Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Enter the Dragon Gate

• Start Topic

In search of the Spirit Banner, Simon attempts to make a deal, unaware that Lexi, Danny and Shaw are on his tail. What they uncover leads them to Hong Kong while Danny becomes increasingly concerned with Violet's control over Lexi.

Original Airdate: August 7, 2022
116221_070.jpg
116764_18383.jpg

I'm sorry people don't like this show but I love it! Yes it is cheesy at times but it's funny, the characters are great and I love the exotic locales. I love that they actually go on location most of the time, pre-Covid and I love when they show the maps of where they are going and the improbability of all that traveling. I thought it was hilarious when Danny and Lexi came back to Vietnam and Shaw told them they smelled and they snarked back that considering they took a cargo plane out of Mongolia they smelled pretty good LOL. The scene with Danny faking a British accent as a delivery driver to stall Chan and his men was also really funny. And I loved the scenes when Lexi and Violet were using the silk fabrics to try to break into Chan's safe. Cirque du Soleil indeed! 

I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes and I really hope it gets renewed for another season and even put back on CBS next summer. It's just a fun summer adventure show! Watching it reminds me of the summer of 2019 when we were watching season 1 before the world changed. 

• Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, GiandujaPie said:

I'm sorry people don't like this show but I love it! Yes it is cheesy at times but it's funny, the characters are great and I love the exotic locales. I love that they actually go on location most of the time, pre-Covid and I love when they show the maps of where they are going and the improbability of all that traveling. I thought it was hilarious when Danny and Lexi came back to Vietnam and Shaw told them they smelled and they snarked back that considering they took a cargo plane out of Mongolia they smelled pretty good LOL. The scene with Danny faking a British accent as a delivery driver to stall Chan and his men was also really funny. And I loved the scenes when Lexi and Violet were using the silk fabrics to try to break into Chan's safe. Cirque du Soleil indeed! 

I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes and I really hope it gets renewed for another season and even put back on CBS next summer. It's just a fun summer adventure show! Watching it reminds me of the summer of 2019 when we were watching season 1 before the world changed. 

I think of this show as mindless entertainment.  I, too, enjoy the locales.  The multiple locales reminds me of a Bond movie and the way they show the map with where they are reminds me of Indiana Jones.

I am liking the addition of Violet this year and the actress who plays Lexi is great.  Matt Barr, however, is as wooden and awful an actor as ever.

I have never liked the actor who plays Simon, going back to his Battlestar Galactica days.  I think the showrunners are trying to make people feel sorry for him, but to me he's a useless turd that can be fed to the crocodiles as soon as possible.  I particularly can't stand the constant tremulous look of constipation that he seems to always put on.