Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: To Have And To Scold

• Start Topic

On 8/9/2022 at 1:01 PM, kittle1974 said:

So... nobody has anything to say about Patrick's... um... dancing?!? What the hell was that? I guess you have to give him props for trying, but that was absolutely horrendous. I hope Thais didn't waste too much of his money on that Sparky Polastri choreographed abomination. 😂

It was like he was practicing the African Anteater dance from Can't Buy Me Love 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Looks like Bilal’s son is the once with the dance moves this season! He was dancing his best life away. 

It was just sad seeing Big Em’s dad thinking “shit now I have to work another 3 years” and mom thinking “now I’ll never get that trip to [anywhere but Salina]”. Immediate evidence of the MAJOR collateral damage Emily causes her family. But you reap what you sow! I find it sad when parents let one child run the family. And I say this as an only child! There were times when my behavior would veer into Em territory and I would be corrected QUICK. Her disposition at the dinner telling the parents about the pregnancy was the exact opposite of what it should have been. She should have been mortified and groveling. Like Kobe was! Instead she’s like “ooops! lol! yolo! Dad can just keep on working and mom can keep dying inside!” Wouldn’t be surprised if the sister rightly hates her. Liked sis’ bit of shade about Em’s outrageous behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

Looks like Bilal’s son is the once with the dance moves this season! He was dancing his best life away. 

It was just sad seeing Big Em’s dad thinking “shit now I have to work another 3 years” and mom thinking “now I’ll never get that trip to [anywhere but Salina]”. Immediate evidence of the MAJOR collateral damage Emily causes her family. But you reap what you sow! I find it sad when parents let one child run the family. And I say this as an only child! There were times when my behavior would veer into Em territory and I would be corrected QUICK. Her disposition at the dinner telling the parents about the pregnancy was the exact opposite of what it should have been. She should have been mortified and groveling. Like Kobe was! Instead she’s like “ooops! lol! yolo! Dad can just keep on working and mom can keep dying inside!” Wouldn’t be surprised if the sister rightly hates her. Liked sis’ bit of shade about Em’s outrageous behavior. 

I guess as much as you're correct, the parents allow her to be the useless sack.if shite that she is. They could.tell them to move out, you have x months and you're out. Period. But they don't so I can't feel.bad for them.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, MrBuhBye said:

But then there would be no need for officiant, which is the widely used and generally accepted term.

I think we can ALL agree though that Papa Murphy's "change the way you pizza" is all kinds of wrong!

• Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, TazDevil said:

Since Patrick and Thighs lack the self awareness to be embarrassed for themselves, I was embarrassed for them and their awkward wedding dance. My immediate thought was, "I hope they didn't pay someone to choregraph that "dance". I mean, what was that? Cringeworthy pops into my mind immediately.

And the pregnancy reveal from Emily was exactly as I imagined it to be. Dad Emily expressing dismay, and Emily rolling her eyes and saying (paraphrasing), "DAD! Come on". Overgrown brat certainly follows a life-long script when dealing with her parents.  And it worked. GAG.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Adeejay said:

Every time I think Emily can’t get any more loathsome, she says, “hold this pork chop.”  I just can’t get over how flippant she was when Kobe told her family that she was pregnant.  Not one sign of remorse or embarrassment; her attitude was, “it is what it is, so deal.”  She runs that family; her parents are deathly afraid of her. 

Kobe felt terrible keeping that news from Emily's dad, and Emily just did not care!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Kobe felt terrible keeping that news from Emily's dad, and Emily just did not care!

She cares about nothing/no one but Emily. I don't know what her parents did WRONG while raising her, but nothing stops her.  Everything is About Emily...no matter who it is or what it's about.  I can see Kobe staying in a difficult marriage much longer than he wants to (like Biniyam) because of the children.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2022 at 1:38 PM, Rebky said:

Since Patrick and Thighs lack the self awareness to be embarrassed for themselves, I was embarrassed for them and their awkward wedding dance. My immediate thought was, "I hope they didn't pay someone to choregraph that "dance". I mean, what was that? Cringeworthy pops into my mind immediately.

Awwww, Rebky.  I'm old enough to be their grandmother...a good dancer in my day (community follies, local theater, clubs). It was fine...and sweet of him to try to learn something he explained was uncomfortable. I've seen very few wedding-couple first dance performances that were better.  (I give you a "Love" for the second part of your comment.)