Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Semifinals 4

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hey, it’s Daniel Gil and his missus! They’re rooting for Isabella Wakeham via satellite. Daniel might not like COVID regulations, but he still loves that hair.

ETA: Holy moly, she did a reverse 270-degree fall from Kaleidoscope.

ETA2: Lorin Ball gets WWWA treatment, even though he finished the course. Haven’t thought of him in ages. Time wasn’t kind to his hairline, but he’s still has skills.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Wait, is Katie Bone diabetic? I'm not sure if they said.

(Then there was an ad for what looks like the same insulin pump system she was wearing.)

Sorry to see The Beast fall. 

And Austin on the Power Tower. Ouch. But I couldn't decide who to root for on that one so I was okay with either of them winning it.

45 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA2: Lorin Ball gets WWWA treatment, even though he finished the course. Haven’t thought of him in ages. 

lol...when they showed him I thought, "oh, hey, he's still doing this?"

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA2: Lorin Ball gets WWWA treatment, even though he finished the course. Haven’t thought of him in ages. Time wasn’t kind to his hairline, but he’s still has skills.

12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

lol...when they showed him I thought, "oh, hey, he's still doing this?"

Did they say he's a 13-time competitor who has made the finals 6 times?  I have absolutely no recollection of him.  Then again, he seems to be known more for skills than schtick, which I've got to respect.

• Love 1

Dan Gil has trained Isabella well and has reason to cheer for her.  She was the only female who made top 15.  

The other two women going to Las Vegas join the 'cannon fodder' group.  I think it was one of them who at the geriatric age of 17 pronounced how happy she was to do something or other because she had been wanting to do it her whole life.    In my county, we have a fair and Tomato Wars.  In the Wars, teams fight with slightly rotten tomatoes.  I just wondered if that very young lady could dodge tomatoes as readily as she dodged the feelings of hundred of older contestants (who also have had whole lives leading up to the contests.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lovecat said:

Did they say he's a 13-time competitor who has made the finals 6 times?  I have absolutely no recollection of him.  Then again, he seems to be known more for skills than schtick, which I've got to respect.

Something like that. I remember him when he's on, but he's just not someone who I tend to wonder about when I haven't seen him in a while for some reason. I think his only real schtick is that he's a breakdancer (and sometimes does that before he starts) but they don't seem to focus on it like they do some other people's various talents.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, enoughcats said:

Dan Gil has trained Isabella well and has reason to cheer for her.  She was the only female who made top 15.  

The other two women going to Las Vegas join the 'cannon fodder' group.  I think it was one of them who at the geriatric age of 17 pronounced how happy she was to do something or other because she had been wanting to do it her whole life.    In my county, we have a fair and Tomato Wars.  In the Wars, teams fight with slightly rotten tomatoes.  I just wondered if that very young lady could dodge tomatoes as readily as she dodged the feelings of hundred of older contestants (who also have had whole lives leading up to the contests.)

Isabella actually fell on the 5th obstacle (joining Barclay as cannon fodder). The woman who made it through in the top 15 was the diabetic one, Katie.

• Useful 1
On 8/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, Lovecat said:

Did they say he's a 13-time competitor who has made the finals 6 times?  I have absolutely no recollection of him.

He’s usually in more memorable dress. I recall metallic MC Hammer pants one time. And, yes, some breakdancing atop the warped wall. 

Perfectly fine, although unexciting episode this week.  Again, I didn't really care who won the Power Tower.  About the only thing that surprised me was how young Austin Gray is.  

Speaking of the Power Tower, I only saw one of the "Powers of Tower" bros this year, and he got the WWWA treatment, which did not upset me that much.  Not all of the changes are bad.  

Without Flex, Alyssa, Megan, and Jessie, I'm less excited about the finals that I remember being for quite some time.  I think Megan 2.0 has a shot to at least make it to Stage 2.  Katie is also very impressive.  It would be great if Barclay did, too, but she's not the tallest of athletes, which can sometimes help.  I don't think we had any women finishers this year, which is something of a bummer.  I think Tianna has tons of potential, but she's never really had the run that I think she's capable of, except maybe a finals course several years back, and did really well.  

I will be rooting for Flip, Najee, and some of the other stars of yesteryear to qualify for the finals, but I won't be surprised if it's teen against teen.  

Edited by SophiaD
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1