Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter Seven: Carnival of Souls

• Start Topic

I need A to kill Faran's mom ASAP. She is completely awful.

Noa's mom and Mouse's mom can go to. What shitty people. 

Tabby's mom is the best of the bunch.

Too bad about next week being the series finale. This show is astonishingly bad but I do enjoy it lol.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I didn't understand how did Mouse's keep her, after the mention of surogate?

Yea, I was confused there, too. Was Mouse's mom also the egg donor? But also, I have definitely heard of times when a surrogate ended up deciding to keep the baby and it being allowed. 

12 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

She mentioned they went off the record with the pregnancy, no agency?

I don't get it really 

Exactly what I was coming here to ask. It sounds like she just kept the baby despite the father (and presumably intended mother) wanting the child, but how did they have no recourse? Even if there was no agency, the biological connection would easily be enough for legal rights. (It felt a little like Little Fires Everywhere but in that case she flat-out took the child and went on the run.) I've been confused about everything in Mouse's story from the jump. 

• Love 2
On 8/13/2022 at 5:41 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure there aren't many surrogacy laws (or literally none in some states) and stuff like this, the surrogate deciding to keep the baby, is technically allowable.

Why would the biological father have no rights? I can buy that since they "did it the old-fashioned way" (so she's also the bio-mom, not a full surrogate) she herself can keep the baby, but the father would have rights the same as any other.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

Why would the biological father have no rights? I can buy that since they "did it the old-fashioned way" (so she's also the bio-mom, not a full surrogate) she herself can keep the baby, but the father would have rights the same as any other.

It was obviously done under the table so to speak and maybe there was some reason for that and he didn't want to get involved in a court battle.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It was obviously done under the table so to speak and maybe there was some reason for that and he didn't want to get involved in a court battle.

True, which makes it even more irritating that Mouse didn't ask ANY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS and moved on like it was a big shrug

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gesundheit said:

True, which makes it even more irritating that Mouse didn't ask ANY CLARIFYING QUESTIONS and moved on like it was a big shrug

Right?! I felt like a huge part of the conversation was missing. Why did she take her? Is she also the mom or was it another woman’s eggs? Did she take her before or after the birth? Did she make up a lie to get out of the surrogacy or just vanish without a trace? Does her other mom know and, if so, why did she go along with it? Are they all living under false identities? Where’s the other couple now? Would they be more furious that she took their baby or that they unofficially named her Mouse? But most importantly WHY?!?!?!?!

Edited by Chanandler Bong
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Is she also the mom or was it another woman’s eggs?

I wondered this too but then @gesundheit reminded me she said they 'did it the old fashioned way,' which implies Mouse is her biological daughter. That also makes her just taking Mouse and the dad not doing anything make slightly more sense.

• Useful 1
On 8/17/2022 at 6:31 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I wondered this too but then @gesundheit reminded me she said they 'did it the old fashioned way,' which implies Mouse is her biological daughter. That also makes her just taking Mouse and the dad not doing anything make slightly more sense.

Mouse’s mom said that? I guessed I missed that. That’s…a weird thing to do.