguel more for being rational and honest than I would trust Justin's protestations of love.  He just met Alexis, how can he love her already?  I mean, really love her?  He is so immature.  What he's feeling is really infatuation.  Every time he opens his mouth it's like he's still 15.

And speaking of Justin, he and Alexis are insufferable together.  I'm not buying what they're selling with all this "I love you" and kissy-face stuff.  I think they're going to have big fights and drama eventually.

Also insufferable are Morgan and Binh.  Both have too-high expectations and constant verbal over-analysis.   Like Justin and Alexis they pay a lot of lip service to all the great things they're going to do but it's not adding up to what's really happening.  They're another couple headed for friction and fights.  Both are self centered and immature.  He was wrong to blab about her missing credit to graduate and made a big deal about a nothingburger.  That's all these people do is blab about their spouse to everyone else.  Its very destructive to a relationship.

I found what Miguel said about Nate interesting as we here on the board have also had our reservations about Nate.  Are we picking up on something real or is what people are reacting to only based on a superficial impression?  And Stacia's baggage is such that she projects it onto everyone, even LIndy and Miguel.  She needs to get a grip on that.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

This was honestly one of the best MAFS episodes I can recall.

People expressing their feelings like adults.

The issues feel genuine.

People are being called out instead of tiptoeing around issues.

It just felt very organic with little filler.

Justin may have been a bit over the top but I truly don't know why Morgan in here. I don't think she has the time or the patience for a marriage right now. I don't like it when I feel like people are doing this show to just slot a person into their single live instead of actually creating a new life together with someone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So the lie is just her missing a credit for her BSN credit? Bottom line is she IS a nurse! I much ado about nothing. 

No, I think we have another Olajuwon where someone is fully established and secure financially and they want to keep it that way.

I honestly think Morgan lied a bunch on her application to get put on and this is just a tip of the iceberg.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

What business is it of Stacia's if Lindy is having sex with her own husband?

Stacia and Justin were both projecting their previous baggage onto other spouses. They said as much. It also doesn't mean they are wrong. It just explains why they are overly invested.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

After watching again this morning, imo, Mitch is the smartest of the whole group.  The pouncing on her was all the liquor they drink, plus what she said about having sex .  He thinks she would like to have sex now, so he went for it.  I hope she realizes that, and btw, I think they will make it in the end.  Just my opinion.  I wouldn’t have revealed that to anyone either.  TMI.

• Love 2

If Morgan had just told Binh something along the lines of, "Oh, I'm so excited...I only have ONE more course to left to complete by BSN. After that's done, then it'll be a nice pay raise!, it would have been a much different situation. 

Personally, I don't find Binh attractive at all. He's one of those types that thinks finding someone who checks off boxes is the key to happiness. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, gwen747 said:

If Morgan had just told Binh something along the lines of, "Oh, I'm so excited...I only have ONE more course to left to complete by BSN. After that's done, then it'll be a nice pay raise!, it would have been a much different situation. 

Personally, I don't find Binh attractive at all. He's one of those types that thinks finding someone who checks off boxes is the key to happiness. 

She might have.  The conversation we saw was the second one about it.  The one after Bihn told Justin ‘everything’ he and Morgan  talked about the night before. What does ‘everything’ include?  The focus for the producers   was on the missing BSN credit, but listening closely, you can tell that the original conversation also included the student debt and the fact that Morgan doesn’t have a big investment  fund yet. 

on the beach, she asks him to understand that she’s not where he is financially Yet.  Unlike Lindy, I think Morgan does understand her financial situation and has a plan to tackle it.  

It’s too bad that Binh lives in  San Diego and Noi lives in Boston.  That would be a perfect match. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The experts match for drama.  Binh asked for a woman who was financially stable and close with family.  He gets the opposite.  Same with Lindy and Miguel.  In the real world, I don’t think most men spill the beans about their marriages like they are doing on this show.  Most are more close mouths.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Love 3