Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Here Comes The Pride

• Start Topic

My favorite line of Emily's... she doesn't want to tell her parents about the pregnancy since they are paying for the wedding and she doesn't want to ruin it for them... ha! What a load of BS. They are paying for the wedding and she doesn't want to ruin it for HER. She doesn't care about how her parents feel. It's all about what will happen to her when they find out.

Also, she will somehow spin keeping the news from them to make Kobe look bad, when it's been her that's been the driving force behind keeping mum. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

My favorite line of Emily's... she doesn't want to tell her parents about the pregnancy since they are paying for the wedding and she doesn't want to ruin it for them... ha! What a load of BS. They are paying for the wedding and she doesn't want to ruin it for HER. She doesn't care about how her parents feel. It's all about what will happen to her when they find out.

Also, she will somehow spin keeping the news from them to make Kobe look bad, when it's been her that's been the driving force behind keeping mum. 

Although they will see the show so there’s only so much misleading she can do.  And yes she was afraid they wouldn’t pay for a wedding and she would have to lower her highness to a courthouse ceremony.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

What is with Bilal's family and stupid, unfunny "pranks?"

Thais' dad is a jackass. Thais needs to learn that the sooner you can tell a disapproving parent "You're YOU and I'm ME, and it's OK if I make different decisions than you," the better off you'll be.

Kobe is right to be pissed at Emily. The night before the wedding is a horrible time to say "I don't know if you're on the level." She may be the single dumbest person in the history of this franchise.

She's up there, but can't compete with morons like Paul, Karine, Erik, Jorge, Ricky, Big Ed, Nicole, and of Danielle, and Thais.

1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

Its Chantel and Pedro all over again. She lied, then threw him under the bus with enthusiasm. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She is a barnacle, does she realize the horses on the farm serve more of a purpose than she does.

Kobe could have worn a condom (twice) and could be enjoying life with a nicer woman, I will NEVER understand the total disregard for birth control on either end, they hardly knew each other in China and then went and did it again.  The both know they have no income but they don't seem to care, is their financial plan to be on the government dole?  

That’s exactly it: they’re grifters just like so many on this show. They intend to rely on government handouts and family members’ money. I’ll bet you Emily is the type to whine and bleat “it takes a vIlLaGe!” when what she really means is “I expect everyone to raise my child for me but I will not reciprocate or contribute anything in return.”

Kobe gets a lot of sympathy but I think he’s as shitty as Emily. He was perfectly happy being a parasite on his in laws knowing neither he nor Emily had money of their own and knowing the in laws had already been raising his son. And he arrogantly assumed his father in law would hand over his business to him. That’s not a cultural thing, that’s ignorance. He also thought four grand was a fortune. He did no research - nor did he apparently ask his friend Temperature - on what kind of money it takes to live in the U.S. That obviously doesn’t make him unique amongst 90 Dayers, though.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We, the audience, are apparently panting for the sight of a parade of silly, fatuous women trying on sparkly princess gowns while their disapproving friends look on

many of whom are in their fifties, married before, unemployed, deep in debt, etc. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, lizajane said:

Has Papa Nostrils given any specific reason why he doesn't want his precious daughter to marry Pat aside from the fact that he doesn't like him much?

Papa Nostrils fits him perfectly! I am fed up with this guy. He acts like an egotistical yet insecure man who has the heart of a bully. He is not interested in his daughter's happiness. He shows no willingness to communicate with Patrick whatsoever. Instead he looks like a threatened little kid, stating his displeasure in as few words as possible, which is based on what? Patrick has some issues but with time and commitment to each other, whose to say it won't work out? Patrick can give Thais a better life. Papa N, consider that, open your heart and your mind and give your daughter an opportunity to have a better life with the man she loves.

12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am prepared to put an crisp American five dollar bill on the table and bet that Jibri's horrible parents show up at the last minute,

Not acceptable. If I were Jibby, I would be upset if they showed up at this point after going through the grief and sadness, then maybe acceptance pertaining to them not coming, and then . . . surprise, we've come after all! That's not okay. Not okay to fool with Jib's emotions, especially on his wedding day. Mother Jib "just can't" come she says; she had no choice and she's protecting her heart. What is she talking about? And she's a therapist? YOUR SON HAS MADE A DECISION, SUPPORT THAT DECISION. It wasn't your decision to make, Mom. So instead of turning your back on him during this life event, be there for him.

Even now if the parents attend, what could have been a happy event for Jib and the family will be remembered as a stressful unhappy moment in their family story. Can you imagine, as the years pass, telling their kids, "oh, grandma and grandpa refused to come to the wedding and showed not one iota of happiness or support for us!"

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

I just watched Ari and Bini get married. Holy hell, it’s been quite some time since I’ve seen such an unfortunate looking bride. The 80’s is my fav decade but Ari seemed to have picked the tackiest 80’s throwback dress, with that ridiculous headband thing. She may as well have worn that spastastic headgear that Laura wore when she married Luke in General Hospital. 
And Ari’s sneakers (or whatever those things were she was wearing)-just awful. 
She looks like a grimacing rat. Ari’s makeup was tacky too. I guess she doesn’t have any friends who could help her out? Nope, had to be meddling Janice to help her.  What a shocker. 
Yes, I’m hate watching this show now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

So, in this week's installment:

Ariela and Bini: Not the best dress, hair, makeup, and shoes for her. I get that she wants to be comfortable. She can find nice sparkly flats or even blue flats that are not sneakers. Bini continues to be Mr. DIY - he adds hair cutting to his list of talents. Maybe they will be living happily ever after and we will only see them on a 90 Day Diaries update.

Shaeeda and Bilal: What is with his family and their stupid pranks? Would they like to be on the other side for a change? If I was Shaee, I would be having a not so nice chat with them about the continued disrespectful behavior since she arrived. If they want a gold digger, she will now be happy to be one. The dowdy dress fakeout was not cool. At least two of her sisters are in town for the wedding so she has some support and a different ear.

Miona and Jibby: So they head off on the one day drive to California? Really? The parents won't go, and grandma drove separately or did she fly and drive an hour or so? Where does the money come from for this 'wedding'? Have a simple one in South Dakota, and plan something nicer a few months later. Will Space Ca$h show up in his helmet? Will it just be them, the cacti and a few Gila monsters and other assorted fauna? At least Grandma knew how to put her suitcase on the luggage rack.

Emily and Kobe: So they get in to an argument the day before the wedding. Dad put on his African outfit, Emily's didn't fit right. And she is drinking non-alcoholic beer. The secret about the baby will come out. She is getting more round. Ems, Kobe may not want to live in a small town and may want to live in a more urban centre with a vibrant black and maybe African community. Where he fits in. He has his moments of stupidity (hello, no birth control) but he seems to be overall, a decent man and maybe one you do not deserve at this time. He sees his future in you and doesn't like it. You will need to change a bit and learn to compromise. You may not be able to 'run' him as you do your family. Time to grow up.

Yve and Mohamed: With this ring, I apply for thine Green Card. Yve's friends may all have gret advice, but Yve chooses to not listen. Her son was adorable in his suit. Her friends wore mostly inappropriate outfits for the wedding ceremony. Yve did not wear anything more 'modest'. Mo wishes he was in a mosque. He is in a real hurry to lock up this sponsor and hopefully not have to find a new one til his car arrives. Yve's lesson to learn. Ah well.

Thais and Patrick: Thighs is coming across as immature, selfish, unappreciative of pretty much anything. Her dad has known about Patrick for a while, so what is the problem? He is an American? Go home, Thighs. Nothing anyone does or any experience you have makes you miserable. A lot of the foreign fiances would love a day on a fancy yacht and not complain. That is all you seem to do. What are your plans for your life? Take ESL classes to improve your English and job prospects? Do you have any employment skills? Are you just planning to stay home and cook and clean and watch TV? Why are you so determined to get John out of the house? You just order Patrick around - ask him and John to make a schedule so you don't see him all the time. Unless Patrick adds you to the house, you have no claim. Maybe go back to Brazil, learn some humility, figure out who you are and then marry someone. You come across as spoiled and entitled.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Ari’s makeup was tacky too. I guess she doesn’t have any friends who could help her out? 

I thought she had a professional “MUA” (tm wonky-eyed Ben)  working on her at the kitchen table while Janice looked on and gave her sage advice about being treated like a Princess from this day forward. As far as her having friends to help out, she didn’t even appear to have any friends to come to the wedding! Apparently Leandro is her best and ONLY friend. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Shaeeda and Bilal: What is with his family and their stupid pranks?

I wish Shaeeda would grow a pair and prank them all right back, "Bilal darling, I am pregnant," then sit back and watch the hilarity unfold. 

Of course I am against forced sterilization but I would be okay with it if it were Emily being forced to have her tubes tied.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Yve and Mohamed: With this ring, I apply for thine Green Card.

So it was obvious he wants the green card, Yve knew it, she had to know it in the wee recesses of her brain but decides she wants the big show, the proposal on bended knee, the ring (bigger than the one she first got from Mo), also that is not a big stone by any stretch of the imagination AND she never once questioned where he got the money for it so we know reality was totally suspended. Mo is creepy, everyone sees it but her. 

Ariel and Bini are like that couple you only go out with so you can feel better about your relationship, they are shit show.  They want the American dream, (does it even exist anymore?), without actually getting a job, I mean what the hell do they do about health insurance? I always wonder about that for these dimwits, insurance is important, you know?

Thighs and Patrick will be one of those couples you go out with so you can feel better about your relationship.  She is immature and he does not understand other people's point of view and he knows he has the upper hand, so does she...I bet if he had no money, (and who knows if he really does), she would not give him the time of day and has no idea about the saying "When you marry for money, you earn every cent."

Not one of these weddings look like they were given more than 20 minutes thought, thrown together, low attendance, etc...more depressing than just going to the courthouse and a nice restaurant for dinner.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Not one of these weddings look like they were given more than 20 minutes thought, thrown together, low attendance, etc...more depressing than just going to the courthouse and a nice restaurant for dinner.  

^^^ This. These 2 weddings looked pathetic. And why waste money on a "castle" when there's a few people there. If I ever get married, I can see myself wearing a nice outfit (think, maybe retro style dress) with a small bouquet at the courthouse, followed by a gathering of like 20 people MAX at a restaurant to celebrate. 

Listening to Yve, who, granted is a few years younger than me, babble on about her dream wedding just screams immaturity and fantasy. 

Theran looked nice in prior to the wedding with his suit on but I noticed he opted for a tee and suit pants. I did like how he was a prominent part of the ceremony. PS: Yve's friends are scary looking. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

What was Patrick doing in Brazil in the first place?  He was there for enough time to even learn the language.  

Just what was he "selling" in Brazil?  Could this be why Papa Thais can't stand him?  

His father is from Brazil and went back to live there so he was visiting his father when he met her, this also explains why he can speak the language.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ever since I discussed the wedding of J & M with Grandma officiating, I'm getting ads and emails for getting certified as an officiant.. 

True Story: Back in 2009, my cousin became pregnant with a surprise baby. She made a Facebook post discussing it, including the phrase "unexpected pregnancy." Based on that post, her FB ads started filling with come-ons for abortion providers. Now my cousin is very Pro-Choice, but even she was a little offended at the idea that having an unexpected pregnancy automatically meant she wanted to terminate.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2022 at 6:43 PM, Katie111 said:

Ari’s dress was awful as was her hair.  Both looked like they were from the 80’s.  Her hair was a mess.   Not sure how her parents can be happy about this but I guess they just want to pass her off to someone by now. 

It was awful.  What also bugged the living fuck outta me was her moms cheap looking red v neck t-shirt under her fancy jacket.  I almost expected to see food stains on it.  I am not sure why just looking at Ari bugs me so much but it does.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I just watched Ari and Bini get married. Holy hell, it’s been quite some time since I’ve seen such an unfortunate looking bride. The 80’s is my fav decade but Ari seemed to have picked the tackiest 80’s throwback dress, with that ridiculous headband thing. She may as well have worn that spastastic headgear that Laura wore when she married Luke in General Hospital. 
And Ari’s sneakers (or whatever those things were she was wearing)-just awful. 
She looks like a grimacing rat. Ari’s makeup was tacky too. I guess she doesn’t have any friends who could help her out? Nope, had to be meddling Janice to help her.  What a shocker. 
Yes, I’m hate watching this show now. 

A bridge too far HOOKEDONTV!  Laura looked all fancy and glam!  HA!  If you are going to go with quirky and wear tennis shoes, the dress needs to be a bit quirky.  Her face work does give her a rodent quality.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/1/2022 at 11:48 PM, magemaud said:

I thought she had a professional “MUA” (tm wonky-eyed Ben)  working on her at the kitchen table while Janice looked on and gave her sage advice about being treated like a Princess from this day forward. As far as her having friends to help out, she didn’t even appear to have any friends to come to the wedding! Apparently Leandro is her best and ONLY friend. 

I thought she had a makeup person, too. But her makeup was horrible - her eye makeup was so heavy that is all you saw - not sure I could actually see her eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I thought she had a makeup person, too. But her makeup was horrible - her eye makeup was so heavy that is all you saw - not sure I could actually see her eyes. 

The heavy false eyelashes did her no favors! 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
n 7/31/2022 at 9:43 PM, Katie111 said:

Ari’s dress was awful as was her hair.  Both looked like they were from the 80’s.  Her hair was a mess.   Not sure how her parents can be happy about this but I guess they just want to pass her off to someone by now. 

Her parents probably would love to pass her off to someone but in this case instead of her parents just supporting Ari, they are also supporting Bini and Avi at least for now. If Ari was marrying a traditionally successful person who made a decent, steady salary, maybe her parents could start to untangle themselves from her.

But Ari can't pull that kind of partner -- she doesn't have the brains, personality, or looks. Plus, can't you just imagine how, if Ari was married to someone who had a FT job, that she would just bitch about him not being around enough, not paying enough attention to her or helping with Avi? She's way too jealous of everything. If such a dude was her husband and he was on Zoom calls, Ari would be poking her face onto the camera trying to check out who he was talking to. 

On an adjacent topic, I've never understood how so many of the 90 D'ers (Ari, Jibri, etc.) will not work because they are "trying to focus on work on their relationship." I'm sorry, but most people recognize that in order to have a roof over their heads and eat, they need a job. Working on the relationship can come after 5 pm. Drives me bananas. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

That smoky eye seemed too heavy for bridal makeup. I can see it more for the reception and dance (if there was one).

• Like 1

It’s a struggle to even watch this show anymore. There’s not one couple I’m rooting for. And I’m so damn tired of hearing “90 days isn’t enough time to get to know someone to marry.” Yeah, that’s the point! You get to know them beforehand, you get engaged beforehand, the 90 days is to get settled in the USA and get married.

Why does Thais want to tell everyone in Patrick's life that she's unsure about marrying him?

What does she think she's going to get out of the conversation?

And hasn't Patrick ever heard the saying, "If it's not a 'HELL YES!' , then it's a 'HELL NO'!"

Yve is so desperate with having a husband, the wedding and the story she made up in her mind that she is not seeing what it's in front of her eyes REALITY.

I feel sorry for her TBH but at the same time, it's like, girl you know what are you doing, you just want to follow the script you made up in your mind.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 1:01 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t know when his torso looked like this.  It certainly didn’t on the yacht. 

3FB7620E-2C2C-4865-91CC-8AA615ADF556.jpeg

My guess is he was just years younger. His face looks like it.

Old Bilal going from looking angry and shocked the first time Shaeeda mentions her prenup desires to saying "Sure, it's in there now." Then we learn she hasn't even read it!

I loved her real wedding dress. More Bilal family "fun" monkeyshines. Ugh.

I was surprised at the tears during Yve's wedding after how cold he was last week about the green card. He suddenly seems to have seen the light, although I always thought he wasn't so bad.

16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

And I’m so damn tired of hearing “90 days isn’t enough time to get to know someone to marry.” Yeah, that’s the point! You get to know them beforehand, you get engaged beforehand, the 90 days is to get settled in the USA and get married.

That and a prenush is NOT a will!!!!!

Ugh, these people.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Ari is one of the most unfortunate looking women on this franchise and that is saying a lot, lol. While I do think these "weddings' are fake for filming, I have no doubt that is what she wore and that she has zero friends. That is why they had to pay Leandro to show up to play the part of a best friend in addition to his actual role of ex husband. He is a grad student, dude needed the money. Sorry, but I am about to throw out a hurtful stereotype---Ari is spoiled JAP (Jewish American Princess). I went to school with many of them and in an area like Princeton, they abound. However, Ari is severely stunted in terms of maturity and independence and at this point she is what, 30? In her 30s? The rest of her social circle that were forced to hang out with her while in school have at this point moved on with careers and families of their own. What can Ari brag about having achieved? Hey here is my husband from Ethiopia. Is he a doctor? Engineer? No, he plays butt bongos and dreams of MMA fame. I met him in a taxi line and banged and got knocked up. This and her constant whining....who would want to hang around that? 

I wish the news of Emily's pregnancy would get out before the wedding, I want to see her father's head explode. 

While we all know Mo is here for the green card adn Yve lives in fantasyland with her "castle" wedding in NM and marrying her "King" (complete with tacky crown wedding ring). I do appreciate that when her son wasn't having anymore of that suit, she just let him wear what made him feel comfortable and rolled with it. No hand wringing about how THeron was ruining her dream day by having on a silly tshirt in the pics. . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Jibri has to know how much his mom disapproves of Miona. If she was able to take care of two adults, she surely can afford to fly somewhere for 2 days and see her ONLY son get married. That is time you cannot get back. She’s willing to miss that because she cannot stand Miona that much. Sad, really. 

The codependency between Thais and her father is really intense. Pats mom isn’t wrong - when you marry, you do have to prioritize your current immediate situation but then also hypocritical as she demands “my grandchild will live in America.” Every scene lately she looks absolutely miserable. I don’t blame her. But it’s possible he sold her a dream. Life is like a vacation to these gals until it’s not. She didn’t help herself by not being honest with her father from the start. 

Edited by tumamita
  • Sad 1