Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Here Comes The Pride

• Start Topic

Bilal's sister and Shaeeda have different wedding dress visions. Thais is torn between marrying Patrick and going home. Jibri hopes his parents will show up. Doubts overwhelm Emily before the wedding. Yve's friend offers one more out. 

First Look: 29/7/22; TLC: 31/7/22; Discovery+: 31/7/22

Poor Thais is so unhappy about all the travelling she has done in 2 months or so - Austin, Dallas, Vegas, Massachusetts, now Miami and then on to somewhere else. She laments to one of Patrick's rich friend's wife/girlfriend with a not so great Gucci jacket. Lamenting going to a yacht party too. Geez, girl, a lot of us wouldn't mind your sad, unhappy life. If you don't want to get married, call it off. Go home to your dad and find a nice, boring, poor local guy. Don't know if it was an editing error, but her bikini top changed color during the scene or whether she changed and the new scene was added on.

Bini also has hair talent. He was cutting his soon to be father in law's hair just before the wedding. I didn't really care for Ari's dress but.... at least Bini's family and friends can watch on Zoom. Ari, nothing they can do on Zoom.

Yve went to the nail salon with her crooked/shocked/almost Vulcan like eyebrow friend. The brow was really distracting. Of course the friend pointed out the various red flags and that she was a runaway bride.

• Love 11
(edited)

Wow, Bini surprises me yet again! Last week it was sewing, now he cuts hair? Edited to add: speaking of haircuts, Jibri’s grandmother looks like she just left the barber shop.

While Thais was pouring her heart out to her BFF of 20 minutes, all the comments Tammy could muster was “hard, yes, it’s hard...”  and during the conversation I wondered what happened to Trophy Wife Leslie? 

And I couldn’t resist a screenshot of our little fashionista bride’s footwear. It seems she always goes for the frump factor, thinking she looks quirky and fun

0BA95182-7D08-4C24-96B5-89980777F9CB.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Who knew that Yve is friends with Jocelyn Wildenstein? 

“It’s been a long journey from Milan to Minsk, Rochelle, Rochelle...” 

(she’s scary looking!)

5A401020-EBBE-4CDF-9BC6-8271F368A090.jpeg

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

The yacht scenes felt like a casting reel for the real housewives of wherever. Between the Gucci jacket and the under boob wrap shirtI thing I was cracking up. It’s funny how people choose to present themselves when given 10 minutes of “fame” on a cable TV show.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Isn’t the wedding in Orlando?  If so was Miami just so they could film the yacht scenes?

Supposedly the Day in Miami Yacht Trip was the other couples' "wedding gift" to Patrick and Thais and it certainly afforded everyone the chance to dress up in their Real Housewives (isn't there already a Miami franchise?) finery and remind us about Darcey and Stacey's Miami Fashion  Fiasco Week.  In addition, after the inevitable divorce, it will allow Thais to advertise herself as a Yacht Girl. 

Will the Orlando wedding be comped by WDW or Universal Studios? Edited to add: Maybe Sea World? 

I have to admit I was impressed by Patrick's backflip off the side of the yacht. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t know when his torso looked like this.  It certainly didn’t on the yacht. 

I thought he looked a bit "doughy" in his swimsuit. Posters here have guessed this might have been his Tinder photo when Thais also swiped right, either taken long ago or Photoshopped. I think it's the latter, even his head looks skinnier than in reality, like a funhouse mirror. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thaís sure makes intimate friends really fast.

be careful about using the term "intimate" because over on Seeking Sister Wives, it takes on a whole different meaning. I also thought it was pretty ridiculous and scripted that she just met Tammy and was pouring her heart out to her, just as farfetched as the Boston bridal shop having someone on staff (did she borrow Paula's Jazzy scooter?) who happened to speak Portuguese. (if I missed that they said she was a hired interpreter, I apologize.) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloe Dog said:

Thais appears to have a MUCH larger chest in her talking heads (pink top) as she does in a bathing suit on the yacht.  Anyone else notice that?

Aren’t talking heads done at the end of the season when they’re flown to LA?  She probably got Patrick to pay for a boob job.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Thais appears to have a MUCH larger chest in her talking heads (pink top) as she does in a bathing suit on the yacht.  Anyone else notice that?

Apparently, you're not the only one who is wondering about this as per Screen Rant: 

"Thaís likes to interact with 90 Day Fiancé viewers on her Instagram from time to time. One of the questions she recently received asked Thaís if she has got any breast implants that are making her body look different from what fans see on the show. Thaís told the fan, “no I didn’t have any surgery.” She tried to tell them that “the breast is basically fat.” As per 90 Day Fiancé star Thaís, every time she goes on a strict diet, she ends up losing her breasts. “If I eat more my breast looks like this,” confessed Thaís. As fans started following her on Instagram, they found that Thaís’s real-life look doesn’t match her on-screen appearance."

(gee, I always gain weight in my stomach area...) 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thais to her instant best friend on the yacht: "In Brazil, we have a lot of respect for parents."  Thais also drags out the cliches of communication problem and last-minute doubts about getting married.  She is one of the most boring fiances.

As is Bini, who said, "Dr. Fred is here to help me get ready," after he's shaving Dr. Fred's head.  I guess he made progress from "Dr. Weinberg," to "Dr. Fred."

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I guess he made progress from "Dr. Weinberg," to "Dr. Fred."

Maybe after the wedding he'll be allowed to call him "Dr. Dad." 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 7

Ari’s dress was awful as was her hair.  Both looked like they were from the 80’s.  Her hair was a mess.   Not sure how her parents can be happy about this but I guess they just want to pass her off to someone by now. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

What is with Bilal's family and stupid, unfunny "pranks?"

Thais' dad is a jackass. Thais needs to learn that the sooner you can tell a disapproving parent "You're YOU and I'm ME, and it's OK if I make different decisions than you," the better off you'll be.

Kobe is right to be pissed at Emily. The night before the wedding is a horrible time to say "I don't know if you're on the level." She may be the single dumbest person in the history of this franchise.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
On 7/29/2022 at 11:19 PM, Frozendiva said:

Poor Thais is so unhappy about all the travelling she has done in 2 months or so - Austin, Dallas, Vegas, Massachusetts, now Miami and then on to somewhere else. She laments to one of Patrick's rich friend's wife/girlfriend with a not so great Gucci jacket. Lamenting going to a yacht party too. Geez, girl, a lot of us wouldn't mind your sad, unhappy life. If you don't want to get married, call it off. Go home to your dad and find a nice, boring, poor local guy. Don't know if it was an editing error, but her bikini top changed color during the scene or whether she changed and the new scene was added on.

Bini also has hair talent. He was cutting his soon to be father in law's hair just before the wedding. I didn't really care for Ari's dress but.... at least Bini's family and friends can watch on Zoom. Ari, nothing they can do on Zoom.

Yve went to the nail salon with her crooked/shocked/almost Vulcan like eyebrow friend. The brow was really distracting. Of course the friend pointed out the various red flags and that she was a runaway bride.

Yve and trashy girl were having a surprise-off with the eyebrows.

Mrs. Anon and I were debating if Patrick really loves to travel so much, or if he's just milking the TLC dollars?  I can kind of respect if they're footing the bill, even if this isn't the smartest thing for him to do with his relationship now.  He probably should have worked on ingratiating himself with Thais' dad *before* the 90 days.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If Emily screws this up I’m willing to bet she’ll regret it for the rest of her life. There aren’t a lot of good guys out there who would put up with her offensive, controlling nature. Chances are she’ll end up alone. Or with a guy serving 25 to life. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

Ari’s dress was awful as was her hair.  Both looked like they were from the 80’s.  Her hair was a mess.   Not sure how her parents can be happy about this but I guess they just want to pass her off to someone by now. 

The video on You Tube of Bini's wedding to his first wife makes this wedding look cheap, last minute and tacky. Bride #1 was much prettier and he choreographed a special dance with her. The only similarity was each wedding featured a toddler. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

According to Shaeeda’s sisters, she doesn’t like America and was the last person they expected to come here. And yet, here she is jumping through hoops and being disrespected and pranked. Wonder what made her change her mind.

It was nice to see Emily’s extended family show Kobe kindness and support.  I believe Yve made a big mistake. Patrick should send Thais back to Brazil.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The video on You Tube of Bini's wedding to his first wife makes this wedding look cheap, last minute and tacky. Bride #1 was much prettier and he choreographed a special dance with her.

That video broke my heart. Bini and his first wife seemed so connected and so happy and yet it still all fell apart. I hope he gets his happy ending at some point. He seems to be a kind soul and without a doubt is such a caring father. I wish he and Ari the best. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

According to Shaeeda’s sisters, she doesn’t like America and was the last person they expected to come here. And yet, here she is jumping through hoops and being disrespected and pranked. Wonder what made her change her mind.

It was nice to see Emily’s extended family show Kobe kindness and support.  I believe Yve made a big mistake. Patrick should send Thais back to Brazil.

Maybe being in her mid thirties, heading to late 30s, two broken engagements, no real suitors in Trinidad. Parental and family pressure.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

When Emily took Kobe outside, proceeded to insult him, then got annoyed that he got upset instead of offering her reassurance, I wanted to throw my shoe in her face. Man oh man oh man. She only cares about herself. Her family made her the center of everything her whole life, catering to her every whim, so now everything in her world is about her and it doesn’t even dawn on her that her words and actions can actually affect other people. She didn’t care one bit that Kobe was upset, she just cared that he wasn’t catering to her and her needs. Wow. She’s unbelievably self absorbed. Poor Kobe. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Spectator said:

When Emily took Kobe outside, proceeded to insult him, then got annoyed that he got upset instead of offering her reassurance, I wanted to throw my shoe in her face. Man oh man oh man. She only cares about herself. Her family made her the center of everything her whole life, catering to her every whim, so now everything in her world is about her and it doesn’t even dawn on her that her words and actions can actually affect other people. She didn’t care one bit that Kobe was upset, she just cared that he wasn’t catering to her and her needs. Wow. She’s unbelievably self absorbed. Poor Kobe. 

And then the parents acted dismayed that Emily has developed zero life skills, responsibility, or financial acumen. Her failure to launch is partly their fault thanks to all their enabling. They never should have allowed her to move back in. Now, she’ll never leave. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

If Emily screws this up I’m willing to bet she’ll regret it for the rest of her life. There aren’t a lot of good guys out there who would put up with her offensive, controlling nature. Chances are she’ll end up alone. Or with a guy serving 25 to life. 

She and Ella can be roomies.

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Wonder what made her change her mind.

Maybe in Trinidad 37 is considered an old maid and her marriage prospects were slim.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

While I wish them all the best, I hope that this is the last we see of Bini and Butterface. 

I feel bad for poor Kobe. He has managed to pick the most controlling, spoiled, dour heffa to procreate with. I can't imagine who would hire her as a nanny to take care of their kids. I wouldn't hire her to shovel horse shit. He should bounce back to Cameroon before committiting to a life of unending misery.

Has Papa Nostrils given any specific reason why he doesn't want his precious daughter to marry Pat aside from the fact that he doesn't like him much?

Yve and her friend aka Jocelyn Wildenstein certainly made no attempt at dressing modestly for the big event. I couldn't stop looking at friend's lopsided boobs. And that hairstyle does not flatter Mohamed. He should move that helmet around from the top to the sides to cover his lumpy skull.  And his wedding band was a crown? 🤢  He says he wants a happy marriage with Yve. I say he wants a green card.

I wonder if Debris' parents will make a surprise appearance for the wedding. I keep hoping the rain will shrink those ugly matching ponchos. I do like Reverend Grandma Debris though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

The previews looked interesting, but they always do.    Only four more weddings to get through, Jibri & Miona's is only one that might have a dust storm attend, probably that happening is more likely than his parents showing up.  

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Now, she’ll never leave. 

She is a barnacle, does she realize the horses on the farm serve more of a purpose than she does.

Kobe could have worn a condom (twice) and could be enjoying life with a nicer woman, I will NEVER understand the total disregard for birth control on either end, they hardly knew each other in China and then went and did it again.  The both know they have no income but they don't seem to care, is their financial plan to be on the government dole?  

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Mrs. Anon and I were debating if Patrick really loves to travel so much, or if he's just milking the TLC dollars?  I can kind of respect if they're footing the bill, even if this isn't the smartest thing for him to do with his relationship now.  He probably should have worked on ingratiating himself with Thais' dad *before* the 90 days.

I think Patrick has to travel a lot for "business". Not his legit, supposedly respectable job selling alarm systems (wink wink), but his side hustle, you know, selling, um, "supplements" from the trunk of his car. 

7 hours ago, magemaud said:

The video on You Tube of Bini's wedding to his first wife makes this wedding look cheap, last minute and tacky. Bride #1 was much prettier and he choreographed a special dance with her. The only similarity was each wedding featured a toddler. 

Everything about Ari is cheap and tacky. Janice mooing that she "looked like a princess" and "make sure Bini treats you like one, every day" put my teeth on edge. Two way street, Janice, you hag. 

I am prepared to put an crisp American five dollar bill on the table and bet that Jibri's horrible parents show up at the last minute, because of course the most important thing would be to steal Miona's thunder on her wedding day and make it all about them. I still don't get why they hate Miona so much. She has behaved like a lady, never raised her voice or treated Jibri mean (like Emily does with Kobe or Ari does with Bini or Thais does with Patrick). She wanted to have the wedding she wanted, rather than pick her way through the cow pats on Granny's farm. What a monster. 

I am cutting Jibri and Miona slack, anyway. They've actually had a long standing relationship, and didn't they live together in Serbia? I think they're just playing the role (badly) for that sweet TLC coin. Jibri is an idiot but I confess a sneaking fondness for Miona. She'll do just fine. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am cutting Jibri and Miona slack, anyway. They've actually had a long standing relationship, and didn't they live together in Serbia? I think they're just playing the role (badly) for that sweet TLC coin. Jibri is an idiot but I confess a sneaking fondness for Miona. She'll do just fine. 

I give them no slack, not even an inch. It has been reported that they have been a couple for a long time, years in fact and I think there might be more to the story about his parents and his relationship to Miona as in they do not wish to get caught up in the TLC phoniness of it all any more than they have to or they attended the wedding in Serbia years ago and don't want to drive the twenty hours to this sham of a wedding. Also, do Jibjab and Miona even have a marriage certificate from the state of California? Is Grammy ordained on line at least? 

How funny that Jib suddenly had the money to move out all along, hmmm. Where did that money come from?  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm loving Bini more every show, he's truly a Renaissance man with many skillz. 

I'm thinking these folks are leaving the more juicy story lines out because I'm not getting the parental disdain for Miona and Patrick.  There's got to be more that we're not getting here.  I mean, they're not perfect by any stretch, but both parents are divorced/maybe remarried, so they know it's not an inescapable mistake.  Imagine how interesting this show COULD BE if we knew the whole story!  And, show, c'mon, you are attempting to keep the "will they or won't they" drama going, while showing Thais getting her wedding hair/makeup done . . . ?  Speaking of wedding makeup, Miona was going full Bratz lips, and I was pleased to see that apparently Yve did her own hair/makeup. 

I want to feel sorry for Kobe (except, condoms).  If he weren't such a devoted dad, he should absolutely leave and return to Cameroon.  I would love to see Emily dive at Kobe's ankles as he walks away. 

Poor Shaeda, that first wedding dress WAS hideous!  The sister hinted that the dress might have been in the family, maybe even hers (sister's).  Shame that if sister was going to design/make the dress all along that they wasted the time and energy of the bridal shop staff. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Poor Shaeda, that first wedding dress WAS hideous!  The sister hinted that the dress might have been in the family, maybe even hers (sister's).  Shame that if sister was going to design/make the dress all along that they wasted the time and energy of the bridal shop staff. 

I had almost forgotten my complete disdain for Bilal's *entire family*, with that "It's just a prank, Bro" wedding dress joke.  Who does that?!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I had almost forgotten my complete disdain for Bilal's *entire family*, with that "It's just a prank, Bro" wedding dress joke.  Who does that?!

Assholes do it. Assholes.

Edited by Gobi
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

It is Rule One in the Sharp Productions Writers Guide that everyone, I mean EVERYONE, has to try on wedding dresses. We, the audience, are apparently panting for the sight of a parade of silly, fatuous women trying on sparkly princess gowns while their disapproving friends look on. Not one person has gone to the altar in a dress she's tried on at some long suffering bridal shop. 

Never mind the weddings! I mean, who among us does not remember his or her wedding day. Remember the stank face in laws, and your weeping friends who said encouraging things like "well, I just hope it lasts" or "We're hoping for the best, but we'll be here when things inevitably go south". Sweet tap dancing Jesus. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, lizajane said:

Has Papa Nostrils given any specific reason why he doesn't want his precious daughter to marry Pat aside from the fact that he doesn't like him much?

How do you say in Portuguese, "Because he's a douchebag"? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am prepared to put an crisp American five dollar bill on the table and bet that Jibri's horrible parents show up at the last minute

I was trying to figure out if the background behind his mom was her house or a hotel room.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, do Jibjab and Miona even have a marriage certificate from the state of California? Is Grammy ordained on line at least? 

I would imagine that production wants us to think that Grandma got ordained online (which I understand can be done in minutes) but since Jibri hasn't tried to hide his wedding ring all season, I suspect the rumors are true that they've been married all along and this is just a story concocted for dramatic purposes. Now, with their TLC money, they can afford to move to California. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Shame that if sister was going to design/make the dress all along that they wasted the time and energy of the bridal shop staff. 

All I could think of when I saw the real dress on the hangar was that Shaeeda must have a swan's neck! That uber modest lace "collar" must have stood up three inches! Maybe they went to the bridal salon just for ideas, knowing all along that Nef was going to make the gown. 

10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I would imagine that production wants us to think that Grandma got ordained online (which I understand can be done in minutes) but since Jibri hasn't tried to hide his wedding ring all season, I suspect the rumors are true that they've been married all along and this is just a story concocted for dramatic purposes. Now, with their TLC money, they can afford to move to California. 

The last time I checked (I'm a retired reference librarian) online ordinations can only be done where the court clerk that issues licenses accepts them.    There might be another problem too, if Joshua Tree management allows weddings. and I'm sure since it's a national park requires a reservation and a permit for photos, and using the venues on park property.     They limit the number of people at each venue, and the number of cars.   They may actually use a separate private venue also.  I don't know if they allow outside officiants or not.      

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a TV storyline, and they don't need a license or officiant.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I mean, come on. We all know by now that all the weddings on this shitshow are fake! A succession of cheap, thrown together affairs in some shitty park, with five guests because no one can take time off to go to a re-created "wedding". Jibri and Miona probably had their Joshua Tree nuptials planned all along, with all the appropriate paperwork and permissions in place months ago, and just made up the "beach wedding" and "farm wedding" stories out of whole cloth. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought Yve said she was Native American-yet her parents didn't seem to be Native American.  Am I misremembering?

All of these marriages are messy.  I think Bini will do whatever he can to keep his marriage going as he truly loves his son and seems to be the primary caregiver.  Kudos to him even though he could have lost another son had Ari not been willing to be on t.v., er, I mean get married.

I think Emily's sole purpose in taking Kobe outside was to disengage him from her family who seemed to really like him and she just couldn't have that.

Yve seemed really happy and I do believe that she really wanted to get married.  I am now a fan of the dress she wore (I don't get the 'have to be sexy' look that dominates on various shows [looking at you Say Yes to the Dress]).  The see through was a bit too much IMO.  Mo also seemed really happy.  It's a shame that they didn't have his family watch the ceremony like Bini's did (or maybe we just didn't see it).  I was glad that Yve's son seem happy but my heart aches for him as I don't think this marriage will last and I think he has developed a real bond with Mo.

Don't care about Jibri and Miona.  Jibri seems to make every single thing into the most important thing ever and it's really tiring.

Thais and Patrick bore me (I can't take anymore of her interviews in which she claims she just doesn't know what to do about whether or not to marry Patrick-if it's that big of a decision then just don't marry him as it seems like you don't have a passion/love for him).

Edited by seacliffsal
because I'm making all kinds of mistakes today
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The last time I checked (I'm a retired reference librarian) online ordinations can only be done where the court clerk that issues licenses accepts them.    There might be another problem too, if Joshua Tree management allows weddings. and I'm sure since it's a national park requires a reservation and a permit for photos, and using the venues on park property.     They limit the number of people at each venue, and the number of cars.   They may actually use a separate private venue also.  I don't know if they allow outside officiants or not.      

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a TV storyline, and they don't need a license or officiant.  

That's another reason I think they're already married. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

Yve wanted to get married at that strange looking castle like venue, she went inside and loved the decor, etc...just had to have her wedding there but goes and has an outdoor ceremony, why?

Thighs is young, not very smart and I think she imagined being way more in to Patrick than she really is, like her feelings would suddenly kick in once she got to the states but those feelings are just not there.  If she really wanted to please her father and honor his wishes then she would not have continued a relationship with Patrick, she wanted to get to the states and she sort of likes Patrick.

• Love 3