Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E13: HOH #5, Nominations #5

• Start Topic

Damn, Daniel sounds like he’s actually being successful in making everyone change their allegiances.  Last ditch effort. For someone who’s a super fan, he failed miserably for 4 weeks so hope no one believes him.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, JD5166 said:

Finally rain storms and my cable is out the first thing wanted to watch today and I can’t! Damnit!!! 

My internet was down, too, but just came back.

1 minute ago, JD5166 said:

Finally rain storms and my cable is out the first thing wanted to watch today and I can’t! Damnit!!! 

Michael won HoH although Kyle came very close. A balance beam maze through a dog park.

• Like 1

Lol turner roll that tape, glad someone exposed her fakery. Monte Joseph volunteering to be on the block! Pawns have a bad track record.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 5

Ha ha Turner! He reminds me of this cat I know who is kind of sneaky and is on a separate wavelength from the other cats.

His leg sure got beat up from that fall during HOH!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Uh, Michael, taking Daniel out is your best move. Daniel's been putting the spotlight on you, saying everybody is giving you the check, etc.. You have to shut down that voice!

• Love 3

Daniel saying he will do anything to go further means Daniel will turn around and stab Michael in the back at the first opportunity.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Cockblocked by a muffin.  Whoda thunk it?

I doubt Jasmine actually asked them about her muffin, though. I think that was “looped.” We didn’t really see her asking that.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1

Watch out house, Daniel is ready to avenge Nicole!  He's gunning for you and if he gets the veto he's going to use it! 

Just the way he used it last week so that Nicole was put on the block.  

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Suddenly I have a hankering for some Lay’s potato chips.

I wonder if that's a product-placement deal.  It's not as if Ralphs (the SoCal Kroger affiliate) doesn't have their own store-brand chips.  (Which, btw, are just fine.)

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

How does Alyssa think she can beat Michael’s time by taking the longer path?

Alyssa didn't see which route Michael took.  That's why contestants in these comps aren't allowed to watch those who went first—to minimize any advantage from the random draw.

14 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I loathe Jasmine, but Turner?  Fucking with people's food is NEVER funny....especially when said person has an aversion to washing!!

If it makes you feel better, Turner cut off his piece of the muffin with a knife and fork.  He never touched the muffin with his hands, much less bit into it.

I'm all in favor of Turner trying to get Jasmine to blow up her game; it's to his great advantage to get the two of them on the block this week.  He'd be pretty certain to stay and this is his last chance use the "Festie Bestie" twist to break his "y'know, Turner's never been nominated" status and thus not eventually be first in line for pawn duty at a later, possibly-more-dangerous date.  (Of course, he could be targeted any time, but that's a different issue.)

Plus, he'd probably still like to pay Jasmine back for running his boy Pooch out of there and there's the compelling argument that people shouldn't want Jasmine in Jury (both as far as living in the JH, and because she'd probably vote in Paloma's honor or whatever).

I'd think Michael should consider this, too.  Not much point in taking a direct shot at Monte or Joseph when they still have Terrance to throw under the bus, but taking out Jasmine would allow Michael to build trust with Daniel and keep him in the House for assassin duty.  Just make it a formal deal (you won't go after each other until F4, and he can't touch Brittany or Taylor, either), and earn Turner's love in the process.  If others are annoyed that Daniel's being let off the hook, play up that Jasmine has already won HoH and you don't want to let her slide to the end, whereas Daniel's a dead man walking, etc.

JMO.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Uh, Michael, taking Daniel out is your best move. Daniel's been putting the spotlight on you, saying everybody is giving you the check, etc.. You have to shut down that voice!

For a super fan, Daniel's ploys are  just WAY too transparent to be believable. First Daniel going around on Monte like a broken record with his, “You’ve won it already. I’m voting for you to win” - in the middle of the crowded kitchen, no less - to be followed shortly after by Daniel going at Michael with “They might as well write you the check right now”…? Same tune on different instruments, and both painfully blatant attempts to shift an amazingly huge target off Daniel’s own back and onto others. Super-watcher, maybe - but superfan…?  My ass.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

If it makes you feel better, Turner cut off his piece of the muffin with a knife and fork.  He never touched the muffin with his hands, much less bit into it.

I don't give a bluedilly hell if he took a picture of it, the fact remains he knew it belonged to Jasmine and shouldn't have touched it.

Jokes like that makes me stabby.

Daniel seems like he'll end up as that bitter, angry old guy at the corner of the bar, endlessly complaining at how unfair life has been, taking little responsibility for anything. I hope he can gain a little self awareness after the show.

I really want a Taylor HOH soon. I can't stand Jasmine but I'm kind of surprised they let her even up on the beams, risking a fall.

I know he's putting a target on himself, but I kind of love him as the unlikely comp beast. Even given his competition.

When did I start liking Turner? 

It's good to know how easy it is to wage psychological warfare on Jasmine, lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I really want a Taylor HOH soon. I can't stand Jasmine but I'm kind of surprised they let her even up on the beams, risking a fall.

I kept thinking how funny it would be if everyone tried to throw it to her the way Christmas won a running race while in a cast.  It would have taken Jasmine FOREVER to get to that button at the "speed" she was travelling.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Daniel is basically the anti-Michael. Both are self-described superfans, both have dreamed a long time of being here, but two entirely different personalities. One of them is low key and observant, and thinks before he acts. The other is volatile and reactive, and can’t let go of a grudge. One of these personalities is well suited for playing the game, the other is well suited for watching from home.

I actually don’t think Daniel is a terrible person. He seems to have a good heart, and is probably a good and loyal friend to have. But he is a terrible BB player. Regardless of what has happened, he was never destined to do well.

Muffingate just proves what an attention-seeking drama queen Jasmine is. Nobody gets that upset over half a missing baked good unless they are 1) starving to death and that was their only source of food, 2) sentimentally attached because it was the last thing grandma ever made and now what will they remember her by, or 3) someone who needs the spotlight to shine on them AT ALL TIMES, CAN YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE BRIGHTER PLEASE. It’s a freaking muffin, Jasmine. Go eat a pickle and calm down.

Jasmine popping into the storeroom to interrupt Kyle and Alyssa made me laugh for about 5 minutes straight, though. As did all of Turner’s reactions. They could do an entire episode of Jasmine going off the rails punctuated by Turner’s reaction shots, and I would be very happy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh I'll vote Daniel being a terrible person after seeing how he treated Taylor.  Put me down for that one.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not excusing that behavior. He treated her terribly. And his failure to own up to that and make amends (as some others have) is a real character flaw. But I think his behavior stemmed from misunderstanding and had more to do with misplaced loyalty (to Paloma, then Nicole) and failure to release a grudge than personal malice. I don’t like him, and I think he deserves what’s coming to him, but I don’t think he had evil intent. JMO.

• Love 3

OMG I'm still laughing at "this muffin never did anything to anybody" along with Jasmine asking for the footage.

Those two clips are among the most (unintentionally) hilarious things ever on the show.

Jasmine is just such a ridiculous character. And Turner is the perfect nemesis for her.

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, vb68 said:

OMG I'm still laughing at "this muffin never did anything to anybody" along with Jasmine asking for the footage.

Those two clips are among the most (unintentionally) hilarious things ever on the show.

Jasmine is just such a ridiculous character. And Turner is the perfect nemesis for her.

Turner is channeling David Spade.

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not excusing that behavior. He treated her terribly. And his failure to own up to that and make amends (as some others have) is a real character flaw. But I think his behavior stemmed from misunderstanding and had more to do with misplaced loyalty (to Paloma, then Nicole) and failure to release a grudge than personal malice. I don’t like him, and I think he deserves what’s coming to him, but I don’t think he had evil intent. JMO.

I'm an incredibly loyal person.  Loyalty is something I value deeply.  Attacking people with no evidence and no basis doesn't show loyalty. Building grudges against bullied people because they're outcasts doesn't show loyalty.  Running out of a room based on a misunderstanding and screaming at somebody before you know the facts doesn't show loyalty.  It shows, indeed, that he is simply a bad person.  But that's my opinion.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Applause 9

Daniel has no one but himself to blame for this predicament. Kyle was ready to let Alyssa go and not use the veto. Monte didn;t want the veto used either. But Daniel had to insist on it and thus Nicole was sent home.

Tonight's episode's filler segments were better than usual. I loved the phantom ankle bump and Turner's reaction, as well as Muffingate. I also liked Kyle and Alyssa's dopey makeout session being interrupted by Jasmine's muffin inquisition.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 5