Type keyword(s) to search

Kleo - General Discussion

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

I'm halfway through this and am enjoying it. I always like a revenge drama, and this is certainly that. The tone is just right, IMO: slightly tongue-in-cheek/cartoonish, but everyone plays it straight.

It's interesting to watch Kleo adjust to the realities of post-Wall Berlin and Germany. There are a bunch of details sprinkled throughout, like West Germans moving into East Berlin because it's so much cheaper, old Party members taking easily to capitalism, etc.

• Love 1

A few eps in. Love the historical aspect, but struggling with the fact Kleo isn’t very good at her job, post unification. Did she make puffer fish poison? She threw a guy out a window instead. She got caught by a watching KGB agent. She couldn’t even protect herself in prison. She is persistent, but not especially talented.

UPDATE: Add to that not being aware that some poisons are contact poisons (even I was thinking she shouldn't touch the coffee glass), being surprised by an old housekeeper and being driven off the road by a very pregnant lady.

Still, an enjoyable ride overall. Lots of interesting characters, even if some actions didn’t make sense.

Edited by Ottis