Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: To Have And To Scold

• Start Topic

Bilal and Shaeeda: He used his sister/family to set up the house's living room area for the wedding? Cheaped out on a venue? Couldn't hire a few folks to set things up? Who provided the food (was there much of anything to eat?)? And the couple leaves the guests to retire to their room upstairs. Uh, no. Shaeeda, you looked lovely. Better with a stronger lip. Bilal does not deserve you. When you have time, take the bracelet to a jeweler to have it appraised, you know, for insurance purposes. Unless Bilalzebub already provided an 'appraisal'. His former wife gave it back to him? Hmmmm. Liked that the son fell asleep. And Bilal, your suit should have been taken to the cleaners for proper cleaning and pressing.

Patrick and Thais: Well, she did not complain about the makeup artist or hair person. The Gucci garbed officiant was sort of welcoming her to the mob. At least her dad got to watch and sulk. Patrick, you could have gone up a size in your suit or left it unbuttoned. That is what a good tailor does - makes the suit fit you properly. The Gucci mules were an odd choice of shoe. A lace-up would have been better. Good luck to the two of you and getting John to move out. Thais was a pretty trophy bride. What she actually brings to the relationship besides looking good is the question. I also did not like the vows for Thais that she was to support her husband's dreams. What about him supporting hers?

Kobe and Emily: Poor guy being stuck with her for a bit. Uh, maybe things will change and she will grow up, not be ennabled and learn to stand on her own two feet. If there are not many job opportunities for him in small town Salinas, he may need to consider moving to a bigger town or city. He also may want to be around more black people, especially those from Africa. Felt badly for him wanting to tell her dad about the baby, being told to keep it secret for a bit. Maybe her dad started to actually like him and wondered how his daughter could find a seemingly kind and decent man. Over time, they could have a good relationship. Ems looked like she wore the gown she tried on. A bit of work on the hair would have helped. The venue and the cheap chairs and tables sucked, but it was a rushed wedding. And then they informed the family about the baby and Ems being almost 2 months along. Poor dad at having to support them all til Ems can get a job, or Kobe's work permit comes and something turns up for him.

Jibby and Miona: I can see why the parents didn't go to what seemed like nothing more than a photo shoot. Waiting hours for Igor to drive up with that artistic 'arch'? I felt like I was watching an Instagram story or something. Jibby's 'vows' were last minute - and that he would learn to say 'I love you' in every language. I am waiting for Klingon and Gorn. Dumb and superficial. Miona's, I hoped, were more sincere but it sounded like she looked up vows on the internet, found something about twin flames and she turned herself in to one, thinking the Universe conspired to make her and Jibby meet. Yeah, it does, but maybe when she was a bit older and not living in some fairytale of her own making. Maybe she likes musicians, maybe she hangs around bands and wanted that kind of lifestyle. But she ended up with Jibby, who isn't really going anywhere. Grandma did a nice ceremony, but it all just seemed fake and hollow.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:
17 hours ago, Breedom said:

As far as Jibri's parents, I have no idea what their problem is but missing their son's wedding is inexcusable. The mom being a therapist, should know better than anyone that she should be supportive of her son. She was a no-show and I hope that Jibri doesn't let her off the hook.

He told her the date with very short notice, told her the location (9 hours drive, I think they said?), and wouldn't change any of it when his parents said they couldn't get off work at that short notice or for that long (3 days, I'd guess). I don't blame his parents at all for not going. They spent many weeks asking when the wedding would be, told him in advance they couldn't go that far on such short notice. He is free to make his own decision, but he is not free from the consequences of his decision. Not everyone has flexible jobs or employers. Parents were NTA, I say.

thanks, I missed this, makes total sense.  Yeah, really weird 'wedding', They could have just gone to a nice park and some studio shots for all that.  No guests, food, nothing.  Grandma had a lot of patience.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Patrick and Thais: Well, she did not complain about the makeup artist or hair person. The Gucci garbed officiant was sort of welcoming her to the mob.

And who shows to a wedding in a track suit?  Almost disrespectful, but seemed to go with the theme.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, jabRI said:

thanks, I missed this, makes total sense.  Yeah, really weird 'wedding', They could have just gone to a nice park and some studio shots for all that.  No guests, food, nothing.  Grandma had a lot of patience.

Someone here looked up the distance. It’s a 20 hour plus drive from Debris’ house to Joshua Tree. Plus, I’m convinced that they were already married, his parents were there at the real wedding, and this was a cooked up story.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

Miona & jibri’s wedding was such a joke. Nothing more then a photoshoot op for instagram. She stressed sooo much about that damn arch that was so “important” but made sure she had all the makeup needed & photographer glued to her hip. I wouldn’t be surprised if the wedding album wasnt mostly pictures of her.  

I can’t stop laughing over the guy wearing the Gucci sweat shirt/pants set that officiated Pat & Thasis. 

Even he knows it won’t last!  

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, jabRI said:

And who shows to a wedding in a track suit?  Almost disrespectful, but seemed to go with the theme.

My mind went to that flashy preacher in New York that got robbed while delivering his Sunday sermon, he was wearing a Gucci suit too, lol.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong quote,but honestly even Tony Soprano would have worn a suit, c'mon!

Patrick's friends are an interesting bunch. 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Miona & jibri’s wedding was such a joke. Nothing more then a photoshoot op for instagram. She stressed sooo much about that damn arch that was so “important” but made sure she had all the makeup needed & photographer glued to her hip. I wouldn’t be surprised if the wedding album wasnt mostly pictures of her.  

I can’t stop laughing over the guy wearing the Gucci sweat shirt/pants set that officiated Pat & Thasis. 

Even he knows it won’t last!  

The couples’ thread is illuminating.

4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bilal and Shaeeda: He used his sister/family to set up the house's living room area for the wedding? Cheaped out on a venue? Couldn't hire a few folks to set things up? Who provided the food (was there much of anything to eat?)? And the couple leaves the guests to retire to their room upstairs. Uh, no. Shaeeda, you looked lovely. Better with a stronger lip. Bilal does not deserve you. When you have time, take the bracelet to a jeweler to have it appraised, you know, for insurance purposes. Unless Bilalzebub already provided an 'appraisal'. His former wife gave it back to him? Hmmmm. Liked that the son fell asleep. And Bilal, your suit should have been taken to the cleaners for proper cleaning and pressing.

Patrick and Thais: Well, she did not complain about the makeup artist or hair person. The Gucci garbed officiant was sort of welcoming her to the mob. At least her dad got to watch and sulk. Patrick, you could have gone up a size in your suit or left it unbuttoned. That is what a good tailor does - makes the suit fit you properly. The Gucci mules were an odd choice of shoe. A lace-up would have been better. Good luck to the two of you and getting John to move out. Thais was a pretty trophy bride. What she actually brings to the relationship besides looking good is the question. I also did not like the vows for Thais that she was to support her husband's dreams. What about him supporting hers?

Kobe and Emily: Poor guy being stuck with her for a bit. Uh, maybe things will change and she will grow up, not be ennabled and learn to stand on her own two feet. If there are not many job opportunities for him in small town Salinas, he may need to consider moving to a bigger town or city. He also may want to be around more black people, especially those from Africa. Felt badly for him wanting to tell her dad about the baby, being told to keep it secret for a bit. Maybe her dad started to actually like him and wondered how his daughter could find a seemingly kind and decent man. Over time, they could have a good relationship. Ems looked like she wore the gown she tried on. A bit of work on the hair would have helped. The venue and the cheap chairs and tables sucked, but it was a rushed wedding. And then they informed the family about the baby and Ems being almost 2 months along. Poor dad at having to support them all til Ems can get a job, or Kobe's work permit comes and something turns up for him.

Jibby and Miona: I can see why the parents didn't go to what seemed like nothing more than a photo shoot. Waiting hours for Igor to drive up with that artistic 'arch'? I felt like I was watching an Instagram story or something. Jibby's 'vows' were last minute - and that he would learn to say 'I love you' in every language. I am waiting for Klingon and Gorn. Dumb and superficial. Miona's, I hoped, were more sincere but it sounded like she looked up vows on the internet, found something about twin flames and she turned herself in to one, thinking the Universe conspired to make her and Jibby meet. Yeah, it does, but maybe when she was a bit older and not living in some fairytale of her own making. Maybe she likes musicians, maybe she hangs around bands and wanted that kind of lifestyle. But she ended up with Jibby, who isn't really going anywhere. Grandma did a nice ceremony, but it all just seemed fake and hollow.

I grew to like Thais a lot. I think she's pretty sensible. I can see her following Julianna's "mens don't controls me" path, although I hope she and Patrick will stay together happily. I do wish she were more understanding about John living there; cohousing is not uncommon. I have family who lived happily in such a situation with friends who weren't relatives, and with children. Maybe they should get a duplex.

I think Emily and Kobe would have much better employment opportunities in a bigger city. Emily is not at all stupid; she should be able to get some kind of remote work these days if she stays in the current area. And Kobe is not stupid either, far from it, and I feel he's a very reliable employee. (Of course, not being stupid doesn't include not using birth control. That was stupid.)

Wondering about Emily's sister - does she live with the parents, too? She's always there.

I liked Jibri's opening lines to his vows. (travel the world to hug you/learn every language to say I love you) I thought they'd make decent song lyrics, much better than the ones we've heard. I wish his mom had thought ahead about whether she wanted her non-appearance to be a lifetime sad memory, because now it will be. What were she and his dad trying to prove?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 3

Jibris country song was pretty darn good!  Maybe he is a musician!  They can make really good money writing songs.  Every country singer is looking for 'that' song to sing!

I wonder if it's over on YouTube.  I'd like to hear the whole song!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jibris country song was pretty darn good!  Maybe he is a musician!  They can make really good money writing songs.  Every country singer is looking for 'that' song to sing!

I wonder if it's over on YouTube.  I'd like to hear the whole song!

The music video with the full song is in the couples thread.

• Useful 1
42 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The music video with the full song is in the couples thread.

Thank you!  I watched it twice.  I really liked it.  Not professional but a great first try.

I agree that wasn't a wedding.  It was a music video.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you!  I watched it twice.  I really liked it.  Not professional but a great first try.

I agree that wasn't a wedding.  It was a music video.

Maybe this show will give him the exposure to link up with someone in Nashville!

• Like 1

Maybe TLC can make a best of album like KTel Records use to make, all the songs recorded by the 90 Day Singers. 

5 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Maybe this show will give him the exposure to link up with someone in Nashville!

Jobjab said he has never done a country song so I am not sure why he did one now but it was better than the one we heard in the recording studio. I am sure he has dreams of Nashville fame, maybe 90 Day could be retooled in to a talent show of sorts because the marriage stuff is overly scripted fake so why not be honest and take the wedding stuff out of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I felt Like Jibri making his wedding vows into some sort of rap/rhyme/spoken word/whatever was self-serving and odd. I'm all for personalizing vows but that just felt weird. "I"/ " eye" lol.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I grew to like Thais a lot. I think she's pretty sensible. I can see her following Julianna's "mens don't controls me" path, although I hope she and Patrick will stay together happily. I do wish she were more understanding about John living there; cohousing is not uncommon. I have family who lived happily in such a situation with friends who weren't relatives, and with children. Maybe they should get a duplex.

It makes me wonder how many people live in Thais' family home. I bet the whole extended family does. And what of the "traditional family values" that these imports supposedly hold? Guess they only apply to their own families. I can see why a newlywed couple wouldn't want a roommate, especially one as intrusive and mouthy as John. It would make a LOT more sense to get a duplex or a place with an in-law apartment. But when have any of our 90Day couples shown even a modicum of sense?

6 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I'm quite sure that was the aim all along. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I am so very, very tired of having to hear from all of the "singers" this show trots out as looking for their forever love.  There was the one from South America who married and ended up in Chicago, I think.  They ended up divorcing.  Then there was Evelyn, who ended up divorcing.  Usman (several seasons), etc.  And now Jibri who we have had to listen (and he even changed music genres).  I don't know why the producers seem enamored of having these 'musicians' as part of the cast.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't know why the producers seem enamored of having these 'musicians' as part of the cast.

Except for Bilail and Patrick (bad as they are) they were the only people on the show that seemed to have real jobs.  Jibri, Ari and Emily mooched off their parents with no real plans for the future.  They can't even think about supporting themselves much less raising a family once you factor in insurance, rent, car payments, day care....sure, have your mma/singing fantasy, why not?

Yve is the most mature one with the best work ethic.  Not sure about Kara's balloon career, doesn't seem to have a lot of long term potential? Maybe if she got into party planning also, expanded on the base?

Edited by jabRI
  • Love 1

So... nobody has anything to say about Patrick's... um... dancing?!? What the hell was that? I guess you have to give him props for trying, but that was absolutely horrendous. I hope Thais didn't waste too much of his money on that Sparky Polastri choreographed abomination. 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, endure said:

I posted this link re Rinna commenting on Denise being on OF's on Denise's page here but it really belongs here maybe - she also makes comments about her bad behaviour and of course she blames it on losing Lois.  You know how we all act out when we lose a loved one ~ NOT!?! 😕

https://people.com/tv/lisa-rinna-loves-that-denise-richards-is-on-onlyfans/

Did you mean to post this on some Housewives thread?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kittle1974 said:

So... nobody has anything to say about Patrick's... um... dancing?!? What the hell was that? I guess you have to give him props for trying, but that was absolutely horrendous. I hope Thais didn't waste too much of his money on that Sparky Polastri choreographed abomination. 😂

Patrick's moves did not include jazz hands...such a shame.

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Police are looking for an ask murderer in my area.

Touche! 😂

Also, a quick internet search confirms that officiate is a real word pertaining specifically to someone officiating a wedding, who knew?! The LEARNING Channel pulled a learning moment out of their rotting asshole. Color me shocked!

If Shaeeda married Bilal, which she apparently did, then she deserves the lifetime of hell that living with this miserly, man splaining ass hat will bring her. And good luck with the children, cause bro aint getting her preggers any time soon, it was written all over his face. I would not put it past him to have a vasectomy unbeknowst to Shaeeda, and then gaslight her that it's 'her fault' not his. That's how disgusting he is.

Patrick needs to ask his douche bro to move out. It's time. I think Thais has every right to not want to start married life with a drunken frat bro as a roomie. Patrick needs to also get some new friends because that crew is pretty motley.

Good luck to Guillermo, he's gonna need it! Seems like a nice kid who married to young and to a shrew.

Miona is going to keep JibJab's balls in a little jar by her bedside for the rest of his life. He will have to live every day filled with Instagram-worthy moments in this fake life that Miona is obsessed with. Good luck with that, I hate to say it but your mother was right Jibby...

Yve would do well to send her King back to his Country and move on. He'll be gone once he gets a green card. Sadly, if the cheating rumors are true, Yve would still not kick him out because for some reason she think's he's hot. I imagine he is shitty in the sack, lacks skills and isn't interested in learning how to please anyone but himself. It's astounding that his uber traditional looking mother told him to suck it up and please his wife. That was the biggest surprise in a season that was literally a bucket of shite.

Also good luck to Kobe, he's gonna need it. He NEEDS to move them to Ohio or somewhere where there is a strong Cameroonian/African community, hopefully with good lawyers so he can some day get at least full shared custody with that slothful creature, because no way will this union last. Its like hitching your wagon to a freight train and expecting it one day to turn into The Simplon Orient Express. Aint gonna happen.

Oh, and Ari and Bini, sweet baby jeebus, enough with these two losers already.

To sum up this season: Losers, check. Lazy sloths, check. Bitches, check. Assholes, check. People who should not be allowed to procreate, check. Another season of fake ass fuckery, check, Check, CHECK, C.H.E.C.K. (that was for you, @Mrs. Hanson !).

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Also, a quick internet search confirms that officiate is a real word pertaining specifically to someone officiating a wedding, who knew?!

Sources?  I just looked and all of the major dictionaries said it is only a verb.

• Like 2

What amazed me was all of those coming over, with the tiny unrealistic exception of Bini, is that they had 3 months in a new country before they got married.  I saw no one going to a career counselor, talking to people at local community colleges, even researching job boards in the area.  What did they think, as soon as the green card came, employers were going to be looking for them?  Just bizarre.  At least Kobe realized he'd have better prospects in a more urban setting than the middle of horse country.   Where there's a community of African immigrants, it's likely they'd  have support in getting jobs and a place to stay. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Just found out that Bilal & Shaeeda are going to be on "Happily Ever After".  Based on the fact that they are so boring, I can't help but wonder why they were chosen.  As much as I despise Emily, I would rather follow their story, instead.  Even Patrick, Thais and John would be more interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jabRI said:

What amazed me was all of those coming over, with the tiny unrealistic exception of Bini, is that they had 3 months in a new country before they got married.  I saw no one going to a career counselor, talking to people at local community colleges, even researching job boards in the area.  What did they think, as soon as the green card came, employers were going to be looking for them?  Just bizarre.  At least Kobe realized he'd have better prospects in a more urban setting than the middle of horse country.   Where there's a community of African immigrants, it's likely they'd  have support in getting jobs and a place to stay. 

That's because these people are either fake or fame where's seeking their easy 15 min of souk sucking fame. I know a few couples where the SO came from another country and they all knew for certain that this was forever BEFORE they applied for the K-90 visa. And yes, they had already begun seeking out employment opportunities before they even arrived. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Sources?  I just looked and all of the major dictionaries said it is only a verb.

I've always thought it was a noun, too.  Crap, maybe now I can't get frustrated when people use "invite" as a noun.

eta:  Officiant is the word I was thinking of.

Edited by Johann
1 minute ago, Johann said:

I've always thought it was a noun, too.  Crap, maybe now I can't get frustrated when people use "invite" as a noun.

But then there would be no need for officiant, which is the widely used and generally accepted term.

• Mind Blown 1
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But then there would be no need for officiant, which is the widely used and generally accepted term.

Which is why I added that "officiant" was the word I was thinking of.  

Your post wasn't there before I edited, but maybe we posted at the same time....

On 8/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Police are looking for an ask murderer in my area.

Dead. Dead and buried. But not before I snorted so loudly it woke my cat up. 

Thank you dearly for the laugh - I needed it!

Now I'm going to re-watch "So I Married an Ask Murderer" ....

Edited by hookedontv
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Bilal’s son falling asleep has me DEAD, hands down the worst wedding.

Anyone surprised that Emily rolled her eyes when she said her I Do?

Anyone surprised Miona & Jibri spent more time taking photos? And placing so much importance in a Arch (because it’s part of their photo shoot)?

Track suit. Sunglasses. Hands in pockets. I wanted to call the wedding police.

I thought Thais looked beautiful and Patrick is very clearly in love. They were sweet and I bet that party was fun.

Emily’s dad just wants to fucking retire, LOL. He totally can - and let Emily and Kobe figure it out on their own - but it seems like he knows they can’t pull through and feels the need to keep working. Sad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Bilal’s son falling asleep has me DEAD, hands down the worst wedding.

Unfortunately, he appears to be Bilal's Mini-Me in both looks and mannerisms (but without the Hood Bougie background story.) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Unfortunately, he appears to be Bilal's Mini-Me in both looks and mannerisms (but without the Hood Bougie background story.) 

Bilal's probably holding on to the old house so that when his Mini-Me finds the "love of his life," his son can pull the same "prank" as Bilal did Sheeda to determine if she's a gold digger. You know, like passing down a family heirloom.

• Sad 3
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Bilal's probably holding on to the old house so that when his Mini-Me finds the "love of his life," his son can pull the same "prank" as Bilal did Sheeda to determine if she's a gold digger. You know, like passing down a family heirloom.

You mean the third love of his life.

• LOL 8
On 8/9/2022 at 12:01 PM, kittle1974 said:

Damn I had mentally blocked that horrible scene; now it has resurfaced. 🥲

• LOL 2

Oops wrong thread.   Actually, I was right.  Sheedas food spread was very sparse for hers and his families. She cooked.  All I saw was pockets, avacados and white rice.  Was that it for two families?  This was the night before the wedding.

Edited by kristen111
  • Wink 1