Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: You Want All the Juicy Details?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I can't understand why he's set his sights on Janae and now has to promote polygamy in the remote chance that she's interested. He should have started out by auditioning women he KNEW wanted that lifestyle, maybe from social media like the other horndogs on this show, then narrowed down the field from the crop of willing women. 

Marcus seems obsessed with women he wanted who were not interested in him back in the day.  Both Bina (sp?) and Janae fit this mold.  He probably has some girl he was interested in in 1st grade that he'll be ringing up next. 

It's so clear that India is in no way interested in adding another wife to the mix. She's learned to work as a triad.  She is not looking to keep adding new women so Marcus can feel more special. 

I don't see Ick moving to Brazil.  Seems like that would be too hard for him.  Besides, his business is in Colorado.  It's not like it's remote work; he needs to be there or to trust everyone else to take care of everything.  I doubt Bert's interest will remain if he's not bringing in good money. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, magemaud said:
12 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Marcus if you have to “sell” Janae on the polygamous lifestyle she’s not ever going to be interested. 

Expand  

I can't understand why he's set his sights on Janae and now has to promote polygamy

If he simply talked to women already interested in polygamy he couldn’t show off how magically alluring he is. He is a predator, the manipulation is part of the appeal for him

ETA: I ended up quoting too much of a thread

Edited by nightmeri
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I thought the original plan for the Merrifields was to move to Brazil if Bert couldn’t get to the United States.  Dannielle is 100 percent correct when she told Ick that if they didn’t all live together then they wouldn’t be the family/life style they are trying to achieve.   He is not about that anymore, he just wants to be able to have sex with Bert and possibly other women with everyone’s blessing.  HIs fawning and crying over Bert especially in front of Dannielle is disgusting and I want to hit him!

Spoiler

I heard that Jennifer of Nick the big brain fame is pregnant.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I watched. Danielle? Run girl. Run. Also as a 47 year old, I am working on not contributing to age shaming. Danielle doesn’t even have an age weathered face yet when they showed her age at 32? I was like gURL- u SEEM so beaten down. I thought she was older- that this whole nonsense was sold to her because she had aged out of child bearing. She is very pretty - still young looking and is YOUNG but this trash can situationship has aged her soul. RUN Girl. This stupid crying mess of a sociopath following his penis is not worth it. 
Marcus is so unattractive and he is a TROLL Janea is clearly here for the paycheck and the free drinks. And the tea. Marcus has been batting outside his level his whole life. And it has made him ridiculously delusional. 

• Love 9

Sorry I haven't read this whole thread before replying but I can't do the live chat and I feel like that's what most of it is so I'm taking the lazy way out!  I just watched this tonight and to be honest I'm losing interest in a lot of these fakers.

From now on I will be FFing through the Ohio congressman and his shenanigans.  As someone earlier said - he's just pulling every ex-girlfriend out for their 15 minutes of fame as he tries to "lure" them into his "lifestyle".  Maybe those other two are his "wives"; they've obviously decided, whoever they are, to play good cop/bad cop with the prospectives. and after he announced tonight that that was the "craziest" date he'd ever been on - really?  The one where you told a gal you'd like her to be your 3rd wife in a harem and she wasn't into it?  Crazy!  But then she came back and I hit the FF button - done with them.

I don't know if this was tonight or next week's preview, but Boat Boy is going to ask April to move in.  Okay sure.  Your wife doesn't like her and your daughter hates the whole idea - it's totally believable that you'd invite her to move in.  Done with them.

I'm starting to wonder if The Thinker's tribe isn't just a couple of lesbians who live in a small house and are playing this game with their male friend.  I'm not quite done with them 😄

Tosha and Sidian I thought were who they claimed to be - too cool for the rest of us with their avant-garde lifestyle; always having to be different.  And she has the crazy eyes. But her mom said something tonight about "When she and Sidian first told her dad and me about their lifestyle and looking for another wife . . . " WAIT!  Didn't they tell you and her dad when she was becoming his second wife whilst the first was supposedly still in the picture??? They need to get their story straight!  Not done with them!

Then of course, the sad and sorrowful Dannielle.  Why on earth her family won't sit down and have a tough love conversation with her is beyond my comprehension.  What was not beyond my comprehension was D. mentioned having been sending Bert $$$.  Aha!  It makes so much more sense now.  And if she gets pregnant it would not be a big deal at all in her culture, and the $$$ will keep on coming and coming.  She probably doesn't realize she may get Ick on her doorstep as well 😏 This is the story I mostly believe is true (Leah was obviously there to be on tv, and yes D. was into it to make Bert cry and worry) but these two have built that house and gotten divorced! I think she married very young, still thinks she loves him and has 2 kids so she's trying to hang on by going along with his nonsense.  He meanwhile is "in love" with Bert and if she lived down the road from them he'd run out of his house like his butt was on fire.  I was wondering what Bert's game was since I don't think she wants to leave her sick mom to play second fiddle, but the $$ is the reason.  If what they say is true I think his family is shunning him (like the Amish!) hoping he will see sense.  And her family is too cowardly to do anything, other than her mom's few passive-aggressive digs.  And D. seems to have inherited both of those characteristics.  This family is who I'm watching for.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I don't see Ick moving to Brazil.  Seems like that would be too hard for him.  Besides, his business is in Colorado.  It's not like it's remote work; he needs to be there or to trust everyone else to take care of everything.  I doubt Bert's interest will remain if he's not bringing in good money. 

He's so desperate to crawl into Bert's vagina that he's talking wild. BUT, if he ever did move to Brazil, or go there for several months on a "trial basis", well, you know what would happen. He'd expect Dannnnnnnielle to stay behind and run the business. Raising his kids and maintaining his house and sending him checks. I despise that soggy worm.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's so desperate to crawl into Bert's vagina that he's talking wild. BUT, if he ever did move to Brazil, or go there for several months on a "trial basis", well, you know what would happen. He'd expect Dannnnnnnielle to stay behind and run the business. Raising his kids and maintaining his house and sending him checks. I despise that soggy worm.

I have to walk away from the TV when he's on sometimes. I get in a rage. Marcus is trash but he doesn't enrage me the way Ick does. Marcus's slime oozes off him and I think most women see him coming. Ick gets on this high horse of GOD when the only GOD he is thinking of is his penis.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I watched. Danielle? Run girl. Run. Also as a 47 year old, I am working on not contributing to age shaming. Danielle doesn’t even have an age weathered face yet when they showed her age at 32? I was like gURL- u SEEM so beaten down. I thought she was older- that this whole nonsense was sold to her because she had aged out of child bearing. She is very pretty - still young looking and is YOUNG but this trash can situationship has aged her soul. RUN Girl.

She's still young enough to have more children. According to the internet she's 34, about to turn 35. She could still have one or two more. I just wonder if that's the appeal for her. Did she always want more kids? She got real excited when showing her parents around the house and saying that the one room was a nursery. And something about they could fit two babies in there. Not that I think either idea is good- Dannielle having more kids with Ick or Berta having kids with Ick. I would leave him in a heart beat.

It looks like in the previews that Jennifer is pregnant. Refresh my memory. Did April or Nick have kids from previous relationships or am I confusing them with a different family?

Edited by applewood
wanted to clarify
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, applewood said:

It looks like in the previews that Jennifer is pregnant. Refresh my memory. Did April or Nick have kids from previous relationships or am I confusing them with a different family?

April has a son, and even though she said she has been with Nick since college he seems to have a different dad who snuck in there somehow.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Ick and all that crying!!! My Gawd!! Get a damn grip!! You'd think she had the golden vag or something!!

I really think he's just OVER THE MOON crazy for Roberta.  Poor Dannnielle.  She's thinking this will make him happy.  I actually think if Roberta DIDN"T go to Colorado, Ick would pack his shit and go to Brazil FOR LIFE.  Buh-bye to Dannnielle, kids, her parents, his family, their dogs, the business.  The WHOLE ENCHILADA!

At least Dannnnielle has her brother Sam and his wife, Samantha.  I think they're all gonna go down the tubes if Dannnnielle doesn't get a grip and SOON.  Shit, they're already divorced; maybe she should just cut her losses and RUN!  Those poor boys of theirs are probably screwed up for life - having SUCH an asshat for a Dad.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, candall said:

". . . . that God blesses us, and we get tickets booked. . . " and that I don't have to wear a condom. . .

.... and my first wife will take over the business, stay in Colorado and send me and Roberta a BUNCH of $$$$ cause we're gonna need it.... and she sends the good kleenex..... and wait, whut? I have two sons???

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, applewood said:

She's still young enough to have more children. According to the internet she's 34, about to turn 35. She could still have one or two more.

I feel like there was a discussion in their first season about her not wanting to have more kids and that was part of the appeal of Ick taking on another wife. Am I totally making that up? Lord knows I'm not gonna go back and rewatch the series  lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Honestly, I don't for one second believe Nick is the actual dominant in that family, they are just playing it that way for the show so that they fit into the premise.   The dynamics of their interactions indicate to me that April is the one who is actually in charge.  Watch closely at their body language and non verbal cues and I think you'll see what I'm talking about, it is subtle but undeniable if you know what to look for.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:47 PM, princelina said:

Sorry I haven't read this whole thread before replying but I can't do the live chat and I feel like that's what most of it is so I'm taking the lazy way out!  I just watched this tonight and to be honest I'm losing interest in a lot of these fakers.

<snip>

Don't worry, live chat doesn't appeal to me at all so I just skip the first 1 1/2 - 2 pages of clutter to get to the episode posts for some of the more considered thoughts. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, applewood said:

She's still young enough to have more children. According to the internet she's 34, about to turn 35. She could still have one or two more. I just wonder if that's the appeal for her. Did she always want more kids? She got real excited when showing her parents around the house and saying that the one room was a nursery. And something about they could fit two babies in there. Not that I think either idea is good- Dannielle having more kids with Ick or Berta having kids with Ick. I would leave him in a heart beat.

Clearly the common denominator is Ick.  No one should have children with Ick.  No one should get near Ick unless they're wearing a rain poncho.  They may also want to make sure there is higher ground they can move to if his tears cause a flood. 

15 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Ick and all that crying!!! My Gawd!! Get a damn grip!! You'd think she had the golden vag or something!!

I really think he's just OVER THE MOON crazy for Roberta.  Poor Dannnielle.  She's thinking this will make him happy.  I actually think if Roberta DIDN"T go to Colorado, Ick would pack his shit and go to Brazil FOR LIFE.  Buh-bye to Dannnielle, kids, her parents, his family, their dogs, the business.  The WHOLE ENCHILADA!

At least Dannnnielle has her brother Sam and his wife, Samantha.  I think they're all gonna go down the tubes if Dannnnielle doesn't get a grip and SOON.  Shit, they're already divorced; maybe she should just cut her losses and RUN!  Those poor boys of theirs are probably screwed up for life - having SUCH an asshat for a Dad.

I originally said that Ick would not move to Brazil because of his business.  However, if these clowns continue to enable him, he could.  Dannielle would continue to do the accounting for the business. I'm sure he has good crew foremen, etc. because I cannot imagine Ick leading a construction crew.  Dannielle never should have agreed to divorce him.  She could have gotten the new house and the business. She seems to be the one of the two that has the common sense to keep a business running.  

13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I am an occasional watcher so please remind me, did Dannnielle have a boob job one season? If so, was it mentioned on the show or did she just magically appear with a new pair? 

IIRC she got miraculously larger between seasons.  It was not mentioned on the show. (Feel free to correct me if someone has a better memory). I give her points for going fuller without going enormous. The Danielle of last season is not the Dannielle of this season. 

• Love 5
On 8/2/2022 at 2:44 AM, ladyscorpio said:

It's annoying and I really want Danielle to stand up for herself and her boys and not put up with this nightmare situation any longer. I know it's easier said than done though. It makes it harder for her to leave him having kids with him. I feel bad for her boys. I'm sure they must be feeling scared and worried that their dad is going to up and leave them all for Roberta.

Danielle did this to her boys. She agreed to Divorce Ick and puts up with his infatuation with Roberta. She's not thinking of the kids. She agreed to this nightmare situation so she never had the boys best interest at heart.  She's brainwashed by Ick and the boys should have always come first when considering this lifestyle. She gets what she deserves. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Clearly the common denominator is Ick.  No one should have children with Ick.  No one should get near Ick unless they're wearing a rain poncho.  They may also want to make sure there is higher ground they can move to if his tears cause a flood. 

I originally said that Ick would not move to Brazil because of his business.  However, if these clowns continue to enable him, he could.  Dannielle would continue to do the accounting for the business. I'm sure he has good crew foremen, etc. because I cannot imagine Ick leading a construction crew.  Dannielle never should have agreed to divorce him.  She could have gotten the new house and the business. She seems to be the one of the two that has the common sense to keep a business running.  

IIRC she got miraculously larger between seasons.  It was not mentioned on the show. (Feel free to correct me if someone has a better memory). I give her points for going fuller without going enormous. The Danielle of last season is not the Dannielle of this season. 

I noticed Dannielle looking different this season too. And in the previews for next week, her extensions are down to her waist and she’s wearing animal-print shorts and sandals that lace up to her knees. Big change from the athleisure of yore. 

• Love 3
On 8/3/2022 at 3:32 PM, applewood said:

I didn't make myself clear. I should never post when my special tea is starting to kick in. I get a bit foggy. Lol. I meant to say I thought she was older in her forties- and had aged out of the baby years or had done a procedure to cease having kids. Shocked she was only 32! And it's not that she looks old- it is her energy and the way she carries herself. Only when she is around Ick and Bert in the Tech Box Aka Ick's iphone of weep tho. Around other folks she lights up and I see 32 year old. I had my last child at 36 myself, she is still of child bearing age. Since its Friday - I will throw in A Love After love up cross over idea. I think Dani dating an inmate on that show would be a step up for her. If nothing else the sex can't be worse. I would beat my entire manuscript ICK sucks in that department. 

Like all the women in this season - she can do better in all ways than ICK but he is extra unattractive to me. He possesses not a lick of swagger, presence, defense of his use of oxygen, he's not even fun to mock like the others. 

• Love 3
On 8/1/2022 at 7:24 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Of course she didn't ask "how does this work?" She probably slammed that Uber door and thanked the lord Jesus for her deliverance. 

And now they're going to stalk her. How will she be able to resist?

Right? Marcus was whining about how she didn't ask any questions...um, because she has no interest in your lifestyle!

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 1
  • Love 1